GTP Cool Wall : Ferrari F430 2007 VOTE!

F430 2007

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
.:Ferrari F430 2007 suggested by DaddyVDUB:.

1304016117_53c2d9ff2c.jpg

Spec

Sorry the Spec is a link again but for some reason all the detailed specs I find won't paste into the thread.

Cool as a coupe, uncool as a convertible.

Looks OK, fast, handles well, over 100bhp per litre specific output, makes a lovely noise, plus it's Ferarri so has oodles of history and heritage. A bit of a cliche in red though, so I'll have mine in blue or dark grey.

Great car, sorry fantastic car. But..... you are always going to look like a nob driving a contemporary Ferrari, especially in red and especially a convertible. So unfortunately it's uncool. Unless it's a dark grey metallic F430 Scud with wheels caked in brake dust and a good layer of road grime on the body work - then it's borderline cool.

Sub zero as a coupe, but uncool as a convertible. I voted sub zero because it looks fantastic, sounds fantastic and also has a brilliant flappy-paddle gearbox.

F40 aside, there's just this over-riding suspicion that 8-cylinder Ferraris are a bit "try-hard". They're not cool. Sure, I'd love to have a go in one, and I wouldn't care what anyone thought of me, and if I had the money I might even buy one. But I probably wouldn't tell anyone.

Uncool.

Modern Ferraris are, for the most part, seriously uncool in my books. They were brilliant when they had some real soul and character but these days they've been ruined by trying to make them too perfect. They've also been ruined by the amount of people who become 'followers of Ferrari', who wear all of the clothing and buy all of the branded crap. I'm sorry but anyone driving one of these will look like a complete tit! They could have bought a mad supercar with soul and style and passion, instead they bought a fanboys' wet dream computer on wheels.

As much as I absolutely love the F430's looks and performance, [insert combination of TheCracker's and Moglet's comments about owner reputation].

I thought we were voting on the car itself, not if people who own them eat small children.

Ah well, can't change my vote now.

Modern Ferraris are, for the most part, seriously uncool in my books. They were brilliant when they had some real soul and character...

I voted Seriously Uncool for pretty much that exact same reason:tdown:

Last edited:
Cool as a coupe, seriously uncool as a 'vert. The sound adds points, big points.

I thought we were voting on the car itself, not if people who own them eat small children.

The people who drive the cars are a huge influence over the car's reputation, and in more ways than not, reputation is what decides coolness.

As for me, uncool. I think they did a poor job masking off little details of the 360, which was such a beautiful balanced car. They sound great, but that's about the only thing that great can describe on that car.

I voted cool, while many people in the car world may hold reservations about its coolness, to most other people its a Ferrari, thats about all that matters. Aside from that, it looks good, it sounds good and it goes fast I can happily say cool.

I voted cool. Long-winded explanation coming up.

Cool as a coupe, uncool as a convertible.

Sub zero as a coupe, but uncool as a convertible.

Cool as a coupe, seriously uncool as a 'vert.

Interesting. I'd be inclined to vote the convertible as the cooler car, because to my eyes at least, it's better looking. It's actually difficult for me to explain, but I think I actually still have this image of someone driving around Santa Monica or Cannes, top down and loud, brash Ferrari - an image that's all quite "OutRun" and therefore cool. On the other hand, there's the unfortunate fact that virtually every F430 Spider owner is a tool, which rather ruins the illusion. But based on the car itself, I'd say the convertible is cool.

I'm not a fan of the Berlinetta's styling (well, the F430's styling in general, but the Spider is nicer) and I personally see more Berlinettas than Spiders, so it's less cool for being more common.

Great car, sorry fantastic car. But..... you are always going to look like a nob driving a contemporary Ferrari, especially in red and especially a convertible. So unfortunately it's uncool.

I almost agreed, but still had to vote cool because I do sort of like the V8, mid engined Ferraris, even though they're driven by gits.

What I do like is that every time Ferrari replace their mid engined V8s, all the berks buy them and the older model falls into the hands of enthusiasts who couldn't afford them new. The 348 made the 328 cool, the 355 made the 348 cool, the 360 made the 355 cool, and now the 430 has made the 360 cool. All the footballers, knobs and snobs are driving the brand new car and not the older models! So the F430 is cool because it's made older Ferraris look even cooler in comparison.

Convoluted response, I know...

Uncool, cause I never could get used to it's bean shaped front intakes, among other odd styling features...
Though, an F430 Scud would get a solid Cool from me, since I find it much more attractive than normal F430's...

Cool. Being a Ferrari and all, it's a pretty sweet machine.

But for some reason Ferraris just don't do it for me anymore, similar to BMWs.

Subzero for me. Ugly, like many modern Ferraris... more functional than stylish... but it makes the right sounds, it has a neat engine and it goes like stink.

And in true italian fashion, you're given the additional excitement of possible death by fire. :lol:

We are.

Coolness for me isn't decided by who likes the car or not. A million stuck-up snobs + Poverty couldn't make the Porsche 911GT3RS uncool for me... :lol: so poseurs in Italian leather loafers lounging around in coffee shops don't affect my own opinion on the F430, in the slightest.

It's like saying I'd rather not drink Coke because everybody likes it... it must be over-rated.

I've voted cool. I like the design of the car. Also, is one of my favorite cars, but I like it more in dark gray.

Now THAT is a clever post.👍

Heres a little more "buisness end" shot of this little puppy.

Attachments

• novitec-ferrari-f430-tu-nero1[1].jpg
    novitec-ferrari-f430-tu-nero1[1].jpg
    60 KB · Views: 20
  • ferrari2[1].jpg
    ferrari2[1].jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1-novitec-ferrari-f430[1].jpg
    1-novitec-ferrari-f430[1].jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

The car itself determines the type of owner when it comes to these sorts of cars, though. Immensely boring car.

The car itself determines the type of owner when it comes to these sorts of cars, though. Immensely boring car.

I wouldn't agree that it's "immensely boring". That probably wouldn't be your opinion should you be given the opportunity to drive one. It's not particularly pretty, sure, but I'm sure it's an event to drive so that alone probably makes "boring" a bit wide of the mark.

Back