Clean Lo PP Shuffle club (impromptu casual shuffle racing) *VCRC/MCRC*

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Clean Lo PP Shuffle Club

20120816lagunitaskeishuff09.jpg

By the VCRC & MCRC club host, watermelonpunch (PSN: wat3rm370n)

Lobby Room Title Always: Clean Lo pp Shuffle
Hosted by wat3rm370n
(if you see this room inherited hosted by someone else, I can't vouche for the quality, but may be continued by other respectable clean racers)

IMPROMPTU RACING - NO SET SCHEDULE
Typically daytime US EDT (afternoon / evening Euro time), right now
Some weekends, mornings, evenings US EST
Due to my inability to schedule too much in advance, I've been running casual clean shuffle lobbies.
All clean fun drivers welcome.

Parameters:

300pp-380pp Shuffle Base (depending on track & what's working best)
Ratio set @ 3 or 2 (depending on what works best)
All aids off except ABS & Driving Line (drivers' choice)
Grip Real
Tire wear On
Damage Light
Penalty Weak
Slipstream Weak
Boost Off
Visible Damage Off
Mics disabled
Race Quality Standard
NOT Fixed Host

Race attendance varies. But generally when I'm racing at some point during the 1pm-5pm EDT (6pm-10pm BST) time range, most races have 10-15 cars, and the room is often hitting full capacity.

Note: I allow the full 16 to the room, as mics are disabled & visible damage is set to off. There hasn't been much problem except the usually occasional lag start or black screen now & again, but that seems to happen sometimes even when there's very few in the room.
Very little generalized lag has been reported. Only a few occurrences of tire sounds muted. And no invisible car problems have been happening.
For this reason, I do allow idlers ("sleepers" taking a break) unless the room is at full capacity with people trying to get in, as sometimes I skip a race now & again too to attend to real life, so that's okay.

Average race length +/- 10 minutes.
(may be shorter or longer, depending on popular desires in the room)

Mixed track choices, alternating between tracks I choose (to ensure a variety), track vote (when the room is pretty full)
occasional Custom tracks
occasional DLC tracks
occasional oval tracks
occasional rally (snow/dirt) tracks
(Note: Custom tracks are generally the same used regularly, chosen from a variety of VCRC member custom tracks, by various designers, specifically for low powered cars, and tested to be fun to race upon.)

Occasional 1-make spec races with a 420pp or less car from the Recommended Garage.
Occasional full damage longer races, when current participants are interested.

Occasionally the PP will be set at 400pp or 420pp for ovals or special races, and when dirt/snow tracks are used, they are automatically set to a shuffle base of about 420pp and 4wd.

RULES:
This is casual racing, and I'm not a tyrant dictator, and I don't spend a lot of time lecturing anyone.
But most people participating are generally expected to be aware of appropriate track etiquette based on the GTP OLR Rules.
I encourage people to report dirty driving, and I have a core group of pals who are very good about helping police the room.
I also don't just listen to one racer's sour grapes. I generally give people a chance to defend themselves & see what they say when they're accused of doing something rude or sloppy, to gauge their attitude.
Inexperienced or over-driving racers who get sloppy are warned and generally given a chance to reign it in, but any repeated recklessness is not tolerated, and anyone creating a repeated sloppy nuisance during races is kicked.

If an accident or contact occurs, the offender is expected to either not pass or give the spot back.

Quitting races should be done in a respectful courteous way.
IE: pulling the car off track and parking or exiting the race away from traffic.

Dirty drivers are kicked a.s.a.p. Zero tolerance for B.S.
If I see a deliberate dirty maneuver, or if 2-3 people report a deliberate dirty maneuver, that player is kicked directly. (May take only one report if it's from someone I know & trust.)

