Clean Lo PP Shuffle club (impromptu casual shuffle racing) *VCRC/MCRC*

30laps at Cote Dazur I would call endurance. :lol: :lol:

Well yesterday doodle didn't seem to get punished very much! :lol:
But I got punished again and again. It was one of those days where even when it gave me a "better" car, it gave me a better car I was terrible in, or that was terrible for the particular track. :boggled:
But that's the breaks in shuffle...
Getting the crazy Mini Marcos on a track with long straights :ill: or the Europa Special on a track with banking. :scared: or that crazy Legnum wagon on any track. :crazy:

I see some people do well in the Odyssey minivan & Avantime wagon. But I don't do well in those usually.
And I know that the Mustang & the MR2s are fast cars in their brackets... But I don't do so hot in those cars. Bit squirrelly for me.

Yeah it's "supposed" to work like that but... It's GT5 and it has it's own way to do things.. :ouch:

Btw the Swift in your pics is epic, I learned to drive in one of those :D.

Yeah it's "supposed" to work like that but... It's GT5 and it has it's own way to do things.. :ouch:

Btw the Swift in your pics is epic, I learned to drive in one of those :D.

20120821lemons08s.jpg

That's "me"!
:lol:

Now that's a good example actually of getting a good car and then not doing too well in it. I did beat the Odyssey minivan... but it wasn't easy.
On some tracks though the Swift is the car to get in that pp bracket! I believe it's fairly good with the torque it has by comparison to some of the others. I think it's faster than the Lupo you can get, but I'd take the Lupo because the Lupo has less understeer.

It's like I've seen people on certain tracks do well in that stupid AIRTEK. But that thing has such horrid understeer that I think to do well in it, you have to be really good with very understeery FF cars.

That swift reminds me of the race I had at Toscana low PP shuffle a few days ago :), it was a black one. I had great times with Melon as host.

Had quite a few good races with you guys last night, including: a very clean battle with c-l-o-n-e-1 on Monza, & some good driving with doodlemonoply on Daytona Road. Not a big fan of 300pp I must say, but the 340-380 races were just great.

👍

Add me as a friend... PSN: wat3rm370n
I thought you were added?
But I might not actually add you - but keep you in a pending state so I can send a psn msg. Because I'm kind of full up from hosting a lot.

I guess I'm getting old and not down with the youth slang, I had to look up the word "random".
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/random
I knew I'd heard it before and assumed the meaning from context... but I didn't realize it would be used singularly, as a noun, instead of an adjective preceding "person" (ie: "random person")

Add me as a friend... PSN: wat3rm370n
I thought you were added?
But I might not actually add you - but keep you in a pending state so I can send a psn msg. Because I'm kind of full up from hosting a lot.

I guess I'm getting old and not down with the youth slang, I had to look up the word "random".

Random isn't even slang. And I didn't know you were that old.

We call people who join our lobbies in PURE etc "Randoms" because they aren't part of the series etc. We use public lobbies for our races so randoms appear often ;).

Thought you were doing these in public lobbies since they were shuffle races.. :confused:?

We call people who join our lobbies in PURE etc "Randoms" because they aren't part of the series etc. We use public lobbies for our races so randoms appear often ;).

Thought you were doing these in public lobbies since they were shuffle races.. :confused:?

Oh yeah, it's pub lobby.
And we do get random strangers joining... though it seems like many of "the randoms" often then become "regulars". :lol:
A lot of the people I shuffle with I did not meet here on GTP. Though many have GTP accts.

Apparently I get talked about in other shuffle rooms. So there's definitely a pub lobby "shuffle circuit" that has many of the same people, particularly in certain time slots.
My husband was shuffle racing last week, and called me to look at the screen because my name was being mentioned. The host recommended my shuffle lobbies to the other racers. The interesting thing about that was the guy who was recommending me - I don't think I've EVER raced with him. (Unless he has an alternate psn name maybe...)

My strategy for keeping the room in order is to make the same announcement before every race, insisting that people report dirty driving always.
And that usually sends the yahoos skedaddling out, and any turkeys who wind up racing, get reported pretty quickly.

I'm pretty easy going when it comes to mere inexperience, or some sloppiness, if people observe track etiquette. But I'm absolutely ruthless about kicking people who cause a disruption.

