Austra-Manx Motorsport Tuning, updated 12-09-09 with AMMT 2002!

• Thread starter senamic
  • 220 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK then. First up the BMW 330i Endurance AMMT1. This car was based around the 330d ret-mobile racer in BBC Top Gear. The aim was to 200 a-spec el capitan 200 miles endurance and on the whole we are thoroughly satisfied with the build. The stock stats are as follows:
Engine:L6 DOHC
Displacement: 2996cc
Power: 254BHP/6600 RPM
Torque: 221.32 ft.lb/ 2500-4000 rpm
Dimensions: 4520x21817x1424
Weight: 1525 kg
Drivetrain: FR
Cost: Cr 48,040

We set to work modifying this car and the end result is as follows

Parts list
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
N/A Tuning Stage 1
Racing Brakes
Racing Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Stiffness
Wing
Fully Customisable LSD
New Wheels (Optional)
S1 and S3 tyres.

We then set to work tuning with the final results being this.

Suspension:
Spring rate=f10.4 r9.0
Height=f90 r92
Dampers Bound=f6 r7
Dampers Rebound=f5 r6
Camber=f2.0 r1.0
Toe=f-1 r1
Stabilizers=f5 r5

Downforce
Front=24 Rear=30

LSD
Initial Torque=20
Acceleration=30
Deceleration=20

Transmission
Click Default, then adjust auto settings, then final, then individual gears.
1st:3.777
2nd:2.592
3rd:1.913
4th:1.479
5th:1.298
6th:1.016
Final:3.150
Auto:11

This in total costs us Cr.196,490. We took our little Beamer to El Capitan Endurance and well, we got 200 a-spec points on S1 tyres against the following field (not in order):
330i1.jpg

Lotus Motorsport Elise
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
TVR T350C
TVR Cerbera Speed 6
Shelby Series 1 Supercharged
Us.
Traction off the line was not savoury and as we hurtled over the bridge this is how things looked.
330i2.jpg

Never fear, within a few corners we had the T350C
330i3.jpg

The next corner felled the Shelby
330i4.jpg

And then the Benz in the tunnel
330i5.jpg

And coming over the hill I took the Speed 6 and Elise at the same time
330i6.jpg

So I had decimated the field for 200 a-spec on the first lap. But it didn't get boring. This car is great on S1s or S3s. On S3s it will give you INSANE amounts of traction, unless you are someone who leadfoots from a standing start. But honestly, it gives you grip until you think it will let go.. and then you get EVEN MORE! On S1s, on the other hand, you can fulfill all of your powersliding fantasies. Please feel free to review.
Oh, and the stats after the tune were:
Engine: Same
Displacement: Same
Power: 320BHP/6600rpm
Torque:271.74 ft.lb/2500-4000rpm
Dimensions: Same
Weight: 1265kg
Happy hunting!
AMMT

Last edited:
There is no post here. None whatsoever. You must be mistaken...

AMMT

Last edited:
G'day mate, and welcome to the world of tuning.:cheers: I don't actually run a garage in GT4 any more (I'm over on GT5:P), but I like the idea behind your Bimmer.👍 I almost like your presentation as well, but my advice, make your settings a little clearer and easier to read, it's just one solid block of text at the moment.:boggled:

Nice looking start, good sir. Very similar to the ideology and presentation in ETZ so maybe I'm biased but I agree with Paulie that a little formatting on the hardware and settings would make things shine that little bit brighter 👍.

OK. I'll work on a way of refining the template. Does anyone have enough time to test one of the cars.
PS. More tunes to come soon, just need to do the write ups

Last edited:
Coming Next week: Saleen S7 Sprint AMMT1 and Honda S2000 Type V Endurance AMMT 1.
Happy Hunting

Last edited:
Hey mate just noticed your lineup. Will be happy to test the DB9. Must warn you though that ETZ's version is probably in my top 3 favourites, so yours may come off second best. I've just printed it off and will put in a few laps this arvo.

Welcome to gtp and good luck with the garage.

EDIT: a few problems with numbers. First, I'm presuming it's the '03, not '02 as mentioned. The numbers for the gears do not work, maybe you've typed in the wrong order? Also, ride height does not get down to 83mm. Am I using the right car?

