Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Canada
London, Ontario
Starky513
Before hating on the whole idea, there is a strong argument as to why Hybriding cars happens to be a pretty cool thing. The classic 2JZ swap is open for business and we all have to love that!

MODDING IS BACK :D (old news) So post your new favourites!

Last edited:
There's someone (PSN is Akio Asakura lol) running around in a blue 240ZG designed to look like the Devil Z. But it isn't just high HP, It has the 280ZX engine, a turbo on it (somehow) and wider rear tread, a boost gauge, blow off valve sound and about a 230 mph top speed. It doesn't even look like a hybrid, and is really really fast. I have no idea how many mods it has to do that.

Also seen a gold V12 Supra just like the Top Secret Supra, same HP too. Don't know what engine was though, probably a ferrari or lambo.

I still want to see someone do a Corvette Sledgehammer (254mph 1990 ZR-1, twin turbo, 900HP)

Coolest i've seen so far is an Ls7 NSX and a Veyron powered R8.

Right now i'm working on a Hennessey Viper Competition Coupe based off of the GTS-R Concept. I'm pretty confident i can get the wing removed like his since i was able to successfully remove the one from the LP670-4, then i'd need to raise the ride height or maybe find a chassis with appropriate tires.

So was it me who had the GT-86 V8 Swap, because im the first one who put it in :3. So uhm i get a bit credit? or no, Im a sad panda.

Now this one, this one can just go straight to the Hybriding section. Done 👍

Lets make a list shall we :).

S13 + Ford V8 SVT Cobra R
S14 + Ford V8 SVT Cobra R
FR-S + Cosworth engine
R34 + RB25 Blitz R34 + Wingless
G35 + LS7

All by me :Sly:

well, i made 2jz gt86, that goes without saying, it's a must.
and a lfa engine in a gt86, that is a beauty. v10 howling, fast as hell, and looks of a funny little 86.
also XKR engine in an E-type is cool, although i forgot to change the gearbox (it was late), and you have puny 4-speed, or 5-speed in the shop.

My favourite sound (engine) swap is putting the Zonda C12 engine into a Murciélago LP670-4 SV. It has that scream, that melody of the real thing, without being too loud or annoying.

Another really cool sound swap is to put an Aston Martin engine into the Maserati so it finally has a proper sound.

My favourite sound (engine) swap is putting the Zonda C12 engine into a Murciélago LP670-4 SV. It has that scream, that melody of the real thing, without being too loud or annoying.

Another really cool sound swap is to put an Aston Martin engine into the Maserati so it finally has a proper sound.

I need to try this time to go make that :P.

I recently did a 2JZ-GTE swap in an A70 (MK3) Supra.

I can't wait to do more engine swaps. It's amazing of what we're capable of to do to the cars now.

These are the best I've made:
Chevrolet V8 in the back of a Lotus Elise RM. Stats are similar to Hennesey Venom GT and it drives really well.

VW Sambabus with Subaru Impreza engine. Puts out around 650BHP without Turbos and drives well. 1600 with stage 3 turbo is possible, if a bit silly.

Mini Cooper 1.3i with RR layout and GSX/R4 engine and gearbox. Fun little car, handling is odd but managable :). Rolls over on Racing tyres :(

Audi Pikes Peak with full Ferrari F2007 swap (can be turbo'd). I wanted to use a Renault Avantime, but didn't have one handy, so used the big Audi instead.

I thought of a rather good one.

How about a VW Golf with a drivetrain swap to MR for rear wheel drive and put the VW Nardo W12 engine in the Golf to replicate the W12 Golf GTI.

9KRPM
There's someone (PSN is Akio Asakura lol) running around in a blue 240ZG designed to look like the Devil Z. But it isn't just high HP, It has the 280ZX engine, a turbo on it (somehow) and wider rear tread, a boost gauge, blow off valve sound and about a 230 mph top speed. It doesn't even look like a hybrid, and is really really fast. I have no idea how many mods it has to do that.

Also seen a gold V12 Supra just like the Top Secret Supra, same HP too. Don't know what engine was though, probably a ferrari or lambo.

I still want to see someone do a Corvette Sledgehammer (254mph 1990 ZR-1, twin turbo, 900HP)

I have the same car for the 240z! To be clear it tops at 800 something HP and also the chassis is from the Z32 i'm pretty that's what he put in i might need to check though.

I have the Underground Racing Lambo Gallardo

It tops at 1520hp and it has same chassis but tranny from the Murcielago.

So was it me who had the GT-86 V8 Swap, because im the first one who put it in :3. So uhm i get a bit credit? or no, Im a sad panda.

LOL'd hard! How are you so sure? :') It's not like you where the first to hack cars and go online...

I did the following today:

S Toyota Supra '97 (1200+ BHP)
S 2JZGTE Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (S.Shigeno version) '00
S RB26DETT Nissan 200SX 96' (1000 BHP)
S SR20DE Nissan March (Micra) G# '99 Monster Micra Replica (350 BHP)
S RB26DETT + N1 Nissan Silvia K's AERO (S14) '96 Circuit racer (850 BHP)
S RB26SETT + N1 SKYLINE HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
P 2JZGTE Lexus IS F '07 (1000+ BHP)
P R26B Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
P RB26DETT Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 Ex Vi Termini GTR700 Replica (1400 BHP)
P RB26DETT Nissan Silva spec-R AERO (S15) '02 (1000+ BHP)
P Hayabusa kart
P RUF engine Volkawagen 1200 '66

Last edited:
LOL'd hard! How are you so sure? :') It's not like you where the first to hack cars and go online...

I did the following today:

S Toyota Supra '97 (1200+ BHP)
S 2JZGTE Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (S.Shigeno version) '00
S RB26DETT Nissan 200SX 96' (1000 BHP)
S SR20DE Nissan March (Micra) G# '99 Monster Micra Replica (350 BHP)
S RB26DETT + N1 Nissan Silvia K's AERO (S14) '96 Circuit racer (850 BHP)
S RB26SETT + N1 SKYLINE HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
P 2JZGTE Lexus IS F '07 (1000+ BHP)
P R26B Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
P RB26DETT Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 Ex Vi Termini GTR700 Replica (1400 BHP)
P RB26DETT Nissan Silva spec-R AERO (S15) '02 (1000+ BHP)
P Hayabusa kart
P RUF engine Volkawagen 1200 '66

I must give you mad props! All of yours are logical, the way I like doing mine and that make sense! Cheers.

I must give you mad props! All of yours are logical, the way I like doing mine and that make sense! Cheers.

Proper realism FTW!

Edit: Working on the infamous V-TEC engine as we speak:

2007829224140_wertt.jpg

And starting on a drift spec S15 without front bumper later :)

Edit 2: If only this van was back in the game...

Renault_Espace_F1_van.jpg

Then we could fit it with proper F1 engines. :D

Last edited:
Two favourites of mine, Volvo C30 with all the undergarments of the Tommy Kaira ZZII, including the 4wd system, and the Honda CRZ TC with full FTO LM running gear. Might make this RWD just to reinvoke memories of the epic CRX LM from previous generations of GT.

Also made a few other 4WD conversions, but these are still my go to favourites.

Back