GT5 Car Database

• Thread starter Falango
  • 539 comments
I believe there is an error in the PP value for the BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99, in http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=91 it is listed as having an initial PP of 780. However I just got a new one (0 km) from a level 23 ticket, and it is 712 PP after oil change and installing turbos, no run-in. Maybe the initial PP value listed in mygranturismo was meant to be 708 and there was a typo?

Thanks for all your work 👍
Cheers

Yes, indeed, that was a typo. Corrected, thanks :)

Milouse,

Suggestion:
Jeff Gordon is a one-piece suit. Probably better suited as a new category "Special Outfits" rather than under "Collector Items"

Milouse,

Suggestion:
Jeff Gordon is a one-piece suit. Probably better suited as a new category "Special Outfits" rather than under "Collector Items"

Yes, i saw this once i came back home today as i received your "samples" ;-) (thx by the way !)

I'm not sure i will fix it now, as it would involve a bit of (too much) work.

The CLK Race Car case...

This car can be seen under two different names in GT5:
1. Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98
2. Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98

It appears that two different players can see two different names on the same screen for this car, and that one user can see two different names in two different menu in the game.

One car, two names ; i think PD did not intend to have this situation. It looks like a sort of caching problem that occured when they edit the name.

Hello Milouse how are you? I've been out of GT5 for a long time now...
I came back and found a lot of good news, helmets, suits, and of course you provided all the collectors gears on your database, thanks and compliments!!!
Now i'm updating all my stuff and i've noticed a strange behaviour on your DB (or maybe its me doing something wrong) I bought the new DLC cars, but when i compare my premium cars on gt5 garage, there is one car more than on my garage on mygranturismo.net.
filtering out i came out with this:
when you filter only premium cars by nation USA and drive FR
http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?make=&country=USA&start=0&garage=y&quality=P&drive=FR

this car is not listed... and should be:
Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

without filtering by FR, "Challenger SRT8 Touring Car" is present in the list, but the total amount found in garage (290 in my case) miss one...
therefore my guess is that somehow the Challenger SRT8 Touring Car does not count on the total of db?
Am I right?

TNX and take care

Last edited:
Hi Powerdrome,
it's good to see that some GT5 players are coming back (you're not the only one in the last weeks). I've changed the country of the Challenger SRT8 Touring Car to USA (it was Japan, as the official website wrongly claim it is a Gran Turismo maker car). Does it solved the counting problem?

Hi Powerdrome,
it's good to see that some GT5 players are coming back (you're not the only one in the last weeks). I've changed the country of the Challenger SRT8 Touring Car to USA (it was Japan, as the official website wrongly claim it is a Gran Turismo maker car). Does it solved the counting problem?

Hello Milouse,
thanks a lot, it's OK now.

Take care a c u...

Last edited:
Hello Milouse,in GT5 under helmets and suits it lists some new gear that are not listed in your gear section but in the items/specialoutfit:
HELMETS:
GranTurismo official
Simpson Diamond black
Simpson Diamond white
Simpson Diamond matte black

SUITS:
Alpinestars white
Alpinestars Black

Can you put them in the gears? Because doing so the number owned in GT5 never match the number on myGT

TNX

Hi Powerdrome.
I understand it looks weird to have these new gear objects in the Item section and not in the Gear section but the Gear section has been originaly designed taking into consideration that each gear stuff had not a specific name but just a style and an associated numeric label. In order to make new gear available as soon as possible, i've had to put them in the Item section, designed to manage stuff with specific name. Merging Gear and Items pages would make the new page really heavy for some browsers (IOS devices already struggle to display those pages).

Hi Powerdrome.
I understand it looks weird to have these new gear objects in the Item section and not in the Gear section but the Gear section has been originaly designed taking into consideration that each gear stuff had not a specific name but just a style and an associated numeric label. In order to make new gear available as soon as possible, i've had to put them in the Item section, designed to manage stuff with specific name. Merging Gear and Items pages would make the new page really heavy for some browsers (IOS devices already struggle to display those pages).

Ok Milouse, thanks for your explanation.
Yeah, from the iPad sometimes it doesn't load the page correctly...

