◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
Here are the official results from our league night on April 7, 2013

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an OLR Rules violation, please file a complaint by 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific on Monday night. You must follow the complaint process precisely or your complaint will not be addressed!! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file a complaint, please read this. Also keep in mind that a race complaint isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 76 points (82.84 for Prize B)
  2. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. WiiFreak ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. RickyBobbyV8 ------ did not submit a vote
  • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • dangerzone641 ----- DNR
  • kendawg198 -------- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3 84 points (86.52 for Prize A)
  2. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • GCarneiroBR ------- DNR
  • Apmaddock --------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
Division 3
  1. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 70 points (77.59 for prize purposes only)
  2. The2ArmedMen ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. rallywgn81 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GTP_SGPracing ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. HusamOne ---------- did not submit a vote
  11. Wolfsatz ---------- did not submit a vote
  12. AJHG1000 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  14. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • DBUCKEYES --------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
  • nom876 ------------ DNR
  • DudeTuna ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 87 points (81.24 for Prize C)
  2. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. VAG_star ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. JESter82178 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. albtifosi --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. aznboi2000 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. iroquois-- -------- did not submit a vote
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • tommy2dollaz ------ DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • Robroychi530 ------ DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • weaver-2009_ ------ DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
Division 5
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 82 points (80.47 for prize purposes only)
  2. socalracer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. o10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JJLopez427 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • DigiImprov -------- DNR
  • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • nateral00 --------- DNR
  • patmanattack ------ DNR
  • DADYGERAR --------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • Lil_kobe2 --------- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - NASCAR @Superspeedway - Daytona

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since dgafaboutany1420 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 1 - Scion FR-S '12 @Eiger Nordwand Short Track

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since OwensRacing gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to Sandblazter so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and the results are made official. It's important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines
Selected cars must be available in the 'Dealerships', in the 'Online Dealership' (OCD), or in the Racing Car Pack. As discussed here, there will no longer be a restriction on when OCD cars can be selected. They are are now available for selection every week. However, OCD cars $1M and above are not available for selection during the second week of the OCD batch's availability (click here to check).
The maximum price for a selected car is $5M. However, if you select a car from the OCD during it's second week of availability, it must cost less than $1M.
DLC cars that are FREE and currently available in the PlayStation Store are also available for selection.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete (don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife)
Any track that's in the Course Pack or the Twin Ring Motegi Pack are also available for selection.

Last edited:
I've got them here Jester:

sandblazter-87
moper-84
jester-80
vag-80
GTP_pyxen-73
albtifosi-63
aznboi-62
iroqouis-33
exosphere-20

I'm working on uploading the replays, and data now. Kcheeb, you should have the D4 stuff before the end of day.

Zero, shouldnt I have taken 5th in D4, and not Al, per London's results?

Meaning I thought position docking was done also. Not just points, which seems stupid to me.

Lets consider this situation, if Driver A was in 1st place in the championship (210pts) and Driver B(209pts) was in 2nd place in the championship. In the final race of the championship Driver B was behind Driver A in the race and they got into an incident, which caused Driver B to not win the race, then Driver A could be docked lets say 1 point and there by would be declared the winner, but that seems completely unfair.

Current Pts would result with Driver A 225 (210+16-1) Driver B 224 (209+15)

Where as I believe it should be Driver A 224 (210+15-1) Driver B 225 (209+16)

Are you talking about the tie-breaker based on wins/podiums? If so, I think you may have a point. I believe the penalty points are applied to the night, not to a particular round (someone correct me if this is wrong), meaning that one could theoretically win a prize based on a tie-breaker they wouldn't have won if the penalty against them was applied to the race in which it occurred. I doubt that's ever happened, though.

Penalties that affect the outcome of the race rarely net only 1 or 2 points. I would be surprised if what your proposing was very likely. There's a lot of data in the spreadsheet though, so if you can find an example, it would make for an interesting discussion :)

The numbers I see in the spreadsheet are :

1. Sandblazter 87
2. moperlover 84
3. VAG_star 79.1
4. JESter82178 79
5. albtifosi 75
6. GTP_pyxen 73
7. aznboi2000 62
8. iroquois-- 33
9. ExoSphere64 20

That's from the 2013.04 tab and the 2013.04.07 D4 tab.

Last edited:

Hmm, not sure what happened there. But the directors' doc has him with 75 points and you with 73. You'll see what I mean when the S.N.A.I.L. Results document is updated, but here's a poor man's breakdown in the meantime:

albtifosi: 5th (12pts), 3rd (14 pts), 2nd (15 pts), 5th (12 pts), 5th (12 pts), 7th (10 pts) = 75 points total

GTP_pyxen: 6th (11 pts), 1st (16 pts), 7th (10 pts), 6th (11 pts), 4th (13 pts), 5th (12pts) = 73 points total

EDIT: ninja'd by the spreadsheet master himself (and he's already updated said S.N.A.I.L. Results spreadsheet too!)

Hey S.N.A.I.L's,

I'm away for a little over a week and am not sure how much access I'll have to the forums and spreadsheets. I won't be sending out reminder notices this Sunday and likely won't be able to get the Directors doc pre-populated.

