SlideFX -- We're recruiting. The requirements? Hands and eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
AR, USA
SFX_Adavicro
SFX Adavicro
4471768034_1dd5fdc2b9_o.jpg

Welcome to the SlideFX Headquarters

Established 1-15-2010

Our team colors are Baby Seal Tears with Unicorn Fart Metallic colored wheels.

We here at Slide Effects are a close-knit group of friends that share a passion for cars, drifting, and motorsports in general. The team started on Forza 3, forged from individuals that found commonality in going sideways, and soon solidified itself as a respected team. Our team did not earn respect through battling and personal records, but instead from being involved in the community, helping others, and keeping clear of drama. We dont like to take things too seriously, either, we're always up for a good laugh and it definitely shows when we get together for a slide. We will continue on in Forza 3 as that's where it all started, but there's nothing wrong with being multi-platform. Regardless, we're making a partial move over to Gran Turismo 5 and this will be the place where we have general discussions, share photos, organize sessions, and more. Feel free to stop by and get involved, meet the team and hopefully have a cheap laugh or two! See you on the track!​

We are recruiting by invite only.

Roster:

SFX Adavicro
Team Leader
Name: Adam
PSN ID: SFX_Adavicro
ALT ID: Adavicro
XBL GT: SFX Adavicro
GTP: Adavicro
Favorite Track: Toscana
Favorite Section: Circuito de Madrid Reverse
Weapon of Choice: 1970 Dodge Challenger RM
Sidearm: Nissan Silvia S13 / Sprinter Trueno AE86
Wheel or Controller?: Wheel
Fun Fact: I merge without looking.
Quote: "Hey Canada, got a mic?"

SFX Pwner
Co-Leader
Name: Jeremy
PSN ID: SFX_Pwner
ALT ID: CurrentlyFapping
XBL GT: I RagingPwner I
GTP: RagingPwner
Favorite Track: Tsukuba
Favorite Section: Undetermined
Weapon of Choice: Corvette ZR1
Sidearm: 1969 Camaro RM
Wheel or Controller?: Controller
Fun Fact: I sound like I'm 10 years old.
Quote: "I'm boring so I don't have a quote."

SFX Fadam
Name: Adam
PSN ID: SFX_Fadz
ALT ID: Fadam23
XBL GT: SFX Fadam
GTP: Fadam
Favorite Track: Toscana
Weapon of Choice: BMW M3 E92
Sidearm: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Fun Fact: I solve problems by shouting.
Quote: "Niceeeeee"

SFX Dcube
Name: Jason
PSN ID: SFX_Cubekiller
ALT ID: DCUBEx
XBL GT: SFX Dcube
GTP: dcube
Favorite Track: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
Weapon of Choice: Maserati GranTurismo
Sidearm: Some Random Race Car
Fun Fact: I hate everyone.
Quote: "Christopher, I'm going to kill you."

SFX CircuitHero
Name: Andy
PSN ID: SFX_CircuitHero
ALT ID: DC2CircuitHero
XBL GT: SJD Blu3diamond
GTP: DC2CircuitHero
Favorite Track: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
Weapon of Choice: Mecedes C63
Sidearm: Nissan S14
Fun Fact: I only know 2 facts about ducks and they're both wrong.
Quote: "Word!"

SFX Kustomz
Name: Matt
PSN ID: SFX_Kustomz
ALT ID: BS_Kustomz
XBL GT: LumpyTunic
GTP: BS_Kustomz
Favorite Track: Special Route Stage 5
Weapon of Choice: Sprinter Trueno AE86
Sidearm: Renault 5 Turbo
Fun Fact: I am ranked #287 in the world on the Monza drift sector in a VW Beetle.
Quote: "I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."

SFX BkS
Name: Baljit
PSN ID: SFX_BkS
ALT ID: BkS-y0
XBL GT: SFX-BkS
GTP: BkS
Favorite Track: Nurburgring 24 Hours
Favorite Section: Suzuka
Weapon of Choice: BMW E85 Z4.
Sidearm: Jaguar S-Type R
Fun Fact: I shout a lot at my wee brother.
Quote: "Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer!"

