David48's Gallery - back from the dead

• Thread starter David48
  • 172 comments
David-s13-240
Click on a thumbnail to be taken to the post. Comments and criticism always welcome!:)

Last edited:
:eek: what a difference. That looks pretty good man! I don't think that the xenon-ish lighting is overdone either.

As for your other photos, you have great composition, and decent lighting for unedited shots. 👍

Okay. After some time using gimp and looking through some tutorials mixed with my own ideas, I came up with this.

I pretty much used some elements from a headlight tutorial and tutorial to make a pic half color, half black and white. I still have to mess around with the contast. It came out a little bad.:indiff:

Last edited:
So I got bored and inspired at the same time. If anyone here speeks german, feel free to tell me what it actually means. I got it from an old VW Bus ad. Enjoy! :)

Oh and I know these two cars would never be put together in a Manufacturer's ad seeing as how they're about 20-30 yrs. apart. ;)

love the angles in your battle pics and the headlight touch pic looks great. the head lights give the pics a nite time feel. but the m3, the stair makes it look chopped.
and as for the cars that are 20- 30 yrs apart. in NA there are ad with the new 2009 tiguan and that beetle in the the lastest pics. how many years is that??

Yo've spelt Das wrong, as the second last word. I can tell you that, from my limited knowledge of german.

Otherwise, your pics are fantastic. Nice work.

WOw.... :eek::eek::eek:

Some awesome pics you got there. A lot of the background looks real. I love how all these pics look. My favorite is the second one. Awesome job:tup:👍

WOw.... :eek::eek::eek:

Some awesome pics you got there. A lot of the background looks real. I love how all these pics look. My favorite is the second one. Awesome job:tup:👍

Thanks! I was inspired to use softglow after seeing all of your pics.

LdS
Great pictures indeed. The background and the car are clean and simple, but with a good composition, and great smoke on the first one. 👍

On the first one, I smudged out some of the hard edges on the trees and the smoke. Then the softglow made the smoke standout. Thanks.:)

Nothing new. I'm just moving these down from the first post.
Altezza LM Touring Car@Tsukuba

Black MR2 GTS@Tsukuba

~My first ever pic. on GT4~

BMW M5

I like the picture. The car is very clean, but the sky has many flaws, especially near and on the pillar of the bridge, where it doesn’t quite correspond.
There are a lot of ways to clean skies and to hide those weird textures. You could also just blur the whole background.

I thought about blurring the entire pic, but that would just look weird, and I'm not that good at selective blurring. And the bridge got pretty hard. I know there's a lot of places wheere I used the smudge tool a little too much. Thanks for the comments. And that's just the first of many shots to come from that shoot.

Everything below the Verizon building looks awesome, very clean with nice reflection and, tone. Great job with that.

As for the "Selective Blurring", I don't know much people who uses a small smudge brushes for blurring huge sections ( at least that's what it seems to have happened), they use filters and stuff. But I'm sure with more practice, you will find other methods and it wont be a problem, so don't sweat it.

Here's a little update. I got pretty bored, and its been a while since I posted in this thread. So...

EDIT: And yes, the sky is supposed to be a weird yellow on the first one. I was trying something new.

Last edited:
So I don't like the Prius very much, so to cover for that I've edited some Toyota Minolta 88cv pics. And here's a small preview.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I forgot to explain this. I made this pic just to demonstrate some of my skills to my brother's digital design teacher, so I did some random stuff. I changed it from blue to green, and also I changed the color of the flame to blue.

Back