Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
I was trying out your Zonda R tune and a question came to mind as i looked at the setup sheet, as well as all the others.

What is the advantage, if any, of the transmission setup process which you entail?
What exactly does that do?

I see the gearbox setting like this , it's simple.In my opinion this is valid for 95% of the cars in GT5.

Most of the cars, principally when tuned with High rpm turbo and even without, have their best power band in a range of 1000 to 1500 rpm only.
So, to explore the power where it is, you need when you shift to an upper gear that this gear retake at a good high RPM , inside the ideal power band.
For example, shift at 8000 rpm retake at 7000 rpm staying on the ideal peak of power.

There is 2 kind of settings.

For rolling start like a time attack seasonal: then i do the tranny trick always.
Reset/ final gear max full right / top speed min full left / 1st gear as long as possible (full left) - last gear as short as possible (full right) and the rest spreaded heavenly between./ then final gear again to reach the max speed i need for a given track.

For a grid standing start: Then it depend if your car have enough power or torque depending of the tires and grip, to support a very long 1st gear.
If yes, perfect. I do the tranny trick again.
If not , that's the case of low power cars and/or 3 or 4 even 5 gears cars, i need to have the longer first gear as possible that will bring me to the last gear till my given top speed for the track.

Also for very powerfull cars or temperamental cars (like zondaR) the very long first gear help to control the power at low speed.
Easiest for out slow corner exit, you can modulate with the throttle in the way of shifting nervousely losing the rear grip and spinning all the time..........

That why i tune my gearboxes like this.

👍:)👍

Last night I played Lambo races at 610PP and the Murcielago LP SV is the best of all... The Aventador is a very good opponent and any get win...

You could update the old tune of Murcielago SuperVeloce? :rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

Super veloce faster than aventador??? sound strange to me, perhaps at 610pp ??? I have to check.

MERCEDES-BENZ SLS AMG '10
SPECIAL DRIVING ACADEMY REPLICA.

sls-amg-gt3-630.jpg

slsamgdrivingacademyjpg2.jpg

tumblr_kug01hBS4X1qzhmoco1_1280.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°​

Last edited:
^Very nice allready built it!

This was the challenge, i think i'm close, the original is very good really. I've tried to give the same driving sensation. Smooth and fast, like the water :)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I want this for the next DLC Mr Kazumi .... :) to make a hydropneumatic tune for Cote d'azur.👍 CITROEN DS 23 IE CABRIOLET.
Please.:):)
ECH19510512_1.jpg

Can you make a tune for an R8 making it like an LMS car?
You mean this one ??
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5514124#post5514124

I will really really enjoy this (I enjoy all your others too)! :)

Thanks again, and again, again............ 👍 👍

You're welcome my friend, sure you will like it, it's a very special car for me.
It was a very good exercise to discover a way to make it as close as possible as the original driving academy car.
PD must give the option for any GTPlayer to hide his settings with a personnal code. Every car would be unique like this one in the game.

Have a good sunday.

Hello Praiano63,

You have a tune for the V8 vantage 99' and the S-type R 02'?

Thank you,

MR65SS.

Sorry i don't, i have the V8 vantage and the jag in my garage but i've never tuned any of them. Their day will come. I have around 10 cars in tuning process at the same time, always +-. I take one work it a little on it and take another one...... This is how i do.:)
Now that you refresh my memory perhaps they will be in my garage soon, if they pass the first test drive. I think they will. The aston martin and his 1970kg let me perplex but when you see the range stormer or Audi Pike peak running like the wind, there is still hope. Let's see.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Fair enough, hope their day will come then (:
I hope for a Honda/Acura DN-x concept tune or Dualnote tune as well.

Fair enough, hope their day will come then (:
I hope for a Honda/Acura DN-x concept tune or Dualnote tune as well.

I have it tuned,it was for the actual concept cars shootout but i did not use it . 550PP sport soft.

Also on the list. 👍

Could be... room of Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 cup... why not? is very similar with the aero downforce kit :D
More hours of fun, thanks friend!! I just think I'll be down the total weight... sorry for the aberration :rolleyes:

And speaking of fun rooms... comes early in your job list the Clio Trophy? Is fun with S3 or R1

Thanks, have a nice day!

The Mazda Roadster TC has seven documented tunes, and here are links to each one:
Tune 6(Praiano's tune)
Tune 6 (Praiano's tune)This tune N°6 is not mine but from wardez, after trying this car i decided to not tune it. I use wardez tune, it's perfect for me.

Could be... room of Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 cup... why not? is very similar with the aero downforce kit :D
More hours of fun, thanks friend!! I just think I'll be down the total weight... sorry for the aberration :rolleyes:

And speaking of fun rooms... comes early in your job list the Clio Trophy? Is fun with S3 or R1

Thanks, have a nice day!

