Kaz-"...single hit your car isin't going to be able to be driven anymore" YAY or NO?

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 155 comments

Your GT5's damage setting.

• Total voters

Kryz11

We are all one mind.
Premium
NoxNoctisUmbra
I just got copy of GAME INFORMER and some new GT5 info about damage and bit of exact words from Kaz..

Kaz mentions you will be able to bend suspension arms, tires hitting the wheel wells of cars, and deformation of the body affection alignment. (so GT4s alignment fix option will be even greater in GT5!) as well engine power loss! And one hit to end a race!
On top of that seems that there will be a setting for damage sensitivity, so I think you can turn it On to mid, to high to realistic..

Here is exact KAZ's quote
"The damage physics are going to be applied to things like a bent suspension arm, tires hitting the wheel wells of a car, deformation of the body affecting alignment, the loss of power to the engine."

"We're actually still working on setting the sensitivity level of the damage. You can have it so if you have a single hit your car isn't going to be able to be driving anymore. It's a matter of adjustment."

Will you set the settings to ONE big hit end of race?
Medium damage settings (FM3 style)
Light (NFS arcade styel damage)
NO Damage ( GT4 style )

You can read the article right here

Last edited:
I choose medium, let's face it.. sometimes the AI cause accidents. In the game world, that may or may not be realistic [or fun], but it sure is frustrating.

One big hit and you just totaled your precious Enzo, Kaz you're THE MAN!

I'm tired to see my big bro hitting the wall in the first turn of the High Speed Ring and keep racing, if your consider the risk of driving so fast in a turn, you eventually will pay more attention and be more carefull...

Very good news! Seems like GT5 is going to be the best racing game ever!

I voted ONE big hit and your are out..
I was playing iRacing, and it uses same principle.. even in iRacing where you can only race against people around the world is sometimes tougher because they are less predictable. So I am use to it..

But when it comes to endurance races ill go medium

Good news!👍

Surely I will choose "one big hit end of race", but for endurance or other long races i'll set it on "medium" (unless that PD have added the possibility to save during the pit stops or in some other way)

realisticly a simple crash can take the car out...try crashing into a wall in your real car and see if its drivable...

do you really want that level of realism in the game?...where a light crash may make your car almost bad...and a worse crash will put you out of the race...

Richard Burns Rally has some very unforgiving damage options and I enjoy the risk, but in GT you have AI to contend with, so like BlackZ28 I choose medium.

I would probably play with full damage on for the most part. However, if it's an endurance race and I have the option to turn it down (no race ending crashes), I will.

I hope that one mistake ends my race 23:59.99 into the 24 hrs of LeMans.

Forza's damage is too forgiving. I have to restart whenever I get into a huge wreck because my car magically keeps going. Hopefully GT5 will not have this issue.

Ugh, it's like squeezing every last detail out of the mans words

But it's not going to be like someone bumps you and you're done. You guyus are being too crucial

It would hard just to survive a race online with one hit and your done damage. Especially with all the below average drivers trying to race there.

One big hit - end race.

It will be annoying to begin with, but it will teach me to drive more carefully which will over time improve my driving style.

For online i would prefer a lower level of damage, as some online players can be very unpredictable.

I'm still learning how to drive realistically (Come on...I'm just 16 and I've played NFS all my life :lol:), so i guess I'll leave it at low or medium. Setting it at "No damage" would be just wasting the wonderful work done here by PD.

I personally agree that the most realistic damage is the better. However, if the AI is going to continue not so great like in GT5P, I would like an option to set the damage settings a little less realistic.

That's cool. It would work well with Nascar or other highly aero-dependent kinds of race cars. Getting stuffed by the A.I. is not completely unrealistic, people can drive with a lack of sense in real life too. But there is a line between racing incidents from racing hard, and racing incidents from driving outside your talent, or rather not using your head and getting in a bit deep. But both do happen in real life, so it would be a cool option. Just depends how much pain you want to go through, again depending on how well the A.I. can perform of course.

If I ever hit something, it's usually a minor scrape or a front fender bender (into the A.I. or a wall). This happens to me when I race sloppy (because I have a huge lead), or because I am in the heat of the battle and get nervous.

But I'd definitely be tempted to go 200MPH into a wall just to see the damage done to the car.

one big hit = end of race

it's the way that i've set it in rfactor, it forces you to drive more carefully = more realistic, not driving like you don't have nothing to lose

Well in the real world, race cars scratch and bump against other cars all the time and depending on the locatio of the hit, there may just be cosmetic damage, or slight mechanical damage that affects alignment and the such, medium damage that may cause leaks and or severe sterring difficulties but still driveable back to pit under its own power, or major damage that puts the car out of the race (although it may be nice to have a "tow back to pit and possibly fix it up for certain amount of credits" feature so that you can still finish the race provided it is an endurance race or something)

otherwise, for the truly hardcore, a small bump may disqualify you from the race but that is absurd imo, but i guess if you want that option you can. SO the poll choice are quite misleading. I don't want "hardcore damage" or "medium damage" I want real world damage...where a full head on crash into the tire wall at 150mph+ will put you out of the race, but at the same time a small bump from the back won't mean your entire rear diff/axle blows up.

Obviously the player should be able to choose whether or not to conduct a race with damage on or off.

I like the idea of one big hit and its over, as long as you have the option of turning it down in "beginner" online rooms and for endurance races.

Personally I hope the AI is smart enough that I'm not going to have to worry about it crashing me off the track. I know in Race07/GTR evo, the AI has rarely been the cause of me crashing, its usually me being too over aggressive and the AI having no where else to go.

Online I think more intense damage is good... makes people learn to drive cleanly.

Imagine, going 5 mph and crash = race over!

Jokes aside. Like others have said, it'll encourage safer and cleaner driving. Still, it would be fun to crash in single player mode :P Put those long months of coding to use!

This is kind of a toughie.I would say though,1 hit and your done.

Adds to "The Real Driving Simulator".

Back