Prohibited:
punting, inappropriate blocking, wild weaving, brake-checking, driving backwards, slamming, ramming, riding another car through a turn, shoving another car off track, dive bombing into corners, rear clipping, pit maneuvers, cramming to pass, excessive inappropriate beeping, parking in the track, barging back onto the track into traffic after going off, excessive txt chat during races, verbal assaults or rude insults (directed toward anyone) in the txt chat, repeated rude demands for room setting changes, bad attitude Debbie Downer type complaining or hysteria, excessively blaming other racers or the cars for mistakes, accidents or poor performance, and anything basically that is problematically disruptive to the enjoyment of fellow racers.

I have very specific reasons for the parameters I choose, based on testing & experience, and my own preferences for racing.
I've had good results with this so far.
I like the vintage, kei cars, and low powered cars in low pp shuffle base. I've found it to be fun, and well received among my favourite racing pals, among my GTP friends and others.
This is LOW PP shuffling, and I don't yield to anyone whining for me to raise the PP or make the ratio zero.

The chosen PP will be suitable to the track.
The ratio is to ensure close fun racing for a variety of experience & skill levels, and to ensure a good interesting mix of cars, and fun racing all over the grid.

It should be accepted as a given that in a full grid, starting from the back with a bum car, it may not always be possible to win a race no matter how fast & good the racer happens to be, but in a good racing environment, that shouldn't prevent fun from being had by all.

I also find that it's easier to police the room at lower PPs, and it tends to NOT attract inconsiderate & immature racers, which are, unfortunately, plentiful in the open public lobby.

Poor sports & grouchy drivers may not like this venue, and are free not to join in on this!

Sometimes in shuffle you're going to get the Odyssey minivan, the really low powered lightweight Minica Dangan, the heavy Altezza that won't seem to brake, or the Airtek or Yaris that refuse to turn at corners. Or the Renault 5 Turbo which turns even when not in corners, because it has 4 independently turning wheels.
If you don't have a sense of humour and like that kind of challenge, shuffling is probably not for you!
If you prefer shuffle with lots of Lancers & other 4wds, or prefer 480-500pp settings, this is NOT the shuffle club for you! There's plenty of venues for those preferences out there, and you're free to go find them and enjoy yourself!

If you enjoy the old vintage cars like the 60s Skylines, the 70s & 80s Japanese, the 60s Alfas, kei cars, and racing "commuter type" vehicles, you will really enjoy these shuffle races!

I encourage people to post here to express interest, or chat about shuffle racing, but anyone is welcome to find my pub lobby whenever it suits them - you need not "formally" sign up as a member.

Look forward to seeing you on track! :embarrassed:)

List of Some Regular (& Irregular ;)) Racers:
GTP name / PSN name

ChloeSMV / ChloeSMV
coolson / GTP_BB6
aceboy127 / aceboy127
Coreyb / CoreyB_26
n/a / daddy-o845
RDAardvark / RDAardvark
GranTurismo916 / atongo619
sausages / GTP_sausages
Dundermuffin666 / Optimoose20
n/a / D-NOMINATOR
n/a / ryzno
n/a / FaoMayol
n/a / S0M3-1_unknown
VBR / VirtualBornRacer
ghskilla / ghskilla
culturalsnow / culturalsnow
? / pietplv
doodlemonoply / doodlemonoply
anotherdike / anotherdike
paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac

There are others, if you want to be added to this list, let me know. 👍

Last edited:
Race Highlight Photomodes

Exact tie for first, same time elapsed to the .000! (between Som3 & Pony)
20120816lagunitaskeishuff08.jpg

20120821lemons09s.jpg

RDAardvark taking the lead @ Lemons Country Circuit

Last edited:
List of Lo PP Shuffle Custom Tracks
in frequent or infrequent rotation - custom tracks are raced about every 4-8 races, depending on enthusiasm for it

If you would like any of these tracks shared to download them for yourself, let me know. 👍

Frequent

The New Ji-Feurre Pass (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.92 miles) by cc570
ji-feurrebycc570advert3.jpg