SFX Nightpyre
Name: David
PSN ID: SFX_Nightpyre
ALT ID: Nightpyre-
GTP: Nightpyre
Favorite Track: Circuito de Madrid Reverse
Weapon of Choice: RX-7 Spirit R
Sidearm: Nismo 380RS Super Leggera
Wheel or Controller?: Controller
Fun Fact: I've raced in the real world.
Quote: "Blame Canada!"

About the SlideFX lobbies:

General Info:
Typical Maximum Players Allowed: 5-12
Times that you may see the lobby online: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM CST or 6:00 PM GMT - 6:00 AM GMT

Our team hosts regular drifting lobbies on nearly a daily basis and everyone is welcome. We drift, we cruise, we chill and just generally try to have fun. For anyone who wants to practice, learn, or just have some tandems with randoms feel free to come by and hopefully you'll have a good time. Below is general information about the lobby we host in hopes it will be of use.

Also, it should be noted that you won't see a "normal" track rotation filled with your usual Tsukuba, Suzuka then Fuji and back again, but a more varied selection. Sure we visit those tracks, but with over 60+ custom layouts there's always something new going on. From sprawling Toscana tracks to tight kart layouts there's a little bit of everything. We might even slide around on some snow or gravel in our FR drifters just for fun. Some well known and also underground sections from the regular GT5 track list will also show their ugly faces often, with sections from Madrid Reverse, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Cape Ring and many, many others.

Lobby Notes:*
  • RWD Only
  • FR Layout Preferred
  • Unlimited Horsepower
  • Comfort Medium/Comfort Hard Only
  • All Assists Off, ABS is allowed
  • Grip/Track Edge set to Real
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption Off
  • Damage is Off
  • Mic is preferred, but not necessary
  • Use Common Sense
  • Have Fun

Common Courtesy:*
I really shouldn't have to put this here, but it's just a heads up for anyone that would like to know good drifting etiquette as far as being respectful on the track is concerned.

• The No Overtaking Policy -- It's common sense really, don't overtake unless it's necessary. When drifting with other people, the goal should be to try to follow their line to the best of your abilities, not try to grip up and time attack through the inside. So please, try to hold a tandem line for as long as possible. Sometimes it is okay to overtake the car in front of you, like when they are spinning out, or taking a painfully wide and slow line. As above, use common sense.
  • Hey, wait up dude! -- Seriously, wait on people that are looking to tandem, especially newer drifters. It can be on the straights, or wherever there is a break in the action, but show some courtesy and wait up for people that fall behind. We all join online lobbies to drift near other people, right?
  • Bumps and Bruises -- There are going to be crashes, and scrapes, that's part of drifting. Just don't go all Rambo on everyone and start crashing for no reason. Simple.
  • Wow, Stay Still -- When you spin in front of other people, especially on a tight track, try to stay put. Let other drivers pass before you pull out in front of everyone, I don't know how many awesome trains have been ruined by people being careless.
  • Finally... Don't take it too serious -- Although there are these "rules" and "courtesy tips" that doesn't mean they're written in stone. For the most part, the lobby is laid back and we have fun, most of the time its a lot of random good times. When things do get serious business, though, it's nice to have some order. Just use your brain and all will be gravy.

* These rules apply when we are drifting. For cruising, touge, etc. some things may be changed.

Last edited:
Time Attack:

This started as something to do as a team while PSN went offline, and since then it has taken shape and become a bit more organized. We are a drift team, and this is a drifting thread, but to pass the time we will have routine competitions for the fun of it. Everyone is welcome to participate.

Since this is an offline thing, it has to be based on an honor system. Play fair, there's no sense cheating to try to gain e-glory. The time that you post should be honest, a quick picture or screenshot of your TV would be nice but not necessary. We will have a leaderboard that is open to all who wish to do a bit of time attack and see how they stack up.

Current Event: None, because we're all too busy drifting.

