Nilo's Power Tuning Garage for DS3 Drifters!

• Thread starter Bodyguard
  • 92 comments
United Kingdom
London
xX-nilo-Xx
Hello and welcome to my power tuning garage!

I am 'Nilo' and I've been a fan of drifting for as long as I can remember; even when I was a toddler I was sending cars sideways. I remember drifting the 86 GT '12 the very minute I got GT5. That day was 1 year and 6 months ago, after which I never missed the online login bonus. If you ever find me in an online lobby, it will most likely be a drift lobby, as that is where I reside. Also, feel free to say hello and ask for tips, I don't bite. :lol:

The second thing I absolutely adore is Tuning; I spend at least 1 hour tuning each car that I decide to drift. This is why I have created this Tuning Garage, to learn even more about tuning and to publicise my tunes for the world to see. If there's one thing I can promise you, it's that my tunes will not disappoint. I am also willing to tweak certain tunes so that they fit your style of drifting.

What kind of drifter am I? I am a smoky, torquey drifter. That means that I can drift almost any car with over 500bhp, and create a lot of smoke and noise while I'm at it. I am not concerned about speed, as my tunes are made for precision and overall pleasure. Feel free to throw the cars into corners, as I tune for angle. :)

My favourite track? Tsukuba, without a shadow of a doubt. Tsukuba wasn't the first track I drifted on, but it sure as hell was the best, and so I rarely go anywhere else. What this means for you is that my tune will work best on Tsukuba Circuit, however the nature of my tunes allows you to drift them almost anywhere.

What can I promise you? I can promise you a steady income of well displayed, fun tunes that can at the very least give you a base to develop your own tune on. I can promise you tips on tuning and drifting big, powerful cars. I can promise you a drift buddy, provided you are a nice enough person.

In conclusion, my tunes work best on cars with over 500bhp, so don't expect any old Nissan tunes here. Also, they will be tried and tested on Tsukuba Circuit, where they will work best. I will also leave a little message at the end of every tune, highlighting the general nature of the car and what you need to watch out for. Finally, my tunes will always be displayed in a neat and tidy manner, as well as have an accompanying picture.

My existing drift tunes (to be posted on request):

Acura NSX RM '91
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03
Blitz Dunlop ER34 Skyline '07
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW M3 GTR '03

BMW M3 CSL '03
BMW M3 '04
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08
Buick GNX '87
Callaway C12 '03
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 (Wing and No wing)
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70
Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "TGD1"
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Ferrari California '08
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F430 '06
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Ferrari 512BB '76
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Ford Mustang GT '05
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Gran Turismo 350Z RS
HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 '04
Honda NSX Type R '02
Honda S2000 '06
Honda Odyssey '03
Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
Lexus IS F '07
Lexus LFA '10
Lotus Evora '09
Lotus Esprit V8 GT '98
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Carlton '90
Maserati GranTurismo S '08
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mazda RX-7 TC
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90
Nissan 240SX '96
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (Z32) '89
Plymouth Superbird '70
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
RUF BTR '86
Saleen S7 '02
Scion FR-S '12
Shelby Cobra 427 '66
Tesla Roadster '08
Toyota Supra RZ '97
Toyota 86 GT '12
Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
TVR T350C '03

NOTE: Any cars that have been written in bold are favourites of mine for drifting.

My drift aids:

Transmission: Manual
Tyres: Comfort Hard/Comfort Hard
Driving Line: Optional (I always turn off)
TCS: Off
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Active Steering: Off
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

I would also like to mention that it was ShmoGT that got me into tuning, so I owe this thread and my tunes to him.

Cheers, Nilo.

Last edited:
I'd like to see where this goes. I am the drift on the opposite spectrum, I like low powered and often weird drift cars. My Honda Odyssey is a testament to that :lol:.

On a more related note welcome to the tuning world of :gtplanet: and I'm Highly interested in your Chevelle tune. Would it work without the wing?

I'd like to see where this goes. I am the drift on the opposite spectrum, I like low powered and often weird drift cars. My Honda Odyssey is a testament to that :lol:.

On a more related note welcome to the tuning world of :gtplanet: and I'm Highly interested in your Chevelle tune. Would it work without the wing?