Lagunitas Kei (Toscana tarmac) (3.06 miles) by cc570
lagunitaskei.jpg

Lemons Country Circuit (Toscana tarmac) (1.9 miles) by chuyler1
lemonscountrycircuitbychuyler1.jpg

OOf Poopus (Toscana tarmac) (2.34 miles) by wat3rm370n
OOfPoopusbywat3rm370n.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: miata_1

Mount TopMore (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.70 miles) by wat3rm370n
MountTopMore07.jpg

Occasional

Quant Hill (Eifel Circuit) (3.16 miles) by wat3rm370n
QuantHill1.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: VCRC

Hellhole Raceway (Eifel Circuit) (3.07 miles) by turbonato
hellholeracewaybyturbonato1.jpg

Avanti Angolo (Toscana tarmac) (2.78 miles) by wat3rm370n
avantiangolo01.jpg

Infrequent

Blick Auf Das Schloss (Eifel Circuit) (2.15 miles) by cc570
blickaufdaschauff02.jpg

Ribbid Ridge (Toscana tarmac) (2.45 miles) by cc570
ribbidridgecc570ad07.jpg

Manja Bene (Toscana tarmac) (3.24 miles) by cc570
manjabenecc570%20copy.jpg

Once in awhile

Pescara Reborn (Toscana tarmac) (4.35 miles) by turbogeit
captureku.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: amoreenabooboo

Targa Florio Part 2 (Toscana tarmac) (4.58 miles) by GTP_akmuq
targafloriapart2akmuq%20copy.jpg

Wishbone Curve (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.58 miles) by cc570
wishbonecurvebycc570.jpg

Aso Dijon (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.73 miles) by turbogeit
dijonasoshortbyturbogeit.jpg

Mount Hop Top (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.84 miles) by wat3rm370n
mounthoptopadvert01.jpg

Last edited:
Had some good racing last night in your room. Thanks for hosting and hope to join you again soon!

I love shuffle racing, I'll keep an eye out for your room.

👍

Great shuffle racing watermelon, I have had a good time when I have been in there. I plan to join anytime I can. :)👍

Thanks for joining in. Hoping to keep the rooms always full with lots of fun clean racers!!
And I really appreciate the support... because as we know, it takes more than one host alone to make for clean pub lobby racing! But we've been doing okay most of the time... by virtue that this format doesn't tend to attract a whole lot of nutballs. :lol:

Here's some photomodes from a race at Toscana Lagunitas Kei (toscana tarmac created by CC570 especially for low powered cars).
lagunitaskei.jpg

This has become a favourite custom track for the lo pp shuffle races.

20120816lagunitaskeishuff01.jpg

Starting grid.

20120816lagunitaskeishuff02.jpg

Hypno_Toad_420 takes an early lead.

20120816lagunitaskeishuff03.jpg

S0M3-1_unknown gets into the lead with the Alfa Romeo Spider 66.

20120816lagunitaskeishuff04.jpg

20120816lagunitaskeishuff05.jpg

wat3rm370n bringing up the rear of the front pack... trying to keep up!

PONY_named_JIM & S0M3-1_unknown both take 1st place in an exact tie!!!
(First time I'd ever seen that actually.)

(Note: I may not always remember the psn names exactly! sorry! corrections welcome)

When I first entered your lounge & watched a race, there was a huge amount of lag, but when I joined the race there was no lag at all. I guess the lag was just in Watch Race mode, thank goodness.

I must say that I liked diving the cars at 300PP, but I found myself alone on track most of the time, & in no battles. I'm looking forward to the 380PP races with Shuffle Ratio on 2, hopefully there will be more on track action.

Keep up the good work!

👍

I'm pretty sure the ratio was at 2 when you were there no?

