150 Horsepower

Transmission(s)
5-speed manual
3-speed automatic

337 Produced

Price

About $6,800 new
Up to $200,000 today​

It looks like a Japanese clone of a Jaguar E-Type. At least they aimed high. plus, I'm sure it went pretty quickly compared to other vehicles of the time.

Cool.

Sub Zero.
It's jaw-droppingly gorgeous and James Bond was driven in one (although they did have to make a convertible version, as the coupe allegedly couldn't comfortably accommodate Sean Connery's 6'2" frame! :lol: Also worth noting that the actress doing the "driving" couldn't actually drive, so any driving shots you saw were by stuntmen in wigs, and that neither of the 2 cars made actually had a roof, just what looks like a cover over a folded away convertible roof! :lol:)

One of the sexiest cars to come from Japan. Decent power for its day considering the size of the engine, and guys and girls would turn to look wherever you go. Would it get women to take their panties off? Probably not, unless the trunk was full of Gin, but it would help strike up a conversation.

Cool.

Subzero. One of the cars that comes to mind when someone says Toyota to me in a positive way. Such a beautiful car. If I had millions in the bank this is on my list to have in my garage.

Sub-Zero

Expensive as hell, rare as hell, and for good reason. This car is so beautiful, only the great Chuck Norris could think of something better.

Toyotas first exotic. I only saw one in real life back in the 60's at a friends next door neighbors house. I also saw it rot away through the years as I grew up to be in my teens and even left a card saying I would gladly take it off his hands if he was interested in selling. hehe! :grumpy: never got a call back. I always wondered if they ever restored it.

The Toyota Supra's grandfather. Seeing one would be an absolute treat...

COOL

Cool from me too, its a good looking car even though most people that see it flash up on my screen saver think it's an E-Type.

Wouldn't be my classic Japanese car of choice though.

This is the first and one of the only Japanese exotics. The other's being the Nissan GT-R and Honda/Acura NSX. Very cool car. I gave it a nice sub-zero.

Now, to the people who gave this car uncool and seriously uncool, I want an explanation!

Cool. You definitely don't have to explain to anyone why this car is cool. Not quite Sub-Zero, but definitely a very cool car.

;)

In "You only live twice" James drove a lightyellow 2000GT Spider . The car was specially made because Sean Connery was too long to fit into a coupe...
800px-TOYOTA_2000GT_Bond_vehicles.jpg

^I actually prefer it that way, funnily enough a lot like preferring the E-type with roof down. It really does have a lot in common with the Jag.

I can't give it Sub-Zero, it doesn't mean that much to me and it never has. I can definitely give it cool though for the many reasons mentioned above.

I always thought it was a bit ugly, from the front anyway. People will think you've got an E-Type Jag. Until you have to explain to them it's a Toyota.

Cool. Looks alright but the power is a little lacking, and it doesn't really do it for me to make sub zero.

It's a very good looking car, to me though, it always seemed a bit of a copy. It was not the original in that style, nor was it the best. So I'm going to give it a cool.

SUB ZERO-> Damn this car make me oogle all the time! :drool:

-> Hey, great news! One of the 62 USDM 2000GT is for sale!

500x_1967_toyota_2000gt.jpg

^ For USD$375,000! Details @ Jalopnik.

:sly:

Back