True Force Tuning Resurrected [2015]

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
qpkkcm.jpg

Welcome to True Force Tuning (TFT), formerly known as Renown Tuning (hence the accompanied banner). True Force Tuning focuses on giving you the most out of Formula 1 vehicle, no matter the team nor the consequences behind it. While we can't guarantee a top finish because that's solely dependent on the one behind the wheel, what can be guaranteed is we'll try as hard as possible to give you every last inch of power your car has to offer. Personal requests are welcomed, and they can either be posted here for all else to see or you can request that they be PM'd to you by myself. You can be as specific with your requirements as needed, or you can just request a general improvement of some kind - whatever the request we'll do our best to meet it.

Our primary goal is simple and that goal is to give you the best possible experience in F1 2010 to the very best of our experience and abilities. All of the settings will be handled by myself (and perhaps a team, should anyone else find themselves interested in contributing). We're more than happy to acknowledge criticism whether it be negative or positive, so long as it's civilized, otherwise it will just be disregarded. I'm going to list my own personal favorites/settings shortly but let's concentrate on the task at hand first - speed and stability!

Staff

Terronium-12 (Michael) - Head Mechanic
NITROVIOUS (Forgot your first name, let's just call him Chef for now) Second Mechanic
DC9990 (Darren) Test Driver #1
Asmoday (First name?) Test Driver #2
.Boss429. (Tommy) Test Driver #3
Peter (Peter - Hah!) Test Driver #4
in.s@ne (Michael) Test Driver #5

What goes into testing and how does True Force test vehicles?

- As of today, TFT is officially using four (4) locations for testing purposes. Those four locations are Bahrain, Melbourne, Suzuka, and Monza. These four tracks offer the greatest variety between themselves but the one constant between them is their focus and that focus being acceleration and downforce. Top speed is always a priority especially in a Formula 1 vehicle, however, there will be tunes that take top end speed out of the immediate equation and will then focus upon acceleration, grip, and acceleration. Yes, acceleration was mentioned twice on purpose. No typos here, and if I find any someone is getting the socks sued right off of their feet.

What constitutes as a "good" lap time?

- That's solely dependent on the track and chassis being used.

What if I am unhappy with the tune?

-
Simply alert me to whatever the problem may be and I will do my best to alleviate the problem as soon as possible.

What's the difference between the variety of available tunes?

- Each tune will be listed under the appropriate chassis, and the primary difference between the tunes will be on one hand you'll have a general usage tune with no specific track in mind. On the other hand you'll have track-specific tunes that are only to be used for that particular track, and will more than likely maximize upon the characteristics of that individual track. General use tunes will be labeled as "Version 1, Version 2, etc..." and the track specific tunes will be labeled as "(name of track) Edition".

I'm currently having some problems with my controller settings and/or I can't seem to find a comfortable setting; what would you suggest?

- These are the settings that I currently use...

Logitech Driving Force GT

Advanced Wheel Settings

Steering Deadzone - 5%
Steering Saturation - 100%
Steering Linearity - 40%
Throttle Deadzone - 10%
Throttle Saturation - 100%
Brake Deadzone - 20%
Brake Saturation - 80%

Force Feedback Options

Feedback - On
Environmental Effects - 100%
Feedback Strength - 100%
Wheel Weight - 70%​

Tunes in stock...

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25
Monza Edition
Monza Edition, Wet [TV]
Monza Edition, Wet [Version 2]

Red Bull-Renault RB6
Suzuka Edition

Renault F1 R30

Scuderia Ferrari F10
Istanbul Edition [TV]

Hispania-Cosworth Racing F1 Team F110
Melbourne Edition
Bahrain Edition V1
Bahrain Edition V2
Version 1
Version 2

BMW Sauber-Ferrari C29
Version 1
Version 2

Force India-Mercedes VJM03
Shanghai Edition

Scuderia Torro Rosso-Ferrari STR5

Lotus-Cosworth T127
Monaco Edition [TV]

Williams-Cosworth FW32
Silverstone Edition [TV]

Virgin-Cosworth VR-01
Sepang Edition [TV]

Mercedes GP MGP-W01

Last edited:
Alright, so that's two test drivers and another tuning hand. Fantastic.

Expect an update and a couple of tunes for the HRT F110 today.

lets party it up tonight and test stuff!!!!! I cant do online when everyone dive bombs turns!!

This might be a good place to ask...

I've been wondering if there is enough interest in F1 tuning to add it to my site (http://www.consoleracer.com)? Do you think it would be worth it considering the limited amount of cars and tracks?

Well, purely from my point of view...all publicity is good publicity. Especially for a game like this that's primarily targeted at us F1 people. I'd say, if you want to post the setups here onto your site by all means do just that. I thank you for it. 👍

First post updated a tad, keep a look out for a wealth of HRT tunes coming shortly.

