img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 @ Rome Reverse

car_mazda_autozam_az1_92.jpg
track_rome.jpg

Stewards Notes
Come Wednesday I guess there will be no more dive bombing the AI drivers and back to our regular gentlemanly ways! This little Monsta is truly more fun to drive without those annoying Cube Vans in the way! See you in Rome!

Special Note
The car has been modified slightly to allow for more passing and to mimic the grip of the original Time Trial. Stage 1 - Low RPM turbo kit has been added and Sports Hard (S1) tires have been installed..

Special Update
The format has been changed after Tuesday practice to include a feature race followed by a reverse grid sprint race.

Rome_1copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event73_reg.png

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

Rome_2copy.jpg

wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 1:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Rome Reverse
  • Car: Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • Tires: Sports Hard
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Allowed - R/A functions allowed

Feature/Sprint Points System
Points will be awarded to a driver for each race and the overall winner determined by points.

The points earned for each race will depend on the number of drivers that start that race. The last place driver gets 1 point and points increase by 1 for every position forward. In addition the top finishers in each race get "podium" bonus points: 4 points for first, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd. For example if 11 drivers start a race:
P1 : 11 + 4 = 15
P2 : 10 + 2 = 12
P3 : 9 + 1 = 10
P4 : 8
P5 : 7
P6 : 6
P7 : 5
P8 : 4
P9 : 3
P10 : 2
P11 : 1
As far as the points formula goes a driver counts if they start the race even if they DC before finishing a single lap. If said driver does not return for the next race they will not count towards the point formula for that race. This point system spans across multiple lounges if necessary using the total number of drivers across both lounges to build the formula.

For this event the feature race will count for double points thus a 2x multiplier will be applied to all points earned for the feature.

The tie breaker is finishing order of feature race.​

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: Feature - 24 (+1 formation lap) | Sprint - 12 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Feature - Fastest First based on Qualification | Sprint - Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 175% Average lap (160 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • Pits: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: 429 PP (with full aero)
  • Power: 120 HP (with full break in)
  • Weight: 647 kg
  • Weight reductions: All allowed
  • Engine Tuning Modifications: ECU Tuning and Engine Stage 1
  • Intake, Exhaust Modifications: Sports intake manifold, Racing air filter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Cat Converter and Racing Exhaust
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Stage 1 "Low RPM turbo kit" allowed Stage 2 and 3 Turbo not Allowed
  • Drivetrain/Suspension: All Allowed.
  • Transmission: Any - Manual or Automatic Allowed.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Aero: All Allowed
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph / 100 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Rome Reverse is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Romecopy.jpg

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

EU Livestream:

NA Livestream:

Looking forward to this one. Love Rome circuit.
I'll sign up as soon as I know which DLC paint I'll use. :sly:

Yup, signed up for this. Will be my first race after getting my placement :)

I'm in too, fixed my internet connexion problems so it should be allright. I've raced last sunday in another league and it was perfect. 👍

Count me as reg'ed for both, I have no kids that day and will be anxiously awaiting the Eu event as it will be my very first race for WRS.:cheers:

Count me as reg'ed for both, I have no kids that day and will be anxiously awaiting the Eu event as it will be my very first race for WRS.:cheers:

Cool. There are practices for this combo on Tuesday as well. There's always a practice session in the EU timeslot (20:00 GMT) and people often get together later (evening NA time), but those are more ad hoc and not scheduled ahead of time.

Signed up for this week. :) Should be fun with the chosen specs. 👍

Whoa! Waaaay more tail-happy than in the TT!

Laptimes are a good 2 seconds faster. And you best change gear at about 2.000 rpm. That's what it feels like at least. (it's more like 6500-7000)

Whoa! Waaaay more tail-happy than in the TT!

Laptimes are a good 2 seconds faster. And you best change gear at about 2.000 rpm. That's what it feels like at least. (it's more like 6500-7000)

You saw we are using Sports Hard tires, right? We tested, and tried to make it feel closer to the TT.

