Gran Turismo Touge Championship (GTTC) *Dead until further notice*

• Thread starter scoRRRp
  • 336 comments
Gr3yKn1ght
The Gran Turismo Touge Championship (GTTC)

gttcpic.png

OUR FACEBOOK PAGE:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GTTC-Gran-Turismo-Touge-Championship/121836701235270

What is Touge? Touge (pronounced, Toe-gei) literally translates to a mountain pass, but the racing on these passes is also generally referred to, "Touge". When racing on these mountain passes, it is somewhat more difficult because of elevation and their twisty, narrow roads. These factors make for an excellent racing experience, such as that shown in the anime, Initial D. Drifting is beneficial in Touge because of its advantages in attacking corners, but is not something that is required.

Before I get into the regulations, I want to point out that we would like for each team to make their own, "garage." Example, RE Amemiya is a tuning garage that tune rotary engines and they have their renowned, "RE Amemiya RX-7." So for your team, make up a name, and that will also be the name for your tuning garage. Let's say Joe42 and John416 call their team JAMMA, and call their garage JAMMA Club, and have an EK Civic and S2000. If they win the grand finals of a future event and get inducted into the Hall of Fame, their tuned cars in the HoF will be known as JAMMA Club EK9, and JAMMA Club S2000.

Regulations:

-There will be the 420PP, 460PP, and 500PP MAX classes.
-Tires used throughout all GTTC meets will be Sports Hard.
-All driving aids are not allowed except ABS.
-No Touring race cars, no race mods (RM cars), or pro-tune cars (Amemiya, Spoon, Mugen, etc.). The only banned production cars are the Lotus cars.
-All tuning will be done by the team/tuning garage, there are no restrictions, just stay in the PP range. And again, RM cars are not allowed.
-Tire wear and fuel consumption will be on.
-The GTTC is not restricted to JDM cars only. Bring out your Mustangs, Focus, or whatever else.
-Damage will be set to Heavy during official runs.
-Track edges will be set to Real.
-The power limiter is allowed.

Teams:

-Teams must have 2 or 3 members.
-Teams may have any amount of vehicles because of the tuning garages, but each team must show up with ONLY 1 CAR to an event.

Rules:
-Touge runs will start one of two ways; either a rolling front-to-back start or grip gambler (side-by-side start at a mutually agreed upon time).
-When racing, try to have at least 2 wheels on the course at all times, if you repeatedly dump all 4 wheels into the the track edges, you will automatically forfeit the run.
-Please respect your opponent and his space while racing. If you are caught blatantly trying to win a race by means of unclean racing you will be thrown out of the room. One to two slight bumps or slight braking accidents are OK, as long as they do not marginally affect the run.
-Drivers will not be allowed to replace tires until a battle is over.
-A battle in the GTTC will consist of a first to 2 rounds battle, cars switch places after each round. The third round is a sudden death (if the leader does not get away, he loses).
-In a rolling start battle, you are to pass the starting point at 30MPH, in KM/h, thats about 50KM/h, then go full speed after.
-In a rolling start battle, if the leading car passes the finish line and had marginally spread the gap, the leading car wins that round. If the chasing car is right behind the leading car (about 2 car lengths, or 1 sec difference) after passing the finish line, the chaser wins that round. If there is a third round, it is determined by the leader getting away from the chaser. In the event that the chaser passes the leader, if he significantly widens the gap, the battle is automatically over. If the chaser is still in the lead at the end of the round regardless of gap difference, he wins the battle.
-In a grip gambler battle, both cars sit idle side by side, start, and then the leading car at the end of the run is the winner.

Tracks:
-Tournaments and events will be run on tracks that the GTTC may decide on.

