EVENT DETAILS | DRIVER REGISTRATION | RACE RESULTS | RACE HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings

• Race Quality: High
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Tokyo R246 Reverse
  • Car: Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 (from Online Car Dealership)
  • Tires: Open, but all drivers must qualify and start on Racing Soft Tires (R3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Allowed
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Single Stint Pre-Race Group Qualifying
  • Timing: Begins at event start time after track reset and just before the race
  • Duration: Two hot laps per driver
  • Groups: Two groups (see driver registration table for your group assignment)
  • Details: Qualifying Instructions

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 25
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: 630 HP
  • Weight: 1168 kg
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • Active Steering: Off
  • TCS | Driving Line | ASM |: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

event16_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing with subject line "3D3 Racing".
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting only "cancel" as your time slot.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

TokyoR246_4.jpg

Last edited:
I miss 3D3 for two weeks and this place has completely changed :lol:. Took me a minute to figure out where to post this haha.

Signed up for both races using the new system 👍.

I am back again for this race. I signed up via the form for the EU race.

Edit: Table doesn't seem to add me :(

Last edited:
I'm in for the NA race guys. I used the Registration form also.

I'd like to try both races, though if the EU gets too full I'll give up the spot. Also, am I understanding step 2 of the instructions correctly? Do I need to BOTH fill out the registration form (done) and also post here that GTP_Chuk wants to run both the EU and NA race?
Lastly, LUCAS, take a nap!!! You are getting too close to me on the leaderboard!! :dopey:

chukabilly
I'd like to try both races, though if the EU gets too full I'll give up the spot. Also, am I understanding step 2 of the instructions correctly? Do I need to BOTH fill out the registration form (done) and also post here that GTP_Chuk wants to run both the EU and NA race?
Lastly, LUCAS, take a nap!!! You are getting too close to me on the leaderboard!! :dopey:

For now do both, but the form is official/primary. Thread just in case form goes haywire thread is a backup. Plus it's good to give thread a bump!

After one more week of testing won't need you to post slots or choices to the thread, but still should post a check in note.

Note: I'm registered but tentative. I arrive back home on the 27th and will be recovering from a 3000 mile flight with two young kids and jet lag. Not to mention if it snows (not in forecast) I have a cabin booked and will be skiing. If grids start to fill I will withdraw.

Last edited:
I am back again for this race. I signed up via the form for the EU race.

Edit: Table doesn't seem to add me :(

Your registration was captured, but in order for our system to show you in the drivers table we need you in our 3D3 Racing Driver Database so that the division, flag and first name will be automatically attached to your ID. Also the database prevents any non registry members from using the system to register for our races.

Fill out the 3D3 Racing Driver Database Entry Form. A steward will be notified when you submit the form and will add you to the database. You only have to do this once and not for every event.

I'll add something about this in the registration post on the first page.

NOTE: All drivers from the original 3D3 Racing Driver Registry are already in the database, but we did NOT copy the entire official GTP_Registry. If you are in the 3D3 driver database and want to fill in your first name, use the form above.

Quick question, how much is that car in the OCD?

PS... you are also not in the database so fill out the form above and I'll add you.

Tentatively, I'm in for NA race, and might come to EU if there are spots open closer to the race day. Racing softs though? Did anyone try to see how long those last online now?

Tentatively, I'm in for NA race, and might come to EU if there are spots open closer to the race day. Racing softs though? Did anyone try to see how long those last online now?

They are testing now... they don't last more than 4-5 laps. Tires are subject to change... I'll note that in the details post... watch the thread for test results and a final ruling on tires.

Done. I was in the first two EU events, then my PS3 died and I've had withdrawls from racing since :grumpy:

I've added you to the official database, but I don't think you've filled out the registration form for this event. You should be "good to go" moving forward though and can fill out the registration whenever you want for this or future events.

@Anastasis14 -- I see you registered for this event, but you need to fill out the driver database entry form before you will show up in the table. See registration post above. Never mind... I added you myself, but I don't know your first name.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to let drivers choose from any racing tires, rather than mandate a certain set. It would bring pit strategy into play. I'd like to see how it would be if one driver took softs, for example, to jump out, and then pitted for hards VERSUS someone who takes hards and goes for it, with maybe softs at the end. Meanwhile, another could take mediums and just keep driving. It would certainly give us a good baseline for tire choice under race conditions.

They are testing now... they don't last more than 4-5 laps. Tires are subject to change... I'll note that in the details post... watch the thread for test results and a final ruling on tires.

I've added you to the official database, but I don't think you've filled out the registration form for this event. You should be "good to go" moving forward though and can fill out the registration whenever you want for this or future events.

@Anastasis14 -- I see you registered for this event, but you need to fill out the driver database entry form before you will show up in the table. See registration post above. Never mind... I added you myself, but I don't know your first name.

I registered there too now 👍
Errr my first name is Anastasis :dunce:

I think it would be cool to let drivers choose from any racing tires, rather than mandate a certain set. It would bring pit strategy into play. I'd like to see how it would be if one driver took softs, for example, to jump out, and then pitted for hards VERSUS someone who takes hards and goes for it, with maybe softs at the end. Meanwhile, another could take mediums and just keep driving. It would certainly give us a good baseline for tire choice under race conditions.

Could work. We could also try mandating starting the race on the same tire compound used for qualifying and say one has to use 2 compounds in race. Might be too much work to administer, though.

Hey guys, I filled out the Driver Registration Form, and would like to be part of the NA race, Thanks

We ran some tests today to figure out what to do with respect to tire choices for this event and we will update the OP as soon as we have decided what's best for this car.
Racing Softs were only good for 4 or 5 laps (default tune) when we tested last night after the race, and today's testing didn't get past lap 5 either :nervous:

Pekka and I were supposed to test it after the EU race, but he picked the wrong track, and I got in the wrong car.

EigerNordwandWTrail_1.jpg

EigerNordwandWTrail.jpg

Easily one of the best 'mistakes' we've ever made :D
Pekka kept it fair by using Racing Hards 👍

^ :lol: Must have been a lot of fun!

I registered for the EU race, might not be able to make the NA race.

Now THAT IS FUNNY!!!!

I was thinking that if you have to start the race on your qualifying tires, that would help even it out as those who choose to qualify on racing softs are already in front (probably) while those who choose to start on hards would be behind them. As the race progresses, your tire choice would become paramount to either maintaining position or advancing. The stewards would not have to monitor tire choice, just watch that no one changes tires between qualifying and the start of the race. After the race starts, you can take the tire you think you need. The only thing is to put WES on comforts!!!

Hey guys. Sweet new home for 3D3... love it 👍 I've signed up for both time slots. Happy with whatever you choose for tyres... or even Chuk's idea of a tyre wildcard.

Its worth bearing in mind that the new tyre wear is mindful of tyre managment. A true racing soft or qualifying tyre will only last 5 laps at qualy pace and tyre management is as much a part of racing as going fast. :)

I'd like to see open tire choice if that's an option, but from what I know it can only be 2 compounds. RH and RM or RM and RS.
Depending on distance and laps I think each can have possibilities as long as it's only 2 compounds. If RS is allowed it will not. in any situation be faster to run RH's to my knowledge.

Nice to see the grid filling up fairly well.
Also, I see Chris, Mohit and Chuk have been bitten by the bug as hard as Marc and myself, signing up for both events. 👍 :gtpflag:

I won't be able to make it this week, chaps. Maybe the first week of the new year... Merry christmas to all :gtplanet:

Sign me up please for the EU race.

Very strong grid sofar :scared:,

I submitted for both the EU and the NA race but I'm not 100% sure if I'll make the NA race.

Back