EDIT EDIT:, oops, meant to edit that not make a new post

Last edited:
Will ammend PF. Sorry, I will be ironing out problems in the garage as it is a work in progress.
Additionally, for noticing the mistake you may pick a car for me to tune. PM me and we can negotiate what cars to use

Last edited:
OK then, next up in our list willl be the Saleen. Think of some slidey action for this sprinter:scared:

Last edited:
Hey Senamic I like the story's you do with the tunes:tup:👍

Thanks man. We aim to please. If you wish, feel free to reveiw one of the cars in our garage. Once it is reviewed we can organise some possible tune that you want specifically, which will then be added to the thread.
IN THE NEWS
The Saleen will be up by next Sunday, but we will be removing our S2000 from the headlines while we do more work on it. And to replace our USELESS budget line up, we will be introducing a new section: kit cars! Think small, lightweight cars with multiple tuning varieties off the one chassis, or classics made to perform like modern cars and that will give you and idea.
Happy Hunting!!
AMMT

Last edited:
AMMT Presents...
The AMMT S7 Sprint!
OK then, our first sprinter. This was a fun car to make as it is all about high speed, with oversteer and understeer and all the other steers thrown in fo good measure. We started with a Saleen S7 from the USA showroom and took it to our test circuit, Motorland

Reverse. There it ran a very nice time of 46.848 seconds from a standing start. Not bad, but our garage felt there was some room for improvement. I mean, we all had this from the S7 and we don't want it quite so much:
IMG0030.jpg

First, the Parts.

Parts List

Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully customisable Transmission
Fully customisable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Stiffness
N1-R3 Tyres (for choice. We reccomend the S3s or R3s)

We then spent a night (or eight) at the pub er...garage, producing the following settings

Brakes
Front: 4
Rear: 5

LSD
Initial Torque: 10
LSD Acceleration: 29
LSD Deceleration: 21

Suspension
Spring Rate: front:16.0 rear:13.6
Ride Height: front:70 rear:75
Damper Bound: front:5 rear:5
Damper Rebound: front:6 rear:7
Camber: front:2.0 rear:1.0
Toe: front:0 rear:0
Stabilisers: front:5 rear:4

Trans
The usual rules apply

Auto: 11
Final: 3.200
1st: 3.554
2nd: 2.306
3rd: 1.650
4th: 1.238
5th: 0.972
6th: 0.770

Driving Aids
Oh, come on. Do we still have to put this up. Oh well, no aids.

We then returned to Motorland Reverse, and found out that our test driver posted a spectacular lap. 41.865 from a standing start! A STANDING START! This car had such personality, it will get slidey, pretty obvious from a 700bhp+ hypercar! But here were some of the pics we took on the day:
A little bit of a slide around turn 8
IMG0029.jpg

A poised slide one way...
IMG0027.jpg

....And the other
IMG0031.jpg

We like these two personally... They show the car on the (small) straights doing what it does best: going fast!
IMG0028.jpg

And our favourite... so poised, so ready to strike
IMG0026.jpg

Happy Hunting!
AMMT

Last edited:
And VERY SOON... The Kit Car Revolution Begins!:boggled::boggled:💡:boggled::boggled:

AMMT

Last edited:
Welcome to the dawning of a new era for the staff at AMMT. We sat in the boardroom one day and, while we had greatly enjoyed our current pitch so far, we thought that we needed a third, much more different division. So we thought about it for a while and then it hit us...

:drool:KIT CARS!:drool:

We aimed to make a kit car division to defeat all others (at the point of writing, what others?) and decided on the MO of this new section. We aim to build from the bases of:
Cars that are lightweight, sleek, and/or BONKERS
And/Or
Classics that others have made into kits (think 427s and E-types)

We aim to make many, many cars off each kit, and deliver performance that is realistic and effective, as well as cars that cater to different Price brackets.
Bases we are currently working on:
ZZ-S:
IMG0042.jpg

