• 93 comments

Hydro

GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
GTP_Hydro
WRSOENew3D3.png

In order to be able to hold WRS events with cars from the standard garage we will be updating this thread with the cars we will most likely use in order to best ensure most, or all drivers have the cars.
The list will often contain cars that are worth over 1,000,000 credits and therefore cannot be traded.

We will update the list everytime the OCD is refreshed and provide links to the current Recommended Buys.

These cars will be primarily used in WRS / 3D3 Online Races and Special Events, but it is possible that they will be used in Offline TT events as well.
The 3D3 Racing accounts will be used to 'loan out' the cars should they be used in TT events, but the cars cannot be loaned for use online so it is in your best interest to buy them when they are available in the OCD.

Should you need credits to buy the cars, the Online Seasonal Events can earn a lot of money very quickly.
Additionally, you can have a look here and add your PSN GTP_ ID to have your B-Spec drivers added to another members' grinding widget.
Start saving... and then start spending 👍

Current Recommended Buys: Updated November 8, 2012

Previously Recommended Cars to Purchase:

Last edited:
June 24 - WRS OCD Featured Cars:
17543660.jpg

Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team Oreca) cr4,000,000

80095488.jpg

Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 cr5,250,000

The Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team Oreca) and the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) will be used for an online event soon.
Consider these cars the 'priority' for this OCD.

The following cars are suggestions.
They may not be used anytime soon, but they would be a great addition to your garage if you don't already have them.

Audi Abt TT-R Touring Car '02 cr1,000,000
Audi A4 Touring Car '04 cr1,000,000
Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 cr1,000,000

If you already have the two featured cars it wouldn't hurt to add these as well:
Audi R8 Race Car '01 cr4,250,000
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 cr5,250,000
They may not be used in an event either, but it could allow for a livery alternative to the Playstation versions that are definitely going to be used.
And they're awesome :D

Last edited:
Note that the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 comes in a bunch of different colors and the Audi R8 Race Car '02 comes in two liveries... I think everyone may have a different color in their own OCD (not sure how that works):

Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Brilliantrot
Daytonagrau Perleffekt
Eissilber Metallic
Ibisweiß
JetBlau Metallic
Lavagrau Perleffekt
Phantomschwarz
Sepanblau Perleffekt
Suzukagrau

Audi R8 Race Car '01
#1 - Silver w/ Red details
#2 - Silver w/ Yellow details

Note that the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 comes in a bunch of different colors and the Audi R8 Race Car '02 comes in two liveries... I think everyone may have a different color in their own OCD (not sure how that works):

Not sure either TBH. I always assumed the OCD had the exact same cars (and colours) for everyone.
I have both Race car versions, but I've only seen the LMS in one colour. I haven't seen it very often though, that seems to be a pretty rare car.

Edit: I forgot to mention that both Featured Audi's are available as prize cars in the A-Spec endurance races.
The Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Regular version - not the Team Playstation car) is won in the Nurburgring 4h Race and the Audi R8 Race Car (Audio Playstation Team Oreca) is won in the 24 Hrs of Le Mans.

I've done the Nurburgring race (In the Ferrari 458- if your going to do it, do it in style :)) but not the 24 hrs of Le Mans. I will probably never do that one :lol:

Last edited:
I know that when the Clio Cup Car was in the OCD people had different colors at the same time so the color maybe specific to the PS3. Maybe some people can check in now and note what color they show for the Audi R8 LMS Race Car in their current OCD and we can find out for sure if different colors are presented to different people.

Hmmmm.. I wonder if it's regional?
Currently my OCD has the Race car with Red details, and the LMS is Phantomschwarz.

I've been racing the R8 in CALM, hmmm may turn up for this one depending on track :).

I know that when the Clio Cup Car was in the OCD people had different colors at the same time so the color maybe specific to the PS3. Maybe some people can check in now and note what color they show for the Audi R8 LMS Race Car in their current OCD and we can find out for sure if different colors are presented to different people.

I have two PS3 with the same accounts installed.
Both PS3 have always different OCD colors.

One with a white R8 LMS/Red Audi R8 race car 01 and one with a Black LMS/Yellow Audi R8 race car.

All accounts on the PS3 have the same OCD so the PS3 makes the difference.

