The Free Agents Thread - Looking for a drift team? Post here.

United States
AR, USA
SFX_Adavicro
SFX Adavicro
pickmepick128625395069784313.jpg

The Free Agents Thread

It seems that lately quite a few new threads have been popping up with people wanting to join drift teams. Although the best way to get into a team is to seek out members, join lobbies, or get involved with discussions in team threads, having a centralized location where free agents can post a little bit about themselves so teams can take a look would be beneficial to the community. The main aim of this thread is to keep clutter out of the drifting forum and to provide all GTP members an opportunity of joining a drift team.

A few friendly reminders:
  • Please try to stay on topic.
  • Keep things friendly and civil.
  • Use private messages to discuss team memberships with free agents. Try to keep this thread clear of any discussion if possible, other than free agent applications. It would be best if only free agent drifters posted here that way the thread can be easily scanned through.

Looking for a drift team? Copy and paste the form below and post it in this thread. Be patient when waiting for interest, it can take quite a while to find the right group of people. In the meantime, get out there and just have some fun.

PSN ID:
Favorite Car(s):
Favorite Track(s):
Drifting Experience:
Previous Team(s):
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:
Do you have a microphone?:
How often do you drift on GT5?:
What are you looking for in a team?:
Anything else you would like to add?:

As an example, I'll go ahead and fill one out so you can get the idea.

PSN ID: SFX_Adavicro
Location/Time Zone: USA, Central Standard Time (GMT -6:00)
Favorite Car(s): Dodge Challenger RM, Nissan S13, Toyota AE86
Favorite Track(s): Circuito de Madrid Reverse, Deep Forest, Toscana
GT5 Drifting Experience: Been drifting controller since December 2010, the wheel since March/April 2011. I like to think of myself as an average or slightly above average drifter with decent solo skill and mediocre tandem skill.
Previous GT5 Team(s): None
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: Wheel, Driving Force GT
Do you have a microphone?: Yes
How often do you drift on GT5?: Almost a daily basis
What do you look for in a team?: A laid back, relaxed atmosphere with people who want to have a laugh while drifting and learning on GT5. Battles are alright, but not really a priority, I just like to chill out and have fun.
Anything else you would like to add?: Not really, that about covers it.

Good luck to all you free agents, I hope this turns out to be a valuable resource for both lone wolves and established teams. Any thoughts, tips, comments and criticism are welcome, but let's try to keep this thread nice and tidy. Thanks! 👍

Last edited:
Hi I want to join a 4wd sail team.

This is a good idea, but I got a feeling that a lot will still make new threads lol.

The only thing we need to do is to keep this thread in the first page so they won't start new one's lol.

Maybe teams who are recruiting should post here as well.

wow thats alot!!!! lol, good drifter looking for friendly people to chill and drift with tandem, solo any track with practice it don't matter lets just park on each others door and go. HAPPY DRIFTING

Looking for a drift team? Copy and paste the form below and post it in this thread. Be patient when waiting for interest, it can take quite a while to find the right group of people. In the meantime, get out there and just have some fun.

PSN ID:
Favorite Car(s):
Favorite Track(s):
Drifting Experience:
Previous Team(s):
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:
Do you have a microphone?:
How often do you drift on GT5?:
What are you looking for in a team?:
Anything else you would like to add?:

wow thats alot!!!! lol, good drifter looking for friendly people to chill and drift with tandem, solo any track with practice it don't matter lets just park on each others door and go. HAPPY DRIFTING

Lol. Try to add more info about yourself like it says in the OP mate. People will take you more serious then.

Great idea Adavicro... Will be interesting to see how this helps people who are looking for a team...

As a team manager myself, I only look at people that are drifting in the same lobbies that I am in or a referral from one of my teammates. If you can impress me or any of my teammates - then we will contact you for a tryout. I tend to ignore posts of people looking for teams (no offense to anyone).

I want to see people in action! I want to see the demonstration of drift skills - tandem, throttle control, drift speeds, ability to hold a line, etc...

I'm pretty sure that all of the other team managers are looking for the same - we like to see people who have put in the time to learn how to drift because those are the people who will last in the long run - the people who love cars and love drifting/racing. We don't want "fly-by night" people who are into the game because they "just bought it" and are still in the infatuation phase... After all you are representing the team (that is if you make it onto a team)!

So that is just a bit of advice from a team manager to prospective drifters looking for a team... Good luck!

Thats a good idea. Was thinking of doing one but i couldnt be bothered! :P

This is a great idea! Good Job Adavicro 👍

Yeh was thinking about this late last night. Nice set up we just need to keep it going now.

Thanks guys, hopefully the thread will prove useful. :)

Read the OP and fill out a form, that's why I put that information there. 👍

Great idea Adavicro... Will be interesting to see how this helps people who are looking for a team...

