Motor City Tunes

Yeah, was dreading you guys were going to say increase rear brake, I'll just have to redo the Decel LSD. Thanks and I'll be looking out for that thread once you get it going. What color paint do you want Hami?

Good call on the LSD Decel. You're learning. If the brake balance solves the red tire issue, but causes a loose on entry condition, then yes, good call on increasing Decel LSD.

Haven't you sent me a bunch of paint before? If you have extra Honda Lime Green Metallic that you won't use, I surely will. I am going to repaint my real world Spec Miata this month/next month and guess what color... Honda Lime Green Metallic.:)

Haven't you sent me a bunch of paint before? If you have extra Honda Lime Green Metallic that you won't use, I surely will. I am going to repaint my real world Spec Miata this month/next month and guess what color... Honda Lime Green Metallic.:)

Well maybe a few...small price to pay for the great advice given, in fact I think I have sent lime green paint to you before!lol There's also a spot dedicated for you in my nascar race raffle I'm looking to start, no racing needed if you're interested.

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03

Did I mention how much I hate the Toyota Tundra? Flimsy trucks for suburban guys to drive around and pretend that they are real men. It is all part of Toyota's strategy to wrap themselves in the American flag. Ford knows how to make trucks. My F150 will crush your whimpy Toyota (see pics below).

Hah! Love it. You go ham Hami!

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II Touring Car '92
395hp, 1000kg, 480PP
DS3, FPS Freek stick extenders, ABS 1, SRF forced on in this seasonal, all other aids off.

8483713075_3295e36c6a.jpg

This car was built for the 590PP German Touring Car Seasonal. These races are far too easy, even at 500PP. I built the tune, so decided to post it. Use this to earn yourself some serious credits.

GT Auto Services
200 mile break in
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable
Racing Hard Tires

2.10 Seasonal Tune
RH -10/-5
Springs 17.5/14.0
Dampers ext 8/5
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 5/5
Camber 3.3/2.0
Toe -0.17/0.03
LSD 12/12/5
Brake balance 5/7
Ballast 20
Balast Position 25
Weight Distribution 54/46
Power Level 100.0%

Final Gear to 4.000
Top Speed to 124
1st gear 4.750
2nd gear 3.400
3rd gear 2.665
4th gear 2.210
5th gear 1.900
6th gear 1.670
Top Speed 200km/124mph
Final gear 2.70
Top Speed Window 176mph

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment, wheelman. Stop by if you ever need more help.

In my list, there's only 2 tuner in here that i ONLY follow, you and praiano63 but you're definitely to go to guy because you're the only person that have racing experiences in your belt so you know some setups that we don't know about. Just ignore about what other people say about you, you're doing the right way, Keith. 👍
:cheers:, Raymond.

If people would like to discuss my method vs. theirs or ask for a deeper understanding of the testing that I have done, I am always open for a healthy discussion. I will not put up with being told that I am approaching tuning the wrong way. This is my method and it works very well for me. I can respect that other tuners have different methods and beliefs that work well for them. I am simply asking for that same level of respect in return. If it works for you in the game, then by all means, do it. This is what works for me. If this helps some others to learn tuning, it was worth writing. If it sparks argument and debate within the tuning community, I'll just close up shop and keep my opinions to myself from here forward.

I do reserve the right to make adjustments to the tuning guide as I learn more. One truth to racing, the more you do it, the more you learn.

Well, I definitely have to say, To each it's own. During my time in GT5, I've already tried many tunes provided in the tuning thread, don't like the way the car handle especially when they included some complicated "mumbo jumbo" explanation, but then i stumbled across your tunes, Keith. Definitely your tunes suits mine, to simplify it, your tunes really feels neutral, have more adjustabilty so that other people, myself included can change to suit to their own taste. All i can to you, Keith... Keep up the good job, you're definitely on the right step. 👍
:cheers: Raymond.

P/S
Sorry for the double post, but i had to say it after reading your heartbreaking comment, Keith.

Last edited:
Thanks wheelman. It is good to see tht people find the garage useful.

Adrenaline has a really great idea. He wants to get the tuning guides from the active garages and have them linked in the stickies. Scaff's GT4 guide is the easiest guide to find.

it's a tacoma not a tundra. :D

tacos are cool little trucks, very capable offroad IRL and the fastest trucks in the game PP for PP.

as far as the tundra, i'd stick to the big 3 for a full size working truck.

it's a tacoma not a tundra. :D

tacos are cool little trucks, very capable offroad IRL and the fastest trucks in the game PP for PP.

as far as the tundra, i'd stick to the big 3 for a full size working truck.