ZZ-X Entry Level
IMG0040.jpg

ZZ-XXX
ZZ-II
IMG0047.jpg

AMMT ZZII-R
Elise Sport 190:
IMG0045.jpg

Elise Sport 190-LW
E-Type
Spitfire
Elise Type 72
Elise 111S

AMMT

Last edited:
AMMT ZZ-X: The Entry Level AMMT
301bhp Kit Car
IMG0042.jpg

Parts List

Tommy Kaira ZZ-S (base car)

Weight reduction Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Stiffness
N1-S3 tyres (for sprint racing, use S3s. Otherwise, use what you want)
Semi Racing Exhaust
ECU engine Chip
Stage 2 Turbo
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
Trip Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Wing (Straight Type BB)
New Wheels ( for red ZZ-Xs use Enkei 041, blue use Enkei 029, green and silver use Enkei 047)

Tuning Set up

Suspension

Spring Rate: Front=11.0 Rear=13.5
Ride Height: Front=80 Rear=85
Damper Bound: Front=4 Rear=5
Damper Rebound: Front=7 Rear=8
Camber Angle: Front=3.0 Rear=1.5
Toe Angle: Front=1 Rear=-1
Stabilisers: Front=5 Rear=4

Downforce

Front:24
Rear:30

LSD

Initial Torque:10
LSD Acceleration:25
LSD Deceleration:15

Brakes

Front:5
Rear:4

Transmission

Same procedure as always...

Auto:14
Final:4.000
1st:2.521
2nd:1.734
3rd:1.303
4th:1.010
5th:0.835
6th:.0700

Driving Aids

We don't need no, Driving Ai-aids.

The Stats
0-60: 4.8 Seconds
0-100: 8.9 seconds
0-100-0: 12.5 seconds
Maximum Speed: 184MPH
IMG0043.jpg

Tommy Kaira made the ZZ-S in the hope of producing a successful lightweight, low hp car for the track or road. In general he did very well, but we thought that the ZZ-S had a higher calling- as a base for kit cars!
This is the "Entry Level" ZZ-S kit, the ZZ-X. This is the car that can be driven every day, then taken to a track and be able to keep you in fear of your life, and all safely! We will not suggest a series to enter it in, once you make it, it is your car, to build upon and do what you will. We tweaked with it a lot, meaning that while it has a paltry 301bhp, it will accelerate quickly, due to the fact it weighs about 5kg. It eats corners for breakfast, with our little stallion gulping our Motorland Reverse test track form start to finish in a bored 46.435 seconds. The original can only do it in 50.066 seconds! We also took this car onto the open road, and found that while the ride is not like a Bentley's, it puts other kits like Caterhams and Westfields to shame. This is the cheapest kit, so expect the cheapest performance in terms of your lap time. But don't expect cheap workmanship. This is mental when you want it to be, calm when required, and fun the whole way. Mr Bang, meet Mr Buck.

AMMT

Last edited:
AMMT ZZ-XXX: Bonkers!
353bhp:drool: Kit Car Monster
IMG0040.jpg

Parts List

Tommy Kaira ZZ-S (base car)

Weight reduction Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Stiffness
S1-R3 tyres (for sprint racing, use R3s. Otherwise, use what you want)
Racing Exhaust
ECU engine Chip
Stage 3 Turbo
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
Trip Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Wing (Straight Type BB)
New Wheels ( for red ZZ-XXXs use Enkei 041, blue use Enkei 029, green and silver use Enkei 047)
IMG0033.jpg

Tuning Set up

Suspension

Spring Rate: Front=11.5 Rear=14.0
Ride Height: Front=80 Rear=82
Damper Bound: Front=4 Rear=5
Damper Rebound: Front=7 Rear=8
Camber Angle: Front=3.0 Rear=1.5
Toe Angle: Front=1 Rear=-1
Stabilisers: Front=5 Rear=4

Downforce

Front:25
Rear:30

LSD

Initial Torque:10
LSD Acceleration:20
LSD Deceleration:10

Brakes

Front:5
Rear:6

Transmission

Same procedure as always...

