GT4 WRS Week 141 : Triple Twin Ring Motegi

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 107 comments
Got dizzy going left at the Super Speedway:

Next....to the East Course. Ain't been there before, but I got a few circuits in with a best so far with a big zig-zag just before the 2nd sector timing tower:

Next....off toward the west.

I made a mistake on the power selection....I'll have to redo.

I'm not in the WRS since I can't acquire a Max Drive (what are they, no longer manufactured?), but can I still post splits and discuss here as long as I don't submit a time?

Got tired of football! :crazy:

West: 15.801
Super: 17.678
East: 28.521/53.673

Total: 87.152

Now I'm just tired. :indiff:

Now I'm just tired. :indiff:

Happy New Year gtbadboy!!! :cheers: Glad to know you made it back home.

This is a very nice triple threat that you have come up with, Sir Sjaak, and I'm enjoying this challenge immensely. 👍👍:cheers::cool: Here's to the first week in what I expect to be another great year of racing!!! :)

My sincere thanks in advance to bigracer for what has got to be quite the challenge in itself for the luxy and the time spent to keep it updated!!! :cheers:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE WRS!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers: RACE ON!!!

Oh yeah, my times are:

west= 15.274 with a 280 gear
super= 17.555 with a 340 gear
east= 27.580 t2= 52.254 with a 340 gear
sum= 85.083

Here are my first splits:
T1= 16.291 [West]
T2= 17.853 [Super]
T1= 30.570 T2= 56.670
Sum= 90.814

I used a 330 on the west, a 360 gear on the super, and a 340 on the east.

I'm not in the WRS since I can't acquire a Max Drive (what are they, no longer manufactured?), but can I still post splits and discuss here as long as I don't submit a time?

You dont NEED a .max drive, just as long as no-one asks for proof, you will only be asked for proof if you are at the very top, and then your time will be deleted. But as long as your times are not the best on the board there wont be any problems,

Heres the link to purchase a .max drive from play.com

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/1008717/-/Product.html?searchstring=.max+drive&searchsource=0

There you go.

I would like to start with a Happy New Year to everyone on the gtplanet, especially to all of you in the WRS.............:cheers:

I always like the way the combo's are different in so many ways. Way to go. 👍

my splits, which better get faster by the looks of it :odd:

west= 15.641
sway= 17.626
east= 28.688 / 54.016
sum = 87.283

Ron thanks for the advice (shoulder pain) xray shows nothing but spurs so going for mri on friday. Doc thinks rotator cuff :scared:

i'm back in gtp after some misterious firewall attack block thingy that caused planet not to give me access WTF??? michael did luxy itmt; thanks mate! 👍 now i can do it again. looks like i gotta improve on east to get higher up in the div3 ranks :ouch: great wrs week again mr. steward :)

@Ren-Tec: What top speed are you using to get a 17.4 split at the speedway? you're going full throttle during the whole sector right? Thanks in advance mate ;)

Only run 2 so far ..

Speedway 17.522
East 26.907 / 51.029

The Toms is not as good as I remember it being :P will try again soon!

i'm back in gtp after some misterious firewall attack block thingy that caused planet not to give me access WTF???
Happened to me also , so I hope I didn't cause it somehow as the only gtp related pages I could view were those..:nervous:

improved at super at s/f by .012 but was .180 slower at t1 wtf???
at west i gained .595 at s/f but only .066 at t1 ...
keep working at east but no improvements there yet :grumpy:

west= 15.408
super= 17.808
east= 27.569 t2=52.404

I got a DFP today, so it's basically like im starting fresh. Im enjoying it though.

also got an ARmax.👍

@Ren-Tec: What top speed are you using to get a 17.4 split at the speedway? you're going full throttle during the whole sector right? Thanks in advance mate ;)

Haha your asking me lol Mr speedy ;). Ok well i used 350 gearing and gental movements on the wheel in turn one. I find the higher gearig works better for me.

I've found quite a few 17.4xx with 320 topy and a not so gental movement of the ds2 :P

It seems like we will be counting tenths on the luxy board this week so I'll throw in a mid week update. I made a trifecta of runs last night to hit each track. I ran about ten laps a piece.

