True Force Tuning Resurrected [2015]

Well that Is good then. I want to have a good setup for a track when I come back to it next season and I want a head start for online league races.

So I gave version 2 a try in TT mode at Bahrain in the RB and I like it 👍. Pretty quickly I was turning faster than my prior Personal Best and eventually shaved 2-tenths off. Always cool :). It feels quite pointy yet very stable as well.

The only thing that wasn't working in comparison, was the straight line acceleration. I was able to improve it some by reducing the rear camber to -2.5 but eventually I had to return to the default gearing to get the acceleration back. However it could be a combo of the track and the car, but figured you'd appreciate the feedback all the same.

Anyhoos... helped me get back into the top 200 at Sakhir :D.

Feedback is always encouraged, and after I work out the Sauber tune I'll work to improve this.

Also, I've got a kick ass Bahrain tune on the way...

Sauber F1 C29

NOTE: This is a general-use tune for that focuses on top end acceleration and grip, as such there is a slight oversteer bias and will mostly become apparent when running too wide onto a rumble strip without being cautious.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 5
Rear Wing Angle - 3

Braking

Balance - 48/52
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 30/70
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 5

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3
Front Spring Stiffness - 4
Rear Spring Stiffness - 6

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 77 mph
Gear 2 - 95 mph
Gear 3 - 116 mph
Gear 4 - 139 mph
Gear 5 - 158 mph
Gear 6 - 176 mph
Gear 7 - 198 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.10
Toe Rear - 0.41

True Force Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) F110 - Bahrain Edition

NOTE: Be cautious when entering/exiting corners as the back end will step out if pushed too much.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 4
Rear Wing Angle - 3

Braking

Balance - 51/49
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 70/30
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 6

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 76
Gear 2 - 96
Gear 3 - 116
Gear 4 - 139
Gear 5 - 158
Gear 6 - 176
Gear 7 - 196

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.11
Toe Rear - 0.41

Last edited:
Not really bothered, since setups are fairly simple in this game, but it's be great if you eventually had a full season of setups for the HRT!

It really did wonders for me in Melbourne. Best 23 laps ever. Even though I barely passed my objectives. It's just that it could have been so much worse!

Great Job! 👍 It's just how it shoulda been on Highest Difficulty!

I'll give your Bahrain set a try when I get home.

I used some from the official forums and they really don't work for the slower teams. I ended up tweaking them and getting some decent times but the car is a bit of a handful to drive.

The Sauber tune is working good, i like how i can throw the car in much faster. But still, the best i can do on Catalunya (only driven 15-20 laps in practice, qual. is prob. faster) is 1,25,xx. I think thats a good lap, but the AI never let me qualify better than 14th.. But the car feels good! :) Thank you.

Are those tunes also good for other teams or are they specifically made just for certain teams?

The HRT tunes are cross-compatible with Lotus, Virign-Cosworth, Sauber, etc. However, an adjustment or two will have to be made to compensate for the powerband of each car. I haven't found myself tuning any of the top teams yet as I've been beating my lap times on their default settings. So, once I get to them I can make them a bit more faster and agile than they already seem to be.

Feel free to try the tunes on the top teams and give me some feedback, but I'd suggest leaving the gear ratios to their default values at first.

I would like to help as well

And what does McLaren have to say about this, hm? :P

Looking to be the one-millionth test driver on the team?

The Sauber tune is working good, i like how i can throw the car in much faster. But still, the best i can do on Catalunya (only driven 15-20 laps in practice, qual. is prob. faster) is 1,25,xx. I think thats a good lap, but the AI never let me qualify better than 14th.. But the car feels good! Thank you.

I can provide a much better tune after I've taken the C29 around Suzuka. 👍

Last edited:
Sauber F1 C29 - Version 2

NOTE: This is a high downforce/grip tune do not expect much top end speed from this tune, however, do expect vicious acceleration throughout all seven gear ratios.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 7
Rear Wing Angle - 6

Braking

Balance - 53/47
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 60/40
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 6

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 96
Gear 2 - 118
Gear 3 - 137
Gear 4 - 153
Gear 5 - 179
Gear 6 - 194
Gear 7 - 210

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.10
Toe Front - 0.11
Toe Rear - 0.41

Last edited:
Intended course or courses?