Firstly, let me thank you for taking interest in this thread. =)

Now, the Chevelle is perhaps my favourite drift car of all time, so I've made many different tunes for it. For my particular style of drifting, I prefer it to have the wing, however I have tried it without the added aerodynamics and the tail is much, much wobblier. Despite that, I can mess around with the springs and ride height to find a setup that feels similar to my current one, if that's what you want.

One last thing: the Odyssey? Haha I love that car! I've never tried making a tune for it, since it's low on power and is 4WD, but you're the only other person I've found with an interest in Odysseys xD

Cheers, Nilo.

Ive always lived the chevelle but never thought of the mini van as a drifter

Hahah well you never know until you've tried it! I'm thinking of trying out a tune for the Odyssey tomorrow morning...
Are there any cars you would like me to tune for you, Metry?

Firstly, let me thank you for taking interest in this thread. =)

Now, the Chevelle is perhaps my favourite drift car of all time, so I've made many different tunes for it. For my particular style of drifting, I prefer it to have the wing, however I have tried it without the added aerodynamics and the tail is much, much wobblier. Despite that, I can mess around with the springs and ride height to find a setup that feels similar to my current one, if that's what you want.

One last thing: the Odyssey? Haha I love that car! I've never tried making a tune for it, since it's low on power and is 4WD, but you're the only other person I've found with an interest in Odysseys xD

Cheers, Nilo.

Lol, It definitely gets some funny looks lol. I have mine painted bright yellow with green wheels, I call it not quite ripe. I will definitely have to try the Chevelle tune though.

Hahah well you never know until you've tried it! I'm thinking of trying out a tune for the Odyssey tomorrow morning...
Are there any cars you would like me to tune for you, Metry?
If you like send me an FR and I'll share my Odyssey for you. big_noobowski924 on psn

Hey Nilo, I haven't had much success at drifting, what would you say is the easiest American V8-V10 to drift? Everybody says to start with an rx-7 but I really can't stand them, suggestions?

Hey Nilo, I haven't had much success at drifting, what would you say is the easiest American V8-V10 to drift? Everybody says to start with an rx-7 but I really can't stand them, suggestions?

I know I'm Not Nilo, but I do have some insight on this. American V8's are a tad rough when you first start out even bone stock and it's all down to the tire shredding torque they have. If you absolutely must start with a V8 I highly recommend the 69 Z28 as it is relatively low powered and it isn't a drag racing torque machine actually it's the only Muscle car in game that wasn't designed with the drag strip in mind. I'd say buy a new one keep it STOCK and throw some CH tires on it and let her rip.Now, If you can stand a Japanese car that isn't an RX-7 try either the S13 Silvia(tuned to about 350-400hp) or the MK-3 Supra(same as Silvia) both slide really well even on as sticky as Sports Softs(yes it's frowned upon in the drifting community but a semi-drift approach to racing works well with my style) 👍 Hope this helps a little.

I know I'm Not Nilo, but I do have some insight on this. American V8's are a tad rough when you first start out even bone stock and it's all down to the tire shredding torque they have. If you absolutely must start with a V8 I highly recommend the 69 Z28 as it is relatively low powered and it isn't a drag racing torque machine actually it's the only Muscle car in game that wasn't designed with the drag strip in mind. I'd say buy a new one keep it STOCK and throw some CH tires on it and let her rip.Now, If you can stand a Japanese car that isn't an RX-7 try either the S13 Silvia(tuned to about 350-400hp) or the MK-3 Supra(same as Silvia) both slide really well even on as sticky as Sports Softs(yes it's frowned upon in the drifting community but a semi-drift approach to racing works well with my style) 👍 Hope this helps a little.

Z28 work pretty well, I threw on a lightweight flywheel and diff to help it and its fairly manageable, thanks!

No prob. I have a 300c I might post at the Watering Hole soon too.

Edit: Nilo, Sorry about the shameless self promo.

hey nilo im interested in your mercedes c63 tune if it can work for mine

Here is the C63 AMG '08 tune, as requested by "alboking":

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement. Also, use a Sports Exhaust, as it sounds much better than the Titanium Racing one.