Strangely, SOMETIMES the races will be closer at 2, and other times closer at 3.
And sometimes the races are closer at a lower pp, or a higher pp.
It really depends on the mix of drivers & tracks & luck of the cars. If I see MOST people spreading out a lot, that's when I generally adjust the ratio.

Unfortunately, it sometimes works out that a room with 12 people, 8 of whom are having really close races nearly every race, 2 who are intermittently having close races, and 2 people who just wind up alone on the track nearly every time, whether their out behind or in the middle driving alone. And I don't know why.

I've also see one person get the CRAPPIEST cars 4-6 races in a row, with the ratio at 3, despite coming in out behind 4-6 races in a row. I actually mention it to the driver when I see that to just let them know they're not crazy!!
Because that seems to happen to me every other time I join this other guy's shuffle room, & I then feel like an absolute idiot. I'll get the absolutely worst car - OR just happen to get cars I drive poorly - OVER & OVER & OVER. It happened to me last week. The ratio was on zero too I think, or at most 1. I got the muscle car that topped out on the straight (one of the reasons I stay away from 400pp & 420pp), I got the M5 which I'm terrible with on slidy tracks, I got the understeering Airtek on a track with tight turns. I got a Swift when everyone else was in RX7s & crap!! I got the Altezza on Laguna - which meant that everyone was rear-ending me at the turns because the damn car won't brake. It was ridiculous. I actually placed well when we went to spec 1-make race. So I was like - okay it's not that I'm just totally terrible compared to the other drivers. It really was the cars.
Why or how that happens I don't know.

Of course my most beloved idea would be the ability to programme the shuffle myself. Like specifically choose cars I know are comparable, and weed out the kooky stinkers like the Mini Marcos & the Alpine 310 (which both belong at lower PPs than they're shuffled into).

Just an fyi - I NEVER run a room at 380pp the whole time. So if that's what you're hoping for, you'll be disappointed.

The reason I say this is because it seems like no matter what PP is chosen, there's always someone who's complaining "raise the pp", thinking the racing would just be better if only the PP was raised. (Which in my experience, every host whoever succumbs to the demand to "raise the pp" - shortly afterward, the shuffle room goes right in the toilet. LOL)
If 380pp is the top of the range, you're going to have one or 2 people who think it should be 380pp all the time. If I set the range at 420pp, then you'd have a couple of people demanding it always be 420pp. And we'd have races like every other shuffle room running 6 Lancer 4wds in race after race.

I just know that there's MANY of us who absolutely adore racing at the 320, 340, & 360 - A LOT. And that's including me, and frankly that's who I cater to.
The pp is ALWAYS chosen to suit the track. IE: I would NOT use 380pp for Monte Carlo, Madrid Mini, or , and I would not use 300pp for Sarthe or Daytona Road Course & such.
Hope that makes sense.

I went to your shuffle room a couple of times, love the racing and how clean it was 👍.

Expect me to be a regular.

I'm pretty sure the ratio was at 2 when you were there no?

Just an fyi - I NEVER run a room at 380pp the whole time. So if that's what you're hoping for, you'll be disappointed.

It was definately on 3, & the PP was at 300 for all the races I attended. I don't like rooms that are set to any PP for the whole time, whether it's 300 or 500. Personally, I prefer the winner chooses the PP, or the host changes it every race or frequently. I'll definately try a few more races with you though. 👍

I know what you mean about the cars that hit the rev limiter on the straight, drives me nuts! "PD! Y U No Common Sense?" :crazy:

VBR
It was definately on 3, & the PP was at 300 for all the races I attended. I don't like rooms that are set to any PP for the whole time, whether it's 300 or 500. Personally, I prefer the winner chooses the PP, or the host changes it every race or frequently. I'll definately try a few more races with you though. 👍

Well just fair warning, this might not be the shuffle club for you.
Which is fine, I make no claims that it's for everyone. It's working for those of us who are having fun with it, which is why I say I don't yield to change things much.