I kicked someone this morning for "bad attitude Debbie Downer type complaining". :lol:
It was sad because the guy was good. He wasn't the most tidy driver but he wasn't dirty just aggressive. But on the weekends, there's a real mix of drivers racing, so I tend to keep the ratio set at 3 if the room's really mixed... or else the same people keep winning and people get bored... and that seems to precipitate IRRATIONAL & just plain wrong ideas about how to fix the problem - such as "raise the pp" or "make the races shorter". (As if making races shorter or making all the cars faster will somehow make slower drivers faster... :boggled: Trust me, I AM a slower driver... and faster cars & higher PP does nothing to help me win races! :lol:)
Well the guy got all upset every other race... every time he won a race and then was given kind of a crappy car, he'd just give up & quit the next race when he realized he couldn't win it. Which meant the next race he'd get a good car again, and then win or nearly win. :rolleyes: Then the next race he'd get a crappy car again, and whine about that. Well after I saw this happen 3 or 4 times, I told him to stop complaining & stop quitting races. He got all hysterical then & continued to complain about his car (which he had a better car than me in the race, and when he quit, I was behind him!!!) :lol:
I don't expect people to press on if they have some egregious misfortune in a race, wind up way out behind with no hope and there's more than half the race to go. By all means sit the remainder of the race out and go get yourself a soda. :lol:
But I am considering adding to the "prohibited" list, people who give up repeatedly every other race. :rolleyes:

Oh the humanity! :lol:

Yeah I thought that which is cool. Uncool whiner though ;). So you got a lounge up now I ask again :dopey:?

I once got a Storia X4 once and was like :ill:.. But I was racing friends so I just pee'd myself laughing while I tried to keep up :lol:.

Oh no sorry I did this morning.
I should just start posting here when I open a room. 👍 💡

That storia is pretty terrible depending... Though I've seen fast drivers do OKAY in it.

My idea is that some of the crappy cars are at least fun. And I think the Fun-ness of a race is more dependent upon the car being fun + having other cars to race.
The thing I think most people find NOT fun is being lonely on the track - whether up front or out behind or somewhere in the middle... Nobody wants to be driving around by themselves in a RACE. :lol:
I mean so if I have a crap car hey - I see it as a challenge to just keep up!! If I'm keeping up in a crap car, then I feel it's a success. :D

I mean so if I have a crap car hey - I see it as a challenge to just keep up!! If I'm keeping up in a crap car, then I feel it's a success. :D

Exactly but this was in 400-420pp so it really sucked... Was up against Subarus and Holdens etc :lol:.

Was joking around saying.. "Cmon you have X in your name so go like the X1 :lol:"

Exactly but this was in 400-420pp so it really sucked... Was up against Subarus and Holdens etc :lol:.

Was joking around saying.. "Cmon you have X in your name so go like the X1 :lol:"

:scared: :ill: :crazy:

Shuffle base of 400pp or 420pp is FLAWED hugely.
I avoid it like the plague.
That's where you get a bunch of Evos that win easily, a bunch of Imprezzas weaving around the track, and some poor sap winds up in a vintage muscle bouncing off the limiter at Monza.
:ill: :indiff: 👎 :boggled: :rolleyes: :(

I think the best mix & most interesting shuffle bases are 300pp, 320pp, 360pp, 480pp, & 500pp.

380pp is INFINITELY better for a track with long straights than 400pp or 420pp.
At 380pp, even at ratio 3 or 4, you won't get some cars that bounce off the limiter at the straight/no-chicanes Sarthe. Some cars might be kind of slower... but they don't do that emasculating limiter hitting nonsense.

Apparently I get talked about in other shuffle rooms. So there's definitely a pub lobby "shuffle circuit" that has many of the same people, particularly in certain time slots.
My husband was shuffle racing last week, and called me to look at the screen because my name was being mentioned. The host recommended my shuffle lobbies to the other racers. The interesting thing about that was the guy who was recommending me - I don't think I've EVER raced with him. (Unless he has an alternate psn name maybe...)

Yeah that was me. I have raced in your room many times and like how you run the room and the settings used. I only host if i can't find an already existing low pp shuffle room so when a clean driver would ask me about when my rooms are open, i would recommend them to yours and destinkeys rooms for low pp racing since i don't host often.

I hope this is ok, but if not, i'll refrain from doing so in the future. I know it's hard to find a solid group of clean drivers that stick around consistently so i figured it'd be good to keep the clean guys in "the fold" with the few good hosts out there.

Sorry, never tried to quote text before. Think i got it wrong.

Yeah that was me. I have raced in your room many times and like how you run the room and the settings used. I only host if i can't find an already existing low pp shuffle room so when a clean driver would ask me about when my rooms are open, i would recommend them to yours and destinkeys rooms for low pp racing since i don't host often.

I hope this is ok, but if not, i'll refrain from doing so in the future. I know it's hard to find a solid group of clean drivers that stick around consistently so i figured it'd be good to keep the clean guys in "the fold" with the few good hosts out there.

Sorry, never tried to quote text before. Think i got it wrong.

It's all cool. :)
We clean shufflers have to stick together!

