I'm here
Premium
Belgium
in the land of stupidity
No comment (for the moment :D)

1da92267.jpg

8701647b.jpg

Last edited:
That reminds me of my friend's Infiniti G20. It was running with only like a quart of oil, and it exploded. There were pieces of the engine block scattered across the road, along with whatever oil or fluids was left in the car. Pretty fun experience to go through. Is that what happened?

Also, nice to see you around, Kikie.

I'm not sure what happened. Saturday march 24th when I was driving home from Austria on the German autobahn, 30 km before Köln (after I was in a traffic jam for about 4 hours), the engine suddenly decided to stop working and tried to emulate an exploding F1 car. I wasn't even redlining.

I have to say that on febr. 23rd, the oil and oil filter was replaced but not by an official Ford dealer (the first time I did this). They used 3W50. Also the starter was replaced that day. On March 8, the fly wheel (driving wheel) was replaced.

You probably suffered oil pressure failure or something gone wrong with the pump. But that shouldn't lead to a gaping hole like that.

Con rod let go?
It's funny that you should mention that you weren't even wringing it out.
A couple of years at a kart race, somebodys con rod let go on the PACE LAP. We were only going about 20mph/3000rpm. It blew a hole out the front and top of the case, real mess.

According to Ford, the con rod broke off and made that hole.

Ouch..

You mean a 454? How well would a Chev motor go into a Ford lol, they don't like each other.

No, I mean the 545, like the one above. Or better yet, the Ford 598 stroker.

And what kind...

How old was this car? That's a serious problem to have on any car, unless someone had taken the engine apart and not tightedned the con rod bolts to the proper torque. In my freshman year a took a class where we disassembled a lawnmower engine, and an idiot in my class blew the con rod and made a hole in the side of the block. What a mess.

And what kind...

How old was this car? That's a serious problem to have on any car, unless someone had taken the engine apart and not tightedned the con rod bolts to the proper torque. In my freshman year a took a class where we disassembled a lawnmower engine, and an idiot in my class blew the con rod and made a hole in the side of the block. What a mess.

That's funny. I would have balanced all the internals before putting it all back together.

I know someone who drove the crap out of his mom's V6 Pontiac G6 the night he got his license. Burnouts up and down the street, holding the parking brake, reverse donuts, trying to do forward donuts...

A few minutes later he's driving down the street being ignorant with fire under the car. Someone got him to stop...giant hole in the top of the transmission. Most of the fluid gone. Drove it home anyway, parked it in the garage.

"No idea whats wrong with your car, mom."

And what kind...

Yeah I got that. What model is what I wanted to know.
A Ford Mondeo ST220. 3.0L V6

August 2002 (almost 10 y.o.) with 60466 miles.

Back after almost one year of absence and I am already double posting.

It seems that my car is cursed.

Yesterday afternoon around 3.30 pm, my father and I wanted to push to car out of the garage. He wanted to use the his car over the grease pit but we had to move my car first.
The problems was, the grease pit was open (not covered up or something like that). I was standing on the left had side of the car with the window rolled down so I could use the steering wheel. My father was pushing at the back of the car. The car was moving and I heard him say: "why won't you get in the car?" en immediately after that, I heard something falling. I turned my head to see what was going one but my father was no were to be seen.
So I went to the back of my car and saw my father laying on the bottom of the greasing pit. He didn't move, didn't react when I was calling him and I believe that he wasn't breathing either (can't be sure about that).

I've been true a lot in my life but this was the worst feeling ever. The very first thing I did was calling the ambulance. Once I did that I went back to my father, got in the pit and suddenly he started to gargle. I than new that he was still alive.
I started to tap his cheek and started to call his name.

To make a long story short: he was conscious again, opened his eyes and started to answer my questions. I asked him if he knew what day and year it was. He didn't have a clue. Luckely he recognised me and knew his name and the address. I also asked if he could move his legs and arms.
When I was supporting the back of his head, I felt a lot of blood.
It didn't take that long for the ambulance and the fire department to arrive.

His injuries: big fleshwound at the back of his head. No injuries to the brain and skull. He was bleeding out in his stomach en he has e few fracture in his lower back.

All this because we only wanted to push my car outside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back