I highly recommend checking out a guy with the PSN: Destinkeys
He runs higher PPs, and he does that winner chooses thing.
He's a good host. I recommend his lobbies.
* and when he's not on, sometimes D-NOMINATOR hosts rooms, and he's also a good host, and tends to do things the Destinkeys method.

My issue with winner chooses (I almost NEVER have winner choose anything, fyi), is that unless I know everyone in the room... there's going to come a time when the winner starts whining for 500pp or SSR7.
Then if I say "no", then there's going to be some childish nutballs who try to start a mutiny in the room, complaining that it's not democratic. :rolleyes:

I don't have time for that nonsense. I run a clean tight room. I have no problem filling the room, mostly with pals I know & enjoy racing with. And it's not a democracy, after all. It can't be or otherwise it goes right in the toilet because then all it takes is having half the room want the PP in a "low pp room" to be set at 500pp and take the room to SSR7, and then all the good people leave. :(

Though I will say this. People who support me publicly, tend to have my ear.
In other words, if someone supports me as host by reporting dirty driving, telling complainers to shut up, and generally helping maintain order in the room... when THEY suggest something - I'm more likely to go along with their ideas.
:sly:

Last edited:
Though I will say this. People who support me publicly, tend to have my ear.
In other words, if someone supports me as host by reporting dirty driving, telling complainers to shut up, and generally helping maintain order in the room... when THEY suggest something - I'm more likely to go along with their ideas.
:sly:
Well that explains a lot now doesn't it. It reminds me of a time when we were in a shuffle room...nevermind I don't feel like telling storys today.

Well just fair warning, this might not be the shuffle club for you.

I highly recommend checking out a guy with the PSN: Destinkeys...and when he's not on, sometimes D-NOMINATOR hosts rooms..

Honestly, I don't know if it's the club for me yet, I'll have to attend a good few times more to find that out, which I'll definately do.

Another racing buddy of mine recommended destinkeys, I found his room oneday & loved the way he had it set up, but couldn't race as it was too late & had to go to bed. Sent him an add, but he replied that he's got no room on his list & 30 other guys wanting to get on, must be popular huh! I've also raced D-NOMINATOR before, great driver, might send him an add. Thanks for the advice.

I think your attitude to hosting races is good, pick a style that suits you & select few, stick to it & have fun. I did the same with my SSCS event last year, it was great while it lasted.

:)

Destinkeys is usually not on before 5pm US EDT (which would be 10pm BST). That's why I don't race with him much, but my spouse does sometimes. He doesn't have room to add more friends on PSN - he hasn't added me, though apparently he leaves the invites, and sends out msgs when he opens a room. I may actually have to start doing that myself! I'm now up into the 90s. That's why we have the club accounts for the MCRC & VCRC. Because then everyone just adds the club acct.

Destinkeys is usually not on before 5pm US EDT (which would be 10pm BST).

Thanks for the heads up, I'll just check for his room in the Open Lobby browser instead of trying to add him again (after 10pm of course).

👍

I was in your lobby today, it was a lot of fun! I hope to join your lobbies in the near future :)👍

Thanks for joining us doodlemonoply, good to see you!

I had to escape abruptly today because I hadn't realized what time it got to be! Oops. :guilty:

Great races today!

If anyone's interested, the last 2 races of the day were:

Quant Hill (Eifel Circuit) (3.16 miles) by wat3rm370n
QuantHill1.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: amoreenabooboo

Targa Florio Part 2 (Toscana tarmac) (4.58 miles) by GTP_akmuq
targafloriapart2akmuq%20copy.jpg

That last race on akmuq's track was wild... The Japanese guy in the pick-up truck was unreal. :lol:

That last race on akmuq's track was wild... The Japanese guy in the pick-up truck was unreal. :lol:
And difficult to pass :crazy: I actually think the Ram is one of the better cars in that PP range. I've won a race by 5 seconds in it at Tsukuba once.
That race was probably the best race of the day. I went from 14th to 3rd on the first lap and spent the whole second lap trying to catch 1st place :)

Race Photos:

20120821chamxwest00s.jpg

culturalsnow takes the lead & keeps it @ Chamonix West

Race @ Lemons Country Circuit (toscana tarmac by chuyler1)

lemonscountrycircuitbychuyler1.jpg

20120821lemons03s.jpg

20120821lemons05s.jpg

Alas, others do not seem to appreciate the beauty of the Alfa Romeo Sprint Speciale like I do!

