PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup Season 5 | Rich wins in Spain!

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 389 comments
Nice to see Niop and RPH trying Pure đź‘Ť. Welcome guys :D.

Niop raced in GT4 before.

But yeah, nice to see them. :)

Also, The game only calculates fuel as if it is set to "Normal," regardless of whether you have it on fast or very fast.

Yeah I'm sure it either tells you too little or none at all, which is the glitch I am talking about. Or it's lazy programming, they just added those without caring for the fuel number change etc :P.

I think they were just lazy, looking back at the replay around 105 would have probably got you to the end. Had some good fun in the first stint though, 6 car pack fighting for the lead. After the first pit we all spread out so it was just about hot-lapping to the end after that :)

I calculated my mileage before the race. Everything told me 95~100 liters and that took into account doing 23 + 1, when we actually did 22 + 1. I should've been well in the clear, and yet, I ran out just as I entered pit road.

Guess it's back to doing full race runs to figure out exactly how much gas I'll use. đź‘Ž

Nice to see Niop and RPH trying Pure đź‘Ť. Welcome guys :D.
As Mule stated, I did do some GT4. Nevertheless, happy to be here. đź‘Ť

Kind of a rough race for me. Had a few offs, under-fueled on my first stop leading to an early second stop. But you live you learn, ready for next week.

Tough break on the fuel outlaw, and congrats to Spurgy on the win.

A curiosity...
picture.php

And the race winner!!!
picture.php

Congratulations Spurgy!!

Last edited:
Ant they don't work :lol:.

Unless their meant to be 1x1 pixels :dopey:.

I think it may be because you don't upload them to photobucket etc.

How do you upload them here?

Edit: Ah I see now my bad, yes very good with the 7s and another pic for Spurgy to contemplate using for his avatar :P.

Last edited:
Decent race for me but my car is slow compared to you guys on the straights , might have to take a trip to route x .

Results / Standing are up to date.

Just for your information, the level is really high this season. Here and here are the datas from past season (the car was 526pp - normal tire wear). Don't pay attention to the lap times from D1 results, it was raining the whole race.

Well I parked it when I realised that I have 70l left with only 2 laps to go :)

But the cause is not from PD obviously... Saturdays became very hectic for me (I'm really looking forward to some championship on sunday) and I was forcing my self to race just because "This is Spa***!" :)
Managed only few laps before race and then lost time trying to connect to loby - so I hade to calculate everything during race. And I had some racing issues on lap 4 - after that my heart wasn't really in it.

At last chicane I ran into Ren's back after his rear started stepping-out and slowing him down, but I was so close to him that I didn't want him to think that I was "willing participant" in all that - so I waited a bit, after that my mind drifted away:D

I'm not sure I'll have time to practice Madrid as much as it would be appropriate - and it's not the type of track for me, especially in that circumstance.

I think it may be because you don't upload them to photobucket etc.

How do you upload them here?

Edit: Ah I see now my bad, yes very good with the 7s and another pic for Spurgy to contemplate using for his avatar :P.

What are you on about? :lol:

I was the only one in top 7 with a 32 fast lap everyone else in the 31s , you guys got some nos bottles or something .

Results / Standing are up to date.

Just for your information, the level is really high this season. Here and here are the datas from past season (the car was 526pp - normal tire wear). Don't pay attention to the lap times from D1 results, it was raining the whole race.

Wow, I see... very fast group this season. It's not that I'm slow (no comments for the peanut gallery please). Everyone else is just very fast.

In Ants post he put some pictures but his album is private... Hold on I'll save and upload them to show what his post should look like.

A curiosity...
user210933_pic59167_1368926885_zpsbac5ff17.jpg

And the race winner!!!
user210933_pic59166_1368926071_zps57d24f79.jpg

Congratulations Spurgy!!

That's what it should look like :P.

In Ants post he put some pictures but his album is private... Hold on I'll save and upload them to show what his post should look like.

That's what it should look like :P.

