GTP Cool Wall : Ferrari F430 2007 VOTE!

F430 2007

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sub Zero! A true sports car which makes the most of it's V8! Sexy looks, engine noise and great interior! You have to try hard to not like this car! And to respond to Jim Prower- you, and many others, are voting uncool just because everyone else votes cool! Your'e just trying to prove that just because it's a Ferrari doesn't mean it's cool to you- which is o.k.- but give me one good reason that it is uncool. And as far as the "uncool owners" argument- apparantly every person who has more money than you and can afford these cars is uncool to some of you- which makes every sports car uncool to you. I sense immense amounts of jealousy here! Don't vote uncool because you'll never own one! -kevin

Last edited:
My sentiments pretty much exactly.

WOW Seems Ferrari evokes some strong emotions. The vote is not is it the coolest Ferrari ever,the vote is if this is a cool car or not. As stated earlier this car only fails the "cool" test" from a jealiously point of view. I dont own 1 will never own 1 but I am glad there is 1 that I can enjoy

The vote is not about what kind of people own one.
The ONLY way anyone can say it it not cool is to punish it for being a Ferrari.

OH And heck yeah kevinm I hear ya.!!!!

I wouldn't agree that it's "immensely boring". That probably wouldn't be your opinion should you be given the opportunity to drive one. It's not particularly pretty, sure, but I'm sure it's an event to drive so that alone probably makes "boring" a bit wide of the mark.

I meant in context, of course it's not a boring car in the big scale of things but compared to other supercars, it's just very generic IMO. Too much badge going on.

And as far as the "uncool owners" argument- apparantly every person who has more money than you and can afford these cars is uncool to some of you- which makes every sports car uncool to you. I sense immense amounts of jealousy here! Don't vote uncool because you'll never own one! -kevin

It's got nothing to do with that. I know a guy who used to have a Gallardo, he was a top bloke. I just prefer my supercars with a sense of theatre and drama. This Ferrari is stale. To quote Jeremy Clarkson;

"When designing a supercar, you can draw anything, you can let your imagination go wild. So why did they draw that?"

I meant in context, of course it's not a boring car in the big scale of things but compared to other supercars, it's just very generic IMO. Too much badge going on.

This I agree with. It's not as pretty as it's predecessor and it's even a little too clinical to me. There isn't as much theatre as there is with something like an Enzo, and years of much prettier V8 Ferraris have made the looks instantly fussy and unattractive.

But to me, as it's still a fantastic driving and sounding, mid-engined Ferrari, it's cool.

It's got nothing to do with that. I know a guy who used to have a Gallardo, he was a top bloke. I just prefer my supercars with a sense of theatre and drama. This Ferrari is stale. To quote Jeremy Clarkson;

"When designing a supercar, you can draw anything, you can let your imagination go wild. So why did they draw that?"

Agreed again.

It's nonsensical to dislike something simply through jealousy. If that were the case, I'd dislike 3-series BMWs and Lotus Elises, just because I have friends who own these cars and I'd rather like to own them myself.

It's also nonsensical to suggest that people are saying the car is uncool just to be "anti-establishment", which is essentially what kevinm suggested.

This kind of behaviour is almost paradoxical, because by suggesting that others are voting uncool to be anti-establishment and therefore "cool", they themselves are attempting to be cool for voting cool to become a minority, on the basis that the others who voted uncool become the "uncool" majority :sly:

I myself voted cool because I actually think the car is cool, not in order to be cool by going against the vocal majority saying it's uncool, assuming that they're doing it to be cool.

If you don't understand what I just wrote, then you're probably not drunk enough ;)

This kind of behaviour is almost paradoxical, because by suggesting that others are voting uncool to be anti-establishment and therefore "cool", they themselves are attempting to be cool for voting cool to become a minority, on the basis that the others who voted uncool become the "uncool" majority :sly:

I myself voted cool because I actually think the car is cool, not in order to be cool by going against the vocal majority saying it's uncool, assuming that they're doing it to be cool.

If you don't understand what I just wrote, then you're probably not drunk enough ;)

That's so complicated that you must be right! :) Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everybody who voted uncool is trying to show that they are more open-minded by not always voting cool, but it might be a factor. Whatever, though, I'm not trying to create drama-lol- it's just that I don't understand how the F430 could possibly be labeled uncool!! -kevin

By the way- does that make me uncool?? :):)

Last edited:
Sub-zero.

It's a modern Ferarri, which is both ugly and cool. It's extremely fancy. But that sound, that's what clenches it.

Anyone who thinks that your new Ferarri is a bit too obvious or stupid need only hear it once to know that you've bought something insanely awesome. But, it's the obvious kind of awesome, the kind normal people can really notice.

You must admit, normal people don't really impress from acceleration alone. A shouty car is what thrills onlookers.

Sub Zero! A true sports car which makes the most of it's V8! Sexy looks, engine noise and great interior! You have to try hard to not like this car! And to respond to Jim Prower- you, and many others, are voting uncool just because everyone else votes cool! Your'e just trying to prove that just because it's a Ferrari doesn't mean it's cool to you- which is o.k.- but give me one good reason that it is uncool. And as far as the "uncool owners" argument- apparantly every person who has more money than you and can afford these cars is uncool to some of you- which makes every sports car uncool to you. I sense immense amounts of jealousy here! Don't vote uncool because you'll never own one! -kevin

Because it's not a whole lot better than cars that cost a lot less...and I'm talking Porsches, not Corvettes and GT-Rs. Granted, if you can afford one, it all comes down to personal preference...and somehow I don't prefer a Ferrari to a Porsche...or, more directly, a Lamborghini.

Ferrari as a brand is overpriced, snooty, and altogether based around the idea of it's Formula-1 image. Besides, as told to me in the GT-R thread, this voting is entirely subjective.

And it sounds like two FIAT Fours Stuck together. (I know about the flat-plane crank, but if you think that sounds sexy, and you dont' think a four can sound sexy...)

Back