N-Tune Performance Vehicles

• Thread starter CamryFan
  • 78 comments
The cars really odd, it's a bit of a dog. Buckets of corner entry understeer but then if you start getting creative it turns to oversteer.

mmm, that's what I got. Can we has another expereinced tuner to look at this?

my understanding is that [an] increase of decel value [with] a customizable LSD would actually aid in reducing lift of[f] oversteer caused by instability on corner exit.

Yeah this may be what I'm on about. But, tbh, I know crap-all about this, so you'd be better off asking someone that has more of an idea than I.

EDIT: Great Avatar mate, that's the coolest lizard I've ever seen.

Last edited:
PF
mmm, that's what I got. Can we has another expereinced tuner to look at this?

Yeah this may be what I'm on about. But, tbh, I know crap-all about this, so you'd be better off asking someone that has more of an idea than I.

EDIT: Great Avatar mate, that's the coolest lizard I've ever seen.

Can we have another experienced tuner look at my car? Is that what you mean or another tuner look at the LSD settings.

Oh and thanks for the grammar check, I tend to not pay attention towards the end of my posts.

And quite obviously its a cat. :crazy:

Another note on the RX-8. I've changed the settings ever so slightly and after a few runs at 70% you learn what the cars all about. I like it how I have it tuned now. Hopefully I've made some improvements without tampering with the cars natural attitude. I'll give you an advance copy of the car and if you think it's alright I'll post it.

Can we have another experienced tuner look at my car?

Sorry mate poorly phrased on my part; meant someone to give advice on LSD, be it stock or fully tuned and whether or not what I was saying was a load of crap.

thanks for the grammar check

I've noticed an astonishing improvement in (most of) your posts and PMs. If you want to be a journo keep going on this path, cause the sub-editors will crucify you otherwise.

And quite obviously its a cat.

Yeah, I was joking. That's the coolest picture of a chicken I've ever seen.

Sorry mate poorly phrased on my part; meant someone to give advice on LSD, be it stock or fully tuned and whether or not what I was saying was a load of crap.

Ahh ok. No probs at all. I think mafs likes me and if he won't help then I pretty sure Vince and I could work something out and then there's d24/7, he seems to know the in's and out's of RX-8's.

I've noticed an astonishing improvement in (most of) your posts and PMs. If you want to be a journo keep going on this path, cause the sub-editors will crucify you otherwise.

Oh well thats good to hear. Ever since I heard you criticize other peoples English for money and that you actually enjoyed reading my review I have began too pay more attention to my grammar as if you read everything of mind with a critical eye.

Yeah, I was joking. That's the coolest picture of a chicken I've ever seen.

Lol PF your totally awesome.

Toyota MR-S 2ZZ
180BHP@6400rpm 214NM@4400rpm 980KG​

mr-s.jpg

Make: Toyota
Model: MR-S V Edition
Year: 03

Parts To Buy.
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Stage 1 Engine
Computer Chip
RC Suspension
Twin-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
S3 Tyres.

Aids: Off
Weight: None

Suspension
Spring Rate 7.8/8.2
Ride Hight 110/115
Damper
Bound 4/5
Rebound 6/7
Camber 2.0/1.8
Toe 0/0
Stabilizer 2/4

The MR-S is what I would consider the modern day AE86 except with out the hype or exposure. The only thing that was missing from the stock car was a decent engine. Preferably the 2ZZ engine from the Celica so we did it. The MR-S now has the heart it deserved, 180 bhp. On top of the 2ZZ plant we went ahead and installed TRD sports suspension and a tighter clutch and a lighter flywheel.

