The Free Agents Thread - Looking for a drift team? Post here.

PSN ID: CianDon
Location/Time Zone: Ireland. GMT
Favorite Car(s): Aristo, RX-7 (Amuse or FC), BMW M3, AE86, Silvia's
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba, Madrid
Drifting Experience: Countless games, Large worldwide drift fan, Regular trips to Prodrift and a wee bit of backroad drifting :-)
Previous Team(s): NONE
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: Controller
Do you have a microphone?: Nope
How often do you drift on GT5?: A good bit
What are you looking for in a team?: A decent driver skill
Anything else you would like to add?: Nope

PSN ID: YoungRand
Location/Time Zone: North Carolina/Eastern
Favorite Car(s): 07 Mustang, zr1 Vette
Favorite Track(s): Tokyo, Daytona
Drifting Experience: Placed pretty good in seasonal events
Previous Team(s): None
Wheel or Controller? Controller
Do you have a microphone?: Yes
How often do you drift on GT5?: whenever im not racing or dragging
What are you looking for in a team?: People that I can battle and tandem with, and can also help me out
Anything else you would like to add?:

PSN ID: con-sistant
Location/Time Zone: new york
Favorite Car(s): any rear wheel
Favorite Track(s): autumn ring, tsukuba
Drifting Experience: video below
Previous Team(s): none
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: wheel. dfgt and dfpro
Do you have a microphone?: yes
How often do you drift on GT5?: at least twice a week for 2 hours
What are you looking for in a team?: fun , experience, and real
Anything else you would like to add?:

rx 7
drift video starts at 3:20

ford mustang

Could the moderators perhaps look into giving the green light on this thread as far as a sticky goes? I think it will be a bit more useful near the top of the drift forum, it seems that newer members don't like to search or look around for topics like this. Just a thought, thanks. 👍

PSN ID:Tr3ndk1ll3r
Location/Time Zone: Florida, GMT -4
Favorite Car(s): RX-7 Spirit R, S13, Skyline 2000GT-R KPCG10 '70.
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba, Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
Drifting Experience: GT4 a little, GT5 around 2 months
Previous Team(s): None, Looking!
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: DS3
Do you have a microphone?: YEs
How often do you drift on GT5?: Roughly 4-10 hours weekly.
What are you looking for in a team?: Fun!

PSN ID: stunt_driver23
Location/Time Zone: central usa
Favorite Car(s): M5, Viper srt10, Corvette Zr1
Favorite Track(s): every track
Drifting Experience: 1 year
Previous Team(s): None
Do you have a microphone?: yes but I don't use it I'm kinda like the stig
How often do you drift on GT5?: 5 out of 7 days of the week
What are you looking for in a team?: organization, well tempered and fun to be around
Anything else you would like to add?: nope

OsakaHQ may be looking for some recruitments. Join in on our public lobbies for a Tandem sesh or drift train and members will take it from there if you're friendly. Just ask ime on psn messah me to OsakaHQ-Naoski.

OsakaHQ may be looking for some recruitments. Join in on our public lobbies for a Tandem sesh or drift train and members will take it from there if you're friendly. Just ask ime on psn messah me to OsakaHQ-Naoski.

I think the OP says to discuss team recruitment in PM. 👍

I love your shifter/ handbrake mod...does it work in conjunction w/ the dfp pro wheel or is is wired to your dfgt?

And for this one i think same rules apply. OP states to keep thread clear of random chat. :sly:

C'mon new drift teams. All recruiting teams should show a bit more interest. Trust me, if you keep practicing they will get a lot better, just like my team did. Svennieking from my team wasnt so good at the beginning but he is very good now ( if he stops playing other games he would be even more better ). Just like many others and even I wasnt good before having this team.

In the beginning it's better if you search for members as a team leader, later they will come to you.

C'mon new drift teams. All recruiting teams should show a bit more interest. Trust me, if you keep practicing they will get a lot better, just like my team did. Svennieking from my team wasnt so good at the beginning but he is very good now ( if he stops playing other games he would be even more better ). Just like many others and even I wasnt good before having this team.

In the beginning it's better if you search for members as a team leader, later they will come to you.

Thanks for the input, but seriously.

Thanks for clearing that up spank.