Leaderboard:
  1. ------------
  2. ------------
  3. ------------
  4. ------------
  5. ------------
  6. ------------
  7. ------------
  8. ------------

Rules and Regulations:
  • All Assists Off, No Driving Line
  • ABS is allowed
  • Grip/Track Edge set to Real
  • Damage is Off
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption Off
  • Be honest and don't cheat
  • Double check to make sure your car meets the requirements

As of right now, we have four different time attack classes, each with their own unique restrictions. The horsepower and tire limit cap applies to all drivetrains, but weight min/max restrictions may change depending on the car layout. Below are the four classes and their limitations for the RWD format, which is the most common time attack we will run. For AWD, the weight cap may be a bit higher, and FWD a bit lower. The RWD class restrictions are as follows.

Street: 350hp cap, 1300kg weight cap, Comfort Soft tires, no RM vehicles
ProStreet: 475hp cap, 1200kg weight cap, Sports Hard tires, no RM vehicles
Tuner: 650hp cap, 1100kg weight cap, Sports Soft tires
Unlimited: No Restrictions

Touge:

Coming soon.

News:

2-23-11: We are now recruiting by invite only, so send me a message here on the forums or on the PS3 if you are interested. You wont be required to tryout in the literal sense, but just come hang out for a while and if we seem to get along than I will ask if you want to join the team.

3-10-11: Berry has been added to the team after a good while of being in the nightly lobbies, congrats and welcome. Spazzy, Pwner and Cookie have effectively joined the GT5 side of our team after being awesome teammates on Forza. We have a few more spots for some new members, theres a few people that may be asked to join in the coming days. I figure Ill max out the roster at 10 or 12 members but we will see how it goes. Dont hesitate to add any of us for some drifting, at least one of us should be in a lobby at any given time.

3-19-11: I finally put CircuitHero on the roster so make sure you add him and vice versa. The lobbies have been good lately, and even though we are recruiting, just by taking out that litle bit of information from the title has made the rooms a lot less chaotic. Ive also reduced the size of the lobbies since Im learning on the wheel and dont want to be crashed into repeatedly. If you would like to come chill send out some friend requests. In regard to recruitment, we will be taking on a few more members but they will only be the most dedicated and chill people I can find, Im really pushing for a few people from timezones outside the US to vary things up a bit. Stay tuned.

4-3-11: The team is starting to get settled now and I'm happy with the way things are going. We have a solid roster of really cool people that each bring something different to the table. Right now we have nine members, and thats plenty in my opinion. Thats not to say we wont recruit anyone else, but now we only want highly skilled drifters. The person's personality has been and always will be our number one priority, but its time to get some beasts. From here on I would really like to pick up only people who drift the wheel, but that isn't to say we wont recruit someone thats great on controller. Like I said, a person's character is most important but we are only going to be interested in drifters that have a qualified skillset going forward. Shoot either Fadam or myself a friend request and we can hang out and see what's up.

4-11-11: Pictures have finally been added to the media section. If you would like yours added, PM about five of your best drifting pictures and I'll put them up. CookieNinja has also been put under the inactive list. We're still recruiting talented, down to earth drifters so feel free to come drift with us anytime, who knows what will happen.

4-20-11: Lobby information added, don't hesitate to add anyone from SFX for some drifting, anyone is welcome to come chill. Just shoot us a message.

4-23-11: CookieNinja has been removed from the roster due to inactivity. This is a team where there are little rules, and the rules that we do have should be obvious enough that I don't have to put them anywhere, let alone tell anyone about them. With that in mind, if anyone goes inactive for more than four weeks without reason or without trying to contact the team, you will be removed from the roster. That should be simple enough.

5-7-11: The OP has had a massive overhaul. Changes include but are not limited to: Favorite standard car in driver profiles, time attack information added including leaderboard, a thorough edit to lobby information and a lot more.

5-31-11: Berry and Spazzy have been removed from the team due to inactivity. BS_Kustomz and CommdorePuddles have effectively joined. We are still recruiting wheel drifters by invite only so come join the lobby and maybe we will be future teammates.

7-12-11: Commodore has been removed from the roster, BkS and Nightpyre have been added.