Aero: 0/0

Turbo: Mid RPM (Trust me)
*Not sure why this car has turbos but no supercharger

Transmission:

1st - 4.662
2nd - 3.128
3rd - 2.138
4th - 1.698
5th - 1.372
6th - 1.128
7th - 0.966
Final - 2.695
Max Speed - 230mph

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/30
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - -30/-30
Springs - 6.7/6.4
Extension - 5/5
Compression - 5/5
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 1.5/0.0
Toe - 0.00/0.15

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

763bhp (possibly some breaking in)
1403kg
590PP

Extra Info:

This car decided that it liked to over-rev constantly with a low RPM turbo, so I had to fit a mid RPM one instead. If you're the kind of drifter who likes a revvy car, then try putting a low RPM turbo on my tune; otherwise, the car is a bit slower to rise to high RPMs but it carries through the corner very easily afterwards. Also, I like... challenging tunes, so you may have to adjust it to your preference or maybe just learn to drift it. Either way, you won't be disappointed, this car is a blast!

Cheers, Nilo.

Last edited:
No prob. I have a 300c I might post at the Watering Hole soon too.

Edit: Nilo, Sorry about the shameless self promo.

Hahah, no problem cars; we're all friends here! =)

If anything, you helped me out, as I was quite busy today and couldn't reply as fast as you did. So thanks for that!

I'm interested in your 300C tune, as I've never tried that car as a drifter before; let me know when it's done!

Hey "fbccars924", here is that Chevelle SS 454 '70 tune you were interested in! I haven't had time to modify it so that it doesn't need a wing, however I'll probably have that done by tomorrow.

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement

Aero: 0/15

Turbo: Supercharger

Transmission:

1st - 3.443
2nd - 2.309
3rd - 1.667
4th - 1.272
5th - 1.026
Final - 4.100
Max Speed - 149

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/25
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - -30/-30
Springs - 8.4/8.4
Extension - 4/4
Compression - 4/4
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 1.5/1.0
Toe - 0.00/0.05

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

830bhp (after breaking in)
1329kg
592PP

Extra Info:

As big a car this is, it is a terrific drifter; at the moment, it is my favourite drift car. I will warn you now: don't expect to break any world records with this thing, it is a pleasure tune. This car will get to extreme angles and not spin out, just make sure you brake early! It is quite slow and I managed to get a 1:19 on Tsukuba (with a continuous smoke trail), so I would definitely recommend it to a new drifter or even a muscle car enthusiast. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers, Nilo.

Last edited:

Hello "gt4viper".

I must firstly say that I am extremely sorry for not replying sooner; today was quite a busy day for me.

Also, let me say that I completely agree with you: the RX-7 just doesn't do it for me or any of my friends, when drifting. Moving on, I read that you took fbccars924's advice and tried the Z28 Camaro. That is a beautiful car with a lot of potential, however it may not be what you're looking for. I don't know how much experience you have in drifting, but I do know that that particular Camaro is quite low on power and torque.

My advice? Once you feel comfortable with that car, try moving on to a more smoky and torquey car, such as my previous post, the Chevelle. I mentioned in that tune that it is quite easy and slow to drift in, so you will probably find a great drifter within that car. Best of luck!

Cheers, Nilo.

Hey "fbccars924"! I just got around to making a Chevelle SS 454 '70 tune that doesn't require a wing, hope you like it:

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement

Turbo: Supercharger

Transmission:

1st - 3.443
2nd - 2.309
3rd - 1.667
4th - 1.272
5th - 1.026
Final - 4.100
Max Speed - 149

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/25
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - -30/-30
Springs - 8.4/9.8
Extension - 4/4
Compression - 4/4
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 1.5/1.0
Toe - 0.00/0.05

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

817bhp
1329kg
574PP

Extra Info:

This tune was made specifically for "fbccars924", who wanted a tune similar to my original Chevelle tune, except without the spoiler at the rear. Now, this car felt extremely tail-happy without a spoiler. I decided to increase the rear spring rate, as that would add more grip, which would in turn make up for the lack of aerodynamics. This technique worked perfectly on the hairpins on Tsukuba, however it made the car a little bit too grippy and overall... bad, on the longer corners. I then spent some more time tweaking the spring rate, until I reached a good amount. Personally, I would not use this as a daily drift car, as I detest the Chevelle looks without a spoiler; but my tune feels similar, if not the same, to my original one. Enjoy!

