◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Thanks for all the support guys. Can't wait to get back on the grid this weekend. Wore my SNAIL shirt out to dinner tonight. Really proud to be a SNAIL and hope I represent you guys well at finals. Looking forward to meeting the other SNAILs that made it. Would be so awesome if we all make it to Silverstone.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Race Date - 11 August 2013​
Penalty rate 68%

Thank you DragonWhisky and the team of Stewards for getting a huge task dealt with in short order 👍

I'd like to say, the number of penalties witnessed over the last two weeks is very out of the norm for S.N.A.I.L. But not completely unwelcome. That may sound a little strange, but S.N.A.I.L. takes clean racing seriously. We have a team of Stewards that can and will deal with all situations presented to them.

That said, YOU are responsible for YOUR actions, no one else. When you miss a brake point, decide passing in the hairpin is called for, you will be called in front of the Stewards for what YOU did.

What YOU can do to keep S.N.A.I.L. clean.

1. Stay in control of your car.
2. Respect your fellow S.N.A.I.L.
3. When you make a mistake, don't take advantage of it.
4. Report poor racecraft to the Stewards.

The Buttkicker points have been updated, follow the link above for the latest standings. Two weeks left in the ButtKicker season, have you felt what you're missing?

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Buttkicker is offering S.N.A.I.L. members discounts on some their products, including free shipping in the U.S. The discounts are valid until September 1st, 2013. Details on the products and how to get your discount can be found here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Since some of you guys seem to be tech savvy, do any of you know of a good guide for buying/building a pc. School is coming up and having a pc that doesn't overheat when I run ms word will be essential for me to make Sunday races lol

Since some of you guys seem to be tech savvy, do any of you know of a good guide for buying/building a pc. School is coming up and having a pc that doesn't overheat when I run ms word will be essential for me to make Sunday races lol

If you are not taxing it with graphics or processing. Example, video editing, CAD/CAM software, Photo Editing, high end games. About anything new of the shelf will work.

2g+ Ram DDR3
2-3g Dual Core Processor
SSD be nice but necessary

For regular document and school work these specs would be suitable. Prob off the shelf new lap top would be suffice. Windows 8 is slick. Be fancy and get a touch screen lap top. ;)

This is a real nice laptop for the money. Should last you a good while.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230706

If desk top is what your after then use above specs.

Last edited:

All you want to do is run MS Word? Go buy a $300 dollar laptop, get a copy of MS Word through your school and roll with it. Why would you need a pc at all to run Sunday races? Or is it, you need a PC you can get your homework done in a timely fashion, so you can run Sundays?

Walmart, Best buy, Dell.com, all have laptops that are going as or cheaper than some tablet PCs.

And unless you plan to become tech savvy I don't recommend you building your own. As far as buying one - depends on your budget. Processor speed and RAM are paramount concerns for any computer purchase. If sacrifices must be made, don't make them there.

I don't agree with Owens there. 4 gigs of RAM bare minimum, 64bit Operating System software (Windows 7 or 8). Forget the Solid State Drive for now, unless it comes in a retail system you pick out. I somehow doubt you'll find a dual core processor in a new retail machine. Lowest I would go with processor is quad core anyway. Try to find one with a hard drive size larger than 300GB.

Oh, and just for Rally,

Are the combos posted yet? :sly: ;) :D :lol:

Last edited:
Division 4 data is complete!

So sorry it took so long to get the data done. Since I got back I just have had no wind in my sails! You know you had some high quality time off when you feel like this when you get back! I am getting settled and I think a few hours in the seat will do wonders!

Cheers all and look forward to Sunday!!

The comment about ms word was more alluding to the crappiness of my current laptop, which overheated several times while I was typing my last paper. Ended up making me miss a Sunday race. Would like to be able to play "games" (mostly trashy mmo's) and am going to have to do some photo editing. Most of the stuff I read has acronyms and words that make me go "what the...". And I try to look up what it means, and that becomes even more confusing

For those of you interested, DrWatson has posted up a chart of current GTA USA Nationals Contestants.

gta_quali.jpg

Over here.

Btw, is everyone okay with classifing the Viper SRT10 ACR as a street car? The reason I ask is because ACR stands for "American Club Racer." Can we just leave it as is or do we need a technical ruling?

While I agree that it's a hot rod, street car, go fast buggy and will abide by current tire rules regarding such, I've not really agreed with the classifications for tire compounds. I think the tire compound should be determined by peak torque values as shown in the game's dyno sheets, regardless of street/racecar. Well, except for D1. They should drive everything on comfort hards. ;)

While I agree that it's a hot rod, street car, go fast buggy and will abide by current tire rules regarding such, I've not really agreed with the classifications for tire compounds. I think the tire compound should be determined by peak torque values as shown in the game's dyno sheets, regardless of street/racecar. Well, except for D1. They should drive everything on comfort hards. ;)

Whaaaaat?!?!
This is not the D1 known as a drifting series.

I'm gonna agree with you on this. 550pp+ street cars being raced need racing tires. Soon as they enter a door to door competition they are race cars. ;)

I'm ok with the current tire spec. Outside some wicked street cars could benefit from RH tires.

GT ACADEMY:
I count 5 SNAIL's in that list?

I just got a new Dell laptop at Best Buy for 300$. It has windows 8, a 15 inch screen and is great for internet, school work, and Snail work. It is the inspron 15 and I would recommend it.

Nic kl are you the Let Canada in guy?

I kinda agree with the tire issue. Say, super cars over 550pp should get RH.

2AM, if you have a bit of dough to burn, might I suggest alienware laptops? They are great. Perfectly suited for gaming, school, and just perusing the internets. Abe they are backed by HP now. So they come with a decent warranty, built in the us, and are reliable.

Whaaaaat?!?!
This is not the D1 known as a drifting series.

I'm gonna agree with you on this. 550pp+ street cars being raced need racing tires. Soon as they enter a door to door competition they are race cars. ;)

I'm ok with the current tire spec. Outside some wicked street cars could benefit from RH tires.

GT ACADEMY:
I count 5 SNAIL's in that list?

:lol: I didn't say it was a drifting series. As a matter of fact, if this grass roots movement gains any traction at all, when D1 gets moved to CHs for everything, I plan to put forth the idea that if tires spin, for any reason, the driver is DQed for that race. :sly: ;) That might, maybe, possibly, slow you gentleman down so you can at least see the humans moving around.

This is what you get when a dragonwhisky tries to channel Bjorn Borg, does it badly, gets a nap while watching Bob break in that growly, hi HP monster, and then is up 'til 0230 hrs.

Dragon for president! He's got a great, honest, fair platform! Unless youre in d1. Modern day robinhood I tell ya!

2AM, if you have a bit of dough to burn, might I suggest alienware laptops? They are great. Perfectly suited for gaming, school, and just perusing the internets. Abe they are backed by HP now. So they come with a decent warranty, built in the us, and are reliable.

Alienware is owned by Dell.

I agree with that. :lol:

Well everyone in D1 knows I always complain that there's too much grip.

Not me. If we're racing, give me all the grip I can get. If we're just having fun, spinning tires is enjoyable.

Latest Posts

Back