I stand corrected. It still has a Toyota logo on it so I will still dislike it just the same.

Forgot to mention, with real life racing experiences... I hastefully post my comment after reading Hami's heartbreaking comment...

My game play may slow down a bit in the next few months. Need to repair some body work and repaint the Miata after crashing from the lead in the rain at Mid-Ohio in October. Also want to look over the engine. May be time for a rebuild.

Ferrari F10
612hp, 560kg, 870PP
Oil change but not broken in.
Tuned with DS3.

7512701440_84dae1a031.jpg

This tune was built for the July 2012 Expert A-Spec Seasonal and specifically for the Indy Road Course. I didn't take the time yet to try cranking the PP level lower and lower. This tune was about achieving corner speed without killing the DS3 users. If a DS3 user still finds this car too twitchy, turn down your steering sensativity.

If you like this tune, feel free to post your feedback. Let me know how low you were able to crank the PP level and still get the win. I took the lead on the beginning of lap 7. You?

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Hard Tires

Online Monaco Tune
RH na/na
Springs 17.0/16.7
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 6/5
ARB 6/6
Camber 3.0/2.0
Toe -0.12/0.29
LSD 21/14/26
Brake 4/3
Downforce 150/195
Balast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 45/55
Power Limiter 86.1%

Set Final Gear to 6.500
Set Top Speed to 186 mph
1st gear 4.185
2nd gear 3.040
3rd gear 2.305
4th gear 1.855
5th gear 1.555
6th gear 1.345
7th gear 1.190
Final gear 5.400
Top Speed 300km/186mph
Top Speed read out 221mph

1:12.984 also passed 1st at the beginning of lap 7 (nearly had him on the S/F straight).

Before this tune, I hated F1 cars in the game, now... THANK YOU! You've unlocked a portion of the game I had written off for nearly 2 years!

So I won indy bby 16.2XX seconds, I did have max downforce and 621bhp (oil change, your tune, was at 871PP? idk). Now going to go conquer everything F1 in this game - thank you so much dude!

Hey, first off I'd like to say I really appreciate your tuning guide; it is very well written and has been of great help to me in starting out tuning.

But the reason I came in here to post was to ask what, if anything, can be done to a car when you've got the LCD Accel set to 5 and you're still getting a red outside tire?

@conza - thanks. Haven't driven that in a while. Sounds like fun again so may drive again this weekend.

Hey, first off I'd like to say I really appreciate your tuning guide; it is very well written and has been of great help to me in starting out tuning.

But the reason I came in here to post was to ask what, if anything, can be done to a car when you've got the LCD Accel set to 5 and you're still getting a red outside tire?

Never seen this in GT5. Post some more detail and I will try to duplicate. What car, post the full tune, what track were you using, what corner did this happen in, which tire, etc.

Right, yeah, as soon as I posted I thought I probably should've given some more info.

Well I had it happen to two cars I was trying to fine-tune, the first was the Seven Fireblade, and I used praiano's tune for that one with S3 tires and no ballast, and the second one was the '49 Beetle, where I was using the tune from Aardvark Garage with S1s, no chassis restore or rigidity and full upgrades otherwise, I was running the tests on Grand Valley East both times, and the turn where the outside rear tire going red was most pronounced was probably the penultimate right, after the downhill section beyond the tunnel, but it was giving me trouble in a few of the turns.

I know I deviated from the Beetle tune a lot by giving it full power, ignoring the chassis and running tires much harder than recommended, but I'm not sure what I could do to the suspension to help the LSD, y'know? And the Firdblade I kept a lot closer to spec and still had trouble with, so I'm at a total loss.

the Seven Fireblade, and I used praiano's

and the second one was the '49 Beetle, where I was using the tune from Aardvark Garage

Praiano's tune has 5/15/15 for LSD settings. Are you saying you lowered LSD Accel from 15 to 5 and are still getting an outside red rear tire?

And MrGrado's tune has 28/32/22 as LSD settings. Did you lower LSD Accel to 5 and are still getting outside rear wheel spin?

Confused.

I find that some cars are naturally prone to outside wheelspin. Furthermore, adding power to a car increases that tendency and can make it impossible to eliminate outside wheelspin with Accel set to 5. Cars like the RUF 911's and Shelby GT350 will give this result with added power.