Honestly, I did NOT remember your name! My husband asked me if I race with you, and the name just wasn't ringing any bells.

Though I will say this... names of the trouble makers stick in my mind more! :lol:

I too basically host... when there's no one solid hosting already.
I realize that it's not easy to be a good host. Sometimes your own racing gets lost, because of having to steward. And it's not easy to kick someone if you didn't see the racer offending yourself... and you have to rely on trusted pals you race with often to make the call. Because let's face it, dirty drivers mostly behave around the host!!
So what is most important is having "back up"... To have the solid group of clean racers in that "fold", to support those who step up to the host position & try & keep things fun & in order, & to guide the not-dirty-but-not-yet-up-to-par. :)

Anyway, had no clue you were on GTPlanet! So good to see you! 👍

If you add bad drivers to your blocked list on PSN, they will never again be able to enter any lobby that you run in GT5.

:sly:

VBR
If you add bad drivers to your blocked list on PSN, they will never again be able to enter any lobby that you run in GT5.

:sly:

Is that true? I didn't think it worked that way, but if it does, that's fantastic. :)
I basically have only used the block list when I kick someone and they send a series of stupid offensive messages to me. :rolleyes: (Or even just one egregiously nasty message.)
That's only happened a couple of times.
But I will certainly start using the block list for particularly bad drivers. 👍
Thanks for the info. ! :)

*Reads hoping Melon has a room open since she post* *Is disapointed to find chat about bad drivers etc* :sly::lol:.

Hopefully I'll catch you in a room sometime soon :P.

Btw the messages after kicking was another reason we called non series people "Randoms". We allways cleary put the title as private etc but some people don't read :dunce:. (Worst thin is most of them are UK :scared:)

:scared: :ill: :crazy:

Shuffle base of 400pp or 420pp is FLAWED hugely.
I avoid it like the plague.
That's where you get a bunch of Evos that win easily, a bunch of Imprezzas weaving around the track, and some poor sap winds up in a vintage muscle bouncing off the limiter at Monza.
:ill: :indiff: 👎 :boggled: :rolleyes: :(

I think the best mix & most interesting shuffle bases are 300pp, 320pp, 360pp, 480pp, & 500pp.

380pp is INFINITELY better for a track with long straights than 400pp or 420pp.
At 380pp, even at ratio 3 or 4, you won't get some cars that bounce off the limiter at the straight/no-chicanes Sarthe. Some cars might be kind of slower... but they don't do that emasculating limiter hitting nonsense.

What's flawed is Shuffle base 500 @ Point Ratio 10. They put an SLS AMG and LFA with a Cerbera Speed 6 and a Lancer V? :ill:

Just want to give it a try.

Room open: 1472 4711 0038 4892 2432

Room was full in 15mn about. Still full when i left but no one from VCRC/MCRC so I consider it's closed now 👍

PS: my preferred class is 360pp.

Last edited:
Is that true? I didn't think it worked that way, but if it does, that's fantastic. :)
I basically have only used the block list when I kick someone and they send a series of stupid offensive messages to me. :rolleyes: (Or even just one egregiously nasty message.)
That's only happened a couple of times.
But I will certainly start using the block list for particularly bad drivers. 👍
Thanks for the info. ! :)

I know someone who had me on their blocked list, I tried entering their lobby once just to test it out, & it wouldn't let me in. That was back in 2010 when the game first came out though, & he was on my blocked list too, so I dunno if that made a difference.

ADVERTISE

Would anyone be interested in this? It's a rough idea, but what I have in mind would be something like this:

-8 tracks in the schedule for the 1st season. 3 races per track. 24 races in the total.
-Race 1 would have a 7-10 min qualify to decide starting order. Race 2 starting grid would be the reversal finishing order of Race 1 and Race 3 reversal finishing order of Race 2.
-All 16 racers points (1st wins 16, 16th wins 1). Max points in a track would be 48 points.
-Might use a Chase system for the last 9 races (something like NASCAR), but not total sure of that.
-GTP Rules of Online Racing would be followed.

I would need someone else to run the series with me, which I can really put my trust in him and vice-versa. And as well debate a date and the time it could go. Shuffle ratio and all those option would be debated during the week of a race, to see if we need to raise or lower down the cars (getting supercars for say Daytona and slower cars for Tsukuba, as example).

Schedule would be something like this:

1. Daytona (Oval)
2. Laguna Seca
3. Tsukuba
4. Suzuka
5. Eiger/High Speed Ring
6. Monza
7. Circuit De La Sarthe (With Chicanes)
8. Nurburgring 24hrs

Like always, ideas, suggestions and who would be interested in this, please post. Thanks!

Thread for discussing!

Last edited:
Back