GT5 Car Database

• Thread starter Falango
  • 539 comments
Canada
Vancouver, BC
Falango
Here's a link to a database put together by Milouse. This database will have all the info you will need!

Milouse's GT5 car database

----------------------------------

Now that we have a full car list, I'm going to be using that to build a database of each and every car in Gran Turismo 5. With 1030 cars, it's quite the lengthly list to find exactly what you are looking for. This list will include filters for manufacturers, whether you have obtained the car or not, and can be organized in many ways!! For now, I want to reserve this space while I build the database, and would appreciate some input and suggestions from everyone.

First version will basically include exactly what we have in the news article about the car list. Model year, manufacturer, model, and whether the car is premium, standard, or both. Once the release date hits, I'll start building more details including base power, torque, drivetrain, and more.

I also noticed that theres a trophy for collecting car colors. Once I have seen what this feature is, and how it is organized, I will consider including this in the database as well.

Again, suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:
Now that we have a full car list, I'm going to be using that to build a database of each and every car in Gran Turismo 5. With 1030 cars, it's quite the lengthly list to find exactly what you are looking for. This list will include filters for manufacturers, whether you have obtained the car or not, and can be organized in many ways!! For now, I want to reserve this space while I build the database, and would appreciate some input and suggestions from everyone.

First version will basically include exactly what we have in the news article about the car list. Model year, manufacturer, model, and whether the car is premium, standard, or both. Once the release date hits, I'll start building more details including base power, torque, drivetrain, and more.

I also noticed that theres a trophy for collecting car colors. Once I have seen what this feature is, and how it is organized, I will consider including this in the database as well.

Again, suggestions are welcome!

As shown in a video of the Car delivery, Everytime you buy or win a car, you get that car's color. This also was hinted at in the pic of the Audi R8 in the paint shop with "McLaren Orange" chosen. This means, if you collect every car in every color it comes in...GT5 will have set a record for number of colors in a game....period...I mean...if even if every car only had two colors...that's 2060 colors...the real number is probably closer to 5000 colors.

Ya I remember that screenshot. Thanks for the info about collecting the color upon obtaining a car. I doubt there are that many colors. Most cars from one manufacturer share colors. Ferrari for example, will probably have Corsa Rosso available for every car. There are probably going to be more colors than cars, but I don't think it will be much more.

I should have the first version of the list online later today.

Official? What makes it official?

OK so maybe it's not official, but I'm hoping it can be the Official GTP list with it's completion. Sorry if there's confusion and people think this a checklist from PD.

Perhaps someway to notate whether a particular vehicle is making its premier in the Gran Turismo series, as well as previous versions of the game in which returning models have already appeared. I personally don't find this very necessary but I am sure someone will request this type of information.

Cheers!

Official? What makes it official?
Ha!

How can something not made yet be official? I would just print out the car list and cross one out when I purchase it, win it, whatever. It's going to be troubling getting 1000 cars with multiple cars looking exactly alike.

Ha!

How can something not made yet be official? I would just print out the car list and cross one out when I purchase it, win it, whatever. It's going to be troubling getting 1000 cars with multiple cars looking exactly alike.

You could always wait until your Car delivery truck is filled with 1000 cars. :P

Ha!

I agree, but I thought about the sheer number of cars, and want to make it easier to find cars in the list. Do I have all the premium cars? Do I have all the Alfa Romeos? Do I have all the cars from the 1970s? It will be hard to answer that with a printed list, but with this database, it'll be as easy as a few clicks. In seconds you will have your answers.

Perhaps someway to notate whether a particular vehicle is making its premier in the Gran Turismo series, as well as previous versions of the game in which returning models have already appeared. I personally don't find this very necessary but I am sure someone will request this type of information.

Cheers!

I'll consider adding this as well, but something of this nature would be a low priority at the moment. It would take longer to do this as I'd have to find car lists from each of the other games int he series. If time permits though, I would add this showing when the car first appeared in GT.

Side note, that trophy to get 1,000 cars. Do they have to be different cars, or they count multiples of the same? I hate a lot of cars and will not buy them. Don't want cars just to have them. If they suck, than I don't get them.

Hard to say right now. We will find out when the first person gets this trophy. I want to assume it is 1000 cars total (duplicates included).

Ah yes thank you. I'll include weight so that the database can do the power to weight ratios on it's own.

Sounds really cool, it would be really usefull for managing online races and championships. Don't forget to include engine displacement and if it is NA / Turbo /supercharged.
If not all the cars are able to go off-road, then please add a filter saying which car can go off-road.

