• 263 comments

Hollow

Premium
United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
TurboToastt
GTPRACINGSCHOOLLOGO.jpg
Pic By DarkR​

I was thinking about opening up a GT5 driving school for GTP users where members could get personalized lessons from experienced drivers on here. This popped up in my head as I always see a lot of people on here asking for driving help or have problems understanding driving techniques. It is easy to improve if you join any of the WRSs here, but this school is for drivers who have tried but couldn’t progress in particular areas.

How it would work is simple, you have a specific problem while playing GT5 and you need to get better and develop your skill, according to your specified requirements, you will be assigned an instructor who will set up a time and date appropriate to your needs for the online lesson. This school is strictly for all problems related to driving techniques.

Training Areas

1. Beginner No Aids Driving

These sessions will be for drivers who have recently stopped using aids and are having difficulty learning the driving methods required to do a lap as fast as their old aid using self.

Instructors for this area:

•Technicolors [PSN: gtamann123]

•Denilson [PSN: chorda/GTP_chorda]

•Juiposa [PSN: starboob]

•Small_Fryz [PSN: Small_Fryz]

2. Distance Management.

This is for drivers who regularly race online but have trouble driving in a group of cars close to each other and end up bumping/hitting other cars.

• ENTERSANDMAN13 [PSN: ENTERSANDMAN_13]

• Technicolors [PSN: gtamann123]

• Small_Fryz [PSN: Small_Fryz]

3. Overtaking

Online racers always have to guess how the other driver is going to react when trying to overtake. This session will help them work on their overtaking skills in different scenarios that often occur online according to their track choice.

• Denilson [PSN: chorda/GTP_chorda]

• MOTORTRENDmitch [PSN: Mitchman17]

• Technicolors [PSN: gtamann123]

• korza493 [PSN: kamikazi493]

• Paskowitz [PSN: thepatriots]

4. Defensive Driving

This section is dedicated to help you learn how to defend your position when someone has come within striking distance and is trying to overtake.

• Tuga703 [PSN: tuga703]

5. Aggressive Driving

If you ever came across aggressive drivers which are sometimes actually good at being aggressive and fast, you can get better by training under an aggressive driver in this section.

• korza493 [PSN: kamikazi493]

• Xamado7V [PSN: Mazerati-75]

6. Track Specific Training

The driver will have the opportunity to choose the track they want to master, and the most experienced driver for that track will be assigned to go online with you.

Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway)

Indy Road Course

Nurburgring

• Alex P. [PSN: alexpkas]

• ZohsixGT5 [PSN: ZohsixGT5]

• LVracerGT [PSN: LVracerGT]

• Hollow [PSN: HoLLoWxEyEs]

7. Racing Strategy/Philosophy.

This section, made by McClarenDesign, will guide drivers through various tracks, examining strategy, philosophy, and theory of overtaking and defending. Students will learn common mistakes made, and how to best avoid them. This course will also focus on the psychology of decision making through stimuli and environment, and teach students how to sense where others are around them without actually looking.

Students should already have advanced knowledge of tracks and driving techniques. Tracks will include: Suzuka, Fuji, Daytona Road Course, Mazda Laguna Seca, Monaco, Tokyo R246, and more. Furthermore, drivers should also have an advanced understanding of various vehicle layouts (i.e. FF, FR, MR, RR), as well as a basic understanding of friction circles and weight transfer applications.

Finally, it'll examine various philosophies behind rules and regulations, overtaking/defense, on-track recovery and re-entrance, and sportsmanship.

• McClarenDesign [PSN: McClarenDesign]

8. Drifting/Drag Racing

I’m not knowledgeable in drifting/drag racing at all so I will leave this section until someone wants to help me out with it.

• MSTER232 [PSN: MSTER232]

• L8erBaby [PSN: L8erBaby]

• wrapture [PSN: wrapture]

9. Manual Driving

This section will be targeted towards drivers who have recently switched from automatic to manual and cannot seem to smoothly drive as fast as they used to.

• Blitz24 [PSN: Blitzbay]

• Rockr [PSN: Rockr_Elite]

10. Specific Car Driving Assistance.

If you love a particular car, and want to drive it to its maximum capability, but don’t seem to understand how, you can request a trainer who will specifically help you get faster than you currently are. All kinds of cars are welcome.