Ok took a break and ran some more tonight. I ran about 15 laps on the west course and about 25 laps on the east. I can definitely see where my time is going to be gained I just need to keep running about that many laps per night to get the one good run. I had been running 270 on the east course but swithched to 260 and felt some differences. I only gained the tiniest bit on my overall east time but hope to gain more. I will only hit Super probably one or two more times as I don't feel there is much to gain there for myself. The West course is hit or miss as the consecutive turns after the back straight are tough with the hard braking but I figure I have a little bit more to gain mainly just cleaning my lap up.

t1-15.711
t2-17.584
t3-27.542
t4-52.269
sum-85.564

My first splits for this week, after a quick second session to clean up a few of the rough edges -

West - 15.635
Super - 17.783

East T1 - 28.523
East T2 - 53.798

Total - 1:27.216

More to come...........:sly:

Kevin

lu EDIT updated up to post 51 54
gental movements? genital movements? gentle movements? strange goings on in a race board :)
EDIT gt3emperor please post splits for all 3 laps otherwise i won't be able to add you to luxy. thanks!

Happened to me also , so I hope I didn't cause it somehow as the only gtp related pages I could view were those..:nervous:

Keep the faith, Kenny. I feel quite assured that you are not the cause of any problems incurred on the site as a whole. :)

No new times tonight. Apparently some Chivas Regal slipped into my water glass.:sly:

edit: Well, it's an hour later and I'm not as think as you drunk I am. Nobody else posted, so here is my wisdom in a nutshell, though whether it's a nut or a shell is open for interpretation.

The Superspeedway is like a woman who is not sure if she wants sex or not, so it's up to you to find the right combination of spots between gearing and throttle, but she's more interested in throttle than gearing.

The West represents the one who starts too fast and will give all you want for a fast t1, but if you've under-estimated the second half, then nothing but doom awaits.

The East is the one who says pretenders need not apply.

I've got arora in my sights with nothing to lose. I want to beat a D1 racer this week.

RACE ON!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Splits:
West 15.510 (270 gears)
Super 17.592 (290 in 6th and/or 360 in 5th)
East 27.569 / 52.455 (280)
TOTAL 85.557

Superspeedway - as Chuckabilly said throttle is more important than gearing - but I would add that the turn-in point is the key that allows the max throttle. Both ends of the course seem to like a late apex as the car likes to push on exit. By the way, racing the ghost has given me a real appreciation for how oval racers describe how their car handles the three segments of a turn (entry, middle, exit) - to me this car seems to go be push/neutral/push at both ends of the course.

Be carefull what you ask for Chuck ;)

I'm starting to get the hang of the east course and now have a more rounded lap with room for about .2 more at the line. Nailed the ending of the west course with a not so good t so maybe I can squeez another .05 there. Super speedway I have no clue what is fast there.

west: 15.316
super: 17.467
east: 27.158(27.024) / 51.371

I'll need one more good go at all 3 to finish up, fun stuff Sjaak 👍

I'm getting angry at the speedway... I tried to do some genital movements but it doesn't work for me :lol: , unless you told me that just so my family would laugh at me. :dopey: If this was karting, maybe jumping on the seat would make it faster by reducing the weight at some moments, but not on GT4. :sly:

I switched my speedway top speed to 360, and I now don't use 6th gear. But the car handles exactly the same, for both corners. I'm still far away from that 17.4. However, I improved my lap by almost one tenth by making my best last sector yet with an average T1.

I had another try at the west course, and I discovered something that improves the handling of the car. I'm not telling you this now, though... :sly: Make your minds work, and if you haven't found it out tomorrow, I'll share this. ;)
I then ran a couple of laps at the speedway, but here I did not see any benefit for applying this. But it'll probably work at the east course, so next time I race there, I'll try this.

West: 15.211 (.162) top speed 250
Speedway: 17.580 (.553) top speed 360
East: no improvements
Total: 83.979

CMir, I've been running 17.35-17.45 on the speedway with a couple different gear ratios. I stay pretty wide on entry to turn one and arc it in, sometimes with a (very) slight lift if the front end starts to slide. If I get it just right I can hold 170 mph most of the way throught the turn. There is a fine balance on entry, lose too much speed and you'll never get it back, but overcook the entry and straightaway acceleration will suffer.

All my NASCAR experience is paying off on the oval, but I look like Dick Trickle out there on the road courses. Not good at all. I'll see if I can get postable splits later tonite.

Sometimes, but it doesn't always make for the fastest split. The turn is so long the apex is hard to find, and remember, if you have to lift a little on entry, you are still traveling DOWN the banking, so you can pick it back up. I've also managed to run pretty much full throttle thru turn 1, but it wasn't any faster.

Interesting Wally, everytime I race at the oval, the closer I stick to the white line is a direct relationship to a lower time. But you may be right on the downhill part to pick the speed back up. If you want some really good practice at the oval CMir, take either the minolta or the F1 car there and trim some time. You will learn exactly where the car will oversteer and start to skid and then you can take that knowledge of the necessary driving line and floor it on a perfect lap :)

Jerome

Back