Stiggy's Photolab: Updated October 2nd

• Thread starter Stiggy
  • 48 comments
Australia
New South Wales
thestig-13
StiggyGTP
JJOzA.png

Welcome to my gallery. You can request a car or track to be included in the next update.

The pictures in the first few updates will be unedited, mainly because they don't need as much editing as GT4's pictures needed and I need to polish my basic ingame photomode technique before editing. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. Pictures after and including in post 7 are edited.

Hopefully you will enjoy viewing my pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them. You can view my pictures from GT4 by clicking here.

Below are clickable links to updates. These will be arranged in order of date posted

Last edited:
Competition Entries

PMC and 2.0

Week 1
PMC: Open Theme

2.0: Open Theme

Week 2
PMC: We Love Cars

2.0: Red vs. Blue

Week 3
PMC: Stand-alone Standards

Week 4
PMC: Scenery

2.0: Reflections

Week 5
PMC: Interiors

2.0: Top Gear

Week 6
PMC: Snowy White

2.0: Ferrari vs. Lamborghini

Week 7
PMC: Rally

2.0: Sunrise and Sunsets (This picture was featured in the "10 Years of GTPlanet" news article)

Week 9
PMC: Lotus Vs. TVR

2.0: Retro

Week 11
PMC: Airbourne

2.0: Honda: The Power of Dreams

Week 12
PMC: Old vs. New

2.0: SuperGT Battle

Week 13
PMC: MidNight Club

2.0: San Gimigano

Week 15
PMC: Wheels

2.0: 35mm f1/4

Week 16
2.0: Black and White

Week 22
PMC: Become the PMC Drift King!

2.0: Gravel vs. Snow

Week 24
PMC: Straight Lines vs. Curves

Week 26
PMC: Close-ups

2.0: Black and White vs. Selective Colour

Week 32
PMC: Beauty vs. Adrenaline

2.0: So Real

Week 45
2.0: Luxury Week

Week 48
2.0: 1960-1970 Le Mans

Week 49
2.0: Concepts

Week 50
PMC: Glow in the Dark

2.0: Classics: Japan vs. Europe

Week 51
2.0: Dorifto!

Week 52
PMC: Black vs. White

2.0: Do the Wankel!

Week 54
2.0: Uphill vs. Downhill

CCCL

Week 7
Suzuki Swift at London

Week 8
Ferrari 458 Italia at High Speed Ring

Week 12
Mercedes 300SL at Toscana (Tarmac)

Summer Special Week
Tesla Roadster at Mt. Aso

Week 36
HKS 230R at Tsukuba

Photoshop

Week 22
Goodwood Festival of Speed - Judge's Choice winner

Week 37
Top Gear Magazine

Last edited:
update1banner.png

As the title suggests, these are just a few random pictures of various cars I have driven in just under a week of playing GT5. I know these aren't exactly the best possible pictures but I am just learning my way around the new photomode. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this first update and other upcoming updates.

circuitdelasarthe20091v.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20092.jpg

highspeedringg.jpg

highspeedring2.jpg

redbullhangar7d.jpg

tsukubacircuit.jpg

tsukubacircuit1.jpg

tsukubacircuit2k.jpg

update2banner.jpg

The Grand Tour. A special event that winds it's way down from the Swiss alps to Rome with 5 stops along the way, each race with it's own unique character, whether it be an Alfa Romeo blasting through the Eiger mountains, an all Ferrari race at Monza, a drive under the setting sun with a Lamborghini through the countryside, a timed rally run on a dusty Tuscan track and finally taking the iconic Lamborghini Miura through the streets of Rome.

eigernordwandshorttrackh.jpg

eigernordwandshorttrackt.jpg

eigernordwandshorttracke.jpg

eigernordwandshorttrackn.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzaz.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzaf.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzaj.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzai.jpg

toscanatarmacy.jpg

toscanatarmac2.jpg

toscanatarmac3.jpg

toscanatarmac7.jpg

toscana3.jpg

toscana7.jpg

toscana12.jpg

toscana15.jpg

romed.jpg

rome1md.jpg

rome20.jpg

rome3a.jpg

update3banner.jpg

Who said that Standard model cars couldn't look good? The Mazda Furai, with its unique styling from the "Nagare" series of concept cars, proves that even a standard car can look great, especially at night with it's LED lights on the front, side and rear.

specialstageroute72.jpg

specialstageroute73r.jpg

specialstageroute74.jpg

specialstageroute75.jpg

specialstageroute76.jpg

specialstageroute77j.jpg

specialstageroute78.jpg

specialstageroute79.jpg

specialstageroute710.jpg

specialstageroute711.jpg

specialstageroute716.jpg

update4banner.png

Most races are finished by the time the sun sets. However in a 24 hour endurance race, when the sun sets, the race just starts to heat up. Audi have been dominant in these type of events over the past decade, winning 9 out of 11 Le Mans 24 Hours races since 2000. The R10 pictured here was the first diesel fuelled car to win at Le Mans, and started a trend that other teams, such as Peugeot, had to follow just to keep up.

