Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: ( 0%) 464 hp
  • Weight: (-10%) 990 kg
  • Driving Aids: Any
  • Top Speed: Any
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tyre Type: Racing-Soft
Week 141 Race Specifics:

The WRS booked a full week of racing on the Twin Ring Motegi complex.
So we are allowed to race on the not so well known tracks of Motegi.

1--East Short Course
2--West Short Course
3--Super Speedway

Please submit all three laptimes to me like this:

x'xx.xxx East
x'xx.xxx West
x'xx.xxx Speedway
-------------+
x'xx.xxx Total

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replays ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)
Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me
(sjaak68):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 7 January 6 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified

Wow!!! Toms x 3 :drool::drool::drool:

Looking good mate, I will run this one for sure as the Toms is hard to resist and also I have never raced on Motegi Speedway :sly:

I've never raced the toms supra, or any supra to be honest, and my knowledge of the motegi tracks is minimal, oh well. Had a blast though hoping i didnt come last!

p.s. sjaak - sorry for the layout of my times and that, its not exactly how you wanted them but they are all there.

Nice concept, I'm looking forward to start playing this race. The East course should be the most demanding of all the 3 circuits, and the Speedway might be there just to shuffle the thousandths of the other laptimes :mischievous:

Notice that there are actually 2 Castrol Tom's Supra's: the '00 and the '01. We have to use the '00, so don't get DQ'd by using the '01! ;)

Finally have a day off work, I may try this one out :nervous: Be Gentle guys!

Jerome

I had a few laps:

Super Speedway:
17.631 (.58x) - Top speed 300

West Course:
15.243 - Top speed 250
1 tenth left

East Course: didn't try yet.

Well im not giving my times away ;)

Partly because i just realised im being beaten already! Oh noe's!!!

West-t1-15.351

Speedway-t1-17.773 and rather adicting :dopey:

East-t1-27.963 / t2-53.318

Nice layout Sjaak 👍 One question, I kept 2 wheels over the inside white line on the speedway, not sure if it's faster to get way over or not.

west: 15.345
speedway 17.568
east: 28.132 / 53.035

I'm using 300 top speed for everytrack so far...

Erik,you may cross the line what ever suits you.👍

great! i grew to like motegi only after a while tho.
i like all supra's and the tom's one is a great racer i believe.
i don't know how the feck i'm gonna admin this in luxy tho :scared:
any suggestions from the oldtimers would be welcome, like a previous wrs week with a comparable setup if possible. thanks in advance for that mates! 👍

great idea again sjaak :bowdown:

As I recall, week 72 was made of a combination of 2 races (NSX's at Infineon).
Week 48 too (Elise and Silvia at Autumn Ring).

East:
27.059 (.002)
Top speed 270

Edit:
Another run at the speedway:
15.633 (.561)
Still 300 gearing

The super speedway is way harder than it seems at the beginning.

Sounds fun, thank goodness we haven't got Road Course as well or consistency may have been issue. I'll probably get started tomorrow.

I'm thinking of how we can do this one too bigracer. I'll let u know if I come up with anything, I can't see how the prev ones were done anymore.

EDIT - Not that I put too much thought into it yet, but here is an example (not correct splits just messin' around ya know?)

<driver name="jump_ace" division="1" controller="1">
<lap t1="15295" t2="0"/>
<lap t1="17618" t2="0"/>
<lap t1="27306" t2="51987"/></driver>

Basically just putting 0's in for the non-existent t2's. It still adds up all the splits correctly, the issue is with naming each one. But imho we are all so immersed in this game that we know a 17.x split is for the speedway and the 15.x split is for West and then of course leaving East with two. What do you guys think?

Jerome

Alright shaking off week 140! Respect to all those who can race the ring to it's potential because I sure haven't even begun to master it yet. Anyways looking forward to some interesting racing and weird luxy update with two tracks in there with on split time. I also think it'll add an awesome finish to the week as the splits I feel will be deceiving.

gearing 270
east-gave it about 10-15 laps
t1-27.835
t2-52.676

gearing 270
west-only 1 or 2 laps
t1-15.898

gearing 300
super-only 1-2 laps
t1-17.769

Thanks Sjaak :)

After my first session all around I knew 300 would not cut it for the east course, so I tried again with 260.

East / 27.529 / 51.946

I'm thinking of how we can do this one too bigracer. I'll let u know if I come up with anything, I can't see how the prev ones were done anymore.
great, jerome: thanks a ton! 👍
only downpoint is that it now only sorts on east's t2 rather than including the splits from west and super ... i copied the first 2 t1's into the t2 column for that. what do you think? still doesnt look very good, cos now it marks both t1's for west for who's fastest there in red ...

anyway, :bowdown: for setting it up mate!

to all participants: please post your splits as follows:
west: t1
speedway: t1
east : t1 / t2

EDIT looking thru the backup i made of luxy before erasing weeks 1-99 (resulting in better update times) i thought of seeing the three laps as one, representing west as t1, super as t2, and east as t3/t4. only thing missing is a total time. that i could calculate but it'll be quite a churn ... ideas please.

Gave it a go this morning.

West: t1= 16.205
Speedway t1= 17.681
East: t1= 29.858/ t2= 55.352

This one's great fun Sjaak.👍👍 There's plenty of time out there for me to find that's for sure.

HHmm....thats the thing with this arrangement there is not total time calculated for the lot of the laps. I can reel in a favor from an old friend and see if she can help 💡 If not, I guess we can take a vote as to how people want to view the splits? ...just thinking out loud again, lol....

Jerome

I guess we can take a vote as to how people want to view the splits? ...just thinking out loud again, lol....
thanks for not getting angry about messing up your initial brilliant setup mate :sly:

i am willing to offer to calc the totals of t1, t1 and t2 if that'd be the best solution for this week.
please let us know what your girl friend (girlfriend?:)) can do otherwise we'll stick to this.

EDIT ok so now i've added a t5 to sum west t1, super t1, and east t2. overview:
t1=west t1
t2=super t1
t3=east t1
t4=east t2
t5=total of west t1, super t1, east t2

all clear now mates? :)

Tried them all again and could only improve on the east course.

west: 15.345
speedway 17.568
east: 27.085 / 51.497

That way will work fine, no worries mate, just looking to make sure everyone is happy. Your way will work fine 👍 You can delete my times, they aren't overly accurate. If I have time tomorrow if I'm not gonna be boarding I'll race a lil' bit. Happy New Year All!

Jerome

Steven, my splits (posts 6 and 13) are not on the leaderboard. You skipped them ;) Maybe because I'm so fast that I can't be seen. After all, I'm already in 2008 in opposition to the American guys :sly: :D

East:
27.059 (.002)
Top speed 270

Edit:
Another run at the speedway:
15.633 (.561)
Still 300 gearing

The super speedway is way harder than it seems at the beginning.

Cmir did you mean 17.633 for the speedway?? cos that is .002 sower than your last split??

First splits,

W= 15.251
S= 17.459
E= 26.976 51.319 (lost .2 just after t1 :()

Yes, I think it's right, the last corner at the speedway is the most important and that was where I gained time.

first splits

w=16.243
s=17.959
e=29.586-54.703
sum=88.905

posting the sum (w:t1+s:t1+e:t2) is voluntairy but appreciated.

thanks michael for the luxy update 👍

west=15.985
super= 17.679
east= 28.886-54.516
sum=88.180

I think that's correct 'cause I'm no math wiz!:dunce:

Some new tries.

west=15.351
super= 17.663
east= 27.535/52.273
sum=85.287

First splits: