BBotRight2.png

News.png
HLs.png

Qualy2A.png
Qualy2B.png

S3PaBr2-1.png

Qualifier Combo

Track: Suzuka Circuit
Car: Nismo 380RS Super Leggera (Recommended Garage!)
Concept: 5 laps: 1 out-lap and 4 flying laps. Best 3 totaled.

________________________________________ ________________________________________

QRegsAA.png
QRegsBB.png

________________________________________ ________________________________________

All Rights Reserved - GT Racing Association 2011 ©

Last edited:

QProv2AA.png
QProv2BB.png

Session Steward: Kazunori Yamauchi (Can be multiple)
Date: December 25, 2011
Pilot: Translator San (PSN ID)
Conference | Class: PAL | GT500
Nationality: Japanese
Flying Laps: x:xx.xxx | x:xx.xxx | x:xx.xxx | x:xx.xxx
Best 3 Laps Total: x:xx.xxx

QRulesA.png
QRulesB.png

S3PaBr2-1.png

Last edited:

S3PaBr2-1.png

.:Qualifying Deadline:.

img.php
GMT

img.php
EST

img.php
PST

Superlap Qualifying

Qualifying will be held through live online sessions.

Procedure
  • A group of drivers per class will be given 2 flying laps to set a qualifying lap. The race will be set to 4 laps; 1 outlap, 2 flying laps,
    1 "cool down" (If more than 1 driver are qualifying, we need the 4th lap to not put any stress on the last driver in the pack since he
    technically could be more than 180 seconds behind the first car, depending on how many cars are in the session at the same time).
  • Laps will be run in 'Race' and will depend on track size (Standard=2 laps).
  • Laps will be monitored and watched by fellow competitors to validate cleanliness.
  • The number of cars allowed to run in each session will depend on track length.
  • Once the race has been started by the host, cars will roll on their warm up lap.
  • Drivers must leave gaps between each other to allow sufficient space (around 20-30 seconds).
  • The standard '2 wheel on track at all times' rule will apply (Check Post #3 for Racing Conduct 'Ch.IV Track Contact').
  • Once finished, spectators will declare if their assigned driver ran a clean or dirty lap.
  • If a protest arises over a doubtful or dirty lap, the replay will be saved by the host and checked by the stewards.
  • If confirmed dirty, a timed penalty will be imposed depending on the severity of the offense (Standard 5 seconds).
  • The process will be until all drivers that are confirmed for the race have qualified.
  • For the Longer circuits, the procedure will be the same as for the "normal" quali, with the exeption that you'll only get 1 lap to
    set your time, and the "Startline" will be from sector 2 at La Sarthe and sector 4 at Nurburgring 24h.

Super Lap Qualifying Rules

1. If a driver runs into ANY trouble during an official qualifying session, the session can under no circumstance restart. Unless: Someting happens
    during the outlap, and you're the only car on track, the session can restart as long as the timer for the first flying lap has not been activated.
  2. If a driver does not complete the 4th lap, and the replay file is corrupt, he runs the risk of not getting an official time, EVEN if the lap was
    watched and verified clean by a spectator. (It's VERY important that you end the 4th lap)
  3. If a driver disconnects during a session, he may reconnect and drive up to that at which he got DC'd. If the DC occurs while on the 1st (2nd lap)
    qualy-lap, he may restart and this time ONLY his 2nd (3rd lap) qualy-lap will be valid. The lap where the driver got DC'd counts as "dirty" with
    no registered lap-time.
  4. If the car that DC's has any form of damage, but still are able to reconnect and restart his session, that drivers must damage his car to the
    same grade of damage that the car had just before he got DC'd.
  5. If a qualy-lap is "dirty", there are 2 scenarios.
    a. If a lap-time beyond any doubt was slower due to an "off track/dirty" situation, no penalty is given and the lap-time stays.
    b. If a lap-time could have gained any time what so ever due to an "off track/dirty" situation, a penalty of 5 seconds will be applied to the lap-time.

Qualifying Deadline: Thursdays 23.59 GMT/PST/EST

Around 20 hours are left prior to race to give organizers time to sort the grid, view replays,
find hosts e.t.c. Under no circumstance can a Qualifying lap be run after the deadline has passed.