Cheers, Nilo.

NOTE: This tune was made on a Chevelle that was not broken in, meaning that it had less power than the original Chevelle. I will be trying this tune on a broken in Chevelle in the near future.

Last edited:
Lol, It definitely gets some funny looks lol. I have mine painted bright yellow with green wheels, I call it not quite ripe. I will definitely have to try the Chevelle tune though.

If you like send me an FR and I'll share my Odyssey for you. big_noobowski924 on psn

So, I tried drifting the Odyssey '03.... what a car. It has almost no power, yet it still feels like it is ready to take on the big boys. I felt the car's want to slide, despite its weight, despite its power, despite its drivetrain; it was brilliant. If that exact car had more power and perhaps was lightened a bit, it would make a really, really fun drift car. Will I use it every day? No. However, I will be recommending it to any new drifters, as it has the characteristics of a proper drift car, it just lacks the power and such that is needed. Without further ado, here's my tune:

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement.

Turbo: Low RPM

Transmission:

1st - 3.493
2nd - 2.427
3rd - 1.789
4th - 1.389
5th - 1.137
Final - 4.437
Max Speed - 112mph

LSD:

Torque - 5/10
Accel - 5/15
Decel - 5/20

Torque Distribution: 10/90

Suspension:

Ride Height - -15/-25
Springs - 3.0/2.6
Extension - 4/4
Compression - 4/4
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 4.5/7.5
Toe - 0.00/0.00

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

331bhp
1384kg
460PP

Extra Info:

I already mentioned quite a bit about this car at the beginning of this post, but here's a quick summary. This car is a blast. It has so little power, while being 4WD and extremely heavy, yet it feels like it wants to drift. Unless it is just my tune that made it so (which I highly doubt), I believe that this car will serve as a great beginner car. It obviously didn't go as fast, or make as much smoke as the big boys, but it had the same handling characteristics, which really amazed me. Overall, it is a superb beginner car and I recommend it to all drift newbies, and that is coming from a RWD fan.

Cheers, Nilo.

P.S. - I called my paint scheme "Ripe", as inspired by fbccars924's Odyssey.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of presence Nilo. I'm glad to see both the Wing-less Chevelle and another Drifting Soccer Mom. Hopefully, I can test the Chevelle here shortly. I shall return with results as soon as I can.

Sorry for the lack of presence Nilo. I'm glad to see both the Wing-less Chevelle and another Drifting Soccer Mom. Hopefully, I can test the Chevelle here shortly. I shall return with results as soon as I can.

Haha no problem =)
By the way, I sent you an FR, hopefully we can drift sometime soon. =D

Haha I spent about 4 hours last night frantically putting together tunes and pictures, as I did nothing earlier in the day xD

Last edited:
Thanks Nilo for the Chevelle tune, it's awesome! I had no idea you could get so sideways in a musclecar, and still control it. I went into a drift lobby on Madrid, and on the last corner (the almost 360 roundabout) I was able to drift the whole thing, I felt as though I could have circled that thing forever!

I give this tune a 4.5 star rating, and that's only because you have to be a little careful with the throttle, that 454 has got some b*lls! (Which is why i love it, instant shred in any gear!)

Thanks Nilo for the Chevelle tune, it's awesome! I had no idea you could get so sideways in a musclecar, and still control it. I went into a drift lobby on Madrid, and on the last corner (the almost 360 roundabout) I was able to drift the whole thing, I felt as though I could have circled that thing forever!

I give this tune a 4.5 star rating, and that's only because you have to be a little careful with the throttle, that 454 has got some b*lls! (Which is why i love it, instant shred in any gear!)

I'm extremely happy with your review, thank you so much! Haha I mentioned in a previous post that I like my tunes to be quite challenging xD Feel free to raise the rear or stiffen the rear springs for less... death when you're drifting it xD

I'm extremely happy with your review, thank you so much! Haha I mentioned in a previous post that I like my tunes to be quite challenging xD Feel free to raise the rear or stiffen the rear springs for less... death when you're drifting it xD

After I practice with the Chevelle some more I plan on trying your C63,
Funny thing is I just bought one two days ago for no particular reason.
Well I have a reason now!

Latest Posts

Back