GTP WRS-Online : Event 16 : Split Window Splits - Dec 28

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 116 comments
My tune won't work on-line, I'll tell you that. I'll start with Kevin's and compare the settings with Dan's.

My tune won't work on-line, I'll tell you that. I'll start with Kevin's and compare the settings with Dan's.

My suggestions for anyone that is having trouble with my online -

1. Stiffen up the back end. Go as high as 8 on both shocks, as high as 6 on the ARB, and as high as 10.0 on the springs.

2. Change back toe to a less negative number, even go to neutral (0.0) if needed.

I messed around with those settings quite a bit, trying to find the balance between a loose/fast car and a tight/safe car.

I'll try and join the lounge in about half an hour.
Was a bit hectic here today...

This is my current setup , good for 1'38.4 on R3's , 1'39.7 on R2's and 1'42.3 on R1's :

Max DF

Transmission

EDIT: these values are attainable with aftermarket rims.

First set final gear to 4.500
And then move max speed to 200 km/h / all the way to left.
And then set the gears as follows.

F2.500

LSD 15/20/25

Suspension

15/15
17.0/17.0
4/7
3/2
7/1

2.2/1.4
0.10/0.35

brakes 7/5

EDIT: ABS3

Last edited:
I got disconnected again, and Jake was here today checking everything. I'll recheck the settings again and do anything else I can think of. I noticed when I joined the room, Nine-Hundred left, so I wonder if it's a system thing of losing one to get another or if it's just something at my end. If it still happens tomorrow during practice, I'll give up my spot to an alternate driver. I hate to do it, but it's better to have a good race for everyone.

Oh, man, this is gonna be one tough race.
Did a quick run-down of strategies that are feasible for me and 3 of those are like within 5-8 seconds of each other on total time. Might seem like a lot, but given the precision of assumptions I put it and accuracy of measurement of pit-stop delta - it's a tiny difference. Probably gonna pick one with the highest margin of safety.

I just cancelled my entry for the EU race, as I am less than 100% sure of being able to participate, and since there are a lot of people wanting to join. If I have some free time, I'll check Speedy's feed.

Updates to my setup after more online testing with worn softs tonight.
EDK
Aero - Max

Gears
1. Set Final Drive to 5000
2. Set Top Speed to Far Left (124 MPH)
3. Change to the following ratios

Final 3040

Top Speed in top right = 210 MPH (Might have to adjust 6th slightly for the draft, but not much).

LSD 5/17/8

RH -30/-25 (Online setup. Offline = -23/-35)
Springs 11.0/8.5
Damp Ext 9/8
Damp Comp 9/8
ARB 7/6
Camber 2.5/1.1
Toe -0.15/-0.05

Brakes 7/6

I just cancelled my entry for the EU race, as I am less than 100% sure of being able to participate, and since there are a lot of people wanting to join. If I have some free time, I'll check Speedy's feed.

I will be standby on EU in case of boots

If you want to be on the waiting list sign up again for EU with the form. It will put you at the bottom of the list (waiting list). If we have 16 or more I wouldn't be averse to running two lobbies. The network seems more stable with 12 or less in a room anyway.

If both of you wanted to race and Lucas is already on the waiting list that's 17 right there.

Anyway, get on the waiting list and we can figure it out tomorrow if we don't get cancellations.

PS> If you want to add a region to your registration or change the registration fill the entire form with a new submission. E.g.. if you previously signed up for just the NA region and wanted to add EU you have to sign up for both regions when you register again. Basically every time you submit it replaces any previous entries. Also with the waiting list every time you submit you go to the bottom of the list even if you just add/remove a region. I'll see what I can do about that as we improve the system.

Hey people. I have to sign off from the EU race, as I got really ill and do not feel comfortable enough for 1 1/2 hour of racing.

Good luck to everyone. Will see you next week!

Hey people. I have to sign off from the EU race, as I got really ill and do not feel comfortable enough for 1 1/2 hour of racing.

Good luck to everyone. Will see you next week!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Get well, Timo.

Note for those building Pekka's or Kev's tunes - I think Pekka's gear ratios are achievable with changed rims, whilst Kev's aren't (stock ones needed), and Kev clearly meant 5.500 for the first Final Gear setting :sly:

Apparently the wheel radius affects the ratios or something. YMMV if you didn
t click "default" first (you can see the ratios change slightly if you hit the default button with changed parts, wheels in this case). No, I hadn't changed from the stock rims before I thought to differentiate the car for the race, but I still can't bring myself to paint them this time (probably a failure of imagination).

