True Force Tuning Resurrected [2015]

Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) F110 - Bahrain Edition

NOTE: Be cautious when entering/exiting corners as the back end will step out if pushed too much.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 4
Rear Wing Angle - 3

Braking

Balance - 51/49
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 70/30
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 6

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3
Front Spring Stiffness - 4
Rear Spring Stiffness - 6

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 76
Gear 2 - 96
Gear 3 - 116
Gear 4 - 139
Gear 5 - 158
Gear 6 - 176
Gear 7 - 196

Alignment

Camber Front - -1.00
Camber Rear - -3.00
Toe Front - 0.11
Toe Rear - 0.41

Hi

I know I'm no serious test-driver but I give it a go to this tune of yours yesterday night and I thought that my feedback might be useful for some tweaking.

The car's handling is good. Better grip that the default High Speed/Low Downforce tunes in the game. The car felt more stable, specially going into turn under braking and the back end does hold itself quite well if you know how to control your right foot coming out of the corner into accellaration.

The downside of your tune is however the gear ratios in my opinion - the top maximum speed you reach at the end of the main straight is lower than you'd reach on default gear ratios and the eventual gain you would have from your tune in accellaration isn't noticeable. My best lap with your tune was high 2:02, while my best lap on default tune is low 2:00.

My suggestion would be for you to tune gear ratios more focused on high speed (there's 5 very fast segments on this track) and probably to lower down the overall heigh of the car. I like your softer settings on the back suspension for corner handling.

Hope this is usefull. Cheers.

The HRT tunes are cross-compatible with Lotus, Virign-Cosworth, Sauber, etc. However, an adjustment or two will have to be made to compensate for the powerband of each car.

Thanks for the note on that T-12! (Turn 10's older brother I wonder? :P)

Anyway, i'll be happy for my next few career seasons to see more tunes on those cars.... As it's more likely i'll be driving them than anything else! :lol:

Your Melbourne setup was AMAZING! Because....
Oh hey, what's that coming up behind Alonso on Legendary, a little HRT!!? :crazy:

f12010172.png

Oh wait.... It's just been lapped. But only on the final lap! Great pace from the little new team. :)

That pic was the best I had of the Ferrari moment. Oh Well. It's a little ugly but hey..... That Ferrari passed my HRT quickly.

Last edited:
Hi

I know I'm no serious test-driver but I give it a go to this tune of yours yesterday night and I thought that my feedback might be useful for some tweaking.

The car's handling is good. Better grip that the default High Speed/Low Downforce tunes in the game. The car felt more stable, specially going into turn under braking and the back end does hold itself quite well if you know how to control your right foot coming out of the corner into accellaration.

The downside of your tune is however the gear ratios in my opinion - the top maximum speed you reach at the end of the main straight is lower than you'd reach on default gear ratios and the eventual gain you would have from your tune in accellaration isn't noticeable. My best lap with your tune was high 2:02, while my best lap on default tune is low 2:00.

My suggestion would be for you to tune gear ratios more focused on high speed (there's 5 very fast segments on this track) and probably to lower down the overall heigh of the car. I like your softer settings on the back suspension for corner handling.

Hope this is usefull. Cheers.

Of course your feedback is useful, however, I'm not the proprietor (I'm a business owner, so I can't use small words. :lol:) of that gear set, my second mechanic is. You can either take that up with him (Call him Chef, by the way) or I can alleviate your problem myself and make it a personal tune for you. The way I've tested it the setup itself is an absolute riot; vicious top end acceleration, fantastic cornering speeds, and just enough downforce to warrant mildly-loose to stable oversteer...which is just the way I like my cars. Posted some of my best times with that gear set (1:56-something), but that offer is on the table, all you need to do is decide which of us you want to talk to.

Thanks for the note on that T-12! (Turn 10's older brother I wonder? :P)

Shh. If you say something they'll know!

Anyway, i'll be happy for my next few career seasons to see more tunes on those cars.... As it's more likely i'll be driving them than anything else!

Don't have to worry about that. 👍

Your Melbourne setup was AMAZING! Because....
Oh hey, what's that coming up behind Alonso on Legendary, a little HRT!!? .

*Bows*

Thank you, I do what I can. :P

Your revs

That's time trial, and I was testing out everything. Of course I don't rev through gears like a madman when it counts. Who in the world do you think I am? :lol:

EDIT: Actually, at 1:10 or so into that test my finger kept slipping off the paddle or something because I couldn't upshift to save my own life. Everything else though was me living on the edge....Hah!

My alternate gear set for Bahrain : MPH

76 , 96 , 116 , 139 , 158 , 174 , 192 .

Hope that is helpful . Somtimes l setup for overall speed as opposed to just the top end , also l take deceleration rates into account as well .

@Terronium-12 : How is Istanbul progressing ?
l have input in development for Montreal and Valencia .

It can't blow up anyway, mechanical failures aren't modelled!

I know lol I was being silly. I get reamed by my crew chief about engine temp if i rev too much. So thats been a lil discipline teacher so far.