Replaces https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3076712&postcount=2

Last edited:
"Budget" S14 Silvia

IMG0000.jpg

305BHP@6000RPM 391.7 NM@4800RPM 1146KG​

Make: Nissan
Model: Silvia K's Aero
Year: 93

Parts To Buy.
Racing Exhaust
ECU (Chip Uprgrade)
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
SR Suspension
Stage 2 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Weight Stage 1
S3 Tyre's

Suspension
Spring Rate 3.4/3.8
Ride Hight 110/120
Damper 4/5
Camber 2.2/1.2

This nippy little Silvia was originally commsined as a budget built car but for N-Tune but the project was canceled. Thankfully this S14 was found at the back of the garage with a lot of the notes still in the car. Covered with dust we hit the track and made a few tweaks. This S14 now run's 305bhp from a bigger turbo and race spec intercooler. Brand new Nismo shocks where tweaked to keep the beast planted and it was fashioned with a new clutch and flywheel.

Here are the hard facts, It has 40 hp less then it's stable mate, White Sky, is quicker around a track and cheaper to boot.

Last edited:
N-Tune XK-ER Performance
uwdfgcovji.jpg

This car worried me a bit, because in standard form, it ways a fat bloke short of two tonnes, and here I am about to climb into a version designed for endurance racing. Let's hope it's not going to act like a huge barge and not go around corners.

We noticed two keys things right at the start of our test day. The first of them was the fact that our usual test track was being used for a classic car race, and so we weren't allowed on it all day. This was obviously an issue.
Secondly, we noticed that the doors didn't open and you had to climb in through the window. This really was a racer, it's just a shame that the big bloke on our engineering team didn't fit, although it gave the rest of us a laugh.

To solve the problem of tracks, we headed to somewhere where it's always open - the Nurburgring. If anything would push the Jag to it's limits, this would be the place. Obviously, I drove first.

The first thing I noticed while driving the car was it's brakes. They stopped very quickly, and very straight, making it easy if I forgot where the corner was or misjudged it's tightness.
It also turns in with a surprising amount of agility. OK, so it's not going to out-turn an Elise, but it was certainly no slouch. This was good.
The other fantastic thing about this car is that you can get 7 laps of the formiddable 'Ring on one set of tyres! The super-hard compound gives them incredible life.

Of course though, it's not quite perfect. If you get it wrong, fishtailing comes quickly and is also very hard to get out of, and there are a few moments of understeer, especially on high-speed corners, but overall, this car is pretty good.

8.5/10 for me.

N-Tune XK-ER Performance
you can get 7 laps of the formiddable 'Ring on one set of tyres!

I'm assuming you where using the optional R2 Tyre's on the car?

Anyway it sounds like you liked it. I'm happy to announce that the Jaguar took victory over the Americans at El Capitan today proving it's place in the Endurance races.

Also a lot of the handling problems go away when it's running S2's proving it's not a one trick pony and can dish it out in the sprints.

I'm assuming you where using the optional R2 Tyre's on the car?

Anyway it sounds like you liked it. I'm happy to announce that the Jaguar took victory over the Americans at El Capitan today proving it's place in the Endurance races.

Also a lot of the handling problems go away when it's running S2's proving it's not a one trick pony and can dish it out in the sprints.

The car we were sent actually had S1's on it, and I still managed 7 laps... just.
I imagine R2's would make it even better!

We've been hammering the Jag Enduo tune a bit lately. It's very good for such a minimalist tuning approach. But why racing brakes rather than BBC w/ regular brakes? I thought you'd get more 'play' from the BBC, enough to make the semi-redundant racing brakes unnecessary. My driver was introduced to the tune last night and loves it, especially after testing two others (not yours) that were somewhat below average.

After increasing the power we got a good Aspec value for GVS 300 (maybe 160-180?), but I wasn't testing, so I dunno about tyres etc.

I say this about most of your tunes, but I think it deserves a tranny.

We've only got about 200mi on it so far so more feedback (and requests for advice) will be forthcoming.