-----Team List-----

Team Name: Touge Gorillaz
PSN-Drivers: optomuscrime, tbd
Garage Name: Gorilla Garage

Team Name: Right Side Glide
PSN-Drivers: Heru_Farukon, apexjoy, cribonx
Garage Name: Right Side

Team Name: mopowbee
PSN-Drivers: deenie-bee, monsterGAUZ and Powellx234
Garage Name: BGPerformance

Team name: Tofu Brother's
PSN Drivers: Lou-E, HANRI34
Garage name: Tofu Shop

Team Name: K.F.T. (Kentucky Fried Touge)
PSN-Drivers: emilio3k, walternate420
Garage Name: Fujiwara

Team Name: PROTOSS (Professional Racers of TOSS)
PSN-Drivers: GTP_TimberW, xXHannibaalXx, vasho__
Garage Name: RLT Garage

Team Name: JC Racing
PSN-Drivers: Jackthalad, cahilldomination, knel_75
Garage Name: J's Tuning

Team Name: Touge Riders
PSN-Drivers: touge_rider, touge_rider2
Garage Name: Touge Riders Racing

Team Name: Function>Form [TBD]
PSN-Drivers: mopar-383, TBD
Garage Name: Function>Form

Team Name: RedSuns [TBD]
PSN-Drivers: RedSuns-Maccer42, TBD
Garage Name:

-------------------------​

Alright guys, that is all I have for now, if you are pumped and ready to go, take a moment and like our Facebook page, that is where all of our GTTC meet pics, videos, updates, etc. will go first. Let anyone who loves Touge know about this, the more people we have, the better. This idea will not die because we WILL keep it updated, but we also need the community to join us and have some fun. ANY questions or concerns, suggestions, feel free to discuss them in this thread.

If you have a team already and wanna post your info, do so, like this:
Team Name: JAMMA
PSN-Drivers: Joe42, John416
Garage Name: JAMMA Club <or just leave it blank for JAMMA as the garage name>

Scheduled Events:
---------------------------------------------------------​

SATURDAY 8/27: Season 2 kicks off with the 460PP event. All teams are to show up at 5:00PM CST (-5 GMT)
-Track will be Sidewinder Touge. Get it from my GTLife profile: PSN: Gr3yKn1ght
-All GTTC rules and regulations will apply, each team shall bring only one car, and the event will be a single-elimination tournament so it may run as smooth as possible.

Last edited:
SEASON 1 STATISTICS
Track: Horsefish Pass​

Season 1 460PP Winner
Team: mopowbee
Driver: powellx234
Vehicle: BGPerformance Lotus Elise 111R
2. PROTOSS' RLT Garage RX-8 driven by xXHannibaalXx
3. Tofu Brothers' Tofu Shop S2000 driven by Lou-E​

Season 1 500PP Winner
Team: JC Racing
Driver: CHRYSTALBUDS
Vehicle: J's Tuning Lotus Elise 111R
2. PROTOSS' RLT Garage STi WRX '10 driven by vasho__
3. Tofu Brothers' Tofu Shop NSX Type R '02 driven by Lou-E​

Season 1 420PP Winner
Team: Tofu Brothers
Driver: Lou-E
Vehicle: Tofu Shop Elise 96'

2. PROTOSS' RLT Garage MX-5 Miata NC driven by xXHannibaalXx
3. Function>Form Integra DC2 driven by mopar-383​

Season 1 Standings

1. PROTOSS 9pts
2. Tofu Brothers 8pts
3. JC Racing 5pt
4. mopowbee 4pts
5. Touge Gorillaz 3pts
6. Right Side Glide 2pts
6. Function>Form 2pts
8. K.F.T. 1pt

Last edited:
What is the reason for not including tuner cars (Spoon, Mugen,TRD, etc.)? I understand not being able to run, for example, the Spoon S2000 Racecar, but why not a Spoon S2000?

Nicely organized league BTW :)

What is the reason for not including tuner cars (Spoon, Mugen,TRD, etc.)? I understand not being able to run, for example, the Spoon S2000 Racecar, but why not a Spoon S2000?

Nicely organized league BTW :)

Hey Falaut, the reason being, is because as you know those cars have different values for their suspension, have different engine characteristics, and are tuned by their respective tuning garage. We kind of don't want for example, JAMMA Club to use a Spoon S2000, so if they get some fame and glory, their car is going to be called JAMMA Club Spoon S2000. Doesn't sound right when basically two tuning garages tune one car. Hope that answers your question and thanks!

Hey man, I see that you've got something great happening here.

I've got some data to help you out!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204766

A collection of lap times to help compare car performances!

I'll love to join, but I'm unsure about commitments at the moment. Real life is important to me at the moment with recent addition to my family!