Ok Boss :)

Sent in my latest projects , lots of testing done on them . Awaiting next project.
Shall l line up for my pay before my break is over ? :)

Ok Boss :)

Sent in my latest projects , lots of testing done on them . Awaiting next project.
Shall l line up for my pay before my break is over ? :)

Why are you asking me? You know the drill, see the receptionist at the front desk....and....and, keep your hands to yourself. :P

Just as a quick aside here's a demo video of what lines can be taken at Suzuka and still keep a "valid" lap (however not recommended for non-TT racing ;):

Glad you used "valid" as the description...... that lap is bending the rules just a little:grumpy: I can't believe there was no loss in speed or control at all despite having pretty much the whole car on the grass/astroturf....

Nice lap in places, but geez it's not really a "clean" lap IMHO.

Hmmm... ok now I'm confused. Clearly at the end of the vid you had improved your personal best time yet you were still a good 3/4 of a second or so behind your ghost. :confused: Unless the game stores ghosts for different teams even if on the same track. That doesn't sound right either though... enlighten me please :D.

Glad you used "valid" as the description...... that lap is bending the rules just a little:grumpy: I can't believe there was no loss in speed or control at all despite having pretty much the whole car on the grass/astroturf....

Nice lap in places, but geez it's not really a "clean" lap IMHO.

Right. The driver in his youtube vid comments even admits he was surprised on a couple of the corners and what he got away with. Seems like 1" of one tire on the line qualifies as a "valid" corner to the game engine. :odd: but true.

Hmmm... ok now I'm confused. Clearly at the end of the vid you had improved your personal best time yet you were still a good 3/4 of a second or so behind your ghost. :confused: Unless the game stores ghosts for different teams even if on the same track. That doesn't sound right either though... enlighten me please :D.

The ghost I was chasing was a previous (and still) best lap I set in the Mercedes W01 (default settings), I never had any intention of catching up to it as it was just going to shoot by on the straights (as you saw) I was merely sticking to the C29 trying to push it for everything it's worth. The game stores best lap times regardless of the team.

Last edited:
The ghost I was chasing was a previous (and still) best lap I set in the Mercedes W01 (default settings), I never had any intention of catching up to it as it was just going to shoot by on the straights (as you saw) I was merely sticking to the C29 trying to push it for everything it's worth. The game stores best lap times regardless of the team.

Ok. So when it displays "personal best" that is really in fact, at least under these conditions, a "session best." Cool, makes sense to me now 👍.

No doubt using one of the top teams one could be at least 2" quicker than the Sauber I'd imagine (disregarding alien laps like the one I posted ;)).

Oh yeah, so what were your detailed impressions on acceleration, braking and general car feel with the reduced rear camber?

As the game doesn't give you any detailed telemetry data (at least not from what I've seen), my thoughts won't be as detailed as they should but the car itself performs better than my previous setting. The rear end is planted, although it can still step out if you dare it to. Cornering stability is a wee bit erratic but that just could mostly likely be attributed to the fact that when I test a tune, I test the tune to any and almost every extreme. The tune itself as it is is an improvement over mine just with that one adjustment.

Admittedly, I won't be able to churn out any star-worthy tunes until I've got some things sorted out but it won't stop me from giving what I can at the moment.

Hopefully, I should be able to post a couple of tunes throughout the rest of the day.

Its very valuable to have that Suzuka world record video to look at. Its not good that such track use is possible, but its 100 times worse not to know it, and go through the confusion of how such times are possible. Just be thankful console users cant hack games like the PC users can.

:lol:

You've got a lot to learn...

Eric! Get out. :lol:

Am I still on your XBL buddy list?

On topic, I've decided to (rather was forced) to start a new game because I installed the game over again, don't even ask just move on (:lol:) so I'll be revisiting Bahrain and Melbourne later on today, just to get back to Sepang.

A track I loved in GTR2 and rFactor, but somehow F1 2010 has managed to make me hate it. What does that mean for the thread? Nothing really, tunes can still be posted on a daily basis (although they haven't been for what, two days now?)...I'll work some up later on today (tomorrow) and go from there.

Damn double installs....

Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT) F110 - Bahrain Edition, Version 2

NOTE: This is vastly improved tune, in fact, I was able to place 1st (read: 1st) in Q1 without batting much of an eyelid. Now, this may very well be down to the fact that I now know the track very well and know where additional speed can be had...but nonetheless the original tune couldn't achieve such a feat.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 2
Rear Wing Angle - 1

Braking

Balance - 51/49
Pressure - Medium
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution - 70/30
Front Anti-Roll Bar - 3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 5

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3
Front Spring Stiffness - 4
Rear Spring Stiffness - 5

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 78 mph
Gear 2 - 100 mph
Gear 3 - 121 mph
Gear 4 - 139 mph
Gear 5 - 158 mph
Gear 6 - 172 mph
Gear 7 - 194 mph

Alignment

Camber Front - -0.90
Camber Rear - -2.70
Toe Front - 0.13
Toe Rear - 0.38

True Force Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Back