Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Awesome job, Furi.

Now hurry up and get back to work, you have an obligation to fulfill :P

This week I bring to you someone with a weird fascination for people with "Snake" as their last name, and a lover of tacos. Ladies and gentleman, the newest member to join the Member of the Week madhouse, Liquid!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

Is this Bush/Gore all over again? Who rigged the voting? Haha, it's a pleasure, and a bit of a surprise considering I've been pretty inactive lately. Nice to know the community cares.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

I think it was a track list for GT5. I joined not long after GT5's release, so I'm still a bit of a n00b in longevity terms.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

The Infield is my most typical haunt. It fits right in with one part of my sense of humour; super cheap, lowest common denominator. Know a joke about Stilton? Yeah, but it's a bit cheesy...

That aside, I love frequenting the OCE, as well as the Cars In General forum when I can.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

I'd always been fascinated by trains and cars as a child, and for my 8th birthday my parents bought me a PlayStation with a copy of 'this car game' called Gran Turismo. Totally hooked, many memories of GVS in a Legacy GT-B on Arcade Mode. It wasn't until later that I got into the GT Mode, because as the dorky 8 year old child I was and still am always used to ask my dad if I could "play on the mode you play on".

5. How did you come up with the name "Liquid"?

Well, I'm a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid and, despite his terrible British accent, Liquid Snake was just... super cool. I like villains. Especially those who are somewhat cultured and Machiavellian. You just want them to win, don't you?

Anyway, there's that side of it, and I just think that as a pseudonym/username, it's a pretty crisp sounding word. There was a user already called liquid [sic] when I signed up, who hadn't posted a single thing in seven years of having an account, so I was initially MazdaPrice, the lamest car pun I could think of. (NB - Asda Price is a British supermarket's ad slogan)

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Both. Both have their positives, both have their negatives. I really don't get the fanboyish element of it all. I drink Coke and Pepsi, even though I prefer Coke. I like GT and Forza, even if I prefer GT. Each to their own like, but hey, I steer the hell away from the GT sections.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

Well... Formula 1, Formula 1 97, Formula 1 99, Formula 1 2001, Formula 1 CE, Grands Prix 2 3 & 4, Toca 1, Toca 2, Toca Race Driver 3, Colin McRae Rally, Race07 and Wip3out have all given me so much pleasure over the years. But do I prefer them over GT? Some of them, definitely. The lure of F1 and BTCC is too great for me to resist.

8. What would the first chapter in your autobiography be called?

From Blasphemy To Infamy,
The Thom Lovelock Story

Chapter I - An Apology

9. On a scale from 1 to 10, ten being very manly and 1 being very girly, where do you fall?

Now this is a very arbitrary question. Manly or girly on what? But I shan't fuss.

4-5.

10. If you could be any other GTPlanet-user for a day, who would you be?

Jordan and delete the drift forums.

11. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Do I live out my life in the conspiratorial world of Metal Gear espionage, or do I go and live in Pallet Town, abandon my mum to live on her own and kill other people's pets with a Fukushima offspring?

Neither. I'd so love to be in Portal.

12. If you could create your own motorsport series what would it entail?

Some sort of championship involving executing the driver who is last on a given lap.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

Connah's Quay has an apostrophe in it.

14. Let's say GTPlanet was another persons brainchild—and there's really no way to know this for certain—but could you see the community being as prominent?

You mean, if it wasn't Jordan's creation? Hm, good question. I suppose so, but it wouldn't be the community we know. But if it was someone else's, we wouldn't exist in a world where we know any better and couldn't then compare it to Jordan's even though that's what we're doing now.

/Star Trek robot logic

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

Amateur voice acting and coin/note collecting.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Driving nothing at the moment! But there's a 1999 Honda Civic MB sitting on my drive back home in Wales.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

Well, currently I'm playing Football Manager 2012 where I am a world class manager in my second spell with Wrexham where I made my glorious return to the club whose reputation I built after a 7 year stint coaching abroad and immediately turned it around from midtable to championship winners and....

You get the idea.

18. What songs have been on repeat for the past few days?

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
George Formby - When I'm Cleaning Windows
Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough
Sonata Arctica - Letter To Dana

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol: )

Because Danny and I found that manipulating a sign to say Liquid Ass was quite funny, and appropriate.

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

d) All of the above. I am a connoisseur who enjoys certain games regardless of age, quality and price.

21. With the PS4 coming in the holiday season this year, is it the right time to consider moving up to the next generation?

No. Because I am poor and will not afford it. However, I shall buy it once the good bundles are out, and cheaper, and the initial problems are fixed.

22. Manual or automatic?

Manual as a personal choice. But I can definitely see the advantages of autos in certain situations.

23. Desert island disks - what 3 albums would you take to a desert island?

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
George Carlin - Napalm & Silly Putty

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

3?

I very seriously consider the rest of a fair chunk of society to be the crazy ones.

25. Who is your favorite race driver and why?

Rubens Barrichello. Always my racing hero. But hey, while I'm here, shoutouts to Steve Soper, Frank Biela, Gerhard Berger, Jim Clark and Alain Menu.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

Some introductory thread I got embarrassed about and erased when I got premium. Nothing at all like the cultured Celt I am today.

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

Not one! I'm careful with my hardware.

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

I'm answering this MOTW in a Greek hotel toilet.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

Uh, not long after joining, I disappeared for about half a year. Then I came back, became a regular and any absences now are at least explained.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

Well, FoolKiller is someone I have admiration for because of his health status. Inspiring to me. And that's notwithstanding his near immaculate posting etiquette which I respect hugely.

31. Is your body ready?

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S READY

/The Rock

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

Cross it with a kettle and a geometry set for a Hippo-pot-enuse?

33. What's the funniest thing you can remember from all of your time being a member here?

Any good quality pun session. I've only heard stories of what happened in the old days...

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

Not officially, but I have brokered races between myself and a few of my friends on here, in addition to sporadic races in Logan's Lounge.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

You'd need a lobotomy to access it, unfortunately.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

Tacos rule.

Bonus Question These two additional inclusions are the brainchild of a staff member and must be answered as if you were a contestant on Jeopardy!, i.e. "What is a Computer?"

B1: This actor played Max Da Costa in Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium".

B2: She is my darling wife. (If you can't answer this... go away. :P )

B1: What is the answer to this question?
B2: Who is Norman Lamot?

Back