Auto:12
Final:4.000
1st:2.608
2nd:1.814
3rd:1.402
4th:1.110
5th:0.880
6th:.0700

Driving Aids
Not if you don't want your console to disappear in the middle of the night....
IMG0039.jpg

The Stats
0-60:4.2 seconds
0-100: 8.3 seconds
0-100-0: 10.9 seconds
Maximum Speed: 194 MPH
IMG0034.jpg

OK then, this is a monster. We took our ZZ-S to make the ZZ-X Entry Level as a better car, so now we take our ZZ-X EL to make this as a better car. We gave it more POWER, and to cope we had to place this hypercar on racing tyres. Don't think it won't take Sports tyres, it will, in fact S3s are nice on it. But don't expect the same precision as on the Racing Tyres. We tested it at our usual facility and, well numbers don't lie:

ZZ-S: 50.066 seconds
Our ZZ-X EL:46. 435 seconds
Our ZZ-XXX: 40.084 seconds!!!

This car is our kit car flagship model, and we have already conquered several racing leagues with it. It proves that 4 cylinders can giv a lot of fun, and that you don't need a supercar for super speed. Test it today, and review. If you survived!
IMG0041.jpg

AMMT

Last edited:
SaberFire's review of AMMT's BMW 330i
---
This garage recently piqued my interest, and one car in particular caught my eye. For me, endurance racing usually requires a rather more subdued and comfortable car rather than a barebones purpose built racer, as odd as this may sound.
BMW's have always presented themselves in two ways to me. On the one side of things, most of their cars are built for ride quality and quality itself. But beneath almost their entire line up, there's the other side that never fails to bring excitement to a rather sombre race.

The 330i is a car I wouldn't actually mind driving for 200 miles stock. Thus, when I looked at the line up of cars AMMT has to offer, I couldn't help but take a test drive of their interpretation of how a 330i should be as an endurance spec racer.

The stock version always had a knack of keeping the most exciting part of the cars' ability to the lower gears, where traction would slip and the car would enter a slide. Yet, it always knew where to draw the mark at fun and dangerous, and never did it spin out on me.

So, eager to test it out, I kitted up my stock car and took it to the track.
I'm pleased to say that the personality of the car remained. Unless you have a feather touch, there will be a lot of wheelspin off the grid, and this didn't bode well at first. But when the car suddenly gained traction halfway through second gear, it all became well again. The car still turned on the head of a pin even through turns at high speeds. And when it matters, on S3 tires will not fail you, as the amount of traction given through corners is rather impressive given the tendancy for wheelspin.

Not to say that there weren't any accidents, though. Unfortunately, there come times where it is necessary to venture into first gear, and at this gear, the car is very, very prone to spinning out. The power in this car is great, if a little unwieldy.

All in all, I rather like the tune, but there may be room for a little improvement. Perhaps some LSD tweaking, gear ratio adjustments or some ballast in the rear to correct the wheelspin problems.
But overall, I'd give this tune a 7/8 out of ten. It's a good tune, just rough around the edges. :D

One thing that's impressing me with your layout senamic is your 0-100-0 times, very unique and interesting to know for some rides. You could look into improving the braking distances of monsters like the Ford GT that slow down like a bobsled with no brakes!! :lol: I'm also liking the pictures you're putting up and the times at motorland, not too shabby at all. 👍

In the kit car category, are you going to look at the ZZ-II aswell, not just the ZZ-S?

SaberFire's review of AMMT's BMW 330i
---
This garage recently piqued my interest, and one car in particular caught my eye. For me, endurance racing usually requires a rather more subdued and comfortable car rather than a barebones purpose built racer, as odd as this may sound.
BMW's have always presented themselves in two ways to me. On the one side of things, most of their cars are built for ride quality and quality itself. But beneath almost their entire line up, there's the other side that never fails to bring excitement to a rather sombre race.

The 330i is a car I wouldn't actually mind driving for 200 miles stock. Thus, when I looked at the line up of cars AMMT has to offer, I couldn't help but take a test drive of their interpretation of how a 330i should be as an endurance spec racer.

The stock version always had a knack of keeping the most exciting part of the cars' ability to the lower gears, where traction would slip and the car would enter a slide. Yet, it always knew where to draw the mark at fun and dangerous, and never did it spin out on me.