👍 :) 👍

No prob! 👍

I have actually sent to PM's to a few. 👍

PSN ID: MatteFFS
Location/Time Zone: GMT +2
Favorite Car(s): Silvia, RX-7... I have many
Favorite Track(s): Autumn Ring
Drifting Experience: Lots in all kinds of racing games, lots in GT5...
Previous Team(s): ...but zero in drifting teams
Do you have a microphone?: Maybe
How often do you drift on GT5?: It varies a lot..
What are you looking for in a team?: Relaxed people who drift for fun.
Anything else you would like to add?: Just to drift for fun with other people who dont ram you in the wall every corner..

Add My PSN :)

PSN ID: hyC_
Location/Time Zone: Portugal, GMT 0:00
Favorite Car(s): s13, Z4, basicly all my drift cars.. ^^
Favorite Track(s): grand valley speedway, suzuka, special stage route 5, and some others
Drifting Experience: i've been drifting on gt5 for about 4 months. i think im pretty decent drifter.
Previous Team(s): Only a team with online friends, when i started drifting.
Wheel or Controller? DS3 Powaaah ! =)
How often do you drift on GT5?: on a daily basis. everytime im playing GT5 im drifting..
What are you looking for in a team?: Most of all.. im looking for a fun group, lots of close tandems, lots of fun. and the competition aswell.. !
Anything else you would like to add?: Yes, check out my utube video of a drift session with a friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGUnkPozeU
PS: Im driving the s13.
any more info just pm me here. or add me on psn !

I love your shifter/ handbrake mod...does it work in conjunction w/ the dfp pro wheel or is is wired to your dfgt?

i have wire coming out of both steering wheels. driving for pro, and dfgt, all i have to do is connect the wires to the shifter and hand brake mod, its a pain in the butt changing wheels though..

PSN ID: SupraTT1
Location/Timezone: Canada British Columbia, PST
Favorite Car(s): Viper SRT10 coupe, RX-7 FD Spirit R
Favorite Track(s): Every track, except Deep Forest
Drifting Experience: 2 years, GT5P, GT5 and other games
Previous Team(s): A lot
Wheel or Controller? both
Do you have a microphone? Yea
How often do you drift on GT5: Everyday for 2+ hours
What are you looking for in a team? Everyone is good and can drift
Anything else you would like to add? Theres 2 youtube vids of me drifting, im driving the White Viper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QRUXnJtmK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTIBUkqASI

Add me on psn if you want to drift

If i may make a suggestion to this thread, or a possible idea for a new one? this thread is nice and all and it gives the potential for burgoening young drifters to get noticed by teams, but despite all the information submitted, it fails in one sense what time are these teams online? Yes i know timezone is a part of the info submitted here, but that means nothing, what's more important, i think is the time generally spent online, for example i live in Jax, NC, USA, EST, but i primarily am asleep during the day and work evenings from 3pm-12am, so my online time is usually from 1am-5am, which from what i've seen is non-conducive to many of the US based teams here. maybe a thread where teams post their normal practice times will allow those who post here a better opportunity to join their open lobbies, and hopefully, ultimately, get recruited for a team.....simply put...i'm sick of being a free agent and trolling random open lobbies to get noticed by people who probably don't suffer from the same severity of insomnia as i do...:sly:
and i hate rammers....:grumpy:

Code:
If i may make a suggestion to this thread, or a possible idea for a new one? this thread is nice and all and it gives the potential for burgoening young drifters to get noticed by teams, but despite all the information submitted, it fails in one sense what time are these teams online? Yes i know timezone is a part of the info submitted here, but that means nothing, what's more important, i think is the time generally spent online, for example i live in Jax, NC, USA, EST, but i primarily am asleep during the day and work evenings from 3pm-12am, so my online time is usually from 1am-5am, which from what i've seen is non-conducive to many of the US based teams here. maybe a thread where teams post their normal practice times will allow those who post here a better opportunity to join their open lobbies, and hopefully, ultimately, get recruited for a team.....simply put...i'm sick of being a free agent and trolling random open lobbies to get noticed by people who probably don't suffer from the same severity of insomnia as i do...:sly:
and i hate rammers....:grumpy:

One part of the free agent application is "what times you drift on GT5," so I'm not sure what you're getting at in that respect.