In this case you could try a more locked Diff. all around to simply keep the car stable and reduce wheelspin. Though suspension wise I've found that anti-roll bars do have some effect on LSD performance, but probably not enough to fix the problem.

Praiano's tune has 5/15/15 for LSD settings. Are you saying you lowered LSD Accel from 15 to 5 and are still getting an outside red rear tire?

And MrGrado's tune has 28/32/22 as LSD settings. Did you lower LSD Accel to 5 and are still getting outside rear wheel spin?

Confused.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, yes, I tried the tunes as written and noticed wheelspin so tried adjusting the LSD to fix it and ran into 5 Accel outside wheelspin.

Formula Gran Turismo
936hp, 550kg, 902PP
DS3, FPS Freek stick extenders, ABS 1, TCS 1, all other aids off.

This car was built for the A-Spec Formula Gran Turismo Championship.

GT Auto Services
200 mile break in
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

2.11 Tune
RH 3/-2
Springs 17.0/16.8
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 6/5
ARB 6/5
Camber 3.0/2.2
Toe 0.05/0.27
LSD 12/7/37
Brake balance 7/3
Downforce 60/90
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 47/53
Power Level 100.0%

Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 149
1st gear 6.000
2nd gear 4.200
3rd gear 3.260
4th gear 2.650
5th gear 2.235
6th gear 1.940
7th gear 1.725
Final gear 3.150
Top Speed 240km/149mph
Top Speed Window 252mph

Last edited:
New to this forum and new to online racing. So far its a kick in the pants
thank you for posting this info alot of people are all cryptic about their setups. Looking forward to trying them out

Good morning, Hami. I have a tuning question for you today. I am playing around with a car, trying to get it to turn better and the problem that I'm having is that during acceleration while cornering, the car is pushing to the outside, making it hard to maintain my line.

I've attempted to adjust the LSD settings, using your guide, and I'm not sure if I've done that incorrectly, or if there is something else that is causing the car to go wide when I get back on the gas.

What are the parts of the car related to this? Can it be something aside from the LSD, or do I just need to experiment until I find the proper settings for that?

Good morning, Hami. I have a tuning question for you today. I am playing around with a car, trying to get it to turn better and the problem that I'm having is that during acceleration while cornering, the car is pushing to the outside, making it hard to maintain my line.

I've attempted to adjust the LSD settings, using your guide, and I'm not sure if I've done that incorrectly, or if there is something else that is causing the car to go wide when I get back on the gas.

What are the parts of the car related to this? Can it be something aside from the LSD, or do I just need to experiment until I find the proper settings for that?

Need to know a little bit more about the car and your tune. What car and what are you current LSD settings?

Need to know a little bit more about the car and your tune. What car and what are you current LSD settings?

Actually, I do believe that I figured out what I was doing wrong.

I'm playing around with a 2J at the moment.

I think the issue that I was having was that I was trying so hard to avoid understeer, that I had the Initial set way to low and the LSD wasn't actually kicking in. The car was pushing outside, so I'd let off the gas, which didn't allow for it to trigger, so I was struggling with the turns.

At the moment, I have both the Accel and Decel down to 5, and I'm trying to figure out where to put the Initial. I'm not having the inside/outside wheel spin issue, so I can't go by that for a guideline.

I really loath understeer, so I'm trying to get it to turn as tightly as possible without, obviously, spinning. ;)

This makes me realize that I did something wrong recently with another car that I need to check out and fix, as I posted settings for one of the Seasonals with incorrect information on it. Oops. Gotta go fix that now.

Audi RS 4 '01
506hp, 1400kg, 525PP
DS3, FPS Freek stick extenders, ABS 1

8567995824_a1bf4c47dc_z.jpg

This car was built for the FITT Wagon/SUV Tuner Challenge at Deep Forest Raceway. These 4wd wagons are really difficult to remove all of the understeer. I went extremely aggressive with this tune. It drives very nice with my DS3, but with a wheel, it is a handful. Ride height proved to be very important at Deep Forest. Lower ride heights will struggle to keep up with the many hills and bumps on this circuit. Toe angle was also very useful to encourage rotation. I used quite a bit of it.

GT Auto Services
369 mile break in
Engine Rebuild/Oil Change
Chassis Maintenance
Deepblue Perleffekt paint
Ray Volk Racing Rims

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Intake Manifold