Last edited:
Media:

Updated: 4/11/11

5567398228_81cb64cd7b_b.jpg

SFX Adavicro, SFX Fadam -- taken by SFX Adavicro

5567443552_21949d0889_b.jpg

SFX Fadam, SFX Adavicro -- taken by SFX Adavicro

5572955302_faeb6a9024_b.jpg

SFX Fadam, SFX Adavicro -- taken by SFX Fadam

5572955028_27df2a82f8_b.jpg

SFX Adavicro, SFX Fadam -- taken by SFX Fadam

5477261067_daba4df5cf_b.jpg

taken by SFX Fadam

5477261093_79eb618e0b_b.jpg

taken by SFX Fadam

5236442530_39156940d0_b.jpg

taken by SFX Fadam

5572954574_fedbb5bf83_b.jpg

taken by SFX Fadam

5567443560_f32d2536ea_b.jpg

SFX Adavicro, SFX Dcube -- taken by SFX Adavicro

5567443558_e7ef8a96f5_b.jpg

SFX Adavicro, SFX Dcube -- taken by SFX Adavicro

5567398244_8bb09f6bfd_b.jpg

SFX Adavicro, SFX Spazzy -- taken by SFX Adavicro

5567443542_7513b7e65b_b.jpg

SFX Spazzy, SFX Adavicro -- taken by SFX Adavicro

The names of the drivers are in order as they appear in the photo going left to right, followed by the name of who took the picture.

Last edited:
Looking forward to see what's going on here!

What kind of drifting you getting upto?

*Edit - Just noticed your from Scotland?! Hit me up for some twin!

Marley-TougeHero <- Thats the psn man

What do you mean what kind of drifting?

And for sure man i will add you tomorrow when my PS3 arrives with GT5. :)

And basically what will go on in this thread, is we will talk nonsense to each other all day, thats what happened on forza. our thread has 16000 replies on there lol

16000 replies, with the occasional serious business lol.
If anyone's on tomorrow, hit me up, I've hardly played GT5 due to schoolwork etc, but I've got a good chance tomorrow :P

We're more tandem kind of drifters more then anything else

And basically what will go on in this thread, is we will talk nonsense to each other all day, thats what happened on forza. our thread has 16000 replies on there lol

I think he means if its show drift or speed drift. I assume everyone on this board knows how to do both.

KSL
I think he means if its show drift or speed drift. I assume everyone on this board knows how to do both.

We just tandem with each other :P some people on the team are slow, some are fast, some are indifferent :)

Well what's goin on here then ae ;)?

Had this account for ages, never used it though >_<

Also Cro, you got my PSN wrong :P its BkS-y0 ;)

Last edited:

Thats good, as long as you guys are down for fun :) I wasnt really asking what technically you were like drifting, just if you competed or just drift for fun. But now the original post has been edited i see!

Sure, would be fun to drift with some fellow Scots! If you need any cars to get started with i can gift some over.

Tandem's are fun, but just mucking about together is the best :) trying out new things and talking **** haha :D

BkS
Well what's goin on here then ae ;)?

Had this account for ages, never used it though >_<

Also Cro, you got my PSN wrong :P its BkS-y0 ;)

Fixing, I knew it was somethin along those lines :)

Well, I won't be posting much here seeing as new users are moderated and it seems like my previous post wasn't approved, but well you guys have fun with GT5.

Thread looks sexy sauce now

Good, good. I would have to agree, although I'm biased :)

Edit: Also, Bk, if you have nothing to do and want a little creative project work on a new banner for the thread. Something similar to what we have now but your own flare on it would be sick. Let me know.

Right, i decided, i'm going to make another account, but it won't be my main account untill i got as far as i am in GT Life now then ill switch over proper

Right, i decided, i'm going to make another account, but it won't be my main account untill i got as far as i am in GT Life now then ill switch over proper

Awesome. What level are you?

I'll see what I can do. Not been to the 'shop in ages :embarrassed:.

Added a few more of your pictures Adam, and Bk that sounds good. You're a beast in PS so I'm sure you can whip somethin up easily.

If anyone else has any photos they've taken post em up. I think I've seen Chapman/Cookie post a few on the forza forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back