Hmmmm.. I wonder if it's regional?
Currently my OCD has the Race car with Red details, and the LMS is Phantomschwarz.

My current has the race car with Yellow and LMS is red...

What Sjaak posted was my understanding as well and i think that's proof positive. It's cool because if we use the non playstation LMS car that would mean people could potentially all have different colors. 👍 And if the performance matches the Team Playstation Livery then one more option to add.

Thanks for the advanced warning on this. I'll have to buy these cars, even if I have them already.

Edit: I think the OCD updated last Wednesday so there's still about 10 days left to get these cars.

That is unless I'm wrong and the OCD updated the week before. Pretty sure it only updated last Wednesday.

The R8's were the cars we had originally considered for This Event but the cars were not available (in the OCD) at the time so a lot of drivers would have most likely been excluded.

We really don't want that to be an issue when the event gets announced, so pick 'em up now! ;)

I have two PS3 with the same accounts installed.
Both PS3 have always different OCD colors.

One with a white R8 LMS/Red Audi R8 race car 01 and one with a Black LMS/Yellow Audi R8 race car.

All accounts on the PS3 have the same OCD so the PS3 makes the difference.

My current has the race car with Yellow and LMS is red...

What Sjaak posted was my understanding as well and i think that's proof positive. It's cool because if we use the non playstation LMS car that would mean people could potentially all have different colors. 👍 And if the performance matches the Team Playstation Livery then one more option to add.

Nice 👍
Thanks for confirming guys :cheers:
And I agree with Tim 100% - a full field of LMP / LMS cars with different colours would be awesome.
Oddly, both of my LMS R8's have different HP and PP values even though they are both 0/0/0 cars :odd:
Hopefully an oil change will pair them up.

Last edited:
I think the OCD updated last Wednesday so there's still about 10 days left to get these cars.

That is unless I'm wrong and the OCD updated the week before. Pretty sure it only updated last Wednesday.

No, you're right Shawn. It was updated last week, so people have over a week left still to buy the cars.

In my OCD right now:

R8 LMS: Daytonagrau Perleffekt (but I have it in other colours also)
R8 Race Car: Red details

Marc

Oddly, both of my LMS R8's have different HP and PP values even though they are both 0/0/0 cars
Hopefully an oil change will pair them up.

Probably because one is from the OCD and the other was a prize or gotten from a ticket. The ones from the OCD are as if already broken-in.

Well, as it turns out, I already have each of those cars @ 0.0 miles, so I think I'll skip on buying them ASAP.

R8 multi-class madness? Damn this is getting exciting.

Gotta start saving though :(.

If you need $$ fast use the B-spec seasonal #3 and borrow a car from MadMax. You'll get cash at the rate of $3M per hour with minimal input required. First, borrow the car from Pekka and make a few setup changes (top speed, springs, ride height):

MadMax86
Car from my (GTP_MadMax86) shared car list (Chaparral 2J max RH , max springs 208 mph top speed , power limiter) + Online B-spec challenge 3 (650pp Suzuka).

With 200% log in bonus that's $1m + each race. If the McLaren F1 is on pole you'll need to tell the driver to up pace during race. If there is something else you either need to pay no attention to the race or quide the driver only a little.

Tip: Start the race and immediately give the driver two pace up commands. Then leave and come back 10-12 minutes later and give him about 4-5 more jolts... he'll be at least in 3rd by this time. That is enough even for a lazy driver to get first most of the time.

If you need $$ fast use the B-spec seasonal #3 and borrow a car from MadMax. You'll get cash at the rate of $3M per hour with minimal input required. First, borrow the car from Pekka and make a few setup changes (top speed, springs, ride height):

MadMax86
Car from my (GTP_MadMax86) shared car list (Chaparral 2J max RH , max springs 208 mph top speed , power limiter) + Online B-spec challenge 3 (650pp Suzuka).

With 200% log in bonus that's $1m + each race. If the McLaren F1 is on pole you'll need to tell the driver to up pace during race. If there is something else you either need to pay no attention to the race or quide the driver only a little.

Tip: Start the race and immediately give the driver two pace up commands. Then leave and come back 10-12 minutes later and give him about 4-5 more jolts... he'll be at least in 3rd by this time. That is enough even for a lazy driver to get first most of the time.

