Top Speed of GT5 Cars V2

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 381 comments
IGTRBYASYUYA

Now that Route X is out, I suppose I will collect the data in this new thread.
The format will be a little different from my other thread in such that I'm no longer taking drafted top speeds.

To submit data, follow these easy steps:
1) Fully tune the car you wish to collect the top speed of.
2) Put 400km on the car (roughly 250+ miles) to break the engine in, and then oil change it.
3) Bring it to Route X DLC track, it should show up as "Speed testing" in GT Life, and run your car from line to line (0-10,000m). Top Speeds taken from the bank leading onto the straight are also acceptable, be sure to check them against the proper "From Bank" top speed value.
4) Check to see if you've beat any of the current top speed records in the link above.
5) If you have beat a record, or would like to post one on a new car, copy and paste the format below and fill it out to submit your max speed obtained during the run.

Smuttysy or I will modify the Google Doc's entries as the data is collected. Submit on this thread with the format:

Car: Car Name
Top Speed:
Additional Notes: [/B](i.e. High-RPM Turbo or Supercharger - if both were available, which were you using?) Was your speed taken with standard ruling (standing start) or from the banking?

If you are concerned about speeds posted by users, you may ask them for a proof screenshot if necessary. Please contribute if you can!

Update; January 19th, 2012: Added the Google Docs version (Still WIP, be patient.)
Update; January 22nd, 2012: Added top 40 to inital post, the rest can be found in the Google Docs version
Update; April 4th, 2012: Removed top cars from initial post, refer to Smuttysy's Google Document, the link can be found at the top of this post.

Also be sure to check out MOTORTRENDmitch's Route X Test Result thread, where you can share your full test results for stock cars, race cars and fully tuned cars' acceleration values.

Last edited:
Car: Bugatti veyron
Top Speed: 299.7
Top Speed (Drafting): not sure
PP Min/Max: * 692
Aero Front Min/Max: stock
Aero Rear Min/Max: stock

Can't break 300 :(

300.3mph :)

Last edited:
Top Speed: 299.7
Top Speed (Drafting): not sure
PP Min/Max: * 692

Can't break 300 :(

I got 300.8mph, but someone elses has gotten 302mph. If you want to break 300 I can help you out send me a pm.

Its also gotten 327mph in a draft being pushed by the new lambo. I saved the replay of the race lol

Figured I might as well add to this, been testing that one car for so many hours by now... :D

Car: Nomad Diablo GT-1 Race car
Top Speed: 393.1 km/h
Top Speed (Drafting): -
PP Min/Max: Max
Aero Front Min/Max: Min
Aero Rear Min/Max: Max
Additional Notes:
All I still had to do was fine tune the transmission, all other settings can be found in that thread of mine

Last edited:
Figured I might as well add to this, been testing that one car for so many hours by now... :D

Car: Nomad Diablo GT-1 Race car
Top Speed: 393.1
All I still had to do was fine tune the transmission, all other settings can be found in that thread of mine

Is this KPH?

Had a test with Veyron yesterday.
Went 546 km/h with draft from 2 two other Veyron's. :D

Car: Bugatti Veyron
Top Speed: Didn't notice ( I think it was about 440 km/h)
Top Speed (Drafting): 546 km/h
Extras, for Google Docs (Please make an effort to collect this);
PP Min/Max: *
Aero Front Min/Max:
Aero Rear Min/Max:

Also, Sauber C9 reached 512 km/h, with draft but im sure I can do alot better.
Car: Mercedes C9 Sauber
Top Speed: N/A
Top Speed (Drafting): 512 km/h
Aero Rear Min/Max: Min

But the funny part was when I got the Daihatsu Midget passed 345 km/h, drafting from a Ford GT LM Spec II (thingy). :lol:
Car: Daihatsu Midget
Top Speed: 198 km/h
Top Speed (Drafting): 347 km/h
Aero Rear Min/Max: Min

*Will edit in the PP info when I get home from work.*

Last edited:
But the funny part was when I got the Daihatsu Midget passed 345 km/h, drafting from a Ford GT LM Spec II (thingy). :lol:

With boost or something? :\ I'm almost thinking I may disregard drafted top speed because you are able to sure but your transmission would be set up so poorly for any time you're not drafting.... i.e. the ford could just lap you.

With boost or something? :\ I'm almost thinking I may disregard drafted top speed because you are able to sure but your transmission would be set up so poorly for any time you're not drafting.... i.e. the ford could just lap you.

To be honest drafting is a load of bogus in GT5, might be better to disregard it completely.

Nope, no boost....

I never use boost, it's not fun with it. :yuck:

Top Speed: 301.2
Top Speed (Drafting): n/A
PP Min/Max: * 694

i've been trying the GT one toyota but can't seem to get it over 285 =s if anyone would be so kind as to PM me some settings =p

GoogleDocs V2.0 Data Sheet (Beta model, as I've no doubt this will change in appearance and content through evolution) It's currently empty, but with all your help will soon, no doubt, be chocked full of results.

I'd also say you're best off looking at around 250 miles for a full run in, as it took me more than this, in some cases, to hit full capability with some cars.

All additional data that's been collected for cars in the previous sheet from SSR7 has been carried over - PP levels, Aero variables etc, so there's just a bunch of blank speed variables to put in.

Have fun!!

(EDIT: I've left the sheet in alphabetical by car name, as there's so little data in there that this is the best way for finding the cars you're testing)

Last edited:
Car: Dodge SRT4
Top Speed: 219.1 mph
PP Min/Max: * 579

Fast for a FF car =p

Car: SL 600 (R230)
Top Speed: 270.0 Mph
PP Min/Max: * 625

trying for abit to break 270 =p

I regularly get 273 down the hill on the other side with the SL, so should be able to breach that one, and also got 215's on ssr7 with the srt4, so will be retesting on RX later today.

Last edited:
I regularly get 273 down the hill on the other side with the SL, so should be able to breach that one, and also got 215's on ssr7 with the srt4, so will be retesting on RX later today.

Both my tests were without the hill, Standing start till the 10km test marker.

307.6 mph in the GT-ONE Racecar straight from the start line till 10km finish line.

Not that it matters anymore, just wanted to mention it as i broke the 307.5 record of myself on max speed test.

EDIT: Just hit 307.7 mph with the GT-ONE, now i'm trying to top it.

Last edited:
These are all from the other thread, All mine.

1) Aventador - 244.3 mph

2) SL600 R230 - 273.6 mph

4) Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel - 315.7 MPH

5) Minolta - 281.8 MPH

Some quick fire tests - These cars are in no way fully maxed, Just well optimized and close to full Potential...UPDATING THIS POST AS I GATHER DATA.

Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 ----284.3 MPH
Mazda 787B ------------------275.9 MPH
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP----------279.8 MPH
Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd----279.6 MPH
Ferrari Enzo-------------------261.0 MPH
Ford GT '06 (P)--------------- 269.9 MPH
TVR Cerbera Speed 12-------- 263.1 MPH
McLaren F1-------------------265.0 MPH
Corvette ZR1 '09--------------249.4 MPH

Last edited:
New Record

Top Speed: 302.4

I was suprised to beat it.. I'm sure some one will beat it soon though

MOTORTRENDmitch
New Record

Top Speed: 302.4

I was suprised to beat it.. I'm sure some one will beat it soon though

Was it start to finish on the speed test or did you back up and run from the banking? Just wondering.

Back