EDK
You saw we are using Sports Hard tires, right? We tested, and tried to make it feel closer to the TT.

Yeah, I saw that. :sly:

Corner speeds are very close to the TT with Sports Hard. I'd say you were spot on. It's just a little harder to avoid oversteer. After dozens and dozens of tries in the TT, you do get used to the SRF-safe cushion way too much - was time to get rid of those bad habits anyway!

Curious to see what lap times look like at the practice today. I got in the car for the first time yesterday... Ran offline with our online specs and tire wear on / real grip reduction so I could work with the ghost and break in the car. Got in the mid 1'28s but a few HP short of full break in. Might behave a bit different online though. See you guys in a couple hours and we'll find out.

And I agree with Snow, with the turbo it almost seems like shifting before 8000 is better, but when I tried I didn't gain or lose on my ghost so probably just my imagination.

Which 3D3 account holds the practice session? or will only 1 be online to make my life easier? lol

Practice will be in GTP_3D3Racing (Main) Lounge.
That account won't be online, you can just find it in your community tab all the way at the bottom. Click the coffeecup on that account and you'll see if people are already in.
I'll open the lounge at about 19:00-19:30GMT if nobody else did already. See you then. 👍

Curious to see what lap times look like at the practice today.

I had a small online practice in my lounge, set it up to specs and had a best lap of 28.7. Average laps were more low to mid 29's. Even on Tyrewear Very Fast the tyres last very long.

I had a small online practice in my lounge, set it up to specs and had a best lap of 28.7. Average laps were more low to mid 29's. Even on Tyrewear Very Fast the tyres last very long.

👍 I'll be at practice today (shortly I hope). I'm also curious how much draft impact there is given the top speed isn't that high.

The Main Lounge is open fro practice!
I'll be afk for about 30min though. Then I'll join you guys on track and we'll do some 10lap races.

My current setup:

no wing yes wing

Downforce 20

Transmission
First set the final gear to 6.000 and then max speed to 150 km/h (2nd lowest)
And then set the gears as follows .

f3.000 (shift up at around 7175 rpm)

LSD 10/20/15

Suspension
45/-20
15.0/2.2
2/7
2/1
7/1

1.9/1.5
-0.15/-0.30

Brakes 2/5 ABS 3

Sports Hard tyres

NOTE: Prepare to drift!

EDIT: changed the gears a little

Last edited:
That's the most fun I've ever had in practice! I honestly had a smile on my face the whole time driving these in the packs :cheers: :gtpflag:.

Based on practice we're going to change the format a bit. We realized that no pit is going to be required even with very fast tire wear. Add to that the pack racing is great fun and passing with the draft (quite strong acutally) is manageable. Therefore...

We are going to run two shorter races instead of a single one hour race.

First, a 24 lap feature race where the start order will be determined by our normal live pre-race qualification session. Second, a 12 lap sprint race with reverse grid based on finish from the feature race.

Our normal point system will be used to determine an overall winner. The feature race will be worth double points.

If a driver finishes at the back in the feature and wishes NOT to start on pole or near the front, they are free to elect to start in the back. Just alert a steward prior to the second race.

A 100 km/h formation lap will be run to start each race.

We'll update the detail posts shortly to reflect these changes.

NOTE: if you have only run the time trial event and you didn't make the practice today you should be aware the optimal gear box is completely different. With the low RPM turbo you want to shift at 7000 RPM and thus want to set your gears long enough that you don't go far beyond this on the straight or even in the draft. As a guide my top speed was set to 274 km/h. It'll gain you at least 0.5 per lap versus using a transmission optimized for the offline event.

PS> Glad to welcome Paul (GTP_oink) to 3D3 Racing. By the way practice went today I'd say we have ourselves another clean and fast driver. 👍 Just curious how you came up with that tag?

Last edited:
Looks like there's 6+ confirmed for both races, so it looks like I won't have to sign up as a field filler for this one like I did for the last kei car race. 👍

Latest Posts

Back