Top Gear Test Track

• Thread starter j8mie
  • 144 comments
Don't worry folks I'm not here to tell you that I've just read that the Top Gear test track is to be included in GT5.

I'm here to post up is a link to Jeremy Clarkson's online column on The Times newspapers website.

Link

There's not a great deal of news, but one interesting bit in paragraph 17. If what Jezza is saying is true, PD have only just started "mapping" out the Top Gear test track. And that was earlier this week. Seems like they have a great deal more work to do before GT5 is ready to be released. I'm not saying this gives us any idea of release date, or that this is not there first visit.

Just thought it might be interesting :)

If they're just now getting to the track, then I would expect 3-6 months to get it in the game, and get it released.

I would assume that this would've been done a long time ago, and that this visit was more for familiarization and perfecting what's already done. Kaz said they could release it at any time, which SHOULD mean that it's already mapped.

I don't know how long the turn around for tracks is, but we've heard that the cars take about 6 months from pics to gameplay.

Jeremy mentions doing some PR work while wearing the shirt, so perhaps it's more of a publicity and marketing trip, rather than mapping and charting.

Oh to be a fly on a PD wall.....

perhaps is coming as dlc, if the rumors are true (and should have been confirmed at e3 according to a certain amar ) then by the sounds of it if you buy the premium gt then you should be getting an amount of dlc

perhaps is coming as dlc, if the rumors are true (and should have been confirmed at e3 according to a certain amar ) then by the sounds of it if you buy the premium gt then you should be getting an amount of dlc

If it's done as dlc, would that mean it's only playable if you're online? Cuz that would suck, especially if I'm shelling out $80-100 for the premium version.

I thought that section looked more like Le Mans that the Test Track, imo.

Since when are you driving on a runway with... runway lights in Le Mans?
I liked my new T-shirt very much. I liked it so much that last week I wore it to the rehearsals of a Top Gear show, where everyone else liked it very much as well.

But after a while, as is the way with these things, everyone had seen it, everyone had had their giggle and everyone had asked where they might get one. So, soon, the joke has been lost in a desert of familiarity. And that’s why, later in the day, when I was approached by a group of Japanese people, I never gave my slogan a second thought.

It turned out they were there from the company that makes the incredible Gran Turismo computer racing game, and they were in England to map out and chart the Top Gear test track for inclusion in the next, even more realistic version. Of course, it was very important that I met the boss.

Naturally, there was much bowing, and a lot of accepting and presenting business cards with two hands. Obviously, I didn’t give him my business card because I don’t actually have a business. Or a card. But I found one in my pocket — from David Linley, the furniture maker, strangely — and gave him that. It didn’t matter. He couldn’t speak English. None of them could. Which is why they weren’t offended by my shirt.
This really doesnt mean theyve just started working on the track...

lol do you really think this is the first time they map out the top gear test track? Relax.
1 word: perfectionism

Anyone manage to find the picture that he mentions on the article?

670x377Image.jpg

Im inclined to think this will be DLC.

Have to say im surprised they have only got round to doing this but as I know very little about developing games, this might not take aslong as we think. Maybe the TT is already in the game and they are making the final checks!

Amazing how I delude myself!

it sounds like the test track is a sure thing, but now what options do you think it will open up to us

have your own board where you can put a car around the track once and see which cars are quicker

have the stig ghost car on it

quater miles down the run way

Clearly the test track was already made so don't worry, they could have been there to check for any changes or just generally talk to them about it or anything and JC just game the article the non detailed answer to why they were there. Obviously KY and crew stopped in after attending goodwood festival of speed.

JC said none of them could speak english but I am pretty certain at least the easily distracted translator guy would have been there.

IMO, i think the test track is exactly that,

Use any car you wish on the test track, There was a gt game that had the high speed test track the massive oval shaped track with the really long straights, where you could reach top speeds without a problem.

This one will be straights, turns etc,

And well if they have the drag strip too as it might seem in the teaser video then you will be able to test your car on there too.

Wasn't KY at Goodwood last week. I think it's a logistical thing that they've planned to coincide with his attendance at the Festival.

If they're just now getting to the track, then I would expect 3-6 months to get it in the game, and get it released.

Release date also depends on how many of those tracks are ready but it looks GT5 is far from finished. Of course trackmapping is only done to few tracks as we are likely to see most of the tracks have already appeared on previous games.

Naturally, there was much bowing, and a lot of accepting and presenting business cards with two hands. Obviously, I didn’t give him my business card because I don’t actually have a business. Or a card. But I found one in my pocket — from David Linley, the furniture maker, strangely — and gave him that. It didn’t matter. He couldn’t speak English. None of them could. Which is why they weren’t offended by my shirt.

Where was the infamous translator when needed :D

I feel like pics coming soon :sly: ... anyone?

Chris

Jeremy Clarkson does say that they were there to "plan and map out the test track". To me that sounds like it hasn't even been started yet. With this information I'm going to assume that GT5 won't be out this year.

Jeremy Clarkson does say that they were there to "plan and map out the test track". To me that sounds like it hasn't even been started yet. With this information I'm going to assume that GT5 won't be out this year.

or featured later DLC updates / packages...

Chris 👍

Let the speculation begin!!!!! Oh wait, it has already started.... :indiff::indiff:

Back