Cant wait to tets these!! I want to get higher then #234 on bahrain

Right :D. For no apparent reason getting a sub 1:53 at Sakhir is first and foremost on my mind too. I keep "nearly" posting high and mid 1:52's only to barely flub up a corner and invalidate the lap. :banghead:. It is beginning to remind me of the effort required to get all golds in GT3/4.

l have been playing offline all day , hands are getting sore.
l started using a breaking technique that you see F1 drivers use all the time for that little extra braking power before a really tight turn or chicane . Just wiggle the front end a little before releasing the brake and continuing through the turn.
Does this technique have a name ? l'm sure it must , l found it quite helpful on a few tracks , dry conditions of course.

Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) F110 - Melbourne Edition

NOTE: This tune maximizes acceleration and top speed, and as such you must be alert that the tune has an oversteer bias. Enter corners and use rumble strips cautiously.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 3
Rear Wing Angle - 1

Braking

Balance - 48/52
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 40/60
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 2 (Alternatively, use 3)
Rear Ride Height - 2 (Alternatively, use 1)
Front Spring Stiffness - 5
Rear Spring Stiffness - 5

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 80 mph
Gear 2 - 102 mph
Gear 3 - 118 mph
Gear 4 - 139 mph
Gear 5 - 161 mph
Gear 6 - 176 mph
Gear 7 - 200 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.11
Toe Rear - 0.41

True Force Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Maybe you already realize this, but as near as I can tell one is limited to 5 total setup save files. FIVE! For all modes. FIVE!! Not 5 per car, not 5 per track. FIVE for the whole effn game!!!

Sorry not trying to high jack your thread, but man for as much as they got right boy did they go brain dead on some of the basic stuff.

Edit...
Mod'd by mee-self for inaccuracy.

Last edited:
Maybe you already realize this, but as near as I can tell one is limited to 5 total setup save files. FIVE! For all modes. FIVE!! Not 5 per car, not 5 per track. FIVE for the whole effn game!!!

Sorry not trying to high jack your thread, but man for as much as they got right boy did they go brain dead on some of the basic stuff.

I do indeed, hijacker. :P

For me five is more than enough, because it took me all but five separate tunes to get one that was right for Melbourne. Monza took only one or two, Suzuka is only going to take one because I know that track too damn well. So, yeah, five is fine by me. I can see the problem though.

I do indeed, hijacker. :P

For me five is more than enough, because it took me all but five separate tunes to get one that was right for Melbourne. Monza took only one or two, Suzuka is only going to take one because I know that track too damn well. So, yeah, five is fine by me. I can see the problem though.

Just sux 'cause if you want to do setups right, which obviously you do (as do I... eventually), then you need the ability to tune every car to every track and for every condition. So that is potentially 228 setups for dry conditions and at least another 228 for wet (assuming one doesn't want/need to tweak for light vs heavy precipitation). Gahhh... this is such basic stuff.

And we get 5! So at best 2% and at worst less than 1% of the possible combinations. Why CM why :confused:

As long as one keeps a spreadsheet I suppose they are good for career mode. Sorry, time to vent on the official CM boards. Thanks for humoring me ;).

Last edited:
Ya i REALLY wanna know the settings of the top 20 or so for lap times. lets go GTP!! Lets fill that list!! lol

Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) F110

NOTE: This is a general tune for use on all tracks. Any individual adjustments to suit your style for the track must be carried out on your own terms. Suggestions are welcomed of course.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 4
Rear Wing Angle - 4

Braking

Balance - 47/53
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 30/70
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Front Spring Stiffness - 4
Rear Spring Stiffness - 5

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 83
Gear 2 - 102
Gear 3 - 120
Gear 4 - 139
Gear 5 - 161
Gear 6 - 176
Gear 7 - 202

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.10
Toe Rear - 0.35

Last edited:
Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) F110, Version 2

NOTE: This is also general tune, an alternative of sorts for use on all tracks. Any individual adjustments to suit your style for the track must be carried out on your own terms. Suggestions are welcomed of course.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 6
Rear Wing Angle - 5

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 30/70
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Front Spring Stiffness - 7
Rear Spring Stiffness - 7

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 83
Gear 2 - 102
Gear 3 - 120
Gear 4 - 139
Gear 5 - 159
Gear 6 - 180
Gear 7 - 202

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.10
Toe Rear - 0.35

Last edited:
Go ahead and put me up as a test driver. I'll get this game very soon, and I don't like to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good when it comes to F1 cars and F1 games, and testing is fun :)

Any suggestions for the BMW Sauber car? I'm in career mode, so i'm stuck with this car for a while.

Are you noticing that ballast distribution makes a significant difference?

I have. Look at HRT tune for Melbourne. It's solely dependent on the track and whether or not you want a loose rear end or not, I prefer oversteer so I always increase it more toward the front. :D

Yeah as I looked at your 2 tunes a little more closely that kinda jumped out at me. Interesting. I look forward to trying it out and seeing what it feels like. Thus far the only tweaks I've made have been to the wings and rear camber.

General tune or track specific?

General tune, but i'll be on Catalunya next:) Maybe it would be possible to have a general tune for high downforce tracks and vice versa? Awesome project by the way, will be watching a lot!

General tune, but i'll be on Catalunya next:) Maybe it would be possible to have a general tune for high downforce tracks and vice versa? Awesome project by the way, will be watching a lot!

I'll get right on it.

Back