As a team manager myself, I only look at people that are drifting in the same lobbies that I am in or a referral from one of my teammates. If you can impress me or any of my teammates - then we will contact you for a tryout. I tend to ignore posts of people looking for teams (no offense to anyone).

I want to see people in action! I want to see the demonstration of drift skills - tandem, throttle control, drift speeds, ability to hold a line, etc...

I'm pretty sure that all of the other team managers are looking for the same - we like to see people who have put in the time to learn how to drift because those are the people who will last in the long run - the people who love cars and love drifting/racing. We don't want "fly-by night" people who are into the game because they "just bought it" and are still in the infatuation phase... After all you are representing the team (that is if you make it onto a team)!

So that is just a bit of advice from a team manager to prospective drifters looking for a team... Good luck!

The concept of this thread is to be a stepping stone for getting people into lobbies. This is just a good starting point to hopefully getting recruited. I'm only trying to help people. 👍

Hey, I guess I should fill this out! :P

PSN ID: GumI8all
Location/Time Zone: Geneva, Switzerland (GMT +1)
Favorite Car(s): Lamborghini LP570-4 SL, Audi R8 V10. Drift: 300ZX, NSX Type - R, AE86 Levin/Trueno.
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba, Tokyo Bay, Toscana Touge edition. :D
Drifting Experience: Enough. Drifting since July 2010.
Previous Team(s): -
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: G25
How often do you drift on GT5?: 80% of the time that I'm on Gran Turismo.
What are you looking for in a team?: Fun drifting between team-mates, practice to perfect drifting skills, and learn the reverse-entry :D . Competitions from time-to-time would be fun.
Anything else you would like to add?: Meh. Pick me! :P .

Bumping in hope that this thread will be seen and used, I'm actually pretty surprised it hasn't proved more useful. I seriously doubt it would do any good on page two and beyond, so back to the top it goes. If this thread fails then hey, at least I tried. If it starts generating more interest I think a sticky would be very beneficial. 👍

So, where are all you free agents hiding? :)

I posted it in one of the most recent drift team looking attempts. Not sure if he/she has seen it yet?

PSN ID: None yet.:scared: cant seem to create PSN acct yet...
Location/Time Zone: Jacksonville, NC, USA EST?
Favorite Car(s):FT-86 concept, Aristo V300, Renualt Clio V6
Favorite Track(s):Toscana custom, tokyo bay, trial mountain, suzuka east
Drifting Experience:GT3(w/ controller) gt4 w/ wheel, open diffed z31 turbo on wet or gravel parking lots...:sly:
Previous Team(s): None
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: DFGT, pricing out a g25/27
Do you have a microphone?: not until i'm sure i have a decent internet connection(3g from Android ain't cuttin it)
How often do you drift on GT5?: Anytime i play gt5, only reason i'm even at level 20 in a-spec now is to fund my drifting habit..
What are you looking for in a team?:flexibility w/ practice times, chill attitude, a team more concerned w/ expanding consistent drifting skills and tandems, not hp wars and entry contests.
Anything else you would like to add?: My idea of a successful team is one that can drift in a team train w/out breaking a sweat, consistently...If that can be accomplished then battles will become an afterthought, only a testament to the practice put in. Bleed in practice so you don't sweat in battle...:sly:

Great idea. I'm gonna give it a try:

PSN ID: deralex89
Location/Time Zone: Germany (GMT+1)
Favorite Car(s): Trueno, Z4 M, 370Z, Viper GTS
Favorite Track(s): Suzuka East, Autumn Ring (Mini), Trial Mountain
Drifting Experience: I started drifting in GT4 with the DFP but never got it done. Made a fresh start in GT5 and so far it works quite good. I'd say my skill is average. I can drift quite well, but am still missing experience so I fly of the course from time to time.
Previous Team(s): none
Wheel or Controller? G27
Do you have a microphone?: no
How often do you drift on GT5?: ~5-10 Hours a week (trying to practice more)
What are you looking for in a team?: A group of nice people to have fun and drive together, make videos and photos. I'm not interested in competitions, tho.
Anything else you would like to add?: Anyone who reads this and wants to drift. Feel free to add me.

I wasnt able to make one the other day to but it finally let me yesterday.