So, eager to test it out, I kitted up my stock car and took it to the track.
I'm pleased to say that the personality of the car remained. Unless you have a feather touch, there will be a lot of wheelspin off the grid, and this didn't bode well at first. But when the car suddenly gained traction halfway through second gear, it all became well again. The car still turned on the head of a pin even through turns at high speeds. And when it matters, on S3 tires will not fail you, as the amount of traction given through corners is rather impressive given the tendancy for wheelspin.

Not to say that there weren't any accidents, though. Unfortunately, there come times where it is necessary to venture into first gear, and at this gear, the car is very, very prone to spinning out. The power in this car is great, if a little unwieldy.

All in all, I rather like the tune, but there may be room for a little improvement. Perhaps some LSD tweaking, gear ratio adjustments or some ballast in the rear to correct the wheelspin problems.
But overall, I'd give this tune a 7/8 out of ten. It's a good tune, just rough around the edges. :D
Thanks for the review Saberfire. I know that my tuning of first gear is far from perfect, but part of the idea of my endurance racers is that while the are no thoo challenging to drive, in a long race they don't get too... dull. The BMW was also the first proper tune that I ever did. As per the garage rules, feel free to PM a car that you want me to tune (preferably FR, MR, or 4WD, and within my categories). But nice review:tup:
One thing that's impressing me with your layout senamic is your 0-100-0 times, very unique and interesting to know for some rides. You could look into improving the braking distances of monsters like the Ford GT that slow down like a bobsled with no brakes!! :lol: I'm also liking the pictures you're putting up and the times at motorland, not too shabby at all. 👍

In the kit car category, are you going to look at the ZZ-II aswell, not just the ZZ-S?

Thank you Mafs, Customer satisfaction is the key. I will be reviewing some of your stuff soon (you may already know) but feel free to test some of my cars if you have time. At AMMT we appreciate all compliments and (constructive) criticisms. And on the ZZ-II, we are currently considering whether or not to tune it. It is too large too be a kit car, but the 4WD drivetrain suggests to us that it would be quite nice as a new endurance racer. It is funny that you mentioned it as we were going to be testing it soon!

Happy Hunting!

AMMT

Last edited:
Again, I gotta say nice work. I had a feeling you'd do alright but haven't had time to patronise the garage, am glad others are.

Thanks PF. Feel free to review any of the cars (I suggest the ZZ-XXX). Also, take a look at our garage's shop window (first post). This shows just some of the facelift that our garage will be undergoing to make it a more presentable, permanent fixture ;).

Happy Hunting!

AMMT

Last edited:
I suggest the ZZ-XX

meh, too quick for me. Pretty sure I did up the Aston DB9 so will do that one when I have time. Where do you get that Tommy Kaira thingy? Every bugger talks about it but it's not the sort of car I go for so I've never even seen it.

PF
meh, too quick for me. Pretty sure I did up the Aston DB9 so will do that one when I have time. Where do you get that Tommy Kaira thingy? Every bugger talks about it but it's not the sort of car I go for so I've never even seen it.

Japanese Showroom, Tommy Kaira Manufacturer. Their logo is Kaira's signature, it is a looks like this:
Tommy_Kaira.JPG

If it is too quick for you, why not try the entry level ZZ-X ;)

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB9 Endurance AMMT1

Note: I did my own gearing because it can't get the same gears that you got accept the final and Auto
there is one one word for this car and that is P E R F E C T!
That car is Perfect! its very very quick its got very quick handling response and it and it fell like a genuine Race Car! its so good that I didn't want to stop! I eventually stopped with 10 laps!:crazy:But there is one bad thing,if you have some oversteer sometimes it can be quite a mess other than that it is P E R F E C T! I give it a rating of 10/10

THank you SVX, I will check the gearing again! If you were to make a more in depth review, then I will give you a cookie :). Plus a tune for you (within my categories). But thank you for your kind words.

Happy Hunting!

AMMT

Last edited:
IN THE NEWS

The ZZ-II will be tuned! Prepare for the :nervous:apocalypse:nervous:. Also, we tune Korea.

Happy Hunting!

AMMT

Last edited:
Two ZZIIs planned at this current time, one for each turbo. The weaker variant is being a problem child, but the full power one, oh it is a beauty!

AMMT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back