Multi-Class Laguna Seca Endurance - Fabian wins title by only 1 point!

United States
Chicago, IL
iamsupernasty
GT Stock Multi-Class Laguna Seca Endurance Challenge
www.GTendurancechallenge.com

555.jpg

After the brilliant success of our last (and first) championship event - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267760 - we're ready to go with Round 2! A few rule changes for competitiveness should make for an even more epic championship that before!

Round 2 will be a Multi-Class Endurance race featuring completely stock Corvette RM Race Cars and stock Mazda Roadster TCs.

This is an expert level event. All GTplanet members are encouraged to sign up, but only those who can prove themselves to be clean, respectful, trustworthy and lag-free will be allowed to race.

The cars used for this event will be the Stock Mazda Roadster TC, and the Stock Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Race Modified.

The track for this event will be Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

This will be a multi-class event, where the field is split based on qualifying. All drivers will be assigned to a certain class for round 1, and then will drive the other class in round 2.

Points are scored for position within class. Points will be accumulated for the two rounds and combined with any bonus points earned to determine the winners.​​

Official qualifying for each race will begin at 3:30pm Eastern, with mandatory practice starting at 2:30pm Eastern. ​​​​Qualifying will take approximately 30 minutes, with each feature taking approximately ​90 minutes. Races will be over by 5:30pm Eastern at the latest.
​​
​​​Please visit the rules page on the website (http://www.gtendurancechallenge.com), read everything very carefully and make sure you're familiar and comfortable with all of the expectations and penalties. We do not use the OLR, so please be familiar with the rules that we do use. This is very important. Please address any questions directly to the commissioner(s).

Signups are restricted to those drivers who can commit to attending all three rounds! Please post your signup below, and send me an e-mail or private message with your Name (or nickname), psn ID, and an e-mail address that you check regularly (updates are sent via e-mail).

​Room Restrictions:
​
* Standing Start w/ False Starts​
​​* Heavy Damage
* Tires (Roadster TC): Sports Hard
* Tires (Corvette RM): Sports Soft​ ​
* Draft: Weak
* Penalties: Off
* Boost: Off
* Collisions: On
* Grip Reduction: Real ​
* Aids & Assists Allowed: ABS Only​
* Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: Fast
* Tuning Prohibited​
* Microphones: Off
* Race Quality: Very High​​
​
Cars Allowed:

Mazda Roadster TC
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 RM

Mazda_Raceway_Laguna_Seca_4.jpg

333.jpg

Schedule:

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 35 Laps - Sunday, February 17th (2:30pm Eastern) - Practice Race
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 50 Laps - Sunday, March 17th (2:30pm Eastern) - Round 1
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 50 Laps - Sunday, March 24th (2:30pm Eastern) - Round 2

Signups:
Approved Drivers (Names / PSN): * includes pre-registered

1. Bill / iamsupernasty

2. Fabian / perrolocomcqueen

​​3. Oz / Tha-Ghoast

4. Yannik / GTP_Worst_Driver​​

5. Will / GTP_Litchi

6. Derrick / Rayzablayz​​

7. Rob / Red_Leader​​

8. Jason / fbmautopilot​​

9. Chris / Wanderlust2000​​

10. Joe / GOINDYCOLTS

11. Kevin / Whitey093
​​​​​
12. Chris / Azbay
​​
13. Brad / dragwrxer
​​
14. Carl / c4rl0s_171186​​​​

15. Tim / mrjones_80

16. Carl / rally06pig

Last edited:
We've decided to change the Tier 2 Class to become the Mazda Roadster TC. Should allow extra maneuverability in traffic. Looks like lap time difference between the cars is around 15 seconds.

Hey Yannik :)

Per the rules:

* All drivers will be required to submit a base qualifying time. This will be run with a Chevrolet Corvette RM. (Sports Soft Tires, Real Grip, Online Lobby).
* Public qualifying rooms will be held leading up to the deadline.
* If more than 16 drivers register, only the top 16 may race. The rest will be reserve drivers. ​ ​
* Qualifying times must be submitted to commissioner no later than March ​8th @ Midnight Eastern.​
* These base times will be used to sort the classes. Fastest time gets Corvette class, second fastest gets MX-5 class, third fastest gets Corvette class, and so on. For round two, everybody switches and drives the other car. ​

--

This should allow us to spread the talent evenly through the classes. Although to be fair, there isn't a huge disparity between the fastest and slowest drivers anyway.

Last edited:
I'll be up and running by the 15th of Feb so I will give this a try.

PSN = Dayofwar2009

Cool! When you're set up and ready to go, just add me on psn and join us for some practice. Just need to confirm that you'll be a good fit for our championship :)

Thanks for registering!

Good thing that we're switching classes for the second race, I wouldn't want to miss driving the awesome Miata TC. :D

Of course! None of us have done much multi class racing in GT5, so I figured it would be fun to see the action from both points of view. It's an idea that I've wanted to try for a while, but it's important to get the right group of drivers to make sure we can pull it off. I'd say we're almost there :)

Hi there. I should be available for these 3 races.

I don't wanna appear pretentious but I have to say that i'm a bit experienced to multi-class racing, especially the WRS events, a bit like this one.
And I think that the best way to go for everyone to finish the race is to set the race with 1 more lap. In this case, when the fast class cross the line of the end of the 50th lap, they just have to park and wait for the slower class to finish their race.

Hey Will! Glad to see you're interested :)

No parties on Sunday afternoons these days?