Courses. However, the tune itself was produced doing several laps around (where else?) Suzuka as it's a high speed/high downforce track, it's not a specific 'Suzuka Edition' tune but the track itself was the basis for high acceleration and downforce.

Vicious, even.

Look forward to hearing from the both of you. Where the freak are my test drivers?! :lol:

Also, for anyone interested I updated the recommended controller settings [wheel] and is accessible all three platforms, regardless of the wheel being used.

Ok so good and bad:

Good - turn-in, mid corner adhesion and "potential" acceleration (will get to that in a moment).

Bad - breaking distance, a little oversteery for my tastes, "actual" acceleration.

Ok so my method. Ran several laps with the fastest Adaptable setup and changed the wings to 6/6 and the rear camber to -2.6. Also, for TT'ing I always use the "fast" throttle engine map. Manged a clean 1:35.5-ish.

Then used your setup. With better cornering, especially in the S-curves, I did lower that with a new clean lap of 1:35.2-ish. However acceleration was maybe just as good as the default gearing if not a wee bit slower. Also breaking performance was noticeably worse at the hairpin and final chicane.

Lastly I combined my initial setup with your gearing. NOW things began to come together for me. Acceleration and breaking were noticeably improved over default as well as your setup. Pretty quickly I lowered my clean best down to a 1:34.587.

So based on the couple of setups I've tried, coupled with my default setup TT'ing experience, I'm thinking that the physics engine really gives preference to lower rear camber settings when it comes to acceleration and breaking. This basically makes sense to me, although I am not certain if the positive effect should be this pronounced.

I recommend you try your exact setup and only change the rear camber to -2.6 or -2.5 and see what you think.

Oh yeah full disclosure, I am driving with the std 360 pad, TC at Full, ABS off and Auto Tranny.

Ok so good and bad:

Good - turn-in, mid corner adhesion and "potential" acceleration (will get to that in a moment).

Bad - breaking distance, a little oversteery for my tastes, "actual" acceleration.

Ok so my method. Ran several laps with the fastest Adaptable setup and changed the wings to 6/6 and the rear camber to -2.6. Also, for TT'ing I always use the "fast" throttle engine map. Manged a clean 1:35.5-ish.

Then used your setup. With better cornering, especially in the S-curves, I did lower that with a new clean lap of 1:35.2-ish. However acceleration was maybe just as good as the default gearing if not a wee bit slower. Also breaking performance was noticeably worse at the hairpin and final chicane.

Lastly I combined my initial setup with your gearing. NOW things began to come together for me. Acceleration and breaking were noticeably improved over default as well as your setup. Pretty quickly I lowered my clean best down to a 1:34.587.

So based on the couple of setups I've tried, coupled with my default setup TT'ing experience, I'm thinking that the physics engine really gives preference to lower rear camber settings when it comes to acceleration and breaking. This basically makes sense to me, although I am not certain if the positive effect should be this pronounced.

I recommend you try your exact setup and only change the rear camber to -2.6 or -2.5 and see what you think.

Oh yeah full disclosure, I am driving with the std 360 pad, TC at Full, ABS off and Auto Tranny.

Will gladly take all of this into consideration, but I need to know what track you were on...was it Suzuka?

Took your advice, and until the video finishes uploading all I can (or am going to, rather) say is fantastic. I'll let the video do the rest of the talking.

Took your advice, and until the video finishes uploading all I can (or am going to, rather) say is fantastic. I'll let the video do the rest of the talking.

Did this test driver earn his pay check? :D Speaking of where is my pay check :lol:

Did this test driver earn his pay check? :D Speaking of where is my pay check :lol:

Seeing as none of my pay drivers were around, I had to do it myself (tsk, tsk) and no, I don't get any additional pay for test drives considering I'm the head mechanic, founder. and CEO. :lol:

As for you, see the receptionist at the front desk please.

I swear to god, can Youtube be any more of piece of 🤬? Fifty-three goddamn minutes down the toilet because an "unknown error" occurred. Now I have to do it all over again. :mad:

Probably won't be seen until tomorrow...

Back