7's everywhere :lol: And yeh, I liked that picture too, there's quite a few good ones to choose from :P

header700.png

interviews.png

Benjamin Spurge

Hi Ben. So how do you feel after this victory?

Very pleased, after only buying the car on Friday, I was over half a second off front running pace, qualifying 7th on the grid. This meant going into the race I was just hoping to hold onto the front pack and maybe scrape a podium. However, in the short practice before the race, as well as during the race, I managed to get a lot more pace out of the car, which meant I could get up into 2nd place by the third stint. But even then I thought a win was out of reach because Outlaw was 8 seconds up the road with only 7 laps to go, but coming onto the last lap I saw Outlaw in the pits, and with a comfortable lead over 3rd, all I had to do was bring the car home.​

What brought you to PURE and what keeps you coming back?

I was a bit reluctant to join PURE, because from what I heard, it was a very serious league and that I would have to put in a lot of practice time each week to be competitive. But I thought I'd just sign up to a few races anyway to see what it was like, and I had a lot of fun. The racing was very close and clean, and I didn't get the sense that anyone took the races too seriously, which meant I could just enjoy the racing each week without stressing too much over lots of practice. But don't get me wrong, the guys here really do give you a run for your money every race, which is a great combination to have in a series; not too serious but really hard competition. :)

There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

To be honest, I've never really had a look around at what else is on the forum, the only thing that interests me is racing. :)

Do you remember your first post on gtplanet? Could you find it? And how did you come up with the name "Spurgy 777"?

My first post was on the FGTC thread here, and my username isn't anything amazing, my last name is Spurge, and I was born on the 7th of July, so 7 is my favourite number.​

Do you play other racing game like i-Racing or GT-R?

Nope, I have F1 2010 and 2011, but never play on them because I think the physics are horrible. Thought about i-Racing but can't get a good enough computer to run it.​

Due to your age, I assume you don't have your driving license yet. Is GTAcademy in your objectives this year anyway?

I do have a drivers license, you can get them when you're 17 in the UK. And I'm hoping to get through to the finals this year in GT Academy now that I will be old enough come July.​

We know you race in Formula Jedi in real life. What is this discipline exactly? Any particular rule? What are the car specs?

Formula Jedi's are 140mph cars with slicks and wings, and are currently the fastest UK series, including BARC Renaults which cost 4-5 times as much; Jedi's only costs ÂŁ25,000 for a season and have 185bhp and only weigh 400kg with the driver. There are 7 rounds each at a different track, and each round we have a qualifying and a race on both Saturday and Sunday. Here's link to the website for more information.​

What's your driving setup for GT5?

Here's my setup, nothing to high tech :lol:

dscn0098g.jpg

I've got a DFGT at the moment, hoping to get a G27 sometime in the future, but probably not anytime soon.​

Anything else to say?

Hoping for more great races through the rest of the season đź‘Ť​

PURE

Last edited:
Spent an hour testing at Madrid. Love the track save for the last chicane, at least with my setup. I broke below a 28.5 only once.

Due to your age, I assume you don't have your driving license yet. Is GTAcademy in your objectives this year anyway?

I do have a drivers license, you can get them when you're 17 in the UK. And I'm hoping to get through to the finals this year in GT Academy now that I will be old enough come July.​

My bad, I didn't know it was 17 in UK lol

outlaw4rc
Spent an hour testing at Madrid. Love the track save for the last chicane, at least with my setup. I broke below a 28.5 only once.

I'm far off pace, even for me. Are you using the same set up from Spa? I'm beginning to think this car doesn't suit my style... Or lack of it maybe.

Last edited:
Oshawa-Joe
In far off pace, even for me. Are you using the same set up from Spa? I'm beginning to think this car doesn't suit my style... Or lack of it maybe.

Everything is the same except for the tranny. Changed the final so top speed in the setup screen is around 155 mph.

Don't know if my lap time's fast, but in the past, I've finished not far behind the alien and far ahead everyone else.

Please post here if someone will be doing practice today. I have some free time and will join in. Not a big fan of doing lots of laps by myself.

Back