Top Gear Test Track

• Thread starter j8mie
  • 144 comments
Even Top Gear themselves confirmed that what we saw in the Trailer was the TG test track. And I think they'd know their own track when they see it...

Really? When?

It looks more like a bad word with C.

I could be wrong though.
I'll give you another clue - it's Jeremy Clarkson :D

I wonder if this isn't a jokey retort to Steve Coogan, who has been on the show a few times, but who also had a (brilliant) series called "Saxondale" in which he lampoons Clarkson, and has T-shirts made that say "He's a bit of a 🤬"

Um...why would KY be going out to do the track mapping? He has a dedicated team for that. Heres what happened, KY was already in England for the Goodwood Festival of Speed. They needed a publicity photo to show the connection between TG and GT. When Clarkson put that line in his article, he was simply advertising that the top gear test track will be in the game. Thats all. We are, as we always do on gtplanet, taking a small almost useless bit of info and running with it until its blown completely out of proportion.

bicycleshorts
DJW_GT
Even Top Gear themselves confirmed that what we saw in the Trailer was the TG test track. And I think they'd know their own track when they see it...
Link/source please?

Havent got a link, but it has been mentioned on Top Gear's website a couple of times now, and a few more mentions in the magazine.

Basically every time GT5 is mentions, they add end the piece with something like "and you will be able to take to the Top Gear test track in the game"

Pretty sure I've seen it mentioned in the gaming press as well.

I was actually thinking if they are mapping the track out this late (I'm not starting any war here, I don't care if they've mapped it before) then it will be released as DLC like Dijital Majik said. It would be nice if it was the first ever pack to be released, a couple of weeks after the game's launch.

I was actually thinking if they are mapping the track out this late (I'm not starting any war here, I don't care if they've mapped it before) then it will be released as DLC like Dijital Majik said. It would be nice if it was the first ever pack to be released, a couple of weeks after the game's launch.

Good point, are they maping it for tune up, OR they just started to work on it
(please god damn it no!)

Wow!!
I had no idea this thread would become so "heated" so quickly lol

My feelings on the E3 trailer is that it was just some generic drag strip and not the Top Gear test track. If PD have not yet been to the TGTT before I don't think it will take them long to make this track, as there's not much there. It's just an old airfield, with a few hangers in the background. I suspect PD are very good at surveying tracks by now, they've done quite a few over the years.

If we believe KY about him being able to release GT5 any time soon/when he wants, having the TGTT in the "first" release wouldn't be a priority as it will just be a test track. It's a figure of 8 no so possibility of being able to race on it, so it would surely be a lower priority. It will probably be added as some form of DLC at a later date, so I doubt it would put the release of GT5 back in anyway.

Or maybe they have been there before, and as they were in the UK (for the Goodwood Festival of Speed) they would go back just to double check some stuff. Jezza doesn't live at the track, so it's possible they've been there before and he's not known about it.

Oh, and the word on his t-shirt does being with C and end in T. By all accounts his wife bought it for him lol

:)

How much sense would it make to announce that a track is going to be in a game, wait almost 2 years and then map it...

To the geniuses that keep asking why PD just got to the airfield, can you point out where Clarkson states that this whole ordeal happened recently?

I mean I'm sure you wouldn't be pulling facts from the air, right?

Im not even impressed with their track. Do you guys want it just because its on TV? there are a lot of tracks that are a lot better than that on.

As for "the stig," I watched him crash a CCX, so either the CCX sucks or he sucks.

To the geniuses that keep asking why PD just got to the airfield, can you point out where Clarkson states that this whole ordeal happened recently?
Well, Clarkson said that he was wearing it on the rehearsals of a Top Gear show last week and that then PD came for the TGTT, the whole story is about his T-shirt and the word on it and he is apologizing for that (they were probably taking pictures with him and Kaz) which you can read it in the last paragraph...

Im not even impressed with their track. Do you guys want it just because its on TV? there are a lot of tracks that are a lot better than that on.

As for "the stig," I watched him crash a CCX, so either the CCX sucks or he sucks.
we (car lovers) have been watching Top Gear for a long time and having their track is a gran turismo videogame is a privilege.
Why do I need it? To test the cars I get in the game, see what lap times I can make and compare them with the real ones made by The Stig.
No comment for the last part of your message, you dont even deserve an answer.

Last edited:

I guess you missed this post I made a page earlier:

Sure, it's not the most exciting track in the world, but it's iconic. We want to do our very own power laps, we want to be able to compare our times to The Stig (even if we'll most likely be multiple seconds faster) and we want to lap the circuit in a reasonably priced car just like in Top Gear.

IsmokeGT
Yes, because nobody else has ever crashed a car before.

Even if you don't care for the actual track and doing power laps, look at the free space we have to fool around in? Even if you donx't care for TG that alone makes it worth while.

Jay
Even if you don't care for the actual track and doing power laps, look at the free space we have to fool around in? Even if you donx't care for TG that alone makes it worth while.

Thats a good reply, case solved.

Well, Clarkson said that he was wearing it on the rehearsals of a Top Gear show last week and that then PD came for the TGTT, the whole story is about his T-shirt and the word on it and he is apologizing for that (they were probably taking pictures with him and Kaz) which you can read it in the last paragraph...

Yes, so no one can wear a shirt more than once. He never specified when he met Yamauchi.

You can also conveniently ignore the fact that the flight line was shown in the E3 trailer.

Also Ismoke seems to be an expert racer, so i wouldn't question him and his criticism of the Stig. Personally, I think we should all make similar posts such as *blank* sucks. Doesn't come off as a 12 year old Xbox Live veteran at all.

Jay

What about Daytona??

Because its on a corny TV show doesnt make it iconic. Its almost like saying Steve Urkel was an Icon because he was on TV
http://www.kellie-williams.com/zfoto_fm4.htm

"Do you have any cheeeese?" LMFAO!

Last edited:
What about Daytona??

Because its on a corny TV show doesnt make it iconic. Its almost like saying Steve Erkel was an Icon because he was on TV (look him up!)

This man has won his argument. Let him be. How dare they add a certain track.

What about Daytona??

Because its on a corny TV show doesnt make it iconic. Its almost like saying Steve Urkel was an Icon because he was on TV
http://www.kellie-williams.com/zfoto_fm4.htm

"Do you have any cheeeese?" LMFAO!

What about Daytona? we already have it.... I am pretty sure most people would rather mess around on a runway with many taxiways then find flat spots of Daytona to mess around on.

Hmmm

Top Gear
Designed by Lotus, the layout of the track is designed to put the car through various conditions, ranging from provoking understeer to testing brake balance and tyres. It is about 1.75 miles (2.82 km) in length, and the track is considered to be an equaliser for cars.

Sounds like the perfect track for GT if you ask me

Latest Posts

Back