650PP NASCAR Challenge

• Thread starter Argon
  • 188 comments
I ran Monza this morning at 570pp. Earned myself just over 3.4m credits! Using a Jeff Gordon 2011. I did have to cut the chicane, but for a grinding event, this is the best I have done!
Still stuck on London and Autumn Ring though.......................

I'm running 570 PP as well. I win by .5 to 3 seconds depending on the AI's ability to keep me blocked or ram me into a sand pit from behind. It is a blast defending from the AI trying to keep them behind you. 3.4 million adds up quick. On another note: Is is considered cutting on the chicane if a driver catches the inside paved area with more than 2 tires? It would seem that you would have to slow down anyway in order to avoid the sand trap across the road. Even if you begin the cut on the grass before the chicane wouldn't you have to brake to avoid the sand pit?

Is it worth mentioning that all NASCAR engines are pushrod? Not sure that everyone knows that. Sprint Cup cars are fuel injected now, 2011 was the last year for carbs.

For anyone having problems with London, use an Impala, change the oil and do the tranny trick, top right speed at 160 is perfect. It's much faster than the Camry, in my opinion. Run clean laps and have fun. This course is more challenging but a lot more fun than the others.

Won these all first time around with stock settings except for trans and LSD settings. Now I guess I will have a little fun to see how low of a PP I can go at Monza. Had a qiuck go at 600 PP and won by a full lap. I do have a tune on the car now which I will post later if anyone wants it. Going to eat now and I'll be back at it.

EDIT: Correction: The second place car was half a lap behind me when I won. Just watched my replay and I was looking at the wrong car before.

Last edited:
I am having big time problem with Lonod. Please help. Set up, tips, tricks,... Anything...
Thanks

Use a new Impala, change the oil, set tranny to default, move final drive ratio to the right end, move top speed to the left, then go back and set final drive to a top speed of 160. That's it. Drive a clean race, maybe 1:51 or so and you'll win by a bit. Not much but you'll win. If you get to a corner with another car, make sure you're on the inside and use the other car to help you through the corner. You will get through the corner much faster if you use the other one as a wedge. Get your line right, specially through the esses. It's not impossible, just hard. And fun!

BTW, I just ran Monza with 600 PP in an Impala and the payout was 2.4 mill. Wasted because I had 19 to begin with. No tranny changes, no LSD changes, passed the leader just at the end of the first straight. :indiff:

Just finished in 2nd place, 2.378 seconds behind the leader at 560 PP. A few more tries and I should have it. Still don't like the way the car handles with SRF on but I guess I'll just have to adapt if I wanna keep having fun with my NASCAR cars.

May try Fuji next. (tomorrow) Still recupperating from my surgery but getting better each day. My motor skills (coordination) is whats really hurting me right now. Still not up to par as far as that goes but dealing with it the best I can. Anyways, back at it. Peace.

Actually this tune is mostly an old one of Cargo's.

However if you want to make a tad more $$$ you could use;

PP573 473hp (power 55.7%) 1565kg for $3,221,010 exp 391,050.

Good luck.

thanks bro. will sure try it in a sec.
(i just got the penniless trophy for Mark-1V. haha)

Just finished in 2nd place, 2.378 seconds behind the leader at 560 PP. A few more tries and I should have it. Still don't like the way the car handles with SRF on but I guess I'll just have to adapt if I wanna keep having fun with my NASCAR cars.

Just won at Monza with 560PP....460hp....1617kg, aero 50 - 48.

Best lap 1:46.262, total time 12:339, won by 5.2secs.

Win $3,633,960.

If you are going under the 1st overpass on the last straight within the 1:17 to 1:18 range you are on target, however if you go into the sand anywhere start again.

Whoops, I went into settings to try a lower PP etc and I found I was actually on 558PP at 454hp.

That's a nice little present. Incidentally, power is at 52.2% and I have 52kg ballast for the 1617kg weight.

Oh, I'm now using the Ford Fusion and (mostly) one of Stotty's 'Spa' tunes which was already on it.

A bit more info; Lap 1 pos' 8 (1:50s)................... lap 2 pos' 6 (1:46.9s).............. lap 3 pos' 4 (1:47+s)

lap 4 pos' 3 (1:48+s)......lap 5 pos' 2 (1:46+s)......lap 6 pos' 1 (1:46+s)........lap 7 pos' 1 (1:46.262s) BL.

Last edited:
Just won at Monza with 560PP....460hp....1617kg, aero 50 - 48.

Best lap 1:46.262, total time 12:339, won by 5.2secs.

Win $3,633,960.

If you are going under the 1st overpass on the last straight within the 1:17 to 1:18 range you are on target, however if you go into the sand anywhere start again.

Whoops, I went into settings to try a lower PP etc and I found I was actually on 558PP at 454hp.

That's a nice little present. Incidentally, power is at 52.2% and I have 52kg ballast for the 1617kg weight.

Oh, I'm now using the Ford Fusion and (mostly) one of Stotty's 'Spa' tunes which was already on it.

A bit more info; Lap 1 pos' 8 (1:50s)................... lap 2 pos' 6 (1:46.9s).............. lap 3 pos' 4 (1:47+s)

lap 4 pos' 3 (1:48+s)......lap 5 pos' 2 (1:46+s)......lap 6 pos' 1 (1:46+s)........lap 7 pos' 1 (1:46.262s) BL.