Thanks for a great car

"Budget" S14 Silvia

IMG0000.jpg

305BHP@6000RPM 391.7 NM@4800RPM 1146KG​

Make: Nissan
Model: Silvia K's Aero
Year: 03

Parts To Buy.
Racing Exhaust
ECU (Chip Uprgrade)
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
SR Suspension
Stage 2 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Weight Stage 1
S3 Tyre's

Interesting parts list there :lol:

Interesting because with the exception of your lack of a diff, VTiRoj's "Skyline Killer" S14 tune uses the exact same mods...

VTiRoj
Racing exhaust & air filter – Cr.4,500
Racing chip – --------------- Cr.1,000
Triple clutch –-------------- Cr.4,500
Racing flywheel --------------– Cr.900
Variable LSD –--------------- Cr.6,000
Carbon driveshaft –---------- Cr.2,500
Stage 2 turbine kit –------- Cr.12,500
Large racing intercooler –--- Cr.2,500
Semi-racing suspension kit –- Cr.7,000
Sports/Soft (S3) tyres –----- Cr.5,600
Weight reduction: stage 1 –-- Cr.1,000

And his is red, too. Perhaps a comparison of the two is in order?

EDIT: Oh but yours is an '03.. So it should be lots better right? (Just playing about and pointing out a typo)

@PF
I don't know why I ran racing brakes on that beast but as you said proven fact that racing brakes don't really do anything on sport tyres and that the Jaguar brakes amazingly well without them I probably don't need racing brakes or a BBC. I totally agree that the Jag needs a FC gearbox. I might start working on another project based of the Jaguar XJ-R that will use an FC Gearbox. In fact I might do that sooner rather then later.

@RJ.
You know what, I may have made a terrible mistake. You see I wrote a review of your Skyline killers and normally I sell my review cars but because I liked that car I think I kept it. Hopefully you'll understand that I didn't do this on purpose. Since it's the same car (Sorry) you'll find that I tried to tune out the oversteer that your car I remeber being famous for.

Sorry for unintentially flogging your car (although the suspension is different).

Ah well, there are so many cars already tuned in GT4. I don't think he will 'sue' you for it or something, since it isn't the exact same setup.

I personally wouldn't mind, but you will have to PM Roj for his reaction.

Anyway, good job with the garage. ;)

What the?! I leave for a few days and when I come back, I find my Silvia missing and under CamryFan's ownership! This is an outrage! :grumpy:

Nah I'm kidding, you're a nice guy and you made an honest mistake. I wont sue you as Vince said, as personally I dont mind either. :D:tup: At least you kept it the original colour. :P

Best of luck to your Silvia! :cheers: :P

What the?! I leave for a few days and when I come back, I find my Silvia missing and under CamryFan's ownership! This is an outrage! :grumpy:

Nah I'm kidding, you're a nice guy and you made an honest mistake. I wont sue you as Vince said, as personally I dont mind either. :D:tup: At least you kept it the original colour. :P

Best of luck to your Silvia! :cheers: :P

lol, Thanks for understanding. I love the convenient bold lettering there. Nice touch.

Black PROJECT​

Make: Jaguar
Model: XKR-R Performance
Year: 2002

Parts To Buy.
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Brake Balance Controller
Stage 3 N/A Engine Tuning.
Computer Chip
RC Suspension
FC LSD
FC Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
R2 Tyres

Suspension
Spring Rate 8.5/10.5
Ride Hight 108/112
Damper Bound 5/4
Damper Rebound 6/6
Camber 2/1
Stabilizer 5/5

LSD
Int: 10
Acc: 25
Dec: 5

BBC 5/5

Transmission
Default - Final - Auto
1st 2.750
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.465
4th 1.090
5th 0.852
6th 0.699

Final 3.525
Auto 15

I wanted to release at least one car before the end of the holidays so here it is. This car was commissioned after the Jaguar Endurance race wins at El Capitain and New York and in essence what it is, is a Jaguar sports cars based on the Endurance racer. It has 558 horsepower, 770NM of torque, it's the most aggressive and fastest car ever released at N-Tune, 200MPH. This brand new 'box will also be fitted to the Jaguar ER Racer.

Last edited:
Back