Sorry, i don't do "replica " because i don't know what they look like .. driving i mean. There is some people doing this already.
The SLS driving academy is different, you can feel the tune on the track but you can't see the setting , because hiden by PD. This was my goal and above everything ,it's a very good car.
The Clio trophy is a good stock tune, i don't know if possible to do better, only adapt to his own driving style.
I don't have any order on my list, the last can be the first or a car can stay months without driving it. No rules.
I just have fun doing this, i'll see.
><(((((°>°°°°°°

Last edited:
Sorry, i don't do "replica " because i don't know what they look like .. driving i mean. There is some people doing this already.
The SLS driving academy is different, you can feel the tune on the track but you can't see the setting , because hiden by PD. This was my goal and above everything ,it's a very good car.
The Clio trophy is a good stock tune, i don't know if possible to do better, only adapt to his own driving style.
I don't have any order on my list, the last can be the first or a car can stay months without driving it. No rules.
I just have fun doing this, i'll see.
><(((((°>°°°°°°

Ok, is a way of speaking, I know that's not what you wanted in the tune, but i like the idea of SLS GT3 CUP watching the photo

True, the stock tune of Trophy is good, so it is very used by all people. I just wanted to do it as fast as possible, and I turn to you :)

Thanks friend!

Ok, is a way of speaking, I know that's not what you wanted in the tune, but i like the idea of SLS GT3 CUP watching the photo

True, the stock tune of Trophy is good, so it is very used by all people. I just wanted to do it as fast as possible, and I turn to you :)

Thanks friend!

Those are the specs. It is possible to build something inside this limitations and do the best tune for it. My driving academy have almost the same power (488 hp) and just 130 kg more. I can adapt it to this . easy.

General specifications
Country of origin Germany
Numbers built N/A
Introduced 2010

Engine
Configuration M159 90º V8
Location Front, longitudinally mounted
Weight 206 kilo / 454.2 lbs
Construction aluminium block and head
Displacement 6.208 liter / 378.8 cu in
Bore / Stroke 102.2 mm (4 in) / 94.6 mm (3.7 in)
Compression 11.3:1
Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed Fuel Injection
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated
Power 500 bhp / 373 KW
Torque 600 Nm / 443 ft lbs
BHP/Liter 81 bhp / liter

Drivetrain
Body aluminium panels
Chassis aluminium spaceframe
Front suspension double wishbones, anti-dive, coil springs, gas-pressurised shock absorbers, anti-roll bar
Rear suspension double wishbones, anti-dive and anti-squat, coil springs, gas-pressurised shock absorbers, anti-roll bar
Steering rack-and-pinion, power assisted
Brakes ventilated carbon ceramic discs, all-round
Gearbox Paddle Operated 6 speed Semi-Automatic
Drive Rear wheel drive

Dimensions
Weight 1340 kilo / 2954.2 lbs
Length / Width / Height 4710 mm (185.4 in) / 1990 mm (78.3 in) / 1195 mm (47 in)
Wheelbase / Track (fr/r) 2680 mm (105.5 in) / 1686 mm (66.4 in) / 1644 mm (64.7 in)

Performance figures
Power to weight 0.37 bhp / kg

Damn good TT Time for you in the washing machine at indy!

Yes my friend, epic night at indy road i have to go under 1:23 . I'll try again later, i was 52 at this time, don't know now. But i think i'll try another car too, this is boring always the same 2J chaparral.:yuck:
Have a good night.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hello Senior Praiano,

So fantastic, a joy on the 24Hr Nur, with S3.

Tell me, since I bought the car new, with no oil change, my torque doesn't match yours, do you have any Exhaust mods installed to raise this torque?

I know BHP raises when breaking in car, is there any way to break in car ONLINE? or has to be done offline in practice mode only?

will the torque raise so much from breaking in car?

p.s , for now, I put semi-racing exhaust, intake, out-take, and sport filter, and this car can handle an extra 200lbs of tq I'm sure!

great way to spend a Sunday, in 550, thanks. cheers.

Just want to commend you on the good job on the SLS tune. Feels very close to how it handles in the challenges. Good work as always my friend.

Hello Senior Praiano,

So fantastic, a joy on the 24Hr Nur, with S3.

Tell me, since I bought the car new, with no oil change, my torque doesn't match yours, do you have any Exhaust mods installed to raise this torque?

I know BHP raises when breaking in car, is there any way to break in car ONLINE? or has to be done offline in practice mode only?

will the torque raise so much from breaking in car?

p.s , for now, I put semi-racing exhaust, intake, out-take, and sport filter, and this car can handle an extra 200lbs of tq I'm sure!

great way to spend a Sunday, in 550, thanks. cheers.

I break the engine on Bspec nurburgring endurance. Running after the yellow bird or amuse GT1. It's a good base to know how is your 550PP car.
The torque will raise after this of course because you'll need 81% power limiter. No other parts are needed.
Very soft drive, but fast.

Just want to commend you on the good job on the SLS tune. Feels very close to how it handles in the challenges. Good work as always my friend.

Thanks my friend, this was the goal.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
praiano63
New tune update, just another car. Drive it, better than 🤬 words.

I bought the dlc 2 days ago. And my AVE looks just the same as yours (except the rear wing. I dont like any of the rear wings)

Back