Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Just finished my first car with "the works" :D .. '76 VW Golf- stock chassis + '10 Camaro RM engine and sound + HKS 230R drivetrain.. Lowered just right with 1000HP! Great Drag and drift car!

Made a pretty nasty drag car last night. 69 Camaro on the 69 Camaro RM chassis and drivetrain, Nascar V8 Engine, Supercharged, ~1250hp on Super Soft (V). Got the 1/4 mile in 8.4 @ 174mph :lol:

Oh and it's still RWD 👍

At the moment 1,489, not broken in but it dead on Realistic.

Yeah, that's AMS, lol. I keep forgetting to work on those AMS machines. Such a shame the throttle is real sensitive and the sound gets too high pitched on those 1200+ BHP cars. :( Oh well, still realisitc. :D

You could always use the Avantime with a chassis swap?

Couold do. Woulden't make a very realistic Renault Espace F1... :(

Yeah, that's AMS, lol. I keep forgetting to work on those AMS machines. Such a shame the throttle is real sensitive and the sound gets too high pitched on those 1200+ BHP cars. :( Oh well, still realisitc. :D

Not with GTR. The GTR is fine. Sound is perfect. Right on.

Bounkazz

Couold do. Woulden't make a very realistic Renault Espace F1... :(

The Avantime is an Espace 'coupe' though (albeit the Mk3 Espace). It's the closest you can get, and should look the part with yellow paint and a big wing XD

Edit: Another idea I may have a go at is a Holden Commodore running on the Ford Falcon V8 supercar chassis. The main problem with the Ford is there are no Holdens to race against.

Last edited:
Edit: Another idea I may have a go at is a Holden Commodore running on the Ford Falcon V8 supercar chassis. The main problem with the Ford is there are no Holdens to race against.

True, but some other cars can substitute. (Lexus IS-F, C63 AMG, Jag XFR) Plus I put the IS-F engine into a Skyline 350GT the other day and made a Nissan V8 Supercar. :D

True, but some other cars can substitute. (Lexus IS-F, C63 AMG, Jag XFR) Plus I put the IS-F engine into a Skyline 350GT the other day and made a Nissan V8 Supercar. :D

Didn't have a Ford XR8 handy, but the Chevy Nascar Chassis is a good fit. With the Holden's weight reduction mods it comes up to just shy of 1300kg. The XR8 is 1350 so I've added enough ballast to make the weight the same.

With some power mods it puts out over 600BHP and is around 620PP the same as the Ford. I'll need to do some back to back tests to see how laptimes compare, then I'll share it for any V8 Supercar fans out there :P

Edit: Quick test on Fuji Speedway F, Best lap times:
Ford Falcon XR8-1:40.856
Holden Commodore-1:40.870

The Holden is better on the brakes, the Ford is better out of the corners, overall they're about equal. SUCCESS!

Last edited:

Wow, awesome idea! Didn't even cross my mind to do that.

Barrett has an Arta Gariaya with the XR8 motor, tuned to be exactly like a Daytona Prototype:tup:

I did manage a Prius with a 2JZ and RWD for a friend - quite a drifting beast.
How did that effect the "hybrid" display on the GUI?

Z06 swaps in the Miata. Right here... :sly:

Aye they are great fun!

Lets make a list shall we :).

S13 + Ford V8 SVT Cobra R
S14 + Ford V8 SVT Cobra R
FR-S + Cosworth engine
R34 + RB25 Blitz R34 + Wingless
G35 + LS7

All by me :Sly:

Next thing you should make is a K20 powered Insight, I have the Insight that I can put on share for you 👍

How did that effect the "hybrid" display on the GUI?

Aye they are great fun!

Next thing you should make is a K20 powered Insight, I have the Insight that I can put on share for you 👍

I was just JUST about to do that.

Has anybody found a good chassis swap for the GTR Black Edition to make the wheels more flush / stick out slightly?

Tried about 6 now and none look right.

Hi everyone, i would like to know if there is a tutorial over the web that explains how to do hybrid cars on gt5 ? Or if someone can explain me that'd be nice :).

KTZ
Hi everyone, i would like to know if there is a tutorial over the web that explains how to do hybrid cars on gt5 ? Or if someone can explain me that'd be nice :).

Probably not the right thread to ask that in.

Besides, we don't discuss how to hybrid on GT Planet. Use google for that. There's a particular website forum out there which explains everything you need to know 👍

Anybody got anything for the R32? I don't want the TC, because of the front grip. I would like a street car.

Back