20120821lemons06s.jpg

GranTurismo916 / atongo619 in the 1300 w/ the air cooled engine. :D

20120821lemons07s.jpg

RDAardvark in the Lupo, chasing down 1st

20120821lemons08s.jpg

wat3rm370n being dogged by, of all things, the minivan!! :ill:

20120821lemons09s.jpg

RDAardvark finally puts in the pass into 1st place
And keeps it...
20120821lemons11s.jpg

And difficult to pass :crazy: I actually think the Ram is one of the better cars in that PP range. I've won a race by 5 seconds in it at Tsukuba once.
That race was probably the best race of the day. I went from 14th to 3rd on the first lap and spent the whole second lap trying to catch 1st place :)

I think you did catch 1st place. ;) IIRC
I saved the replay, I'll try & watch it tomorrow.
Odd thing is, I think I meant to put it at 360pp thinking that track needed it, but I think that was 340pp and it worked out better than I think 360pp would have.
Honestly I don't know how people get that pickup truck around tight cornering. I can't do it! I'll grant it's mighty okay on straight bits, but that's NOT where the Japanese driver (sorry can't recall his name) was giving me trouble! I finally passed him on the last lap middle straight (as opposed to the S/F straight). My car (s2000) was definitely faster in the straights... and SHOULD have been faster in the corners -but I was not.

I felt a great deal of sympathy for Sausages getting the Europa Special :ill: @ Quant Hill in the rain! :nervous: That must've been a right chore!!

Tried turbogeit's Pescara Reborn today @ 380pp and it was a very fun race! Many seemed to enjoy it.
captureku.jpg

So I'll be adding that to the rotation for some variety.

Though I must say doodlemonoply was so good on this track that I suspected that perhaps he's been racing turbogeit's track before!!!

Add my name to the list of racers I may pop in from time to time ;). Shuffle races are epic :D.

👍
Will be great to have you!

Though if you & doodlemonoply join at the same time I may need the ratio up to 12! :lol:
But at least I'll have some backup for "more laps". ha ha ha
in shuffling circles it seems like a 15 minute race is considered "epic endurance" :boggled:
I once put it on 3 laps at Sarthe w/out chicanes and people started panicking. :lol:

There was a guy here on the forum that said he was running heavy damage endurance shuffles, 1-2 hour long races, but I did not see how that turned out, or at least he didn't update the post...
I was curious to see about that.

Though I couldn't do an endurance that goes much over an hour... unless it was at Eiger Nordwand Short Track where pitting is long enough to take a personal pit stop... or indeed, make a sandwich while you're at it. :lol:

Ooh, count me in! I love shuffle racing! I can spend hours just looking for a clean shuffle room...

Diogo and I had a shuffle race last night at Monaco - 30 laps! :crazy: I was in an RX-7 and he was in a Subaru Legacy... it was a very close race! I had the lead for the first half, then Diogo took the lead right until the final lap when somehow I managed to overtake him! However, somehow the game quit itself and sent me back to the PSN menu before I could get any rewards :indiff:. It was fun though, so at least I got something out of it. :P

Shuffle races to me are fun little sprints with many of them... Don't worry if we play on the same PP number your success gets punished :lol:. (It gives people who finished near the back better cars and ones at the front worse cars)

Also randoms would say that it's an enduro because they're not used to any proper races :sly:.

Latest Posts

Back