TCV5 HURRY THE HELL UP thread

Rotary Junkie

Premium
United States
Canton, MI
RJs_RX-7
What do we want/need changed?

Would power classes be worthwhile? I'm thinking 200, 280 and 350...

How do we want to go about judging this time?

Aaand so on.

Discuss.

Last edited:
I Think we could have a set year so we can see some wacky tunes:idea:

and we could have diffrent classes like drift cars, grip cars,race cars and N1 classes.

what do you think?

Drama needs to be taken out of the equation. Dedicated judges would be nice. Also. What about the possibility of anonymous tunes? As in we send them to someone and they get posted by someone else without the original tuners name in it until the very end? If that made sense, awesome, if not, please ask for clarification.

I like the anonymous tunes idea.

I don't understand the bit about the drama though, mind explaining what exactly you want me to do?

Nice one. I'm keen to make my catastrophic debut to the tuning circles with this one.

I'm unsure a bout power or pwr/wieight restrictions, I think we should jsut define the judging more so that the improvement to the car is the main object.

However, we should make different categories to keep it changing. How about having Euro/Japan/America incorporated? And what about N3? Should it be canned? I like it myself, but 3 is a fairly poor number of entries.

I like the anonymous tunes idea.

I don't understand the bit about the drama though, mind explaining what exactly you want me to do?

Well I think by having the tunes being anonymous, you could get rid of most of the drama. And as a side though that I just had. It would open up the doors to more tuners judging vehicles since they wouldn't be able to be biased towards a car. You could probably make it like a drawing of the hat thing too. where each judge would be assigned a few cars but not all of them. Would be quite the nightmare in terms of logistics but it could probably be done and have a very nice positive effect and lead to a nice competition.

Would power classes be worthwhile? I'm thinking 200, 280 and 350...
👍👍👍👍👍
SVX

and we could have diffrent classes like drift cars, grip cars,race cars and N1 classes.

what do you think?
👍 to the years. I liked the VTC because I could use an older car. :D Drifting, maybe not. Racing cars and N1 seem good though.
Drama needs to be taken out of the equation. Dedicated judges would be nice. Also. What about the possibility of anonymous tunes? As in we send them to someone and they get posted by someone else without the original tuners name in it until the very end? If that made sense, awesome, if not, please ask for clarification.

👍 to that too.

How about we do something different for TCv5, like... allowing people to enter 2 cars into a class if they so wish? I really want to re-enter my ol' NSX-R but then my M3 needs to make an impact in the S3 class too...

@ berga:
Drama needs to be taken out of the equation.

People round here seem to like the drama. Hence the number of mine>yours and this car>that posts. I think TCv4 went well, only one or two significant squabbles, no one B&, a few egos bruised and a few inflated.

I agree with you in theory, cause I'm no fan of online argy-bargy, but when in Rome...

SVX

what do you think?

I really like the idea of a home made race car category, it's never been done before plus I have a car to enter into it. I.e. No power limit, R3 tyres, wings encouraged.

Er, Paulie? It was done before, or have you forgotten the VTC?

That was a vintage race car category remember? I want a modern one.;) We even used R2 tyres in VTC. Modern race cars get R3.

I'd say yes to power classes but look at it more realistically, so make it 300hp, 400hp, 500hp and unlimited classes (for the 800hp monsters we build up). The hp limited series are restricted to S3's at best, the unlimited can get R2/R3's.

Dedicated judging is good, but those judges would have to forsake being a competitor for that section of the competition, something we've worked out is easier said than done.

Here's the problem:

The newer vehicles have a much larger range of worked outputs and general performance than the cars eligible for the VTC R2 class, to the point that either it'll be a one-horse parade or the cars will simply be pointless as they won't be at any specific specification without using very restrictive rules.

I think what we had was pretty good, I like limited power caps too. It will show what we can do with a low powered car, and might as well cap the weight too.

We should have a minimum power FF section. Something like 280min HP. Not a serious suggestion but some may like the idea.

As for judging, we seriously need to work out that issue because at the moment we only have 2 people judging RWD, and everyone's getting irritable about waiting for the results.

I think for fixing judging something like Mafs (I think it was) suggested; A group of 3 people judge all cars save their own, then those scores are added to the point total.

Since the 3 people doing this would only get two results for their cars, the average of those two results would count as the third.

The issue is, this makes blind judging impossible as it would become obvious who did what between at least the three judges.

I'd rather see classes like this..:
1500/1600cc FF/FR/MR NA/FI

1800/2000cc FF/FR/MR/AWD NA/FI

for first NA class power limit should be 180-200bhp and weight around 1000kg, for FI car power limit should be 230-250bhp and weight around 1250.

For the bigger class limits for NA cars would be 250-300bhp and ~1200kg and FI cars from 300bhp to 400 and ~1350kg.

The weights would be the minimum weights and powers are maximum allowed powers, making this more like FIA sanctioned event.

RJ, I really think that level of organisation is unnecessary. Have there been problems in the past with biased judgement? (I dunno, this is the first I've been in on) As long as all judges do their best to test blind or at least unbiased, it should be okay.

PF
RJ, I really think that level of organisation is unnecessary. Have there been problems in the past with biased judgement? (I dunno, this is the first I've been in on) As long as all judges do their best to test blind or at least unbiased, it should be okay.

Yeah I agree. I didn't test blind 'cause honestly I couldn't be bothered but I still feel that my judgements were unbiased. As for judging maybe we should institute a "if you post a tune, you judge the catagory" policy. I was torn between entering a vehicle and doing the judging.

Maybe we could
Have one type of car e.g:Like one for Supras one for Imprezas and one for Lancers and stuff like that

We Could have a rally car group and a body style one as well like coupes,wagons and sedans

What Do You Think?

Bugger, I forgot the most important part.

WE MUST HAVE DEDICATED TRACKS FOR THE CLASSES.

I mentioned on one post about the discrepancies b/w mine and nuro's and EWA11R's results, which I believe came down to the track. In RWd I had to mark down an excellent car because it had been tuned for a very different track.

I like what the others have been saying.

Leo's suggestion of limiting engine size is alright, but then you have the rotor's dominating the lower cc events and nothing but Zonda's and SLR McLaren's in the higher classes. Some classes would be restricted to only a couple of choices possibly if the restrictions were too tight.

RJ, the problem with doing an average for the 3rd judge is that the score will stay the same from the first two judges. For example:
If scores were 80 & 76 = 156. The average is 78. If you add that 78 on it becomes 234, which is still 78pts. The 3rd score therefore becomes redundant. What we truly need is 4 judges. 3 to judge eachothers, and a 4th unentered judge to be that 3rd judge for those people.

RJ, the problem with doing an average for the 3rd judge is that the score will stay the same from the first two judges. For example:
If scores were 80 & 76 = 156. The average is 78. If you add that 78 on it becomes 234, which is still 78pts. The 3rd score therefore becomes redundant. What we truly need is 4 judges. 3 to judge eachothers, and a 4th unentered judge to be that 3rd judge for those people.

The 4th unentered would be better served as yet another full judge though.

The reason for including the average of the two is because the group of three's results will not be the ONLY results and therefore a placeholder is needed.

And the RX-8 would go with the 2L NA then...

In which case the only possible competition for it would be the S2000.

N/A Silvias? So then you're not going to do a race car category? For the race cars have a mininum power limit like 550hp to make it interesting.....

N/A Silvias? So then you're not going to do a race car category? For the race cars have a mininum power limit like 550hp to make it interesting.....

Well no, in terms of power, nothing around the 2L class comes close to the RX-8 or S2000.

Race cars are iffy atm.

Back