OCD Cars to buy for WRS Events - Updated Aug. 29, 2013

• Thread starter Hydro
  • 93 comments
In order to use a car that you have shared (your own car) you must 'unshare' it. You can't even access the car at all until you take it offline which must be done in your garage (you can't do it from an online lobby). Not sure if that is something that has changed, but it's the way it is now.

I kept making that mistake when I shared the R10 last week. I entered an online lobby to practice for the online race and had to exit all the way back to the home screen, then garage in order to get the car.

It must have changed then. Early in the game's life, I had a NASCAR shared for my friends and I was able to use it online without unsharing it.

I never really understood the sharing restrictions TBH. I thought part of the plan (and I'm not pretending for one minute that I have any idea what PD thinks :)) was that I could share a car, and join a friend in a lobby to run it together, review it, etc.
I get that there is just 1 car, but if we are in the same (virtual) location, why can't the car be there for both drivers?
But that's a question / statement for another thread altogether...

I'm gonna test this for myself. My F10 is set to share.

I guess I'm confused about this. You can use your own personal shared cars, but you can't use anyone else's.

That's what I was getting at to begin with. That's how I know it's always been since the beginning.

I'm gonna test this for myself. My F10 is set to share.

I guess I'm confused about this. You can use your own personal shared cars, but you can't use anyone else's.

That's what I was getting at to begin with. That's how I know it's always been since the beginning.

I may have explained it poorly, sorry about that. What I mean is this:
I set my Audi to share online. It now has that little globe icon in the garage view of GT Mode.

Anyone on my FR list can borrow it to use offline, or in the seasonal events.
They cannot use it in online lobbies.

For me to use / tune / or see the stats of the car, I have to go back to my garage while offline (meaning not in an online lobby) and 'unshare' it. Until I do that I have no accesss to the car at all.

If a friend is using the car when I unshare it, they can continue to use it until they get out of it (so technically we can both be using 1 car at the same time). When they want to use it again, it won't be there for them unless I share it again.

When the PSN went down way back, I had to re-buy a couple of cars that were set for sharing because I couldn't get them back until the network was restored :( My drivers were stuck in limbo as well.

July 23, 2012 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
ChamonixEast.jpg

Citroen Xsara Rally car cr 150,000

As with the Lancia Stratos Rally car, the Citroen Xsara Rally car is not scheduled for any current or future planned events. However, by recommending it's purchase now, it will allow for more Rally car options the next time a rally event (or car) is selected.
And it's cheap (all things considered) 👍

And of course, the Mercedes CLK Touring Car is recommended seeing as Kevin already snuck it into the current WRS TT at the Nurburgring 24 hr track and it will be used in the Online Race following the Time Trial.

Last edited:

August 30, 2012 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:

Toyota_au_CERUMO_Supra_01.jpg

Toyota Castrol TOM's Supra '01 cr 750,000

Toyota_Castrol_TOMs_Supra_01.jpg

Toyota au CERUMO Supra '01 cr 750,000

These cars are not scheduled for any specific upcoming event, but we'll likely use them in an online race with tuning restricted when we need a substituted for the current time trial. They are trade-able also, but a good idea to get one while they are available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chap. 2D is in the OCD as well.

300SL Coupe and 69 Z28. There's 2 more PSP cars imported.

The Z06 Race Car, but that's been used in a prior event.

Last edited:
The GT40 Race Car '69, Marc?

Chap. 2D is in the OCD as well.

300SL Coupe and 69 Z28. There's 2 more PSP cars imported.

The Z06 Race Car, but that's been used in a prior event.

Sorry guys, missed these posts.
The GT40 and Chapparal 2D are great cars, and I would encourage everyone to have them in their garage but there is no plan ATM to use them in events. Both cars were considered for the Le Mans enduro, but in the end we went with the premiums only (after we just about went insane trying to balance the cars performance wise :crazy:).

The 300SL and 69 Z28 are both available as premiums as well aren't they? In a scenario like that, we would always go for the premium model as they are instantly available to everyone and they allow for much closer shots in photomode if checking replays is required.

Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00 @ 1,250,000

Unlikely to be used any time soon that I can see, however we have used it previously and a revisit is always possible.

November 8, 2012 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
toscana4.jpg

PAJERO Rally Raid Car '85 cr. 400,000

MitsubishiLancerEvolutionSuperRallyCar2003.jpg

Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 cr. 300,000

Both of the featured cars included in this update are being considered for a TT event in the near future. Only one will win, but it wouldn't hurt to have both ready to go as the decision as to which one we will use has not been made yet 👍
The two cars are under the 1 million credit mark so they can be traded should the need arise. We are encouraging everyone to pick up both cars so that they have them in their garage for themselves and would be able to assist in trading the cars should other drivers miss this update and don't already have the car.

Delorean S2 '04? Seems like a good classic car

It sure is - plus, if it goes over 88 MPH.....
It isn't scheduled for any upcoming event though so it isn't a recommended buy for WRS purposes.