• Blitz24 [PSN: Blitzbay]

• Juiposa [PSN: starboob]

11. Advanced Training Program.

Set aside only for achieving desired lap times. Example, you want to achieve a 7.22.xxx laptime with the GTR on the Nurburgring, and for reasons you can’t point out, you aren’t able to do it. A driver who has already done a lap close to your wanted time will assist you with needed advice/tips and hot lap with you during your trials.

• Denilson [PSN: chorda/GTP_chorda

• LVracerGT [PSN: LVracerGT]

• Juiposa [PSN: starboob]

• Hollow [PSN: HoLLoWxEyEs]

12. Track Guides.

• (Track Guide) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca By Ryk https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=247913

• (Track Guide) - Trial Mountain Circuit By Ryk https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=247445

• (Track Guide) - (Track guide) - Cote d'Azur By Ryk https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248673

• (Track Guide) - (Track Guide) - Cape Ring South By Rykhttps://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248943

I do know that most of the things mentioned in the list above are included in the licensing section on GT5, but this will be much more effective as our trainers will try and replicate the situations that happen in online racing and racing leagues with real people driving and not the AI.

The whole idea of this is to get a more personalized and real (human) help/training for GT5 related issues while having fun. PM me if you want to get involved, we need more instructors.

OR you could also post your details in the thread using this format:

Username:
Purpose: Instructor/Student
Area:
Track Preference:
Car:

Your ideas/opinions/contributions are appreciated. :D:tup:

If you need help...

PM me or the instructor directly to set up a time and date for a session.

Last edited:
Will you being doing this for new wheel users? Because I know that those who just got a wheel tend to struggle trying to get good at the game again.

^I personally use a DS3, never used a wheel, but I was thinking the same thing. We would have to find someone on here to work as a trainer. :)

I'd love to help with any of this Hollow. Gives me an excuse to play GT5 more.

Brilliant idea, I would love for someone to aide me in finding those few extra seconds.
(I use a wheel)

Hey Hollow, I can help with the wheel for beginners bit. I have used a wheel since GT2 so I am experienced with the techniques needed for all sorts of cars. I can help with distance management, overtaking, aggressive driving, track specific training, manual driving and the specific track assistance. I am a kart racer in Australia so not being cocky or anything but I know how to handle all the situations that I have stated. Add me on PSN or send me a quick PSN message and I will see if we can go from there. Oh, and I have a mic.

Last edited:
Im very good at close driving, im a decent racer.

However i suck at drifting with a wheel lol, i kinda can do it .. but yeah i suck.

I think this is a great idea, I'd definitely be interested in this. I recently turned all aids off (yes even ABS) & am struggling to get the same times. I hope this works out, I'll be watching this thread.

It's a great idea. I hope you can get it going. I'll help where I can- maybe how to drive an X1 using average human skills lol.

I will take track specific training, manual driving and car specific training.

One category I think could be added is defensive driving, how to defend a position when someone has come within striking distance and is trying to overtake.

I will be a trainer for the wheel users. My fee is $95/hr. Hey, it's cheaper than Skip Barber.

Glad to see people interested in this. 👍

I'll try and make up a list of people who want to be instructors, or need sessions in the coming week. Until then drivers who want in can post or PM me.

anyone got a room up?

Hmmm it doesn't work that way, but because of your post I got a thought. Should we make up one lobby for all kinds of sessions, and people could join? Or individual lobbies for each person and the instructor on their own time?

That's what i was thinking say you want to learn how to drive with aids off and so do three other people so 4 people and 4 instructors thanevery mutes everyone besides your instructor or trainee or 4 people go in with one instructor and each get some time or you could choose one on one

Great idea,

i'd definatley be up for this, altho I dont think i'm slow I am very average and would love to be able to get my times down :)

Hmmm it doesn't work that way, but because of your post I got a thought. Should we make up one lobby for all kinds of sessions, and people could join? Or individual lobbies for each person and the instructor on their own time?

Each person should have control of their own room (out of the instructors). Times should be set like any other class.

Back