Possibly the greatest victory I'll ever have.

Ireland
Armagh
Shelby 427 1965
5323860898_13006a144d_o.jpg

Audi RS4 wagon.
God I love this car.
Never did I think it could do this.
I had my heart in my mouth the whole race, wetting myself for fear of spinning out.
This is my new baby.

The stats:
5323876494_e6964a0066_o.jpg

Last edited:
I had a good one yesterday on Nurburgring driving the XJ220 race car with a 787B and a Speed 8 on my tail down the final straight they were running side by side trying to pass my Jag bumping me after the half way point of the straight but I managed to hold them off and eek out a win. Was a good race.

nicely done! might seem like a stupid question/statement but you were running the RS4 '01... obviously the premium '09 model will have better performance.. no? i have always considered getting it but i cant justify spending my money on it as i dont really need it at the moment

The reason I didn't use the RS6 Premium basically is because I hate the look of it xD Plus I've always had a thing for that style of Audi :P

I saved the replay - Any easy way I can upload it?

The reason I didn't use the RS6 Premium basically is because I hate the look of it xD Plus I've always had a thing for that style of Audi :P

I saved the replay - Any easy way I can upload it?

arhh... fair point! i know what you mean, RS4 looks loads smarter! pitty about the F'IN standard model!

arhh... fair point! i know what you mean, RS4 looks loads smarter! pitty about the F'IN standard model!

And it looks so wide - I just love it. Man if it was premium.. I'd marry Kaz. Or forcefully kidnap him and pretend to be.

Very Very nicely done i felt proud i won the American championship in my dodge ram but that's impressive, save and treasure that replay must have been a hard race:crazy:

Sorry, but what event are you talking about? I don't understand what's the point of this thread ;)

The event was the GT All stars Nurburgring race.

The point of it is.. Uh.. I guess that it shows even the most unlikely of cars can be a track beast?
I don't know, I was just so awe-struck I felt I had to share it xD

👍 brilliant! How did you hold them off at the straight? Assuming they must be faster there no matter what. Lots of dirty blocking? :sly:

Way to go! Very cool results, I've seen that RS4 in the UCD but passed on it because I already have and love the premium RS6, but knowing it has the physics to make it worth owning is useful so I will pick it up next time it shows up.

There's nothing like beating a bunch of faster cars or online players using the Audi uber wagon and superior knowledge of the Nordchleife... I've even thought of painting mine pink just to make it even more satisfying when I beat them...

My biggest craping myself moment was the nascar championship. i won by 0.052. i thought my heart was going to jump out my mouth.

way to go! Very cool results, i've seen that rs4 in the ucd but passed on it because i already have and love the premium rs6, but knowing it has the physics to make it worth owning is useful so i will pick it up next time it shows up.

There's nothing like beating a bunch of faster cars or online players using the audi uber wagon and superior knowledge of the nordchleife... I've even thought of painting mine pink just to make it even more satisfying when i beat them...

haha! :D

The event was the GT All stars Nurburgring race.

The point of it is.. Uh.. I guess that it shows even the most unlikely of cars can be a track beast [when running against the AI]?
I don't know, I was just so awe-struck I felt I had to share it xD

(bold, italicized is my addition)
I'm still a lowly level 12 a-spec and know little about this event and cars.

I assume this is against AI? Do you think this would be a similar outcome against humans online if you used your RS4 01 model?
:)

Sorry, but what event are you talking about? I don't understand what's the point of this thread ;)
the point of this thread is to show that you can beat top tier cars with a "meh" car; against AI that is.

The point of it is.. Uh.. I guess that it shows even the most unlikely of cars can be a track beast?
Well you managed to beat GT5's AI with a much weaker car, that doesn't mean that its a track beast though; only lap times can tell.

Interesting attempt though, might try something similar.

What mods did you have installed? What tires? Any driving aids?

Wait till you get to the formula one races, they are hard! I won all of them except monaco (cote d'azur), now i officially hate that track.

Wait till you get to the formula one races, they are hard! I won all of them except monaco (cote d'azur), now i officially hate that track.

I already officially hated that track when I did Historic car cup in B-spec. God am I happy I finally finished it.

On topic: Very well done mate.

Answering some questions:
The car is fully modded as far as I remember. Racing soft tyres. Didn't want them but without them there was no hope at all. I used no aids whatsoever. Brake bias was 7 to front, 3 to rear. 10/90 torque split (majority to the rear).

Fastest lap I've got so far in it was 6.53.xxx while attempting to beat these cars. Strangely enough my fastest lap wasn't the one that won it for me :lol:

I would take it online but frankly I can't be bothered. At the minute I enjoy single player too much to even consider online. Which is a good thing ^^

Oh I used a DFGT by the way.

I say it could probably perform the same online but of course you'd have to bare in mind the opponent's skill and connection quality (if they lag it would be harder to do a smooth lap) and any mods they may have.
I might try online later with it if I feel like it and post any results :)

Last edited:
Well done in any car. I love driving the Green Hell, but can't for the life of me break that 7:00 mark. I have come close, in much faster cars than that Audi, but still can't master that beast of a track. I find myself permanently devoted to the Nordschleife in hopes of finally getting the hang of it. Some day... some day...
Cheers to you.

Back