Last edited:
Hey Falaut, the reason being, is because as you know those cars have different values for their suspension, have different engine characteristics, and are tuned by their respective tuning garage. We kind of don't want for example, JAMMA Club to use a Spoon S2000, so if they get some fame and glory, their car is going to be called JAMMA Club Spoon S2000. Doesn't sound right when basically two tuning garages tune one car. Hope that answers your question and thanks!

Currently if you look at your regulations, you might find that it is quite similar to Group N regs. This puts your vehicles in the race car category for the sole reasons that you're running custom trannies. So if you're running race car touge, that's fine, just don't say "no race cars". If you look at vehicles like the Spoon S2k, Amuse S2k (street tune), Mugen S2k, you'll find that their ratios are that of a stock S2k. I spoke with optimus on PSN about this already and he explained that the league had alot more depth in regards to adding more dynamics to the racing (having teams have their own "home" custom track for example). Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to be a douche. Just looking for some explanation to what I find is a contradition in a otherwise very solid league. :) (...and I really dislike tranny tuning as it takes away from the original "spirit" of the cars)

Currently if you look at your regulations, you might find that it is quite similar to Group N regs. This puts your vehicles in the race car category for the sole reasons that you're running custom trannies. So if you're running race car touge, that's fine, just don't say "no race cars". If you look at vehicles like the Spoon S2k, Amuse S2k (street tune), Mugen S2k, you'll find that their ratios are that of a stock S2k. I spoke with optimus on PSN about this already and he explained that the league had alot more depth in regards to adding more dynamics to the racing (having teams have their own "home" custom track for example). Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to be a douche. Just looking for some explanation to what I find is a contradition in a otherwise very solid league. :) (...and I really dislike tranny tuning as it takes away from the original "spirit" of the cars)

Alright, I see what you are saying there. On the Spoon, and Amuse part, those cars are tuned by Spoon and Amuse (tuning garages) so basically in the Regs we are saying, no pro-tune cars but I know you understand that part. Regarding the custom trannies and race cars, I really do not know what to tell you except that we are speaking more specifically about the heavily modified Touring race cars that are completely stripped of their insides. And, if someone does get a custom transmission, you are putting it in a street-tuned car. I definitely see what you mean by, taking away from the original spirit of the cars though. To be honest, I don't use custom trannies unless its in a high revving car (noobish move maybe lol). I'm going to get on right now, hopefully we can work something out.

Hey guys, not sure if its been mentioned, (I did read through) but is this going to be done at a sensible time for GMT timezoned people? It looks really interesting, but I have work on weekends sometimes so can't stay up until early hours, plus my G27 makes alot of noise hehe

Will do ;)
Can I ask what's the difference between team & garage name?

Team name is the name of your team that consists of you and your partner. Garage name is the, "special" name of your tuning efforts on your cars. If you do not want to put a garage name, by default your team name will also be your garage name. Like I showed earlier, if team JAMMA leaves their garage name blank and wins a future tournament, then team JAMMA with their JAMMA EK9 and JAMMA S2000 are the winners. Any other concerns just ask!

Hey, this is NismoNinja32. It was real fun last night. I think me and DomSupra are going to be teammates. SO if you would please sign us up for this. Thanks.

Done. You guys go on ahead and think of your team/garage names now lol.

Hey guys, not sure if its been mentioned, (I did read through) but is this going to be done at a sensible time for GMT timezoned people? It looks really interesting, but I have work on weekends sometimes so can't stay up until early hours, plus my G27 makes alot of noise hehe

Artanix, we are still thinking up of times, but we will try to be as flexible as possible with them. We kind of threw in the idea of doing a day and night session for GTTC events. I'll get back with you on this matter.

Touge 460PP Class, I see that you included some 4WDs. Is that enough? I'm just curious how much modifications can be done with 460PP.

Touge 460PP Class, I see that you included some 4WDs. Is that enough? I'm just curious how much modifications can be done with 460PP.

Yea, the 460PP class is still a wild card class for us, if we see a great demand for 460PP then we will continue running with it, if not we'll just scratch it. 4WD in 460PP would be pretty bone stock, but hey, maybe not all people like tuning their 4WD's to 500PP and want to stay stock.