Engine Displacement would be lower priority down the road as well. NA/TC/SC might be more important since there could be championships based on one of them, and some they drive differently too, so there could be personal preferences.

Off-road capability is a good idea. Once I have the game and can confirm anything about limited cars going off road, I'll decide on this one.

I'll also add race mod capability as well. I doubt all the cars will have that ability, and I think this would aid people in their car purchasing too.

I may also add the prices of the new cars at the dealerships. Used cars vary too much so I won't add those.

I am deeply dissapointed! who needs so many dif mazda's etc? Almost no european race cars.....
I am buying the game but it will not be even close to what i was hoping for! I am sure many others feel the same

To make it more easier to find cars, it might be a little better to separate the premiums and standards. I don't know what to do about the ones available in both premium and standard versions, though.

Each car should have a cost and skill/licence requirement to buy.
I would only use a database such as this because I intend to collect cars like Pokemon and an Excel spreadsheet with filters would be a handy way to keep track of it all.

I am deeply dissapointed! who needs so many dif mazda's etc? Almost no european race cars.....
I am buying the game but it will not be even close to what i was hoping for! I am sure many others feel the same
Yea, it sucks how so many newer cars are left out, and some companies don't even have their best car (Masarati MC12, and so forth). Some companies don't even have one model in the game. There is no Koenissegg (ccx-r), SSC (ultimate aero), Ascari (a10), Gumpert (apollo), Ultima (GTR), Noble (m12/m15), Mosler (mt900), and Zenvo (st1). You get the point right? I can go on all day. It's like all they know is all things Japanese, which in all honesty, isn't that great anymore. Less Japanese crap, more modern supercars is what GT needs.

And I hate the 50 different but same cars. Why can't we just modify them into all those if we want. That one car, should be able to become all of them instead of their current methodology. Those cars are terrible 'fillers' in my eyes.

Each car should have a cost and skill/licence requirement to buy.
I would only use a database such as this because I intend to collect cars like Pokemon and an Excel spreadsheet with filters would be a handy way to keep track of it all.

Exact reason why I started putting this together. I wanted to be able to keep track of all the cars I owned, and then decided on ways to filter the cars in the list to see what I had from this manufacturer, or what I'm missing from this era.

To make it more easier to find cars, it might be a little better to separate the premiums and standards. I don't know what to do about the ones available in both premium and standard versions, though.

This will be a part of the spreadsheet. Cars will be able to be filtered by Premium, Standard, and both.

Hey Falango, I know you're excited to make this, but I and Jump_Ace are doing exactly the same thing, and we already have the database in SQL, as well as the website to host it. The only thing left is adding the cars and their specs :D. What do you think of making kind of a partnership?

Maybe to make compilation quicker we could all take a particular Marque and add to this process. Just upload csv files as we go on a file sharer.

As to what info we need well for a starters I would have the following:

Marque (GT5 Make)
Model Type(i.e. all GT-Rs would be listed as Skylines, WRXs as Imprezas)
Model Name (GT5 car name)
Premium/Standard
New/Used
Price
Spec A requirements
Spec B requirements
Licence requirements (i.e. Int A)
Licence level requirements (i.e. level 20)
Drive config (FF, FR, 4WD, etc.)
Country
Engine (I4, V6, R, etc.)
Engine Capacity (cc)
Induction (turbo, NA)
kW
nM
Gears (5, 6, CVT, Auto-only)
Weight (kg)
Racing variant (y/n)
Performance Points

I can't think of any thing else I'd wan't to know...

Maybe to make compilation quicker we could all take a particular Marque and add to this process. Just upload csv files as we go on a file sharer.

As to what info we need well for a starters I would have the following:

Marque (GT5 Make)
Model Type(i.e. all GT-Rs would be listed as Skylines, WRXs as Imprezas)
Model Name (GT5 car name)
Premium/Standard
New/Used
Price
Spec A requirements
Spec B requirements
Licence requirements (i.e. Int A)
Licence level requirements (i.e. level 20)
Drive config (FF, FR, 4WD, etc.)
Country
Engine (I4, V6, R, etc.)
Engine Capacity (cc)
Induction (turbo, NA)
kW
nM
Gears (5, 6, CVT, Auto-only)
Weight (kg)
Racing variant (y/n)
Performance Points

I can't think of any thing else I'd wan't to know...

Talk about comprehensive. 👍

There's a lot of the same car/s, different variations, but still many. e.g S2000/Skyline GT-R.

Also, I hope the S15 is Premium! & that there is variation within the selection of premium cars. e.g. 10 of those premium cars are GT-R's...

Back