David48's Gallery - back from the dead

• Thread starter David48
  • 172 comments
So, I just bought Tourist Trophy a few hours ago and already I'm using Photomode. I think its a pretty fun game. But so far I only have 3 bikes. :(
Anyway, these are all unedited. Pretty soon I'm going to start editng them. But not right now, I'm too lazy.

Last edited:
You may only have three bikes but the NSR250 is certainly a good one :D Great shots, the panning one you're using for your avatar is probably the best 👍

You may only have three bikes but the NSR250 is certainly a good one :D Great shots, the panning one you're using for your avatar is probably the best 👍

Yeah, that's my favorite. And after about 2 hours of trying, I finally got the Ninja ZX-12R! :dopey:

Just a tip for your TT shots: Use the lean body riding style or better yet, customize it to lean out even further. TT has some weird riding styles that makes any experienced sport motorcycle rider go what the Christ? Google some motorcycle racing pictures and try to get your rider to look the same. I've seen many great shots ruined (at least in my opinion) because of awkward riding styles.

Thanks! Never really thought about that. Not much of a motorcycle enthusiast as much as I am with cars, so I guess that would never occur to me. Thanks again.

I need help!!!!!!! I've been trying to do a zoom blur, but I've been having problems getting rid of the empty space that's been blurred. I've been following this. zoom blur tutorial
And I don't know what that black thing is on the pic. It randomely appeared when I saved it. I think the picture can tell the rest of the story.

VWconcept.png

Last edited:
Did you follow this step?:

9. Go to your layers pallete. Duplicate the blurred layer. This is to eliminate the unblurred area around the edge of the car. Duplicate it 3 or 4 times, and then merge them all into one 'blur' layer.

First of all you need to make a proper selection of the car.

Yes. I did that step. I tried it doing the whole thing over multiple times. Then I started over, and did that selection rather hastily just to demonstrate. Swiss Legend is helping me via PM. I'm almost there. This is my progress so far. I ran into one more problem.

VWconcept-1.jpg

Then this is how it looks with some layers stripped away. I'm terying to fix the un-blurred area.
screenshot.jpg

OK. I did the exact same thing on another pic from the same shoot, but it still showed up in here. Its just much less evident.

VWconcept2.jpg

Yep, it's fine now 👍

As you said, you have to duplicate the layer many times. If do you merge (for example) 5 layers, and then duplicate the result 5 times again, and so on... you'll get it faster than one by one.

So, Its been a while since I did a GT4 update. And I really like the pics I got from CCCL week 61 comp. So, I edited the rest of them. Hope you guys like. :D

I admit I got a little lazy on the bottom left pic.

Last edited:
OK. I did the exact same thing on another pic from the same shoot, but it still showed up in here. Its just much less evident.
*photo*
So, couldn't you have just rendered the car, then pasted it back on top of the blurred image(including the blurred car) to give it more of a dissolve/blur effect?

Not really. And I'm going to show you exactly what would happen because I'm incredibly bored. Just let me do it. It might take me 10 min.

pretty good update David! Nice noise levels to the pics. You are learning a lot in a very short period of time! keep up the good work 👍

Thanks. Every one in photo mode has helped me and inspired me both directly and indirectly. The noise is something I picked up from seeing your most recent update. I never really thought about using it before.

New Update!!!! All of these are from the PMC week 154 comp.

Please comment and/or criticise.:)

And I know I should have put more contrast in the first one.

Back