We had some awesome practice runs tonight on Eiger. More runs tomorrow...

Yea, the 460PP class is still a wild card class for us, if we see a great demand for 460PP then we will continue running with it, if not we'll just scratch it. 4WD in 460PP would be pretty bone stock, but hey, maybe not all people like tuning their 4WD's to 500PP and want to stay stock.

We had some awesome practice runs tonight on Eiger. More runs tomorrow...

Yeah, I think having an entry class where the 4WDs can participate is good. Before getting too hardcore. I'll do some testing with 460PP on 4WDs.

Sounds fantastic! This is really something I'd be interested in patricipating. Only one problem: the time. I live in gmt +2 and I don't work on weekends so technically I'd be able to adjust to the time difference but it would still pose problems. Where are you as in the organizers based in?

we want in
PSNs: XavierFWD, Aroldy eg6, Gods_hand86
TEAM: KANJO*RISERS
Garage: XRTuNed
what time will lounge be open est time?

OK8
Sounds fantastic! This is really something I'd be interested in patricipating. Only one problem: the time. I live in gmt +2 and I don't work on weekends so technically I'd be able to adjust to the time difference but it would still pose problems. Where are you as in the organizers based in?

we want in
PSNs: XavierFWD, Aroldy eg6, Gods_hand86
TEAM: KANJO*RISERS
Garage: XRTuNed
what time will lounge be open est time?

We are pretty spread out, some are in Cali, some on the east coast, I'm in the CST zone. But hey, we are working out that on Saturday's Meet and Greet, It'll kind of be an all day thing, so we'll be on from around 11am or 12pm CST til 12am CST, usually we all stay up after. So as long as you come out, decide on your duos and do some Touge runs, it's all good. This also should settle Artanix' concerns.

Circuit*Star, I see that you guys have three teammates, I'll check up with my boy optomuscrime on what we should do with non-duos. If he is set on the idea of only 2-man teams, then you guys are gonna have to scratch one, or have to decide on only two guys. But I'll get back with you guys on that.

Well I'm more than happy to organise EU friendly runs and races, weekends shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as people in PST don't mind racing midday-ish, maybe just setup a points (or ELO) based system and let people challenge who they want.

Like I said on other threads, I'll start doing some reason into reasonable PP limits between FR/FF and 4WD cars, if 4WD's are at a big disadvantage, it may be worth running something like 450PP FR and 470PP 4WD as an example so everything is evened out, then as the races go by, if something appears to be at a major advantage, drop the PP limit a touch, could get complicated but it would be more fun seeing a big array of cars in the touge's.

Well I'm more than happy to organise EU friendly runs and races, weekends shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as people in PST don't mind racing midday-ish, maybe just setup a points (or ELO) based system and let people challenge who they want.

Like I said on other threads, I'll start doing some reason into reasonable PP limits between FR/FF and 4WD cars, if 4WD's are at a big disadvantage, it may be worth running something like 450PP FR and 470PP 4WD as an example so everything is evened out, then as the races go by, if something appears to be at a major advantage, drop the PP limit a touch, could get complicated but it would be more fun seeing a big array of cars in the touge's.

Yep we are still deciding things on the point system. I understand what you are saying about FR/FF and 4WD cars. We have pondered on that, but basically last night on Eiger reverse, we noticed that FF and 4WD were truly superior to FR on the whole track on reverse (uphill), 420PP and 500PP. It just matters on the track where your car really shines, that also digs into the reason why we are going to have duos.

Alright guys, BIG change being made right now. We have extended teams to three people, but now we have a new driver-class-car system. Basically now there will be a maximum number of three people per team, 2 cars per person per class, 6 max total cars per team.

If you have a team of three, you have to spread them out; 1 per class. In tournaments you will not be able to swap classes whatsoever. If JAMMA's current team continues with their duo, then one of the two have to run in 2 classes. But if JAMMA's team just recruited Jamie71, and decide that Joe42 is going to be in the 420PP class, John416 in the 460PP class and Jamie71 in the 500PP class, 2 cars per person, that will work. Check out the initial post, more details will be in there. Any questions or confusions, let me know about them.

Latest Posts

Back