Anyway, I agree I'm not sure I've figured out the best way to end the race. I'm concerned that if we just have guys parking while others are racing, people could get distracted? Perhaps that's better than computer driven cars littering the track though lol.

We've got the practice race next week so we'll probably try your idea. Thanks for signing up!

That leaves two spots :)

No, Sundays works perfectly for me. Races will take place around 8.30pm for me and Monday is a workday so I never have any parties on Sundays ahah.

Anyway, I agree I'm not sure I've figured out the best way to end the race. I'm concerned that if we just have guys parking while others are racing, people could get distracted? Perhaps that's better than computer driven cars littering the track though lol.

Well, I just checked the track carefully and if we don't want to be bothered by cars parked on the side, we can ask to the fast class to continue their 51th lap and go to the pits. Then they press pause and they wait. The car in 1st place in the pits will crosses the line (and activate the RDF) only if the driver leaves the pits so i think we are safe with this option

I don't think I can make the races, as they are a bit too early for me to get on the game. Though I don't really see what the problem is with just everyone finishing the lap they are on when the Leader finishes the race. That's the way it works in real life and also doesnt require anyone to drive through cars at 50mph. I never really understood why GT5 allows cars that are laps down to finish their race.

Sorry to hear the time slot isn't great for you! If you change your mind, we'd certainly enjoy having you. Remember that mandatory practice is 2:30 EST, but as long as you're ready to qualify at 3:30 EST, that's the important thing.

--

How do they do it IRL? Once the leader takes the checkered flag, everybody else gets to finish their lap right? That is easy enough to monitor I suppose. Probably most realistic to do it that way.

I might be able to get on by 3:30, we'll see.

Yea, that's how it's done. SO it doesnt matter how many laps down you are, when you cross the line after the leader finishes, race is over. So that means you only need, say, a 1:40 timer for everyone to finish

Yea I think that's the best way to do it. Now the only remaining question revolves around starting procedures :) We did some testing on starts and standing starts should be no problem. The RMs leave the TCs in the dust even with spinning the tires.

Anyway, practice race is this Sunday! See you all at 2:30 Eastern!

If anyone viewing this thread wants to participate in the practice because they're unsure about signing up for the big race and want to become more familiar with us, please let me know. You're welcome to attend if there is room. :)

Last edited:
Looks like we've got a full grid! Some of us did some practice today; can't wait until Sunday!

If you're practicing, probably want to shoot for times around 1:25-1:26 for the Corvette and 1:39-1:40 for the Mazda.

Can you say lockup? Good thing ABS is on for the race :)

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca-1_zps1c27ec5e.jpg

Last edited:
Hey rocko!

Yea man I didnt forget about you. Like I said, once you get set up just add me on psn and join us for some warmup. We need to make sure you'll be a good fit for our championship. Assuming everything goes smoothly, you will be added to the list and given equal opportunity to race.

Also, as per mentioned on the rules, I need you to send me your email address and real name. You can wait until you've been pre approved to complete that step if you prefer.

Hopefully that makes sense. Sorry for the confusion.

Another question, while I started practicing and it's a fun car/track combo, who races which car this sunday for the practice race ?
Qualifying times are due on march 8th if I'm reading correct ?

Looking forward to this sunday. Last time I've raced with you guys, it was amazing. Great, close and clean racing. 👍

Hey Yannik :)

Per the rules:

* All drivers will be required to submit a base qualifying time. This will be run with a Chevrolet Corvette RM. (Sports Soft Tires, Real Grip, Online Lobby).
* Public qualifying rooms will be held leading up to the deadline.
* If more than 16 drivers register, only the top 16 may race. The rest will be reserve drivers. ​ ​
* Qualifying times must be submitted to commissioner no later than March ​8th @ Midnight Eastern.​
* These base times will be used to sort the classes. Fastest time gets Corvette class, second fastest gets MX-5 class, third fastest gets Corvette class, and so on. For round two, everybody switches and drives the other car. ​

--

This should allow us to spread the talent evenly through the classes. Although to be fair, there isn't a huge disparity between the fastest and slowest drivers anyway.

Depends where you qualify.

Another question, while I started practicing and it's a fun car/track combo, who races which car this sunday for the practice race ?
Qualifying times are due on march 8th if I'm reading correct ?

Looking forward to this sunday. Last time I've raced with you guys, it was amazing. Great, close and clean racing. 👍

I'm looking forward to racing with you again also!

This weekend, it doesn't matter what people drive. I don't think people will mind much either way, so well figure out who wants what and split the room on Sunday.

Depends where you qualify.

Sorry I think I misunderstood your statement origonally. You are correct that qualifying will determine classes in the feature races, but for the practice race it will be less formal. Ill send an email tonight asking for requests.

Everyone should come to the race this weekend prepared with both cars just in case.

Last edited:
See u at 7 30 pm my time. Or is it an hour earlier?

Lol whatsup Carl. Im not totally sure. Ask Google?

Try to be on early if your not sure. Ill be on before 2:30 for practice since I haven't raced much at all this week.

I dont think Robert is joining us today, so hopefully everyone else can :)

Went to drop my girlfriend off at home an hour ago. Been sitting in traffic surrounding the Chicago Auto Show without moving an inch for 30 minutes now. Lets hope this starts moving quickly.... Still on target to start room at 2:30 est, but if this doesn't start moving soon, I may be 5-10 mins late to start room.

Darn traffic!

Back