In regard to what times "teams practice" or are "in a lobby," that all comes down to you doing your research I'm afraid, if you look through some team threads you will see what locations members are from, you'll just have to do a bit of peeking around.

With the limited amount of teams on GTP, that shouldn't be too difficult of a task.

Try looking for open lobby: EvergreenDrift. I host it almost every nite/day or check the livestream channel at www.justin.tv/uko_driftninja I'll be on in 3hrs or so, see you there.

i've been there a couple of times..its nice but i think either my iffy connection will get me kicked, or i get kicked for coming in last when there's a race.. the people there seem nice enough though..

SFX_Adavicro
One part of the free agent application is "what times you drift on GT5," so I'm not sure what you're getting at in that respect.
How often do you drift on GT5::dopey::dopey: a true example of when thinking too hard about things can get me in trouble.:sly:.i thought it was referring to the percentage of driftng i do in relation to me actually playing the game, not necessarily when i actually get time to do so....
so yeah put me down for 1am-5am MTTh, and flexible on W and Sat

PSN ID:xXBigbertXx
Location/Time Zone:eastern (TN)
Favorite Car(s):1970 Superbird, Chaser, GTO, Iroc Camaro
Favorite Track(s):Tskuba, Autumn Ring reverse
Drifting Experience:Been drifting since GT3 and other games also
Previous Team(s):None
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:Controller
Do you have a microphone?:Yes
How often do you drift on GT5?:Almost everyday. For aleast 3-4 hours.
What are you looking for in a team?:A relaxed atmosphere and getting to know new people.
Anything else you would like to add?: nope lol

PSN ID:Dimse91
Location/Time Zone:EU +2GMT
Favorite Car(s):BMW M3 Coupe
Favorite Track(s):Tsukuba circuit
Drifting Experience:Drifting in real world with my BMW 330cd'04 (Chip Tuning)
Previous Team(s):Free agent
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:G27+playseat
How often do you drift on GT5?:Almost every time when i get to my ps3
What are you looking for in a team?:friendly people , fun , competitions , and alot more
Anything else you would like to add?: I;m very active and i love d1sport !!!

Vend1go
PSN ID:Dimse91
Location/Time Zone:EU +2GMT
Favorite Car(s):BMW M3 Coupe
Favorite Track(s):Tsukuba circuit
Drifting Experience:Drifting in real world with my BMW 330cd'04 (Chip Tuning)
Previous Team(s):Free agent
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:G27+playseat
How often do you drift on GT5?:Almost every time when i get to my ps3
What are you looking for in a team?:friendly people , fun , competitions , and alot more
Anything else you would like to add?: I;m very active and i love d1sport !!!

Im allways looking for good wheel drifters to tandem with. Have a few runs with me some time and ill recommend you. :)

PSN ID: Duchesne_813
Location/Time Zone: Florida, USA / Eastern USA (GMT -5:00)
Favorite Car(s): Gran Turismo 350Z RS (my only drift set up car)
Favorite Track(s): any track with tighter turns. im not too good at long sweeping turns yet.
Drifting Experience: I think i am a moderate drifter but i havent had much experience so i dont really know.
Previous Team(s): N/A
How often do you drift on GT5?: 3-4 days a week but i am becoming more envolved everyday.
What are you looking for in a team?: A team who is active and has well experienced people that will help me get better while having fun. Occasional battles too.
Anything else you would like to add?: I am active in sports and training but i try to get on and drift as often as possible which is usually everyday for at least a while.

Location/Time Zone: new york, USA / Eastern USA (GMT -5:00)
Favorite Car(s): nissan.
Favorite Track(s): I like toscana tarmac custom tracks
Drifting Experience: im not great but I know the basics
Previous Team(s): blacktop. Nothing ever came of it so looking for somthing new
How often do you drift on GT5?: as much as possable at least two days aweek
What are you looking for in a team?: A team who is active and has well experienced people that will help me get better while having fun. Occasional battles too.
Anything else you would like to add?: I drift in rl too. I drive an 91 240sx with an sr swap. Im pretty decent at tuning and have a general passon to make cars faster

Psn- ahurley
Fav car- skyline
Fav track- any
Experience- make top 1000 every drift trial
Previous team- none
Contoller
Mic? Yes
I play gt5 everyday
Anything else? I would like to have a drift team who is chill and fun to hang with

Back