GTP Cool Wall: Ford SportKa. Voting Open!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 183 comments

SportKa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2003-2006 Ford SportKa suggest by Jondot :.

301jcbo.jpg

Specs:
Engine: 1.6 Duratec SOHC 8v
Power: 93bhp (94.3PS) @ 5500RPM
0-60: 9.7 secs
Top speed: 108mph
Weight: 934kg (2059lb)
Drive type: FF​

Cool. It's a small, European hatchback. Aside from the rear of the car look quite odd I like the styling too.

I voted seriously uncool. I've always disliked the ka. It doesn't really have anything going for it in my opinion. I think it's quite hideous too.

Cool. Ford took boring, asthmatic hypermini and made it perky little shopping trolley with sporty intentions.

Cool. A Euro hot hatch with a manual transmission and blue paint, how is it not cool? I'd rock it.

Uncool. It's still a Ka. Granted I have pretty much zero knowledge of the car aside from having ridden in one a few times five years ago.

Epically uncool, in every way... if this doesn't end up as seriously un-cool on the wall I'm going to loose faith in this forum, and if that happens, then I may start to question my belief even in the entire world of GT, infact, if the Ka gets voted cool then I'll be sooo shocked I might turn to budhism and move to Tibet to get away from all the wrongs in the world.

Epically uncool, in every way... if this doesn't end up as seriously un-cool on the wall I'm going to loose faith in this forum, and if that happens, then I may start to question my belief even in the entire world of GT, infact, if the Ka gets voted cool then I'll be sooo shocked I might turn to budhism and move to Tibet to get away from all the wrongs in the world.

Might i ask why you think it's so desperately uncool?

If I was girl I would vote cool. Last time I checked(which was a couple minutes ago) I was not, therefor Seriously Uncool.

Tibet seems a little far. Can I recommend Huddersfield?

Generally people that aren't secure with their masculinity find small cars rather intimidating. Usually the ones that have issues eating vegetables longer than 3 inches.

Last edited:
I can't in all good concience vote sub-zero or cool, knowing Jon bought one.
But then I can't bring myself to vote uncool or seriously uncool.

Undecided.

Pretty cool. I mean, not really in the freezer, not really in the fridge, but has a few pieces of ice put in it. On Strong Bad's Cold Ones scale, this is pretty much a One.

It's a pretty nice little car, from what I hear, Looks good to me...

I'd drive it. and call it "Bill." or maybe "Ben." Seems like a cheeky little guy to me.

I can't in all good concience vote sub-zero or cool, knowing Jon bought one.
But then I can't bring myself to vote uncool or seriously uncool.

Undecided.

If it helps, I haven't yet. It's sitting on the forecourt until my insurance certificate comes through.

If it helps, I haven't yet. It's sitting on the forecourt until my insurance certificate comes through.

Then it will be cool for a few days.

Or until the postal strike is over.

It is badly proportioned, its details are ugly, as an overall design it is awkward, it is mostly driven by learner drivers and very old people, but very rarely by car people, it is slow, it is ugly and it is also ugly, it is also quite slow, its quite ugly too, its also quite small in a cramped fashion, its ugly from every angle. I cannot see one single desireable point of this car, if I was offered one for less than a hundred quid I might consider it, but I'd go out with a bag over my head, and if it were to cost over £100, then there are hundreds of cheap but faster, cheap but better looking, cheap but more practical and cheap (as in cheaper to own) cars on eBay.

Added to that my inherant dislike for European Ford products, my ingrained dislike for hatch backs, and my inbuilt aversion to FWD... and this is one biblically hateful car in my opinion

Tibet seems a little far. Can I recommend Huddersfield?

'Uddersfield.. not a place that most associate with peace and tranquility is it?

Generally people that aren't secure with their masculinity find small cars rather intimidating. Usually the ones that have issues eating vegetables longer than 3 inches.

LOL, yeah, except the Ka isn't intimidating, a Unimog is intimidating - a Ka is for laughing at.. I don't doubt that men who own one are comfortable with their sexuality, but I'd always be suprised if it was of the hetro variety! Besides, I love carrots, especially these ones ;)

carotte.jpg

And please don't take this rant perosnally anyone who's got one, I have a 1983 BMW 520i, feel free to take this 🤬 if you want

ugly awkward slow ugly ugly slow ugly small ugly

Added to that my inherant dislike for European Ford products, my ingrained dislike for hatch backs, and my inbuilt aversion to FWD... and this is one biblically hateful car in my opinion

And yet no part of that is a barrier to it being cool...

And yet no part of that is a barrier to it being cool...

errm, IMO it does, it has NO redeeming features, there is nothing about the Ka that coolness can even begin to latch on to. I'm happy to admit that a bad product can still trigger something in someone that makes them see past all its faults and love it anyway, but for me... the KA is devoid of any... ermm, well anything..

.. personaly opinion of course.

'Uddersfield.. not a place that most associate with peace and tranquility is it?

No, but it is conveniently cut off from the modern world.

I don't doubt that men who own one are comfortable with their sexuality, but I'd always be suprised if it was of the hetro variety!

Can't argue with that, I suppose...

errm, IMO it does, it has NO redeeming features, there is nothing about the Ka that coolness can even begin to latch on to. I'm happy to admit that a bad product can still trigger something in someone that makes them see past all its faults and love it anyway, but for me... the KA is devoid of any... ermm, well anything..

.. personaly opinion of course.

...but I can argue with this. And will.

I think it's fair enough to state that it's not to your tastes, but the Ka is widely regarded as one of the best handling small cars around. And regardless of personal preference, it's fair to say that it's oozing with character. And it's well priced, basic (and therefore cheap and easy to repair) without feeling too cheap.

If you want to talk about a car that's devoid of 'anything', I give you the Nissan Pixo:

nissan-pixo_460x0w.jpg

...but I can argue with this. And will.

If you want to talk about a car that's devoid of 'anything', I give you the Nissan Pixo:

Sorry, but to my eyes the Pixo is no different to the Ka, they may aswell be the same car, yes they look different, but still, .... nothing, no positive emotional response at all.

... I will clarify a remark I made above though, I refered to the Ka as a bad product, this may be unfair, I'm aware that it is well regarded for what it is, I just don't like what it is. I still fail to see what aspect of this car is cool, if it were a card in a deck of Tom Trumps, what would it win on?

I'm aware that it is well regarded for what it is, I just don't like what it is.

You've lost me. I thought you said it wasn't 'anything'... :boggled:

I still fail to see what aspect of this car is cool, if it were a card in a deck of Tom Trumps, what would it win on?

Well again, that's not really the way of finding either a cool car, nor in fact a good one. Figures are one thing, how the car actually feels to drive (or more importantly how it makes you feel) are far more important than winning a BHP battle by a fraction.

...and as for coolness, well... I'm not going to contest that as it's more your opinion than anything else. But I'd suggest you don't start throwing around accusations of it being a 'bad car' when you're basing that purely on an image you believe it has. Or rather doesn't have ;)

LOL, yeah, except the Ka isn't intimidating, a Unimog is intimidating - a Ka is for laughing at.. I don't doubt that men who own one are comfortable with their sexuality, but I'd always be suprised if it was of the hetro variety!

Do you think all men who drive small cars are a bit ginger beer? Driving a Ka doesn't really make you any more or less of a switch hitter, it's transport and probably provides the driver with some enjoy while they are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back