Happy to race wherever I'm put.

Apparently the wheel radius affects the ratios or something.

Yes, I can confirm that with stock wheels I can't get Pekka's ratios. The guys in the ORCA series say the same thing... so those custom wheels do actually change the car.

We are down to 16 for EU so Lucas is in and will be running Group B. Meaning Hydro gets planted back in Group A with those that didn't submit this week. Lucas, you are official time recorder when Group A qualifies.

Speaking of time recording, I ran a bit in my lounge last night and when I left the track and went to "watch race" (with nobody on the track) my times were still available in the Live Timing Monitor. That should make recording qualification times easier. Before 2.02 any driver that left the track dropped off the table immediately. I like to record data and maybe we can use this to always capture everyone's quali time for the future. One person can drop off before we start the race and jot down the fast laps or just take a pic of the screen. This week it's not a problem with group qualifying anyway.

Last edited:
so those custom wheels do actually change the car.

I guess it comes back to whether or not they affect the performance.

I contend that they don't........

Ι may not be there tonight, I may hang out with some buddies

There are people waiting in the wings so take your pick please. I assume "may not" means no so ...

@Daniel or Dale: If you want in re-register for EU using the form, I'll give Anastasis few minutes to commit before one of you gets a spot in the EU race.

Ι may not be there tonight, I may hang out with some buddies

Given that tonight's grid is full, it would be courteous to give a definite 'yes' or 'no' so someone else can have your slot if required. 👍

Edit - Tim beat me to it anyway. :)

Edit edit - I'm just going to have a quick run on custom rims to see if it makes any difference.... (been on stock all week)

Edit edit - I'm just going to have a quick run on custom rims to see if it makes any difference.... (been on stock all week)

Yeah, please have a look and let us know if you notice a difference. You may have some trouble getting the gearing dialed in, based on what's being said about the impact of stock rims to the final drive and therefore the available individual gear ratios.

This may be stupid, but why do the rims effect the gearing?

We think it has to do with either the real or implied rolling radius of the tire.

And that when installing custom wheels, the gear ratios get adjusted to make the speeds the same in each gear as they were with the stock setup, since taller or shorter tires would cause this to change.

Hope I explained that right. :)

So , the rims do affect performance afterall. Good to know.
Yea , I fitted new set of rims to my C2 Race Car.

Now to find out if it's good or bad having aftermarket rims vs stock in terms of tyre life.

I don't expect the wheels to affect performance with fully tune-able gearing. Provided that one is careful enough to reproduce settings so that the resulting shift points are the same.

I registered EU last night, added rim color, and still not on list for standby.

I fixed it. If you are already registered for NA and you want to add EU you actually have to fill out the form and register for both. If you just submit a new entry with EU alone you'll be dropped from NA... hope that makes sense.

I manually fixed your last entry so you are good to go this time. I've dropped Anastasis so you are in.

I fixed it. If you are already registered for NA and you want to add EU you actually have to fill out the form and register for both. If you just submit a new entry with EU alone you'll be dropped from NA... hope that makes sense.

I manually fixed your last entry so you are good to go this time. I've dropped Anastasis so you are in.

Good job, I know I'll be having fun with my friend too playing LoL.
If the grid isn't full by the time you race, I might try getting in if he allowes :dunce:

We're usually pretty flexible, but when there is a waiting list everyone on the list has to commit by the day of the race.

Anastatis -- if you want to sign up as an alternate (which is fine if you aren't sure you'll make it) go ahead and re-submit the form before the race and you'll go in the waiting list. Anyone on the waiting list will get first dibs if there is a cancellation or no show.

Anyone who is on the waiting list watch this thread for cancellations as you'll get bumped up to a reserved spot (assuming the person who cancels uses the proper form).

If you don't see any cancellations, you can assume the room is full. If there are no-shows in the room when qualifying starts I'll post here and drivers on the waiting list can jump in.

If you are registered show up on time or risk losing your spot.

Also, I've opened the 3D3 lounge as I need a lot of practice before the race. Feel free to join anytime and run laps.

I will be there 👍 I'm on quite a high as well as I just passed my Driving Theory test a few hours ago, so hopefully no road rage from me today, which Hydro will be glad to hear 👍

Congratulations Biffy 👍

Can't feel any difference between stock and custom rims. Didn't seem to affect my lap times or tyre wear either. My money is on "Its just cosmetic"

I'll jump in for a practice shortly - done very little online running with this.

Back