toscanatarmac25.jpg

toscanatarmac26.jpg

toscanatarmac27.jpg

toscanatarmac30.jpg

toscanatarmac32.jpg

toscanatarmac11.jpg

toscanatarmac21.jpg

The R8 Shots round Toscana are fantastic I can't find that course in my arcade or practise and I really want to take some snaps there :(

The R8 Shots round Toscana are fantastic I can't find that course in my arcade or practise and I really want to take some snaps there :(

It's one of the course maker locations. Also, it's an Audi R10, not R8 :P

Anyways, nice pics!

update5banner.png

The Red Bull X2010. A car created with the intention of showing what a racing car could be if the rulebooks were thrown away. Who needs the energy drink to get your heart racing when you can just have a lap of a race track in this?

rbx20101.jpg

rbx20102.jpg

rbx20103.jpg

rbx20104.jpg

rbx20105.jpg

rbx20106.jpg

Great gallery 👍

I like them all, but the 5th picture down on post #4 (where the F40 is in focus) is my favourite. Top work :)

Nice gallery- you have a lot of nice clean, well composed pictures. I like the furai set, good work with a standard car 👍

Last edited:
grrlpurple - Thanks!
RikkiGT-R - Thanks, the F40 shot is easily my favourite one of the Ferrari pictures at Monza as well
boozybloke - Thanks, the Furai set is one of my personal favourites, simply because it's such a great looking car (in my opinion)

Anyway, time to continue with the photos...

update6banner.png

The Daytona 500. The greatest event on the NASCAR calendar, second only to the Superbowl in terms of famous American sporting events. 200 laps at 200mph, the speed only broken by yellow flags and pitstops. For some, qualifying is an epic achievement, for others, winning is the only option.

nascarallmendinger.jpg

nascarbusch.jpg

nascarearnhardtjr.jpg

nascaredwards.jpg

nascargordon.jpg

nascarhamlin.jpg

nascarjohnson.jpg

nascarlogano.jpg

nascarmontoya.jpg

nascarstewart.jpg

nascarvickers.jpg

I'm going to do more of these updates to coincide with famous motor racing events, such as the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Nurburgring 24 hours, etc.

Hey Stig13, I don't think I've visited your gallery before, not easy trying to see and comment on everyones stuff. But you have a few nice shots in your collection so far.

I like these two best. Nice stuff. 👍

I also quite like your post banner style for sets, simple but fitting and bold. Has the feel of a number plate, not sure if thats your intention but I think it works.

update7banner.png

Which is better? The V8 (or V10 in the case of the Viper) roar of an American Muscle car or the turbocharged boost of a tuned Japanese Domestic Market car. The answer: You can decide on that.

These photos were taken in a GTPlanet Photo Shoot.

musclevsjdm1.jpg

musclevsjdm2.jpg

musclevsjdm3.jpg

musclevsjdm4.jpg

musclevsjdm5.jpg

musclevsjdm6.jpg

musclevsjdm7.jpg

musclevsjdm8.jpg

musclevsjdm9.jpg

musclevsjdm10.jpg

musclevsjdm11.jpg

musclevsjdm12.jpg

musclevsjdm13.jpg

Last edited:
update7banner.png

*Click for larger image*

NEWS: I am now taking requests for a future update.

Last edited:
Nice pictures. Really like the theme of midnight club. The only thing I would request is B&W shots. I love them :D

update8banner.png

This is the first of a series of updates dedicated to manufacturers. For the first of these updates I have chosen Lamborghini, since they have made many iconic supercars, most of which feature in this update.

The story of Lamborghini is certainly an interesting one, as legend has it started out when Ferruccio Lamborghini complained to Enzo Ferrari about the quality of his cars. The legend says that Enzo told Ferruccio to go back to making tractors. Enzo would have regretted saying that...

randombanner.jpg

It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but in that time I haven't given up with GT5 photomode, it was just that I was too lazy to upload the pictures! Anyway, for this update there is no theme, and for most of my posts from here on in it will remain that way. It'll probably end up like my GT4 gallery, with a number of pictures from each car/track combo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment 20832, that's one of my favourite shots and it's also my PS3 wallpaper.

f40banner.jpg

For this update I'm going to concentrate on two legends, the Ferrari F40 and the Nurburgring Nordschliefe. This just has to be one of the most photogenic combinations you can get in GT5. All of these pics are just begging to be clicked for the full size version, and believe me, you won't be disappointed if you do!

Last edited:
Back