I'll post the old setup on that car here: (650pp B-spec - spec)

High RPM Turbo

power limiter used to match PP (after 6 races the oild starts to go bad -> readjust limiter)

Transmission
First move final gear to 3.800 , then max speed to 220 km/h (all the way to left)
And then set the gears as follows:

F3.000

LSD 19/17/22

Suspension
10/10
20.0/20.0
4/8
3/2
7/1

2.2/1.7
-0.10/0.15

Brakes 7/4

Racing Hard tyres

Just bought the Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team Oreca) and now need to save for the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09

Just dropped 12 mil. on new Audi's :D
Wish I could say I had that available in RL! Never mind that 12 bucks would be nice right now :lol:

Why oh WHY did I install chassis re-enforcement on everything when the game was new? :dunce:
It's at the point where I assume that any car that was purchased before I started the WRS (last summer) has it installed. Pretty expensive mistakes :(

Buying these (again!). One note - I believe the R8 Oreca can have an aftermarket wing installed, which can actually add yet more rear downforce. It shares this peccadillo with one of the Pescarolos, though I forget which one. It can be removed, I believe.

If you haven't already, buy the R8 '01 - you won't regret it. It is better than the '05.

I tended to overdo the Rigidity Improvements as well - but I always buy/share/gift my way around it, and often do it just to try with both :guilty:

There's also a 2J on my profile, though I'll probably have to fix the tune.

Last edited:
I already have both of them in my garage(but I might buy an other coloured R8 LMS), with very low miles on it... Thanks to a few committed bspec drivers, I rarely have any shortage of credits, for example; all my bspec drivers have at least 5 million still to be collected, some of them have almost ten million....so on 200% that is 20 million from collecting one driver :)

This gives me the chance always to be able to buy what needed, as soon the OCD comes out I buy what I do not have yet at that moment.

Last edited:
This gives me the chance always to be able to buy what needed, as soon the UCD comes out I buy what I do not have yet at that moment.

You can make UCD cycle just by loading through 5 Licenses.
Go to the license center, choose national B for example, load into B-1 and hit 'next test' 4 more times.
Your entire UCD is refreshed now. ;)

Go to the license center, choose national B for example, load into B-1 and hit 'next test' 4 more times.

I know Christophe, made a mistake, shoud have said OCD. :)

How long before we use these cars? I need roughly 3Mill for the 2nd car.

Pretty soon, but no more hints :sly:
Here's the best way to make quick $$$:

If you need $$ fast use the B-spec seasonal #3 and tune the Chapparal 2J according to MadMax. You'll get cash at the rate of $3M per hour with minimal input required.

**I found that if you watch the first 2 laps and keep pushing your driver, he will be in 1st by lap 3. Once in front, he can't / won't lose. The first 2 laps he will stay pretty 'hot' due to other cars, but needs to be reminded to actually pass them. :dunce: If the BMW McLaren F1 isn't in the opponent lineup I imagine it's even easier 👍
I'll post the old setup on that car (Chapparal 2J) here: (650pp B-spec - spec)

High RPM Turbo

power limiter used to match PP (after 6 races the oild starts to go bad -> readjust limiter)

Transmission
First move final gear to 3.800 , then max speed to 220 km/h (all the way to left)
And then set the gears as follows:

F3.000

LSD 19/17/22

Suspension
10/10
20.0/20.0
4/8
3/2
7/1

2.2/1.7
-0.10/0.15

Brakes 7/4

Racing Hard tyres

Last edited:
Pretty soon, but no more hints :sly:
Here's the best way to make quick $$$:

**I found that if you watch the first 2 laps and keep pushing your driver, he will be in 1st by lap 3. Once in front, he can't / won't lose. The first 2 laps he will stay pretty 'hot' due to other cars, but needs to be reminded to actually pass them. :dunce: If the BMW McLaren F1 isn't in the opponent lineup I imagine it's even easier 👍

Yes, I have run that race a couple of times already, I just used a Viper I'd just won though, keep him at full pace until 1st then 1/2 to 3/4 just means keeping an eye on it, I'll give MadMax's car a go next time.

Thanks.

There is actually a faster way to refresh UCD.
Go to an A-spec race , start race , quit = +1 day.
Start race again and quit = +1 more day.
Do this 5 times and the UCD will be refreshed.

Latest Posts

Back