I'm sure you'll get it all done without issue, have fun this Sunday and good luck to all!

Forgot to say thanks for the racing D3, fun night 👍 See you in a couple!

OwensRacing
So watching the show "R U Faster then a redneck" got me thinking. We should put together our own little version of this show. ;)

Anyone got some ideas to implement this show into GT5. Some one on one Import vs Domestic challenges?

My thoughts. Get a few rednecks and few imports and duke it out. Say 5 on each team. Each car races the others. No holds barred run what you brung. Maybe limit to Sport Soft tires.

I've got an Iroc Z I'm bringing out for the redneck team. ;)

I'm so down for that!! I'll be a redneck!!!!

As for my pick on prize B, the car will stay. I'll do some testing tomorrow and post what track we take the Scion FR-S too.

I figured I'd let everyone know that there will not be a new car to break in relative to prize B. As well Eiger is gone!

I'm so down for that!! I'll be a redneck!!!!

I'll put some thought into it and we can do spot style event that lasts a few weeks to determine the winners. It will be a team style completion. Basically Imports vs Domestics. Open tuning for sure.

Possible incorporate the weekly winners. Put them in a preselected Domestic/Muscle cars. Then have open comp vs them. We will most likely use Motegi Road's really short track.

Last edited:
OwensRacing
As for my pick on prize B, the car will stay. I'll do some testing tomorrow and post what track we take the Scion FR-S too.

I figured I'd let everyone know that there will not be a new car to break in relative to prize B. As well Eiger is gone!

I'll put some thought into it and we can do spot style event that lasts a few weeks to determine the winners. It will be a team style completion. Basically Imports vs Domestics. Open tuning for sure.

Possible incorporate the weekly winners. Put them in a preselected Domestic/Muscle cars. Then have open comp vs them. We will most likely use Motegi Road's really short track.

I love the idea

As well Eiger is gone!

Thank you. While I'm not fond of the underpowered "Scisubota", I'm less fond of Eiger as a race amongst gentleman, regardless of car used. Track is tight and narrow, with probably 2 places to set up clean passes, and is fun for banging and beating up AI cars, but requires a lot of patience to run clean with organic intellects. Glad to see it go.

Maybe an Autumn Ring variation for th FR-S? Not that I'm trying to sway you at all... :sly: ;)

Pyxen, the results I gave where from everything I had written down on paper. After I watched the replays to put everything in google docs I realized that in race 5 two people lost connection to the room immediately after crossing the finish line so it changed the finishing positions on screen...Basically, albtifosi didn't have all the points he should have until I noticed that. Sorry, hope that makes sense.

Speaking of Magic Lap Racing, it's worth mentioning that it was a Friday night event.. And unfortunately a Friday night event is something that we don't have right now since nobody really stepped up to save STaTS. :(

Does anybody have a good idea for a new Friday night event? More importantly, is anyone willing to direct and host it? Or do any of you current event directors want to move your event to Friday night instead of your current night?

It really stinks that STATS is gone, as for ideas for a Friday night race, how about we do multi class racing? We always bring it up but never seem to do anything with it. If not maybe we could combine it with the oval racing? If they were willing to move it to Friday

Pick a real damn track!!! :yuck:

LOL. Why you gotta hate on these "artistic" tracks man? ;)

I just prefer tracks with more width to them and run off areas that don't make me feel like a pinball when I make a mistake. I'd much rather look for seashells or mow some grass than bounce off walls and cliffs.

Owens will pick something good and suitable for the car, I'm sure.

LOL. Why you gotta hate on these "artistic" tracks man? ;)

I just prefer tracks with more width to them and run off areas that don't make me feel like a pinball when I make a mistake. I'd much rather look for seashells or mow some grass than bounce off walls and cliffs.

Owens will pick something good and suitable for the car, I'm sure.

Out of all the imagination-land tracks, I hate autumn ring the least.

Tsukuba or Motegi would be a great match for the FR-S. Same with autumn ring. especially in reverse. Monaco would be fun with it too, but people seem t hate tracks like that.

Tsukuba or Motegi would be a great match for the FR-S. Same with autumn ring. especially in reverse. Monaco would be fun with it too, but people seem t hate tracks like that.

I was actually sitting at my desk today thinking about the fact that I have not run Monaco yet while being a member of SNAIL.

3QE32SGl.jpg

FF challenge

Eiger Nordwand 1600cc class FF rally
Event type:Spot race. No points awarded.You can run a different car each race if you want (car listed below).
Date: tbd (interest check)​
Settings
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Allowed. PP limit:420
Tracks:
Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail
Eiger Nordwand Track K Trail
Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail
Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail / Reverse
Eiger Nordwand Short (tarmac SH tires)

Laps: tbd
Cars:
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) ’97
MINI COOPER S ’05
MINI COOPER S ’07
MINI COOPER S ’11
MINI COOPER S ’11 Countryman
Peugeot 207 GTi ’07
Suzuki SWIFT Sport ’05
Suzuki SWIFT Sport ’07
I still need to work on some details...

I can help you work on a few things if you'd like nick. I only have a couple of weeks before I'm back on the associate snail list though so my participation will probably be limited.

Back