Any of the Stewards or Capable Hosts, under the supervision of a Steward/Capable Host, can announce and open a qualifying session at any time.
No qualifying sessions can be conducted after Thursday. Qualifying will be completed on hard Racing Tyres.​

S3PaBr2-1.png

Last edited:
Hey Masi,

There are conflicting statements in the procedure list;

One bullet point says that a steward must be present to validate a qualifying run while another bullet point states that a steward or anyone who is signed up may validate?

A steward or anyone who has signed up can validate for lap cleanliness.

Anyone can host a room, run a session, but only in the presence of a Steward inside the room to make it 'official' so to speak.

Anyone else with questions? comments? feedback? Please do share. We need to optimize this as much as we can.

Ok so saying anyone who is signed up can validate lap cleanliness is kind of a moot point because unless there's a steward there (who would also be validating cleanliness) it isn't official so no need to validate cleanliness, or am I missing something?

Anyone can validate lap cleanliness, doesn't have to be a Steward. I had it so to ease some burden from the Stewards watching lap after lap after lap, but it is kind of a moot point like you said - what's the use of that Steward? :D

So, change it to where the Steward must always observe/spectate laps? I guess it makes more sense since they're more familiar with the rules - more work for them though (them includes me).

What does everyone else think?

Masi_23
Anyone can validate lap cleanliness, doesn't have to be a Steward. I had it so to ease some burden from the Stewards watching lap after lap after lap, but it is kind of a moot point like you said - what's the use of that Steward? :D

So, change it to where the Steward must always observe/spectate laps? I guess it makes more sense since they're more familiar with the rules - more work for them though (them includes me).

I think to make sure it's clean and fair for everyone, a steward must validate

Masi_23

I think with the potential high influx of new sign ups this is the best way. It would prevent say a group of new drivers who are already friends holding their own sessions and submitting illegal times, maybe even intentionally.

I think we have a good number of stewards to cover the time and also 6 weeks to do it in so it should be manageable.

If there are any WSGTC veterans who are not currently listed as stewards it may be worth firing them a pm to ask if they would be willing to be, could help bump the numbers up a bit

Brilliant work Masi, looking really good 👍

One thing we could do is get the available supervision times of each steward and add them to the OP, so it is easier for qualifier's to find a steward who can supervise them when they are available. After all we are going to get a lot of entries in the next week or two, so the stewards are going to have their hands full.

For example, I'm available from 6-10pm GMT Monday, Wednesday-Friday, and anytime on a Saturday and Sunday.

Biffy
Brilliant work Masi, looking really good 👍

One thing we could do is get the available supervision times of each steward and add them to the OP, so it is easier for qualifier's to find a steward who can supervise them when they are available. After all we are going to get a lot of entries in the next week or two, so the stewards are going to have their hands full.

For example, I'm available from 6-10pm GMT Monday, Wednesday-Friday, and anytime on a Saturday and Sunday.

Mine is a bit more complicated.
I have a young family. Whenever I am on I will post on this thread once quallifying starts. Usually evenings.
However I do monitor this thread all day, so if someone wanted to quallify I could make myself available

when I'm around I'm normally practicing in a room so I will just post number up and if anybody wants to join and do there laps then feel free lol

Just a quick question. Can a driver do separate sessions. For example;
Quallify at suzuka in early December and then quallify at laguna seca in late December. Or do you have to do both one after the other?

Masi, I will dedicate time to getting laps watched! :)

Anyone needs a steward, PM or post here. One of us will get there ASAP.

Masi, I will dedicate time to getting laps watched! :)

Anyone needs a steward, PM or post here. One of us will get there ASAP.

Yeah, best thing is to post in this thread. There are several stewards involved so the time between two different stewards viewing the thread should be minimal, so we should be able to attend any sessions quite quickly. Communication is key :sly:

Thanks Jeff 👍

I have more Stewards to add on that list - mainly WSGTC veterans.

So when we want to do our qualifying lap we just right in here and a steward will come watch me? thats cool

I don't follow, please elaborate.

Sorry about that. Say I enter a room at Mazda and set x time. Then I enter another room, again at Mazda at a later date, and set a better time. Can I submit the better time?

Sorry about that. Say I enter a room at Mazda and set x time. Then I enter another room, again at Mazda at a later date, and set a better time. Can I submit the better time?

No. Your first time will be your best time (no pun intended :D). You can only do each qualifier once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back