Thanks for the info my friend and congrats on the run. I gave it up for tonight. My back just can't take anymore for now but will be back at it again tomorrow if I'm feeling better. Peace.

Thanks for the info my friend and congrats on the run. I gave it up for tonight. My back just can't take anymore for now but will be back at it again tomorrow if I'm feeling better. Peace.

No worries Cargo, good to see you getting into it a bit again.

Did my own back a couple of weeks ago digging out a stump with a crow bar and shovel, wasn't much fun racing for a week or so.

Have had some more success at Monza.

PP551.......433hp.......51.0% power.......1617kg.

$3,826,670.......xp 465,650. Total time 12:41.5.......Best lap 1:47.505......slowest (1st) 1:50+)

PP and hp appear to decrease during the race as I was sure when I started PP was 555 and hp was 444, easy to remember.

Try dropping the top end speed, what I did find out was through the continuous turns 2 and 3 instead of braking and changing down to second gear just stay in 3rd gear and lift off instead of braking, this lets you carry the speed through to turn 4.👍

thnks,i set final speed to max value and then top speed was 240kmh and I won in last corner, but I won :sly:

Still recupperating from my surgery but getting better each day. My motor skills (coordination) is whats really hurting me right now. Still not up to par as far as that goes but dealing with it the best I can.

All the best, Cargo. Get well soon & recuperate quickly. We all value your skills overhere @ GTP. 👍

Once you're back - have a cold one: on me! :cheers:

Peace!

I used a modified CargoRat Spa Tune to win the two short tracks. It is as follows:

AERO 50/70
LSD 20/7/7
RH -12/+10
SR 11.5/10.5
EXT 3/4
COMP 2/2
AR 1/7
BRAKES 4/8

I kept the camber at stock settings and set the transmision to 168mph.

The longer tracks I just used all stock settings and won with ease. My efforts garnered me a Chapperal 2D Race Car 67'. I hope these settings make the short tracks easier.

Thanks, finish London in 1st

All the best, Cargo. Get well soon & recuperate quickly. We all value your skills overhere @ GTP. 👍

Once you're back - have a cold one: on me! :cheers:

Peace!

Thanks my friend, appreciate the well wishes.

Here is the tune I came up with for these events. It may look quite odd, but it works well for me with the forced SRF. Hope it helps those who may be struggling with these races.

Aero - Minimum
LSD - 7/7/9
RH - -25/0
SR - 15.8/14.3
EXT - 10/8
COMP - 9/7
ARB - 3/6
CAMBER - 2.2/1.5
TOE - +0.10/-0.10
BRAKES - 4/6
TRANS
1ST - 3.052
2ND - 2.358
3RD - 1.904
4TH - 1.571
TS - 2.190
FG - 149
Top Speed at top should read 222mph which can be adjusted for each track.

I think I may have used someone elses tune as a base for this so if it looks familiar to someone, thats why. I probably won't put much more time in these races because of the forced SRF. I love running my NASCAR cars but the SRF just makes me sick.

These were all fun races. I enjoyed Monza especially. Killed the aero and added some ballast and had a great time. I usually don't enjoy driving NASCAR cars except on ovals, but this was good fun. London was the only one I had to add the aero back. Not a lot of room to pass on that track.

These were all fun races. I enjoyed Monza especially. Killed the aero and added some ballast and had a great time. I usually don't enjoy driving NASCAR cars except on ovals, but this was good fun. London was the only one I had to add the aero back. Not a lot of room to pass on that track.

I couldn't agree more, I usually do not care much for NASCAR in GT5. Especially Monza, one of my favorites 👍

Even though I haven't finished the seasonal yet, I love racing on Monza the most. The scenery is just beautiful and the track is so much fun to race on. :)

I am stuck with London. So far managed just 3rd. I am afraid that London is becoming another Nurburgring from Lambo seasonals.

I was struggling with London, too, until I upped the downforce on both the front and back of the car to full. It should put you up to 648PP (Any NASCAR vehicle), then lower the gear ratios' as you won't even get near to reaching over 240MPH.

London is the only track where you'll win by a small margain but the other three tracks should be a breeze. You could even lower the PP a little if you're wanting more money/experience. 👍

I was struggling with London, too, until I upped the downforce on both the front and back of the car to full. It should put you up to 648PP (Any NASCAR vehicle), then lower the gear ratios' as you won't even get near to reaching over 240MPH.

London is the only track where you'll win by a small margain but the other three tracks should be a breeze. You could even lower the PP a little if you're wanting more money/experience. 👍

Thanks for advice. I have won other 3 race in almost first atemp, and now London is giving me feally hard time

For experienced racers: try London at 620-625 pp.

It's a decent challenge. You'll have to stay under 51 seconds a lap and you'll make it.

Last edited:
Please tell me you meant 620-625 PP? I was only managing 52-53's with roughly 640 PP. :crazy:

Forgive me! Yes, 615-625 pp.

This might be a good seasonal to learn MANUAL transmission, if you haven't learned it already.

Last edited:
Thanks for advice. I have won other 3 race in almost first atemp, and now London is giving me feally hard time

Try my trans settings I posted earlier. You may have to adjust final gear for London.

Got 2nd on london now, the 1st seems to be in reach, might have to get some more downforce though, was stupid enough to change oil, so after each race, I have to decrease the BHP by 1 :S
Edit: Won by an overtake in the last corner, used oinks setup.

Last edited:
Back