GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Would I be correct in saying people can always suggest combos? Of course no guarantee it will be used.

There is a suggestion box thread in the WRS TT forum. As you said though, no guarantee we will use it, but it may tickle the fancy of an admin who could push for it. Who knows until you try!

So last WRS EU race I had connection issues. The lounge was changing hosts to see if that would help me but it didn't. People saw my name kept loading which indicates I would be invisible to them on track. This problem has never occurred to me. :ouch:
Can someone explain what causes this problem and how I can make sure it doesn't happen again? :scared:

There's a section in the first post of this thread (section is named Network) which addresses the network problem you had.

It may have just been something to do with the PSN downtime (no idea, just a guess, since you say you've never had it before), otherwise you can try some of the router settings that are discussed in that post.

Alternatively you can do a function within GT5 called Clear System Cache. Go to Settings > Options > Miscellaneous (all the way at the bottom) > Network. In there you will see an option called "Clear system cache". Sometimes takes a few minutes but if can help with online connection problems.

I just want to let you guys know I won't be able to race for the coming 5 weeks. I'll be on holiday at the Costa Brava partying 1 week, and the rest I'll spend in Cambodja and other parts of Asia. I wish you all a wonderful holiday and good racing. 👍

See you guys when I get back. :cheers:

I just want to let you guys know I won't be able to race for the coming 5 weeks. I'll be on holiday at the Costa Brava partying 1 week, and the rest I'll spend in Cambodja and other parts of Asia. I wish you all a wonderful holiday and good racing. 👍

Enjoy! See you on track when you return.

See you back soon, I'm sure you'll have a good time :cheers:

:jealous: Enjoy.

A nice video of a recent race at Autumn Ring by DrWatson... He posted it to the thread here, but it's now in the archived section so figured I'd cross post here in case any are interested:

Taking Your Girl for a Scenic Drive-NA:

PS> I like the crawls and will have to figure out how to implement something similar. 👍

On the upcoming release of GT6...

WRS-Online and 3D3Racing are going to offer online races based on GT6 immediate after it's release and will discontinue online events for GT5 after the final weekly race on Wednesday, Dec. 4th.

We plan to offer weekly races in GT6 during our normal time slots starting on Wednesday, Dec 11th. Original online-combos will be used until the GT6 registry is open and the first GT6 time trials are live. Eligibility for our online races will be based on membership in the GT5 registry until the GT6 registry is open. Note that the "GTP_" tag requirement will continue into GT6 and will be required to join our races.

It's not that easy to say good bye to an old friend, so the OLR Admins and WRS-Online stewards have also begun planning a couple other special tribute events to see off GT5. These will take place in November and more information will be published "soon".

Finally, we're planning a special online event for early GT6 adopters on Saturday Dec 14th.

Stay tuned for more information.

Don't miss the latest GT Podcast chicane episode where we discuss 3D3 Racing and WRS:

Warm friends of epic racing join me for a round of Chicane! WRP001 (Tim) and Gravitron (Lucas) are in the house and they're dropping knowledge.

We tackle the subject of online racing hard - with heavy damage and horrible network connections. Can you handle it? Are you prepared? Ready to get your mind blown by the 3D3 boys and their take on what type of racer you should be?!

Well then, give this little (2 hours lol) Chicane Special podcast a listen!

We cover all the important aspects; the history of 3D3 Racing, some of Pure, WRS-Online, moderating GTP, opinions on what GT6 should do for league racers, etc!

Links to the podcast and more info can be found here.

I'll be on that soon. I had alot of fun recording with Wardez a few weeks back too!

PS. It sounds like I basically hogged all the air time, but there's a good reason (besides me having a big mouth which might be true :dopey:)... Lucas had some serious technical difficulties with his connection. Looks like Eddie had to edit a lot of that out because he just wasn't audible at times.

Following post is not really online events related but I need to get this out with my online racing friends. :D

Did my first trackday with my bike today and man it was AWESOME!!!
Hooked already!
I'm the one on the green Kawasaki Z750.

P10600372_zps5eabfb43.jpg

P10600622_zps8b8f2b3e.jpg

At the end of the day my rear road tyre looks beat.

P10601092_zps513bbaf9.jpg

P10601122_zps66ab041f.jpg

Also, I'm not a kneedown virgin anymore.
PDT_ura1.gif

What track was that at? My knowledge of Belgian tracks is limited to Spa and Zolder. :dopey:

In unrelated stuff, my friend returned from his trip to Gamescom and was telling me about NFS Rivals on the next-gen hardware. Said there were 36 players for online, but might be more since it was just a demo.

Hopefully that means larger grids will be possible for GT7.

Nice. I have done lot of track days with my bike. You have too low air pressure in your tires :)

Following post is not really online events related but I need to get this out with my online racing friends. :D

Did my first trackday with my bike today and man it was AWESOME!!!
Hooked already!
I'm the one on the green Kawasaki Z750.

[

Very cool Chris.👍👍

What track was that at? My knowledge of Belgian tracks is limited to Spa and Zolder. :dopey:
It was a small French track at these coordinates on Google maps (or Earth) 50.3785, 2.2972

In unrelated stuff, my friend returned from his trip to Gamescom and was telling me about NFS Rivals on the next-gen hardware. Said there were 36 players for online, but might be more since it was just a demo.

Hopefully that means larger grids will be possible for GT7.
Yeah, hopefully. Looking forward to larger grids.

That does look like alot of fun. I did my first track day in cars a month or 2 ago and that too was amazingly good.

I was updating the historical results thread and realized that JTV has just this past week hit a serious milestone:

JTV participated in 100 events in year 2 alone! :bowdown: :crazy:

participationbydriver.png

There is one event left in year 2 (F1 GP of Italy), but JTV is not signed up so he's likely done at 100. Way to set the bar.

PS> WRS-Online / 3D3 Racing hosted 122 official races total in year 2 (not including parity or academy events, but including the upcoming F1 GP of Italy)... JTV made 82% of them.

Last edited:
Back