I think it's my internet connection..at home its an android using a usb tether thru my pc, so the internet works, but any attempt to log into/sign into psn, or any website for that matter times out the connection. and at work i'm convinced our firewalls are blocking all my psn acct creation attempts:indiff: there's hope for the future though, they're building a dunkin donuts across the street from my house, and i'm fairly sure they'll have free wi-fi...:drool:

I know it seems kind of bass ackwards to try to make myself a free agent for a team w/out having PSN, but any good rapper will tell you sometimes your buzz is your promotion for your unreleased album....:sly:

have you done it from the ps3 not on the interent? I had problems creating it at work all it kept telling me is "currently under maintenance" But i was able to do it through my PS3

Any time i attempt to create a psn acct using ps3 it times out...it wouldn't be so bad if i could just create acct somewhere else, but even when i try to log in w/ existing acct, the connection times out...it sucks as everything else as far as the internet browser has no issues(except for signing into sites)..

there's a high school nearby however, and a few neighbors w/ unsecured wi-fi networks, i might just turn my efforts to turn my house into one big wi-fi antenna so that i can just connect from my d-link router instead

PSN ID: SUPER3Brotary
Location/Time Zone: USA Pacific
Favorite Car(s): 2002 SL55 AMG, V8 Vantage 1999 , FC3S RX7, Corvette's, Ferrari 2010 F1, I <3 anything with a rotary
Favorite Track(s): Special Stage 5, Trial Mt. Nordeshlife, Autum Ring
Drifting Experience: 6+ years
Previous Team(s):
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: DS3
Do you have a microphone?: Jawbone bluetooth
How often do you drift on GT5?: 20 hours a week
What are you looking for in a team?: Looking for already solid drifters who follow realistic drifting lines and habits. Most importantly people that don't gripe about AWD or sports tires!!!!!
Anything else you would like to add?: 5 years street drifting XP, 6 years GT series drifting XP, 3 tracks lapping days attended.

PSN ID: GT-R_EMOKID
Location/Time Zone: California (GMT-8)
Previous Team(s): None
Favorite Car(s): Blitz ER34(both of them),Mazda RX-7 Spirit R,RUF BTR
Favorite Track(s): Tokyo R246, Autumn Ring Mini/Full,SSR5,Tsukuba
Drifting Experience: Drifted almost all my cars on GT5,and drifted my CRG Road Rebel kart almost every time I used it
.Previous Team(s): none
Wheel or Controller? Fanatec GT3 or DS3
How often do you drift on GT5?:Very often
What are you looking for in a team?:A team where i can use sports tires because i'm absolutely rubbish without my setup (Which requires Sports tires.)

Last edited:
Any time i attempt to create a psn acct using ps3 it times out...it wouldn't be so bad if i could just create acct somewhere else, but even when i try to log in w/ existing acct, the connection times out...it sucks as everything else as far as the internet browser has no issues(except for signing into sites)..

there's a high school nearby however, and a few neighbors w/ unsecured wi-fi networks, i might just turn my efforts to turn my house into one big wi-fi antenna so that i can just connect from my d-link router instead

Do you have a high speed internet connection at your house? If so how many Mbps? Are you connected straight into the router or jsut going wireless?

Do you have a high speed internet connection at your house? If so how many Mbps? Are you connected straight into the router or jsut going wireless?

Internet connection consists of a Droid devour w/ the PDA Net App, basically does w/ no bandwith limit for free what you'd pay for a 100mb plan from verizon for an extra $80-$100 per month. I route it thru my pc and allow sharing of internet connection so i can plug ps3 direct into back of pc. Despite the 3g connection its actually surprisingly fast when internet browsing on pc or Ps3, had no prob downloading the 3.61 PS3 firmware update when i hooked it up for the 1st time a few days ago in under 20mins, but i don't think it's ever going to allow me to sign up for or in to PSN...just had a brain fart as i was typing this though...does anybody think a crossover ethernet cable would help, as opposed to a standard one? i remember that was the remedy for gt4 LAN play for ps2s connected directly together...

Try to stay on topic fellas. 👍

I'm glad this thread is getting some use now, some of you may be getting a PM from me soon if you haven't already.

Try to stay on topic fellas. 👍

I'm glad this thread is getting some use now, some of you may be getting a PM from me soon if you haven't already.

Be interesting to see who you PM. Let me know :D

APX may be looking for some recruits. Join in on our public lobbies for a slide session and members will take it from there if you're friendly. Just ask in our team thread if one's up.

JrDarknes
JZA80,AE86,Soarer,FT86 (love toyota)
Eastern Time
Controller
Get on GT daily
Look 4 a team tht loves battling
Might start getting on gt late in the day cause im trying to get a job

PSN ID: MurderousIntents
Location/Time Zone: US-CA-PST
Favorite Car(s): Supra RZ
Favorite Track(s): Tokyo
Drifting Experience: Drifting since gt4 first came out.
Previous Team(s): NONE
How often do you drift on GT5?: 99.9% of the time
What are you looking for in a team?: Tired of drifting with unskilled drifters
Anything else you would like to add?: Add me if you are above average in drifting.

PSN ID: p911928
Location/Time Zone: Australia
Favorite Car(s): Nissan Skylines, Silvias
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba
Drifting Experience: I drift at Winton proberly once a year
Previous Team(s): -
How often do you drift on GT5?: Most of time!
What are you looking for in a team?: People who have intrest in cars and drifting , team tandams and battle other teams
Anything else you would like to add?: I love drifting long sweepers and a good low speed drift in tight small tracks! Send me a PM!

Back