HDR photos

• Thread starter doogle510
  • 1,297 comments
Wow these are brilliant. I'm guessing you used CS5 HDR function plus took heaps of bracketed images?

Yeah… what he said… is that how you're doing it?

I was waiting for someone to do some HDR images; those look fantastic! Not as overdone as a lot tend to be.

Yea that's what I'm doing, taking anywhere between 3-5 bracketed shots and using photomatix to merge them, and then tweaking them some more in PS4
just did these two

Inspired by doogle510, I thought I'd give HDR a go…

gtr-bridge-hdr.jpg

gtr-tunnel-hdr.jpg

gtr-street-hdr.jpg

it is possible with JPG, but obviously RAW is preferable :)
GT puts out some pretty high quality JPGs tho, so totally doable.
I love HDR, but friends dont let friends do HDR on drugs (over the top HDR = too psychadelic for my personal taste)
i like tastefully done HDR's, so far, most impressed by Doogles - the balance of contrast/saturation seems quite good
the others are either not enough or too much hdr effect
I have a slew of HDR (non-GT) photos online if anyone is interested in checking them out

Well what I do is open the JPEG in PS4 and convert them to Tiff's I dont like to use just a JPEG for HDR, it seems to work better with Tiff's, even when I shoot RAW with my DSLR, I convert them to Tiff's too. Glad you guys like them.

Well what I do is open the JPEG in PS4 and convert them to Tiff's I dont like to use just a JPEG for HDR, it seems to work better with Tiff's, even when I shoot RAW with my DSLR, I convert them to Tiff's too. Glad you guys like them.

This really shouldn't matter. All the quality you'll get is what the quality of the source images is. It's not gonna get any better by converting an image in a lesser quality format to a format that has the ability to have higher quality. When converting RAW images to TIFF you actually get just that: better quality images to start the HDR process with. When you start out with JPEG you may as well keep JPEG because conversion isn't gonna make anything better.

I have yet to do HDR with GT5 (have thought about it though) but here's a nice HDR of my real life car:

4829757226_be7c512ed5_z.jpg

I completely forgotten to take some HDR photos when I was photo taking last night, gotta try it a bit later..

Can someone please please please tell me where i can get photomatix!
the HDR in Photoshop CS5 is Rubish!

where can i get this photomatix?
please send me a personal message

Back