Milouse, I need your help with my gear database total count.
I was updating it with the ipad, something went wrong, so my gt5 total number sign 364, on mygt.net it says 365.
I have checked 5 times, i ended up emptying all the entries on mygt, infact it signs 1 suit total, even if no boxes are selected.

What's going on, can you solve this please...

I've just tried with an empty account, add and remove suits, and end to 0 as expected. Did you try to reload the page?

Edit: No problem on Ipad, and your Gear is empty on the site database too.

Last edited:
Milouse
I've just tried with an empty account, add and remove suits, and end to 0 as expected. Did you try to reload the page?

Edit: No problem on Ipad, and your Gear is empty on the site database too.

Yes reloaded, logged out and in again. No suits selected, and count 1. It must be something with my account

OK, with your screenshot, I think I understand: you don't see the Jeff Gordon special suit in Compact Mode (i'll end to remove it by the way, as it is also on item page) 💡

Everything OK this morning; i tried to do a comparison with another user, when i reloaded the gear page the count was 0. Restored my data, seems OK.

What did you do??

Last edited:
Milouse
Indeed, you had a ghost entry, a Titan labeled 255 :ouch:

Two users had this bug.

Yeah, i guessed something similar, because when i was updating entries with ipad, at one point on one box, instead of the usual number "1", i got a strange sign like "Nan" or similar.

Anyway thank you very much, what do you suggest? Not using iDevices?

powerdrome
Yeah, i guessed something similar, because when i was updating entries with ipad, at one point on one box, instead of the usual number "1", i got a strange sign like "Nan" or similar.

Anyway thank you very much, what do you suggest? Not using iDevices?

This bug occured 3 times out of more than a million click, and i'll take measure so that it won't write wrong value in database anymore, my suggestion is that you continue using ipad and report any new bug ;-)

Hi Milouse.

I was wondering how you were able to put prices in the car list for the Buick Special, the HPA Stage II R32 and the Jaguar XFR. These 3 standard cars have the reputation of never appearing in the UCD, that is why I am asking. Thanks in advance.

I don't know for sure, but I remember Buick Special has appeared in OCD once, and the two others can be sold, hence their price calculated.

Yes , the Buick was for sale at half prize. This leaves there 1 Cr. margin of error for 100% accurate prize.

And there are 2 or 3 ways to get to know the prizes.

MadMax

@Milouse or anybody who knows
I searched but found different answers to this:
Is the Toyota NASCAR Gamestop DLC (fantasy) available to Eu users?
Some say no, others say that using the NASCAR ticket the car should come out.

Thanks

I think you could redeem a code on your EU PSN account and download the car, but it won't appear in the PAL game itself, or even appear shortly before being removed (this happened in such cases).

GT Academy 2012 Cars has started to be gifted (in Community tab) with the Leaf just received, i've already added all of them (without full data yet) in the car database.

@Milouse or anybody who knows
I searched but found different answers to this:
Is the Toyota NASCAR Gamestop DLC (fantasy) available to Eu users?
Some say no, others say that using the NASCAR ticket the car should come out.

Thanks

You can get it from a year 2000 ticket but as soon as you quit the game, it is undriveable unless you have the code but it will remain in your garage. Sorry for double post

I've added a brand new view mode to the carlist page: the Compact view.

Is is an alternative to the well known main car database interface, with following differences:
- All GT5 cars on one single page (with only main specs), no page reloading unless you reorder the list.
- One multi-purpose dynamic text filter. For example, type "skyline" to see all skyline, or "japan" to see only japanese cars, or "4WD" for that transmission type only ("FR " end space to avoid french cars in FR trans) . All this instantly.
- Three basic filters to hide garage cars, Premium/standard ...
- A + button appears next to own cars to add one more to garage without having to hold mouse button. Touch device user should like it.
- Unlike the other mode, your garage cars and models count are updated live as you add/remove cars.
- Click on a car open the car's page in a new tab by default.

The Compact/Normal mode switch is located above sorting options. The last view mode you choose is autosaved on your browser but can be switch at any time.

Latest Posts

Back