Current OCD:

Lotus Europa Special '71 Cr.38,470
Lotus Elise '00 Cr.41,060
Lotus Espirt Turbo HC '87 Cr.48,550
Lotus Elise 111S '03 Cr.51,680
Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 Cr.52,470
Lotus Elan S1 '62 Cr.57,710
Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 Cr.65,270
Lotus Carlton '90 Cr.81,490
Lotus Espirt V8 GT '98 Cr.97,430
Lotus Espirt V8 SE '98 Cr.116,870
Lotus Espirt Sport 350 '00 Cr.126,240
Lotus Elise 111R '04 Cr.54,400
Lotus Espirt V8 '02 Cr.116,520
Lamborghini Countach 25th Annaversary '88 Cr.182,000
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 Cr.216,600
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 Cr.35,050
Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-1.6 Evolution II Touring Car '92 Cr.1,500,000
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo Cr.5,000,000

Not sure if any of them are worth it, although I am personally quite fond of the 190E :sly:

We need to use a Lotus again. Fun to drive. The rain event at Suzuka was one of my all time favorites.

All of the standard Lotus are available at this very moment, including two that were previously only premiums.

I missed out on that rain event. I'd really like to race a rain event at some point.

All of the standard Lotus are available at this very moment, including two that were previously only premiums.

I missed out on that rain event. I'd really like to race a rain event at some point.

I guarantee you'll get a chance, but get those pedals fixed because throttle control is a must!

The Carlton is quite unique (funky power band, though). The Élan and Europa are fun old rides. The Esprit 350 is potentially the fastest Esprit, also.

Last edited:
December 21, 2012 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
R89C.jpg

Nissan R89C Race Car '89 cr 1,750,000

The Nissan R89C Race Car will be used in an upcoming WRS/3D3 Online event :D:D:D
The Nissan's of the late 80's early 90's era were always huge favourites for me growing up and I can't wait to get into this car.
It is not scheduled for a WRS TT at this time, but it would be awesome if it shows up in one one day :sly:
I don't recall seeing the car in the UCD very often so now is a great time to pick it up especially seeing as it's half price.

December 21, 2012 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
Nissan R89C Race Car '89 cr 1,750,000
The Nissan R89C Race Car will be used in an upcoming WRS/3D3 Online event :D:D:D

A reminder to buy this car (or make sure you already own it) as I believe the OCD is going to refresh tonight. We haven't created the event thread yet (it should be ready by the end of the week), but this car will be used in a special event (mixed class enduro) this month on the weekend of January 26/27. If you are interested in taking part in the LMP class for the event make sure you have this car in your garage. The GT class car can be purchased from the NCD so no problem there.

More details coming soon...

Happy New Year :cheers:

Anyone who hasn't bought the Nissan yet is in luck.

The OCD didn't update, so you still have at least one week to get it and anything else you'd want from the OCD.

January 14, 2013 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
bentley_speed_8_racing_manu_06.jpg

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 cr 2,875,000

vettec5rain.jpg

Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 cr 1,000,000

Neither of these cars are scheduled for immediate use, but they are definitely cars we will consider for future events. Both are untradeable so get them while you can 👍

The Bentley Speed 8 is also available as a prize car in the 500 PP British Lightweights seasonal event. (Thanks for the tip Sjaak 👍)

The OCD will most likely update on Thursday (Jan. 17) and the cars will no longer be available there. This is not a problem for the Bentley as it is a seasonal prize car, but the Vette is not a prize car so be sure to grab it from the current OCD.

Curious to see what you will do with those :drool:.

Tough to say at this point, but there is an idea or two floating around for a future event... you'll just have to wait and see :sly:

January 14, 2013 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
bentley_speed_8_racing_manu_06.jpg

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 cr 2,875,000

vettec5rain.jpg

Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 cr 1,000,000

Neither of these cars are scheduled for immediate use, but they are definitely cars we will consider for future events. Both are untradeable so get them while you can 👍

The Bentley Speed 8 is also available as a prize car in the 500 PP British Lightweights seasonal event. (Thanks for the tip Sjaak 👍)

The OCD will most likely update on Thursday (Jan. 17) and the cars will no longer be available there. This is not a problem for the Bentley as it is a seasonal prize car, but the Vette is not a prize car so be sure to grab it from the current OCD.

There is a 99% chance we're using these cars for February so if you don't yet have these cars and you want to take part in the special event start working on acquiring them.

If you didn't buy the Speed 8 when it was in the OCD earlier this month start working on the British Lightweights seasonal event. If you want a car specially setup for this event try the Elise 111R '04 and you can find a 500pp tune by krenke which should make it a quick job.

If you didn't buy the C5-R then you'll need a Level 22 ticket. You can cycle the ticket until you get the C5-R and there are only 6 cars of that level so it should be fairly easy. Just backup save, use the ticket, if you don't get car, restore save and repeat... until you get the car you desire. If you need a LVL 22 ticket please request one here, the 3D3Racing garage has one ready to send as do many of the admins.

Don't add any non removable parts to either car until further notice (specifically, do not add Stage III to the C5-R).

Latest Posts

Back