1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Police time:
8045698125_5706d57530_k.jpg

On the left is a BMW 328i with a light bar, and on the right is a Chevrolet Camaro in police livery with a light bar.

And then there is this thing. I don't think it is based on anything in the real world, but I saw that Locoman had it in a cool color and decided to share mine.
8045578787_7fe3cd52cf_k.jpg

And this one is on a $20 instead of a $10.

IMG_1107.jpg

You gotta admit, this is pretty funny.

Too much? :P
Traded my $uper Chevelle & VW Beetle for a $uper S2000 & Ferrari 599XX. :D

I love that Chevelle, but I gotta say, I think you did good. đź‘Ť
That Cadillac casting is pretty damn nice.
I honestly don't remember how I obtained it(it's from before I started collecting), but you are right. It is nice.
I find the wad of cash funny. A bit of spare change, you found behind the couch, eh?
Oh, I just got home from collecting my money. I only had to break two legs today. He'll pay tomorrow, I told him twice. :sly:

Well, here is another three pics of that thing I said looks like a GT~ONE:

8045253404_2a8a5f2b35_k.jpg

8045240149_af2ef2d1ab_k.jpg

8045257154_60fdabd4bf_k.jpg

I'm not crazy, right? This thing HAS to be based on the TS020.

Pretty sure what you are actually looking at is an unlicensed, mixture of the DOME S102.5 (Coupe body, with some alterations) and S101(Front end)

And then there is this thing. I don't think it is based on anything in the real world, but I saw that Locoman had it in a cool color and decided to share mine.
8045578787_7fe3cd52cf_k.jpg

That on the other appears to be the Riley & Scott MK III, which is a real car (as you can see here). Though that looks very different from the one I have.

I saw that Cadillac prototype at the flea market, considered picking it up. But Cadillac just...doesn't interest me.
Not me either, usually. I think I may have bought this car right around the time Cadillac went into the new 'edgy' design direction. I sure have been tired of their cars for years now, but when they first started it, I thought it was interesting.

I love Caddys, but of ooooold.

Edit: Oh, and check out my another pic of the caddy.

"Fujimi". There is a name I haven't heard in.......... a lot of years. :lol:
[Off Topic]
I actually prefer 'Fujimi' to 'Tamiya', they have a more diverse 1:24 kit range. I've had a little project on the back-burner for a while now, which involves converting a 'Fujimi' Del-Sol into a fire-breathing 'GT300' style car.. something like this 'Trueno':

I've already cut oversized arches into the body of the 'CRX', to be able to accommodate the oversized wheels that's going on it, and i intend to make it into a V6 mid-engine.. thanks to a damaged 'Tamiya Castrol Mugen NSX JGTC'. the engines open throttle-body inlets and exposed sequential gear shift linkage, should make it look sweet once it's finished... I've got a far way to go yet, but will more than likely post pics in the model thread at some point.

@Cano... it's a no-go, the last time i visited my mom, i searched for old diecast, but found nothing except a few old Transformers. Still a plus i guess, but not what i was hoping for. :indiff:

pics when I get home.

First I have some bad news. I dropped my M2 F-100 shortly after I took it out of the packaging and the front bumper broke off. Will have to fix it :(

FordF-1001956M2_zps942877c8.jpg

Other than that, here are the highlights to my purchases today:

OldsCutlass442HotsOnes_zps3c569880.jpg

HondaCivicSiBoulevard_zpsdca3dff1.jpg

HondaCivicCRXHotsOnes_zpsb25ed428.jpg

ElReySpecialHotsOnes_zps68ea1317.jpg

AMCRebelMachineBoulevard_zps690ec5e8.jpg

Got 2 of each. Show me the Jelly

Curses, I am still trying to find the CRX, but Hot Ones hasn't updated in ANY of my local stores... :grumpy: Still unsure whether to pick up the C1 Corvette...

Loving that M2 F100. đź‘Ť Vector was a hard-to-find for me. I finally found it at one Walmart WAY out of town I had never been to before! I did pass on the Corvette, but I am liking these 'finer' additions to AOS's collection. đź‘Ť

At1: I didn't know Fujimi was still around. :P Please alert me when you are done with your project. I'd love to check it out.

That's class right there Andy. With the exception of the Civic, I'd rock every single car in there. I MUST FIND THE 442. I have every variation of that car but the green one ($70+ dollar car). I need to have the blue one too.

Cano, I just remembered a few days ago someone mentioned you had an autographed car/blister. Enlighten me on this please. :)

I wouldn't have bought so many Hot Ones if Toys R Us would sell some damn basics I wanted.

Little bit of everything goes a loooong way. ;) Personally, I covet this & that in every line they make. Except the monster trucks(sorry Harry).

Edit:
Cano, I just remembered a few days ago someone mentioned you had an autographed car/blister. Enlighten me on this please. :)

Towards the end of this post.

Oh okay, thank you!

I have a Larry Wood autographed 'Tooned Eclipse, but I was told he autographs quite a bit and isn't worth much.
A member of the antique car club I belong to was in Detroit several years ago for its Woodward Avenue Cruise and he noticed some guy with a large crowd around him signing Hot Wheels. He thought of me and how much I love Hot Wheels and waited to get his autograph on the cars that were available.

^The first one actually fooled me :lol:

Yes, I must have taken a hundred shots of that car/backdrop combo before I was happy that that one had some realism. Thanks for the FB.
How's that darn cat? How come he doesn't come this way anymore to play? MG! Don't tell me you opened the box wrong, Schrodinger! :)

photon what car is that?

Roger that.

It compliments the money.

And money talks, too. ;)

Loving the backdrop Harry. Very nice. đź‘Ť

If the Goat is pleased - my work here is done.
:lol:
Another one of those 30 Sec setups, Goat, and hopefully I'll be bringing more to the table. Just makes you feel like you want to jump in and drive, hey? :)

IMG_1107.jpg

You gotta admit, this is pretty funny.
You're not hiding that funny money very well, a6m5, you need a bigger car.

You paid HOW MUCH for that thing?

Did you even need to ask? You know he's always getting ripped off.

Too much? :P

See? I told you.

Oh, I just got home from collecting my money. I only had to break two legs today. He'll pay tomorrow, I told him twice. :sly:

How many legs does this guy have?

How did I not know Maisto had this! :eek: Though this is from the Elite Transport series in 2011...

Maisto-BRE-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evo-X-BRE-2.jpg

I have two of the Maisto 55s, too, Medigo, and I think Ben has some trucks from the series. I got the #510 and the Z.

....XsnipX....... He thought of me and how much I love Hot Wheels and waited to get his autograph on the cars that were available.

Funny how friends are like that - if they know you have a passion for these cars, and then they actually see your collection, they ocassionally come along with a car for you, or tell you they saw some 'weird' car on the pegs, and bought it for you.
A HW is the cheapest way to make a DVA HW collector happy.

Harry was telling me something, but he shouldn't have quoted the money shot. I keep getting distracted.

Latest Posts

Back